Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this battle I had, I used rapid spin with a life orb Starmie against a Ferrothorn to get rid of rocks. Starmie died from Iron Barbs damage and the rocks stayed up. I was wondering why this happened, is this a glitch on showdown or is it just some strange mechanic, because I've never seen this before. Here is the replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-187886960

Fast forward to turn 20 if you don't want to watch the whole thing (although it was a decent battle)

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In this battle I had, I used rapid spin with a life orb Starmie against a Ferrothorn to get rid of rocks. Starmie died from Iron Barbs damage and the rocks stayed up. I was wondering why this happened, is this a glitch on showdown or is it just some strange mechanic, because I've never seen this before. Here is the replay:

Fast forward to turn 20 if you don't want to watch the whole thing (although it was a decent battle)
It's a game mechanic. If you die the turn you rapid spin (ie. rocky helmet, iron barbs, rough skin, etc), the rocks won't get removed.

e: Haha Ender and Darnell :<)

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

That's the way the mechanics work in-game, which directly transfers to PS!. So, there is nothing wierd with that.

Hi! I've been trying to make a team with the standard slack off, CM, psyshock, scald mega slowbro, but I have had some trouble thinking of pokemon that synergize well with it, particularly because I wanna try to make mega slowbro be part of my core. Can anybody help me out with this?

Hi! I've been trying to make a team with the standard slack off, CM, psyshock, scald mega slowbro, but I have had some trouble thinking of pokemon that synergize well with it, particularly because I wanna try to make mega slowbro be part of my core. Can anybody help me out with this?
Off the top of my head, a FWG core may be a good start. Heatran, Chesnaught, Ferrothorn, and defensive Talonflame are good options to look into.

Last edited:
Guys, what are your thoughts on double dance (SD + twind) Charizard X.

So far I'm pairing it with Latias and scarf tar.
Someone is hyping it in another thread, it's Meh imo. With two turns you get to +2/+2 which is the same thing you get with DD twice but you also get another move slot open.
I guess Tailwind has its merits, but not very good ones for singles OU.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Someone is hyping it in another thread, it's Meh imo. With two turns you get to +2/+2 which is the same thing you get with DD twice but you also get another move slot open.
I guess Tailwind has its merits, but not very good ones for singles OU.
Not good for singles OU? SD Tailwind Zard X is a great set for singles OU. It can be a massive threat to both offensive and defensive teams by choosing to boost its speed or attack to massive levels. Agreeing with what was said above.

some help trying to make a good sun-based team would be great, in addition to finding some good pokemon to use alongside a sand rush excadrill and a tyranitar

some help trying to make a good sun-based team would be great, in addition to finding some good pokemon to use alongside a sand rush excadrill and a tyranitar
Making a good sun-based team is easier said than done. With the only sun setters being Mega Charizard Y and Ninetales, it can be rough keeping sun up because of their Stealth Rock weakness. In addition, most sun abusers are either weak to Stealth Rock or weak to Talonflame. As a result, good sun teams are almost impossible to make, and as a result most players wanting to abuse weather stick to Rain teams or Sand teams. Speaking of Sand, usually for the Excadrill / Tyranitar core you want mons that can take Water, Ground and/or Fighting attacks that would threaten Excadrill and Tyranitar. From an offensive standpoint, anything that helps remove mons that wall Excadrill will help. Some prominent threats that need to be dealt with that I can think of off the top of my head include Mega Slowbro, Rotom-W, Chesnaught, Gliscor, and Landorus-T, though I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting about.

In this arguably hyper-offensive meta, how well does Chansey fare in practice?
With Terrakion, Mega Lopunny, Keldeo, Mega Heracross, Mega Metagross, and setup sweepers like Charizard-X, is Chansey's slow stall still enough? The day has come when Chansey can get one-shotted fairly easily, so I'd imagine you'd want to take out some of the more offensive threats first, but I'd like an expert opinion.

In this arguably hyper-offensive meta, how well does Chansey fare in practice?
With Terrakion, Mega Lopunny, Keldeo, Mega Heracross, Mega Metagross, and setup sweepers like Charizard-X, is Chansey's slow stall still enough? The day has come when Chansey can get one-shotted fairly easily, so I'd imagine you'd want to take out some of the more offensive threats first, but I'd like an expert opinion.
I think it will just require more carreful teambuilding if you are gonna use a Chansey, of course stall is jsut terrrible right now but i dont think She doesnt have the moves to spread status or have partnersto help counter her weaknesses. In practices she is pretty bad vs strong physical attackers and imo is meant to be used with coutners of such pokemons as partners.

Last edited:
I think it will just require more carreful teambuilding if you are gonna use a Chansey, of course stall is jsut terrrible right now but i dont think She doesnt have the moves to spread status or have partnersto help counter her weaknesses. In practices she is pretty bad vs strong physical attackers and imo is meant to be used with coutners of such pokemons as partners.
It seems like Chansey/Blissey are drifting towards their Ubers sets, where it's common to see one with 252 hp/4 def/ 252 sp def and a calm nature, since physical threats are pretty deadly for them, I guess.

This is probably the wrong place for this and if so sorry.

I was wondering if anyone knew how much or at least in the ball park of how much tickets cost for the world championships. Not to play just to go and hang out and have fun. Thank you for your time.

I'm unable to view the Smogon usage statistics, presumably because my network blocks Port 8080. Are there any port forwarding shenanigans (or anything else) I can pull to view the stats?

Chansey's effectiveness I can't speak on, but she and Stall got a potent new member in Mega Sableye, who on paper synergizes quite well. Sableye is usually built physically defensive and likes to spread burns, which help cushion physical blows for Chansey, while being immune to her fighting weakness and Psyshocks some Special attackers like the Latis use to hit her. Chansey, meanwhile, sponges Special attacks, can use Paralysis or Toxic to weaken mons Sableye is stalling out, or lay rocks that Sable can spinblock, not to mention typical cleric support (which is helpful if Sableye gets status before going Mega). Not sure if Chansey got weaker, but I think Stall is arguably at its strongest since the Aegislash Meta

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I know this is a weird question, but does Mega Metagross miss out on any KOs with Grass Knot if its Special Attack IV is 1?

I have a breeding question. I have hatched 2 bagons and not one of them have inherited their parents ivs. They have the right power items to. I though it was guaranteed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)