Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The only Shadow Pokémon who cannot be re-snagged is Togetic. You can only fight it once, in the post-game, so be sure not to launch any really strong attacks at it, or save before the battle with your impostor.
Nope, if you haven't caught the Shadow Togetic but defeated Fein you just need to leave Outskirt Stand, come back in, and he'll be right there to challenge again (and he'll also have different dialogue).

HOWEVER there is a major softlocking glitch you should be aware of: if you catch his Togetic but lose the battle not only will he not appear again (thus you lose getting the Togetic) but also everyone in the game still hates Wes. Obviously you can fix this by just reloading the save file... unless you save during this state so now the only thing you can do now is restart the entire game. So, yeah, don't catch the Shadow Togetic and then lose.

Aside from trading it from another game, Wild Magnemite on Route 38 & 39 have a 2% chance of holding a Metal Coat. I'd suggest doing it at night as less Pokemon are encounterable (Magnemite has a 20% encounter no matter what time of day)
If magnemite's encounter rate is always 20%, doing it at different times of day doesn't matter. There could be 20 pokemon or 5 pokemon, 2 out of 10 battles (to overly simplify %s and averages) should be a magnemite so long as it's 20%

Insanely random question, but is TR a nickname for Team Rocket? I'm being told it is, but I have never seen that used at all anywhere.

I heard there was a way to guarantee which tiles Feebas appears on in Ruby/Sapphire based on your story progress. How accurate is that?

I heard there was a way to guarantee which tiles Feebas appears on in Ruby/Sapphire based on your story progress. How accurate is that?
Utterly inaccurate. The six tiles Feebas can be hooked in are determined randomly upon starting a new game. Changing the trendy phrase in Dewford will reshuffle the tiles among all the tiles you can fish in along Route 118, but it's by no means a guarantee which tiles those will be. Even using the same trendy phrase between games doesn't guarantee that the tiles will be the same.

If there's a way to do it, it's not without... outside help.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
What you probably heard there was a way to easily find a Feebas in ORAS.

First off, they got rid of the whole mechanic and normally every tile (you can fish on) now has a chance to get a Feebas but it's a 5% chance.

BUT, during the day, if you fish under the bridge near the Weather Institute it's a 100% encounter.

During the night, if you fish near the stone northwest of Pokemon Ranger Catherine it's a 100% encounter (though sometimes the detection is a bit off so if you don't get a Feebas you may need to readjust yourself).

Utterly inaccurate. The six tiles Feebas can be hooked in are determined randomly upon starting a new game. Changing the trendy phrase in Dewford will reshuffle the tiles among all the tiles you can fish in along Route 118, but it's by no means a guarantee which tiles those will be. Even using the same trendy phrase between games doesn't guarantee that the tiles will be the same.

If there's a way to do it, it's not without... outside help.
Well I actually found what I meant. It was this map, but it seems not to work so I just brute forced it
65ce7ed-1.png

Of course, this doesn't apply if that guide was meant for ORAS (I've seen people make remake guides with the originals' maps before, maybe because it's easier to get clean images)
It sounds like that to me, as it's exactly the same information mentioned in the previous post. That the image uses the original map seems to be just for reference.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm at Southern Island resetting for a decent Latias and I looked upon the RNG articles of Emerald and came across this time of 1:47:96 from Soft-resetting to activating the event to catch a good Timid spread. I was wondering if there was more to it than simply just restarting my game and trying to find the frame by manually starting the clock and game at the same time in order to catch it?

I know there are tools but my computer won't allow for some of these winzip files given my free trial expired so I was simply asking am I better off naturally looking for one freely, or should I stick to this time and method and hope to find one?

So I'm at Southern Island resetting for a decent Latias and I looked upon the RNG articles of Emerald and came across this time of 1:47:96 from Soft-resetting to activating the event to catch a good Timid spread. I was wondering if there was more to it than simply just restarting my game and trying to find the frame by manually starting the clock and game at the same time in order to catch it?

I know there are tools but my computer won't allow for some of these winzip files given my free trial expired so I was simply asking am I better off naturally looking for one freely, or should I stick to this time and method and hope to find one?
If you just close the box about your free trial expiring, WinZip can still be used as normal indefinitely, if I recall correctly.

In Gen 5 and 6 there were buildings and NPCs that had music from the previous games in them as neat nostalgic callbacks:

BW1 had the HGSS Rocket Encounter theme when you interacted with that Game Freak sound designer.
BW2 had the BW1 Route 10 music (as that route was inaccessible in the sequel games)
XY had the Unwavering Heart theme in a building in Coumarine (I think?)
ORAS has the Sorrowful Looker theme in the Battle Resort hut after finding him amnesiac on the beach

I never actually played SM, USUM or SwSh so are there any instances like the above in those games? Is this a thing that they just kind of stopped? I know in Let's Go they had the GSC/HGSS version of the Lavender Town theme during the Marowak cutscene but AFAIK there's nothing in the soundtrack that is from the Alola games.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
In Gen 5 and 6 there were buildings and NPCs that had music from the previous games in them as neat nostalgic callbacks:

BW1 had the HGSS Rocket Encounter theme when you interacted with that Game Freak sound designer.
BW2 had the BW1 Route 10 music (as that route was inaccessible in the sequel games)
XY had the Unwavering Heart theme in a building in Coumarine (I think?)
ORAS has the Sorrowful Looker theme in the Battle Resort hut after finding him amnesiac on the beach

I never actually played SM, USUM or SwSh so are there any instances like the above in those games?
SM:
  • Looker returns in the post game along with his normal and sorrowful themes.
  • In addition to that when you battle Anabel she has the Emerald Battle Frontier battle theme.
  • Dexio & Sina appear and they have the XY Trainer battle theme.
  • And we got the exclusive Battle Tree trainers returning with their battle theme: Red & Blue (Remixed Kanto & Johto Champion & Blue's Encounter theme), Cynthia (DPPt Champion), Wally (his ORAS theme), Colress (his BW2 theme), Grimsley (BW Elite Four)

USUM: (In addition to the above)

Don't recall if SwSh had any callback themes. But here's a bonus for Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee. Yes, I know, those games are a remake of Gen I (moreso Yellow) so of course they're going to have a batch of remixed themes, BUT there is a "new" theme which is actually a remix/rip of another theme for the GO Park:

While I was sifting through characters, I came across a Johto fisherman named Wilton. The dude can be rematched, and he'll get stronger the first few times he's fought. Standard stuff. However, something weird happens in his fourth HGSS battle. In this fight, he has three Seakings: one at level 42, one at level 46, and one at level 63. That's a 17-level jump from the next highest mon, and a 21-level jump from the lowest mon.

I find this sudden level spike within the span of a single battle to be very funny, and I was wondering if there exist any other trainers with extreme distributions, perhaps even more extreme than Wilton.
867.gif

Don't know if it's okay to ask here, but I need help with my in-game Ultra Sun team. I'm having trouble deciding my last party member.
My team is:
Decidueye
Persian-Alola
Toucannon
Gastrodon
Sandslash-Alola

I used a team builder for type coverage and now I'm stuck on who else to put for the team. Any suggestions? (Before anyone asks, the Alolan Persian is a main-stay because she was a fluke shiny I caught in the wild during Melemele early game, so I don't feel right in replacing her.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)