Vivillon to rise to C+: yes
Slurpuff to rise to C: abstain
Pangoro to rise to C: yes
Pinsir to drop to C+: yes

EDIT: totally forgot that altaria was in e rank lol so i changed the vote

Last edited:

Idyll

i'm possessed the way I play my part
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Audino to drop to C: yes
Dragalge to rise to C+: yes
Heliosk to rise to C+: no
Gothitelle to drop to C+: no
Altaria to rise to C+: no
Slurpuff to rise to C: no
Pangoro to rise to C: no
Pinsir to drop to C+ yes

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Altaria to rise to C+: yes
Slurpuff to rise to C: yes
Pinsir to drop to C+ yes

Audino to drop to C: YESSSSSS
Heliolisk to rise to C+: no
Altaria to rise to C+: yes ofc, seriously this thing doesnt belong to E rank
Pangoro to rise to C: abstain
Pinsir to drop to C+ yes

EDIT: Me Itself did suggest Heliolisk for C+ rank, but thats pretty long time ago, and i no longer think about that. It doesnt belong to E rank tho, possibly D rank material

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Audino to drop to C: yes, its absolutely outclassed as a trick room setter and it's a waste of a mega slot
Dragalge to rise to C+: yes, adaptability draco can pack a real punch and stab sludge bomb can ko fairies that try to switch in on draco
Heliosk to rise to C+: no, it's pretty weak, hyper voice doesnt do much for it, there are better pokemon to use under rain
Gothitelle to drop to C+: no, shadow tag is a great ability and it functions as good team support
Altaria to rise to C+: yes, it doesnt deserve to be E rank. while outclassed by sylveon, it has some good coverage options and really good mega typing
Vivillon to rise to C+: yes, it's the fastest "spore" user and it also gets tailwind
Pinsir to drop to C+: no, its good for getting rid of grass types and can be used as a pseudo mega mence.

Audino to drop to C: Yes
Dragalge to rise to C+: Yes
Heliosk to rise to C+: No
Gothitelle to drop to C+: No
Altaria to rise to C+: No
Vivillon to rise to C+: Yes
Slurpuff to rise to C: No
Pangoro to rise to C: Yes
Pinsir to drop to C+: Yes

Altaria to rise to C+: yes

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Audino to drop to C: yes Barely has a niche and struggles to stand out even doing it
Dragalge to rise to C+: yes Surprisingly powerful, unique offensive typing. Strong Poison offense will always be at least to some degree viable
Heliosk to rise to C+: no Has no specific niche and is severely outclassed
Gothitelle to drop to C+: no Trapping still has some very significant (yet specific) uses
Altaria to rise to C+: yes Struggles as a Mega Fairy that's not Diancie, but it does have a niche as a bulky decently hitting tank. Also, has great list of resistances
Vivillon to rise to C+: yes I hesitantly say it but yes sleep powder and tailwind and whatever is actually C+ worthy
Pangoro to rise to C: no Horrible typing, poor stats, outclassed as a TR sweeper
Pinsir to drop to C+: yes Used to be good but Mega Diancie really hurts it; I'd drop it even to C just because Diamond Storm is so threatening. Metagross being more popular also hurts it

Audino to drop to C: yes even to D- imo
Altaria to rise to C+: no outclassed by other C+ and higher megas imo
Pangoro to rise to C: no slow af while not being compensated by enough bulk

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Audino to drop to C: Yes
Dragalge to rise to C+: Yes
Heliosk to rise to C+: No
Gothitelle to drop to C+: No
Altaria to rise to C+: No
Vivillon to rise to C+: Yes
Slurpuff to rise to C: Yes
Pangoro to rise to C: No
Pinsir to drop to C+: Yes

Altaria to rise to C+: no
Vivillon to rise to C+: no
Slurpuff to rise to C: no
Pinsir to drop to C+ no

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Audino to drop to C: Yes. Having the niche of a different typing and different support options is not enough to compensate for its lack of stats. It's niche of a different typing is also shared by Porygon-2.
Dragalge to rise to C+: yes. Good TR sweeper is good.
Heliosk to rise to C+: Lol no
Gothitelle to drop to C+: No. I'd say B-. This is a Pokemon that is difficult to use well, and only fits on a select few teams, but it's role of Shadow Tag plus useful support options can be handy when successful. Of note, it's a pro Pokemon only - noobs shouldn't be using it, which is sadly what I see most of the time.
Altaria to rise to C+: No. C rank at best, if not D rank, more likely C rank, but definitely not C+
Vivillon to rise to C+: yes. Vivillon is underrated.
Slurpuff to rise to C: Abstain. I have never seen it being used effectively, though I place the blame on the quality of the players I've faced rather than the Pokemon itself. As such I feel I cannot reliably place it.
Pangoro to rise to C: No. It's just not good enough for me to consider using
Pinsir to drop to C+: yes. The ORAS shift hurt it, bringing new Megas that outspeed and OHKO it, rendering its 105 Base Speed less impressive. Furthermore Lando-T usage continues to rise

Last edited:
Altaria to C+: Yes. When it mega evolves, its typing becomes amazing, with so many resistances and even an immunity to dragon.

If you havent tried its dd roost set yet, i urge you to do so. It sets up with ease on many pokes in the meta due to its typing and good bulk. It also bits hard with return being boosted by pixilate. I would not say this is outclassed by sylveon at all, because you shouldnt be using it as a special attacker, but thats for another time.

Altaria to C+: Yes. When it mega evolves, its typing becomes amazing, with so many resistances and even an immunity to dragon.

If you havent tried its dd roost set yet, i urge you to do so. It sets up with ease on many pokes in the meta due to its typing and good bulk. It also bits hard with return being boosted by pixilate. I would not say this is outclassed by sylveon at all, because you shouldnt be using it as a special attacker, but thats for another time.
Its as good as special attacker actually. It has niches over Sylveon as special attacker, such as much better defense stats, better coverage with moves like Fire Blast and Ice Beam, also having access to Tailwind and for longetivity, Roost. Now that Mega Mence is gone, DD set is pretty good and probably best set, but Special attacker works too.

Either, way, though, if altaria doesnt manage to get C+ rank at C rank nominations, could someone still rise it to D or C rank? It really doesnt deserve to be in E rank, and i really mean that it should be in rankings.

Audino to drop to C: Yes, it's not even that good of a trick room setter now, no reason not to use cress
Dragalge to rise to C+:Abstain
Heliosk to rise to C+:No, D rank fits better, it's a bad thundurus with a tiny niche
Gothitelle to drop to C+:Abstain
Altaria to rise to C+:Yes
Vivillon to rise to C+:Yes, i would almost always prefer amoongus, but it seems kind of cool
Slurpuff to rise to C:Abstain
Pangoro to rise to C:No, it's a worse conk
Pinsir to drop to C+:Yes

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Audino drops to C
  • Dragalge rises to C+
  • Heliosk stays in D
  • Gothitelle stays in B
  • Altaria rises to C+
  • Vivillon rises to C+
  • Slurpuff stays in E
  • Pangoro stays in E
  • Pinsir drops to C+
making our way around, nominations for pokemon to move to the S, A+, A, and A- ranks will now begin.

I think cress should move up to A+. It's the best support mon in the game, can do anything your team could want and can do it extremely efficiently. It's extremely splash able on most play styles and can improve any team. Aside from being the bulkiest thing ever, it can control speed quite well with thunder wave and icy wind, and can pivot in constantly.

I also think diancie should move up, it's just too threatening. Diamond storm is one of the best moves in the game, it can hit off both sides of the spectrum, it's fast, and it can beat whatever counter it wants. Also checking kangaskhan is always a good thing.

I also think Keldeo deserves A- because of its power and ability to support with quick guard, ridiculous power in rain, and decent, although not incredible speed.

Nominating Mega Diancie for A+

Ok this little OP piece of shit has arguably the best spread move in the game, alongside perfect coverage and great offensive typing AND stats (150/150/110). Pre mega it has good bulk and can switch in on a few things like Lando-T EQ (idk why you would switch in lando-t but diancie lives this while mega doesnt)

On the bad side its typing is shit defensively and its weaknesses too diverse. This is pratically the only thing that sucks about diancie but it's a very big con since its weaknesses are common offensive typing and some mons are starting to run Steel coverage just for Diancie, like Talonflame.

I think cress should move up to A+. It's the best support mon in the game, can do anything your team could want and can do it extremely efficiently. It's extremely splash able on most play styles and can improve any team. Aside from being the bulkiest thing ever, it can control speed quite well with thunder wave and icy wind, and can pivot in constantly.
I was going to say this lol, but yeah, agreed with you

I was just going to say this lol, yeah, cress still is hard to take down in turn 1 unless you use 2 SE moves against it.

Either way, Mega Audino probably should be dropped even farther. We didnt get D rank nominations, but probably will never will get, so thats why i suggest dropping Mega Audino to D rank. Its niches over Cresselia is just small, but its less bulky, eats up mega slot and cant hold items due to mega stone. D-rank despriction fits perfectly for M-Audino:
"Many niche Pokemon can be squeezed into Doubles teams due to a certain move or ability (niche Wide Guard or Intimidate users, for example). Many Pokemon fit here, but none of them have a place in the metagame solid enough to have a special spot on the rankings."
The fact that only things what it has over Cress is Fairy typing (along with next to useless normal typing, since ghost immunity is useless on this thing: both 2 most common ghosts, gengar and aegislash, can just hit it for SE damage with their other STAB) and Heal Pulse and then some gimmicky moves like Simple Beam. Even if it wouldnt take up mega slot and be able to hold items, i would still say that Cresselia is better. D rank imo

Idyll

i'm possessed the way I play my part
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

PONY FOR A-

TBH, the only thing that really got Keldeo to get stuck in B+ is MegaMence since it was basically set-up bait; with that gone, Keldeo is much more free again in this metagame. It has really cool STABs and is a decent pick for the metagame. It poses as a threat with its LO set, which is really strong and hits things hard. Dedicating a teamslot for it is worth it too, as it beats BOTH S-Ranks Lando-T and MegaKang, and Heatran and Bisharp among others. Notably, being the best offensive stand-alone Water-type in the whole metagame is a significant niche in itself, the Fighting coverage complementing it really well letting it hit stuff like Ferro and Kyu-B. It can also be a support the team with Icy Wind, which also functions as decent Ice coverage which is cool too I guess, and with Quick Guard, which blocks cool things like Talon BB and Thundurus Prankster Thunder Wave :]

Its flaws are mainly that it can't switch in on some attacks as its bulk is only average. Another thing is that its STABs, although decent, still leaves it walled by notable threats such as Lati@s and Amoonguss. One last note is that, though it's fast at 108, it's still outsped and beat by a number high-profile threats MegaGross, Mega Diancie, Lati@s, Skymin, LudiYOLO in rain, w/e.

Basically, PONY is a cool pick for Special Attacker, though not exactly up to par to the likes of Latios and Shaymin-S. Still, it still has its own niches which makes it good enough for a mention in A-

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Diancie from A to A+ rank: yeah just restating that this needs to happen

Mawile from A+ to A rank: Mawile has definitely lost it's viability momentum now that most of the metagame consists of offense. Amoonguss' rising popularity means it can't really work as incredibly on trick room teams (where it thrives) anymore. Also it doesn't really counter fairies as well as it should, since sylveon's specs hyper voice breaks it should it try to switch into it directly. Still a great mon though.

Azumarill from A- to A rank: Azumarill has a very real potential to sweep 3-4 mons after a simple belly drum. Proper offensive pressure or timed redirection makes a belly drum surprisingly easy to set up. Azumarill is truly deadly in the hands of a good player

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar down to A- rank

Tyranitar isn't what it used to be.

For a Scarf and sweeper (DD) role, it faces competition from Mega Diancie and Terrakion, who compensate for less bulk with more Speed that does not require the aid of Scarf or DD. In Diancie's case, it hits much harder too with a much better spread attack than Rock Slide. DD sets also require team support

Tyranitar's bulk is hindered by the vast amount of ways to hit it super-effectively (19 of the 25 pokemon in S and A rank commonly have a move that hit it super-effectively). This, combined with its Speed, makes it a bit awkward in the metagame where so many Pokemon threaten it. This is probably the most important point, despite Ttar's potential with its vast versatility. Even though it can do beat so many Pokemon with the right set and moves: it can beat Ground-types with Shuca Berry + Ice Beam, it can beat Steel-types with Low Kick and Fire Blast, it can spread pain with both its STABs, but it cannot do everything at once, and that's an issue when so many things can potentially threaten it (and some like anything with the Fighting-type will always win).

Dark-type is good for coverage against Psychic- and Ghost-types, but even then, it faces competition from other Dark-types like Bisharp and Aegislash who both hit harder with their STABs and have more useful perks like benefiting from Intimidate (Bisharp) and much better defensive typing (Aegislash). Also Tyranitar fails miserably against Metagross.

Sand Stream is useful for benefitting Excadrill. Unfortunately, the two share common weaknesses that can dismantle the duo, unlike say Politoed + Ludicolo. And when the two are paired together, Excadrill is easily the more threatening of the two.

• Heliosk stays in D
Since when has Heliosk been outside the E rank?

Diancie for A+

Aegislash for A+
Aegis is a strong check for all popular megas. Metagross has to run coverage move like earthquake, Kangaskhan can hit it only with sucker punch and Diancie's Earth power is 2HKO (more than 48 SPA required). With smaller Sun usage (thanks to Diancie), it is tougher to deal with. Even though it may seem like many things counter it with common Earthquakes or Heatwaves, almost nothing can OHKO it (not to mention Wide Guard sets).

edit
Lucario for A-
almost same as aegis - less sun and checks diancie and kang well

Last edited:
Diancie for A+

Aegislash for A+
Aegis is a strong check for all popular megas. Metagross has to run coverage move like earthquake, Kangaskhan can hit it only with sucker punch and Diancie's Earth power is 2HKO (more than 48 SPA required). With smaller Sun usage (thanks to Diancie), it is tougher to deal with. Even though it may seem like many things counter it with common Earthquakes or Heatwaves, almost nothing can OHKO it (not to mention Wide Guard sets).
Adding to this: King's Shield is guaranteed on any Aegislash set, so many people try to predict around it by targetting whatever is besides aegis to avoid hitting the shield. Because of this aegis can make some really good plays and single-handedly turn the tide of a game. The use of King's Shield is what separates a good Aegis user from a bad one. Not only that but it is also an immense buttfuck to a bunch of physical attackers, like Talonflame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)