ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're trying increase hype for each Mega, why would they release all of the "popular" ones now, and the "meh" ones with the game? Could you honestly say that if Mega Flygon had been released in this past week, and Mega Beedrill was released with the game (assuming that there is, in fact, a Mega Flygon, and that it will be released with the game), that Beedrill will receive anywhere near the level of attention that it is now, or Flygon would receive then?

Mega Flygon, Milotic, Butterfree, Maractus, whatever, if it's going to happen in this generation, then it already exists. It's not like they're going to draw a couple of names out of a hat, and have the development crew quickly develop a mega in time for the next publication of CoroCoro. There's just no point in freaking out because "no name" Pokemon like Beedrill, Pidgeot, and Audino have been released, and Mega Flygon has not been.

I still have full faith in Mega Flygon. Besides if your a Flygon fan it's because you love them cool Bug Pokemons. So spend a little time fawning over Mega Beedrill 'cause that thing is just... just really really cool!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I still have full faith in Mega Flygon. Besides if your a Flygon fan it's because you love them cool Bug Pokemons. So spend a little time fawning over Mega Beedrill 'cause that thing is just... just really really cool!
But Flygon was only Bug-type when it was a Trapinch, unless you're hoping it regains its Bug-type upon Mega Evolving (Bug/Dragon, that's an interesting combo, but then again Flygon has strong roots of being a Ground-type so if anything it'll become a Bug/Ground again).

But Flygon was only Bug-type when it was a Trapinch, unless you're hoping it regains its Bug-type upon Mega Evolving (Bug/Dragon, that's an interesting combo, but then again Flygon has strong roots of being a Ground-type so if anything it'll become a Bug/Ground again).
Trapinch is pure Ground. The entire evolutionary line is in the Bug egg group, though.

If Mega Flygon were a thing, I think it should get Tinted Lens as it fits almost perfectly.

One can also be a Flygon fan (Or one of the entire line) because it's cute, not because they are based on bugs :P

If game freak makes a mega flygon, I think theyre switching its typing, or else it would be just like garchomp, but imune to ground.. Am I right ?

If game freak makes a mega flygon, I think theyre switching its typing, or else it would be just like garchomp, but imune to ground.. Am I right ?
Or they could go completely insane, nerf it's attack and make it a ridiculous special attacker.
I dunno. It's a Mega, they've got lots of options on where to take it.

Or they could go completely insane, nerf it's attack and make it a ridiculous special attacker.
I dunno. It's a Mega, they've got lots of options on where to take it.
Or give a small boost to Attack and Speed and major boosts to defenses and make it a bulky Defogger

Masquerain has always been a useless pokemon, even when fully evolved. Its WEAK AS HELL (Just like any other butterflies in the games, but still),and its BEAUTIFUL! *-*
Seconded on the "weak as hell" thing. I made the mistake of running a Masquerain in part of Sapphire for OI Plays. Key word there: mistake.

Also, I'm really excited for ORAS! I kind of burnt out on XY, so I think that ORAS would be a nice change.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
by that standard let's give every useless Pokémon a Mega, we'll have 100 mega stones by the end of the week
As long as its fully evolved it can get a Mega Evolution. Besides how many previous Pokemon who got Mega Evolutions would people have considered weak and not worth using yet suddenly became useful with a Mega Evolution? Being it can learn Quiver Dance maybe they could focus on that. Make it a Bug/Water, give it the Simple Ability, increase its Special Attack and defenses (and some to its Speed) and you could create a very powerful Quiver Dancer.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Okay, so new topic: What Pokemon do you think we'll encounter in the sky (and let's have fun and just assume that post game unlocks more Pokemon to encounter)? Though for right now I'll stick with the original Hoenn Dex:

Obviously we'll have Taillow, Wingull, and Swablu. Maybe also Zubat (though maybe they'll be restricted to appearing as night). Be neat if they'll also have Beautifly and Dustox (they could also make Beautifly appear only during the day and Dustox at night), just in case you don't want to bother training a Wurmple. Maybe also a Ninjask? Other choices I can also see being Skarmory and Castform.

But not we come to a few questionable choices. First we have the question of evolutions, like Swellow, Pelipper, Altaria, Golbat, and Crobat? Would be nice to see them though if you're too low of level you can be in some trouble (unless you have a 100% run away since you're flying on Latios/Latias). For more Pokemon species, I can both see and not see Koffing (and Weezing), Vibrava (and Flygon), and Magnemite (and Magneton & Magnezone). Also, while I can't see a Natu, I can see a Xatu being encounterable. Finally, how about a Tropius and Salamence?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so new topic: What Pokemon do you think we'll encounter in the sky (and let's have fun and just assume that post game unlocks more Pokemon to encounter)? Though for right now I'll stick with the original Hoenn Dex:

Obviously we'll have Taillow, Wingull, and Swablu. Maybe also Zubat (though maybe they'll be restricted to appearing as night). Be neat if they'll also have Beautifly and Dustox (they could also make Beautifly appear only during the day and Dustox at night), just in case you don't want to bother training a Wurmple. Maybe also a Ninjask? Other choices I can also see being Skarmory and Castform.

But not we come to a few questionable choices. First we have the question of evolutions, like Swellow, Pelipper, Altaria, Golbat, and Crobat? Would be nice to see them though if you're too low of level you can be in some trouble (unless you have a 100% run away since you're flying on Latios/Latias). For more Pokemon species, I can both see and not see Koffing (and Weezing), Vibrava (and Flygon), and Magnemite (and Magneton & Magnezone). Also, while I can't see a Natu, I can see a Xatu being encounterable. Finally, how about a Tropius and Salamence?
We know what types they are, you don't need to color-code it for us.

Gotta admit, the colour coding thing is rather annoying. It's very distracting when there's no other colour and it's against a white background, and even more distracting when there's two completely different colours in the same word.

Considering you're supposed to visit it aftergame for legends, stuff like Crobat, Swellow and Braviary appearing ain't out of the question.

I can't see anything Magnemite in the sky, since it doesn't have Levitate. If it could be used in a Sky Battle in X/Y, odds are good you may encounter it while zooming around on Lati@s. Except Rotom. And Charizard.

I know I've brought this up before but it didn't get much attention: isn't ORAS an awful (or at least questionable) timing for releasing megas like Beedrill and Pidgeot? First, they are much more related to the Kanto games than other Kanto pokémon such as Slowbro. Not many people have ever used Slowpokes on their FRLG runs, but I doubt you'll find someone who haven't caught a Weedle or at least a Pidgey. Also, the Slowpoke family got a second evolution in Gen II and Regenerator in Gen V, which made them more mainstream and not the kind of thing you'd only see when playing FRLG or even HGSS in Pidgey's case.

But aside from the totally random timing, what upsets me the most is the fact that XY was the perfect opportunity for introducing them. The mega Kanto starters, Santalune Forest which is basically a copy of Viridian Forest where you can even find wild Pidgey and Weedle. There was a whole bit of nostalgia going on in XY and mega Pidgeot and mega Beedrill would've fit in perfectly. You would be able to mega evolve not only the starter Prof. Sycamore gave you, but also the Pidgey/Weedle caught at route 2/Santalune Forest, possibly the first pokémon you ever caught in Gen VI. With the new graphics. But no, they preferred to introduce them in ORAS instead, where they won't be catchable until post-game if at all.

I'm happy for the new megas and hope they breathe new life into those two forgotten pokémon, but I can't say I'm happy with the way they're being introduced. We're aboard the Hoenn hype train and then we find out Viridian forest is going mega. In Hoenn.

I guess we can stop counting down until every single Kanto pokemon gets an evolution and start counting down until they all have Mega-Evolutions.

Also, is that Mega-Latios being manually flown into that big ominous cloud of evil? Yay, manual flight. and what is zekrom doing to poor reshiram

I like how in her artwork, Mega-Latias is all droppin the mic/birch plz i know kung fu

I know I've brought this up before but it didn't get much attention: isn't ORAS an awful (or at least questionable) timing for releasing megas like Beedrill and Pidgeot?......
Maybe you'll be able to go to kanto in this game
On an unrelated note how many megas do we have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)