Other Metagames ORAS Semi-Stall Balanced Hackmons

Hello! I'm RedSabre, and this is my Semi-Stall BH team! Sorry for the bland text, but for some reason Rich Text Editor does not work on my computer. Anyways, this team revolves mostly around bulk and breaking the enemy team down over time, along with messing with the opponents strategy and keeping them on their toes the whole match.

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Topsy-Turvy
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Registeel is the main pivot of my team, and my only status absorber in the beginning of the game, before I get my Poison Heal Pokémon up, and is also my primary way to end sweepers. This is just the normal Smogon set, as I saw no reason to improve upon it. Safety Goggles absorbs Spore, and Prankster allows me to move first each turn except against -ate users, but all Extreme Speed variants are resisted by Registeel. Topsy-Turvy allows me to end sweepers with ease, by reversing their stats, except through substitutes, which is what I use Destiny Bond for. If a sweeper sets up a substitute or otherwise is a variant such as Contrary V-Create, Destiny Bond ends their sweep, at the cost of my Pokémon. Parting Shot allows me to bring in teammates somewhat safely and can force switches, giving me time for whatever switches in to do its job. The main weakness of Registeel is V-Create, which will 2HKO it almost every time, assuming the enemy is not holding a Choice Band.

Arceus-Rock @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Fire Spin
- Fly
- Switcheroo

Arceus-Rock, or should I say Arceus, due to how Multitype works, is one of the larger parts of my team. I feigned Arceus Rock as it resists Rayquaza-Mega's STAB Aerilate attacks, and will also resist V-Create, discouraging the use of it among those who do not know it is actually Arceus-Normal. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal are a strong combination for recovery, giving me twice as much health at the end of the turn than leftovers will. Cosmic Power allows me to become bulkier as time passes on, to improve my overall bulk and make my job easier by relying less on prediction, due to the lack of instant recovery. Fire Spin is to trap the enemy and deal residual damage while the enemy is stuck, which can be a large annoyance to enemies who switched in a check to what they thought would be an offensive Arceus, or that they could just muscle past me with their current Pokémon. I chose it over Magma Storm because instead of 8 PP and 75% accuracy, I would rather be able to use it multiple times, and accurately, as Fire Spin has 85% accuracy and 24 PP. My Aegislash below has Whirlpool, which complements Fire Spin nicely as together they can break Desolate Land and Flash Fire, along with any other gimmicky abilities the enemy might run. Fly is to stall out the opponent, giving me a free turn of invincibility and healing while the opponent still takes damage. Again, I chose Fly over Sky Drop because of the increased PP. Switcheroo is somewhat of a staple on my team, giving it the unique ability to shift around items consistently through the match. The main use of Switcheroo, though, is to poison my enemies and further their demise by giving them residual damage from both Toxic and Fire Spin, bringing even the hardiest of threats down in a few turns. Switcheroo also helps by removing Chansey's Eviolite. Normally I swap the Toxic Orb onto a Pokémon and switch it back to Arceus afterwards, so it can be reused. However, if the opponent was holding leftovers, I will sometimes keep it depending on their team, as they would otherwise last longer on the field, recovering a small amount of HP per turn, whereas if I took the leftovers, I would heal almost 20% a turn, granting me a large amount of healing.

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Amnesia
- Avalanche
- Gyro Ball
- Recover

Avalugg is something of a niche Pokémon on my team. Although at first glance it seems like a horrible choice, it actually handles every relevant -Ate user in the game, clearing a huge obstacle for my team. Although it doesn't do much outside of its set job, it is very good at doing what it does. A Colossal 185 Defense stat, and a nice 95 Defense stat, mean that with the given EVs and Nature, Avalugg is only 4HKOd by an Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Extreme Speed. Additionally, Diamond Storm from Mega Diance has only a 44% chance of 2HKOing. Soundproof is to take the Boomburst, completely walling their go-to attack against Avalugg. Draco Meteor does OHKO, but almost every person would use Boomburst instead since it not only does more damage, but Draco Meteor will drop their Special Attack, which most people would want to avoid unless necessary. Amnesia is used in case Avalugg finds an opportunity to stay in, such as that they have no Steel Types (Or their Steel Type has fainted), as Steel completely walls Avalugg. Normally, though, I swap Avalugg out after it completes its task, as it could also take out a Latios that has used Draco Meteor and thinks they can break through my poor 95/46 bulk. While doing so may leave Avalugg crippled and unable to function afterwards, having secured that KO is a large boon. Avalanche hits Rayquaza Mega, the rare Mega Salamence, and (Surprisingly) Kyurem-B all for a OHKO, except for Kyurem-B, which has a chance to live with 1%. Gyro Ball hits Mega Diance and any other Fairy Types the enemy may carry. Recover is so that throughout the match, if necessary, Avalugg can stay healthy and continue to work.

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Spore
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off

Regigigas is my main wallbreaker, carrying the standard Smogon set. As stated above with Arceus, Poison Heal and Toxic Orb make a very nice combination, healing 1/8 of my health per turn. Facade hits extremely hard as a 140 BP Stab Attack off a 160 base Attack stat. The given EVs allow me to speed creep other 100 speeds, hit as hard as possible, and avoid being KOd by Fake Out+Extreme Speed+Extreme Speed Rayquaza Mega. This bides me time to Spore after the Fake Out, or use Knock Off to remove Rayquaza's item if I believe it to have Safety Goggles, and then use Spore. Shift gear allows me to set up, and doesn't provide too large of a hindrance if Registeel or Aegislash uses Topsy-Turvy, as I still retain my enormous bulk and, even at -1, hit very hard with Facade. Knock Off hits Ghost Types and removes Safety Goggles, as well as removing Chansey's Eviolite. This set is also Imposter-Proof, as Chansey's Facade will deal half as much damage, lacking a status to boost it, and I can Spore Chansey, where the opposite cannot do the same. On the off-chance that Chansey manages to wake up the first turn possible as many times as possible, and then KO's me, Aegislash can stall out Chansey's 5 PP Knock Off, though it cannot fend off a Spore without using Switcheroo to obtain Safety Goggles.

Aegislash @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Switcheroo
- Recover
- Cosmic Power
- Whirlpool

Aegislash is something of an oddity when looking at its set. Toxic Orb on a Steel Type, Unaware as the ability, and a move set resembling my Arceus. However, Unaware takes people by surprise, especially those who believe they can set up in my face. Functioning in multiple roles, Aegislash is like a backup of my team, but the team came out as one Pokémon. Switcheroo, just like with Arceus, is to mess with my opponent and poison enemy Pokémon, speeding up the death of the enemies Pokémon. Cosmic Power works again, much like above, but when combined with Unaware it becomes a potent move. Recover restores HP, and Whirlpool deals residual damage. Aegislash is vulnerable to Spore, though, which limits its switch-in opportunities. The given EVs give for a large amount of mixed bulk, while still erring heavily on the physical side. Aegislash, like Registeel, hates V-create, but it is nowhere near as passive as Registeel.

Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psystrike
- Volt Switch
- Magma Storm

Latios-Mega is my immediate power wallbreaker. I used the Smogon set for Latios-Mega, as I could not think of a way to improve upon it. Latios-Mega is capable of 2HKOing Registeel, even if it switches into a Draco Meteor, as Magma Storm will still net the remaining HP. Volt Switch provides momentum, while Psystrike hits Special walls hard. Soul Dew additionally skyrockets my Special Attack and Defense, functioning as if it were carrying Choice Specs+Assault Vest, but with none of the drawbacks. Tinted Lens allows me to hit as hard as possible, going through resists like a knife through butter. While the Dragon Typing is a boon offensively, it is the opposite defensively, as Mega-Rayquaza out speeds and KOs with Draco Meteor, while Diance Mega and Kyurem-B KO with Fake Out+Extreme Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)