OU Bright Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Sun Shiny Day

Objective:
This team is based around switching my mons around looking for an opening to send out Victini (which can OHKO several targets in sun and 2HKO most others) or Sawsbuck (when I see an opportunity to sweep). The other mons support these 2 by Drought, Aromatherapy, Wish, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rocks, status, and walling.

Process:

The first thing I decided on was that I wanted a weather and I was very attracted to the idea of using the sun.

The next thing I needed were abusers of the sun. I liked Sawsbuck the moment I saw it and I wanted a special abuser to compliment it. I had experience with Chandelure and they complimented each other's weaknesses.

Next I wanted a defensive core that could also heal and take care of entry hazards.

And so my first team was born.

With some play experience, I noticed some problems I had. I had a Terrakion problem with Donphan taking way too much damage from its Combat Combat. So I decided to switch it out for something that can hold it back.

Then I noticed that if my Sawsbuck was taken out, I would get walled badly by Chansey and Blissey. Chandelure had trouble with the unreliable Fire Blast and I started running Blissey with Seismic Toss that wasted its SpA.

Switched Blissey back in for Chansey cause I hated getting walled by Gengar and gave it Thundebolt to hit both Heatran and Gengar, because I would not have a safe switch in to a sun boosted Heatran and Gengar is a pain with the sub up.

Drought

Leftovers @ Modest

128 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 108 Spe

~ Sunny Day
~ SolarBeam
~ Flamethrower
~ Will-O-Wisp

Of course Ninetails has to be here, it wouldn't be a Sunny Day without it. I have tried a couple varients, but this has been my prefered for this team. The Sunny Day -> Solarbeam combo is incredibly effective in the weather war and takes out common threats to Ninetails, namely Politoed and Tyrantiar, when they are in KO range. Will-O-Wisp helps with bringing the weather makers down to KO range and cripple physical attackers.

Victory Star

Choice Scarf @ Jolly

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~ V-create
~ Fusion Bolt
~ U-turn
~ Brick Break

The raw power that Victini provides in the sun is undeniable. When I find a chance to switch him in, a 405 base power V-Create KOs several mons and the Scarf allows me a safe revenge kill out of sun and to strike at least once more most of the time after the speed drop. U-Turn is nice if predicting a switch that might be problematic, but is pretty much filler, Fusion Bolt is attack for anything that resists fire if sun is not up, and Brick Break pokes Heatran, that would normally wall it, and Tyranitar.

Chlorophyll

Life Orb @ Adamant

72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe

~ Swords Dance
~ Horn Leech
~ Return
~ Nature Power

Oh how I love my Sawsbuck. Chlorophyll is incredible and with +2 from Swords Dance, I can plow through mons, except the most bulky Def, with avengence with the great coverage I get from Sawsbuck move set. Thanks to Horn Leech, I am able to heal up my Life Orb damage, while Return is my main damage STAB. If I manage to get +4, Sawsbuck can OHKO Multiscale Dragonite with Return and take out Scizor with a Nature Power which is pretty cool.
Finally if for some unholy reason I get +6
everything is wiped.

Natural Cure

Bold @ Leftovers

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

~ Thunderbolt
~ Toxic
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

I pick Blissey over Chansey because of a couple reasons. The leftovers recovery really helps against the sand and the ability to use special attacks. I chose Thunderbolt because it prevents me from getting walled by Gengar and Heatran. Aromatherapy is a boon for my team because I am constanly switching my mons around looking for an opening. Toxic is there for breaking setups and switch-ins.

Water Absorb

Bold @ Leftovers

248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Roar

Vaporeon is my anchor. It can absorb scary water moves and it can take boosted hits well from both sides and is able to Roar the opponent out. Vaporeon can heal itself with Wish + Protect and heal other with Wish. Finally I switched Scald with Ice Beam since Scald is weak in sun and Ice Beam allows me to take out dragon threats with relative ease.

Levitate

Leftovers @ Relaxed

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Rapid Spin

Claydol is my Terrakion counter and is a very nice counter to entry hazards having Levitate (dodges both Spikes), Ground type (resists Stealth Rocks), Spin, and Rocks to set up. Dealing with entry hazards couldn't be easier thanks to this guy. Earthquake gives a nice STAB to take down Heatran and Ice Beam allows me to break Gengar subs and poke Dragonite, Salamance, and Gliscor very nicely. An issue however, having no Recover can really hurt as other mons take chunks off Claydol’s low hp. Thankfully Vaporeon is there to help with that.

Threats:
U-Turn teams are a killer with my Claydol being weak to U-Turn and the pressure it puts on my team. Stealth Rocks is also a pain, so its important to keep Claydol alive which can be difficult sometimes.

Hey,

Nice team here but there are a couple of weak spots. First off your team is very Terrakion weak as most sun teams are. A way to fix this is to use a Slowbro. Slowbro is probably the best Terrakion counter in the game and can also wall other fighting types and Landorus who all can trouble your team. Slowbro also adds another Water Resist which can be useful when combating Drizzle teams. Thanks to Regenerator and Slack Off Slowbro is very difficult to take down and handles Sand Teams very easily. Now you need to think off what Pokemon need to be replaced. I think Vaporeon fulfills a similar role and is probably the best Pokemon you can replace.

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Slack Off
This set is very standard except Ice Beam is taken over Scald because of Scald being weak as hell in Sun. Ice Beam handles Dragonite and DD Salamence. Fire Blast will roast Ferrothorn or Scizor switch in and they will not be coming back. Psychic is used for Terrakion and Conkeldurr who pose major problems. Slack Off is used for some recovery with Regenerator and making you even harder to kill.

Summary
Slowbro over Vaporeon
That is my rate and I hope it helped.

The Slowbro sounds great. I will miss Wish, because I prefer Aromatherapy on Chansey, but my greatest concern will be not having Roar. I also don't like having 3 weak to dark and ghost. Any suggestions on that.

Pretty solid team here. You were worried about the ghost/dark problem so I looked over your team A LOT. And I thought that the only pokemon that's really replacable is claydol. But I felt like a spinner or at least a magic bouncer was still needed. Magic bouncers were out thanks to the ghost/dark problem, so I went and looked at every pokemon with the access to rapid spin, and stumbled upon SANDSLASH! And he was soooo perfect. He helps stop against volt switch/ u-turn teams, he still sets up rocks, he is nuetral to ghost/dark, and he can help break stall! I was very happy and I feel like he fits well into this team with the below set:

Leftovers Impish
Moveset EVs252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Rapid Spin
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic
Or see it here (second one):
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/sandslash

Besides that the only problem I see with the team is that it isn't horribly offensive. You really only have 2 ways to sweep, chandelure, and sawsbuck. ( I don't count ninetales, since he is a lead and not extremely powerful). This to me could pose a problem to you when you hit teams that can counter both effectively. But this is somewhat an opinion because I personally play with a HO team, and always carry 3-4 pokemon to sweep. But you might put some thought to it!

Hope this helps :D

Pretty solid team here. You were worried about the ghost/dark problem so I looked over your team A LOT. And I thought that the only pokemon that's really replacable is claydol. But I felt like a spinner or at least a magic bouncer was still needed. Magic bouncers were out thanks to the ghost/dark problem, so I went and looked at every pokemon with the access to rapid spin, and stumbled upon SANDSLASH! And he was soooo perfect. He helps stop against volt switch/ u-turn teams, he still sets up rocks, he is nuetral to ghost/dark, and he can help break stall! I was very happy and I feel like he fits well into this team with the below set:

Leftovers Impish
Moveset EVs252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Rapid Spin
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic
Or see it here (second one):
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/sandslash

Besides that the only problem I see with the team is that it isn't horribly offensive. You really only have 2 ways to sweep, chandelure, and sawsbuck. ( I don't count ninetales, since he is a lead and not extremely powerful). This to me could pose a problem to you when you hit teams that can counter both effectively. But this is somewhat an opinion because I personally play with a HO team, and always carry 3-4 pokemon to sweep. But you might put some thought to it!

Hope this helps :D
Sandslash is definitely not a stall counter considering toxic spikes will wear it away.

Hi there, very cool team, but I have 1 quick suggestion, toxic over counter on chansey. Counter, while a fun way to get kills, is much less helpful overall than toxic.
This allows chansey to better take on all kinds of stuff, such as CM latias, NP celebi, and pokes like rotom-w who may be able to painsplit continuously. You may want to consider ice beam over psychic on claydol as well, ice beam keeps dragonite slightly more in check, and allows you to easily beat landorous, gliscor, while letting you hit incoming Latis and celebi. Anyway cool team gl with it!

Edit: also your team seems slightly defensivly oriented, if you wanted you could shift aromatherapy to sawsbuck, and put SR on chansey. Then you could run forrey with spikes, while maintaining a spinner. You could always run shed shell removing the need for volt switch, allowing you to use t-spikes as well. With wish support that might be interesting. Food for thought.

Ty you two. I really like your suggestions Nubagator. There is more stability in toxic. I will check it out along with Claydol with Ice Beam.

Thank you Nubagator for the toxic and ice beam suggestions. They worked out well and I updated the movesets. Hope to get more tips and suggestions.

I switched out Chandelure for Victini, because I wanted more punching power and so that I would get walled by Blissey/Chansey if Sawsbuck goes down.

Nice sun team, when I first signed up here that was all I made was sun. So much fun!
Why are victinis evs 252 spa??
Two suggestions I have.
1 switch saws for lilligant.
Try HP ice giga drain sleep powder aromatherapy/growth.
That gives you a great fast check that can put a threat to sleep, and then gives you a free heal or set up.
Chansey and vaporeon are kinda iffy for me, but I would drop one for a taunt will wisp sableye. Priority taunt lets no one set up, and the last thing a set up wants is a burn.

Nice team! As you say, Terrakion and Uturn can hurt this team quite a bit. I think that trying Reflect over earthquake on Claydol would help. He won't be doing jack Sh*t to many things even with STAB as a result of no investment and his depressing base 70 Atk stat. If you can get him in with his Amazing resistances, you can easily set up reflect and support the rest of your team while you are at it!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Donphan running a defensive set will be better over Claydol. It checks Terrakion pretty well, without fear of X-Scissor, and has a strong Earthquake. While you lose the ability to switch in freely on Spikes, you still have a SR resistance, and the overall non-fodderness of Donphan is exceedingly useful. A set of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Impish with Leftovers and the moves Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, and Roar (phazing is always useful) would be optimal, and you needn't worry about Special hits since Chansey sponges them all day. That's basically all I have to say, good luck!

This change is still in testing, but I am having a lot of fun with it. I hated Chansey, because it felt useless when it was out only using Aromatherapy.

Ty for the advise Vox, but I switched things up a bit. Claydol with reflect really helps with the X-Scissors and allows me Special coverage with me removing Chansey.

I have been trying to decide what would be more beneficial; *Utility* Claydol-Vaporeon (They provide balanced defences. Claydol has no fear of entry hazards, supports team with Toxic and Reflect, and tanks Terrakion and Tryanitar very well. Vaporeon gives Water Absorb, a strong Ice Beam, and takes hits from both sides very well to roar back.) or *Raw Defences* Donphan-Blissey (They provide very strong specialized defenses. Donphan has a strong STAB to keep offensive pressure. Blissey provides huge Wishes.)

might i suggest shiftry good sir i would post the link but my computer is link iggnorant :( (possibly instead of sawsabuck its still great but possibly )

Made some slight changes to better tune the team as I keep playing it. Also added the objective I figured out on how I play my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)