Gen 5 OU Balanced team help

Hey ! I am a noob in pokemon pvp and recently I created a pokemon team based on the research i did. The team is a balanced with 1 swepper, 2 wallbreakers, 2 walls and 1 stallbreker: team
1702810600593.png
1702810734244.png
1702810752234.png
1702810773185.png
1702810790423.png
1702810811980.png

Volcarona: Is the special swepper with quiver dance
Mamoswine: Is the physical wallbreaker wwith earthquake that covers the rock debility of volcarona
Nidoking: IS the special wallbreaker with sheer force and life orb
Amoonguss: Is a wall
Empoleon: Is another wall
Clefable: Is the stallbreaker with magic guard and calm mind

Other roles such as traps placer and traps remover are cover by nidoking with stealth rock and empoleon with defog
1702811271374.png

all tips about builds or changes are welcome :totodiLUL:
Thanks !

Attachments

Always great to see more people playing Gen 5!

However, this team is not very good. :empoleon: and :nidoking: are not viable in BW OU. And, while :volcarona:, :amoonguss:, :clefable:, and :mamoswine: are all decent mons, they don't have much synergy with each other. As such, I don't think this team is salvageable without changing the entire thing. I would recommend checking out the BW Sample Teams to get an idea for strong teams and archetypes. I would recommend playing one of these teams before you attempt to build your own.

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Hey ! I am a noob in pokemon pvp and recently I created a pokemon team based on the research i did. The team is a balanced with 1 swepper, 2 wallbreakers, 2 walls and 1 stallbreker: team
View attachment 580933View attachment 580936View attachment 580937View attachment 580938View attachment 580939View attachment 580940

Volcarona: Is the special swepper with quiver dance
Mamoswine: Is the physical wallbreaker wwith earthquake that covers the rock debility of volcarona
Nidoking: IS the special wallbreaker with sheer force and life orb
Amoonguss: Is a wall
Empoleon: Is another wall
Clefable: Is the stallbreaker with magic guard and calm mind

Other roles such as traps placer and traps remover are cover by nidoking with stealth rock and empoleon with defog
View attachment 580942

all tips about builds or changes are welcome :totodiLUL:
Thanks !
While I don't really want to regurgitate what Cael said, I think one of this teams biggest problems is that it's a XY team in a tier where Defog doesn't remove hazards. This is massive as it makes pokemon such as Volcarona a lot more specific in terms of team support. You can't just slap it onto a team and expect it to work.

It's also important to note that Clefable and Empoleon are extremely niche mons that only fit on a handful of teams. Nidoking is even more niche than those two and barely sees any use aside from some theorymonning that veterans who attempted to build with it.

If you want to build a team around Volcarona, then I would recommend these teams:
https://pokepast.es/51b3d4e417d37f70
https://pokepast.es/797f4a245877f26d

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Contributor to Smogon
hi new gamer,I am very glad that you are interested in bwou and try to build a team. First of all, I want to tell you that bwou has a fast pace of battle, so you need to consider how to ensure your own rhythm of attack rather than whether you can block the opponent's Pokemon first. Due to the particularity of bw environment, spikes and stealthy rock can only be removed by rapid spin, so many teams rely on the first two for their offense, which makes it extremely difficult for the defense to defend against Pokemon when their field is strewn with entry hazards. So I made the following improvements to your team.
Nido Sand offense (pokepast.es)
I chose one of your two wallbreakers and helped you replace the sweeper with a keledo, because the keledo of choice scarf is very useful and can be used immediately without strengthening. Compared with the keledo of choice specs, The impact of choice scarf configuration will be relatively weak, but it doesn't matter, your team has a very strong wall breaker, because its speed is relatively low, so I help you choose jirachi for speed control. You also have the ability to recover Pokemon other than jellicent, which also helps with your party's rotation and helps with the final keledo sweep.For stats, both lando and nidoking can help keledo and jellicent with their immune-electric attacks, while jellicent and jirachi can help their teammates withstand their unbearable ice and grappling attacks. tyran uses it to catch psychic haters like latios.Hope u enjoy this team and if u wanna more,just post here and i will give u help :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)