Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

No, I'm thinking about the movement of the wild Pokemon. Like I heard Haterene can teleport. Stuff like that.
ooooh... well there's some pretty funny moments with pokemon behaviours (like, steelix actually floats, most Psychic pokemon just yeet away from you as you approach, etc) but it's really just graphic stuff and not "moves" in particular.

It's very immersive-friendly, though.

ooooh... well there's some pretty funny moments with pokemon behaviours (like, steelix actually floats, most Psychic pokemon just yeet away from you as you approach, etc) but it's really just graphic stuff and not "moves" in particular.

It's very immersive-friendly, though.
Oh no, there are certain differences in behaviour especially in how they react to you. There's a lot of aggressive Pokémon like Tyranitar or Rhydon or Gyarados who will chase after you if you draw their attention, and others like Vileplume who just won't care. Copperajah is an interesting one to me, as it stares at you wherever you go, but doesn't go after you.

I've heard that not all Pokemon move and behave the same way in the Wild Area. Is there somewhere that lists each Pokemon's behavior?
I don't think there is a list, but there are definitely a range of movements and responses to the player. Off the top of my head, some Pokémon will chase you quite aggressively, some will completely ignore you. Some move faster and some move slower. Zigzagoon runs in a zig-zag, some psychic Pokémon teleport around. Then there's also differences in how they respond to the player whistle/bike bell.

I don't think there is a list, but there are definitely a range of movements and responses to the player. Off the top of my head, some Pokémon will chase you quite aggressively, some will completely ignore you. Some move faster and some move slower. Zigzagoon runs in a zig-zag, some psychic Pokémon teleport around. Then there's also differences in how they respond to the player whistle/bike bell.
And do not forget them laughing at the player's victory pose, that's hilarious.

When a specific Poké Ball is passed down through breeding, will its effects remain? For example, will a Pokémon bred in a Luxury Ball have double friendship gain; or will a Pokémon bred in a Friend Ball start with 200 friendship?

I'm a little confused on something regarding transferable Pokémon.

We know from datamining that the Pokémon Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Lunala, Solgaleo and Necrozma are going to be able to be transferred up to Sword and Shield. However, these Pokémon have specific forms that are only accessible through the key items DNA Splicers, N-Lunarizier and N-Solarizer. As far as I can tell, while the data for these items are coded into the game (as they are for every other game, including even LGPE), there is no way to get it and I can't find any information about a character giving these items to you if you show them Kyurem or Necrozma or whatever. How are we supposed to get those items? Or will Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Necrozma-DM and Necrozma-DW simply not be available for use?

While looking this up I found out how they got around the issue for Keldeo: they simply added Secret Sword to its level-up moveset. That's... interesting.

We know from datamining that the Pokémon Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Lunala, Solgaleo and Necrozma are going to be able to be transferred up to Sword and Shield. However, these Pokémon have specific forms that are only accessible through the key items DNA Splicers, N-Lunarizier and N-Solarizer. As far as I can tell, while the data for these items are coded into the game (as they are for every other game, including even LGPE), there is no way to get it and I can't find any information about a character giving these items to you if you show them Kyurem or Necrozma or whatever. How are we supposed to get those items? Or will Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Necrozma-DM and Necrozma-DW simply not be available for use?

While looking this up I found out how they got around the issue for Keldeo: they simply added Secret Sword to its level-up moveset. That's... interesting.
I heard the "daily deals" guy in Stow-on-Side has them? I could be mistaken.

You can obtain the combination items by taking one of the Pokemon they apply to to the merchant in Stow-on-Side, apparently.

Can you get Fossilized Fish/Fossilized Drake in the hidden item space within Dusty bowl in sword or is it simply more "reliable" to use the Digging Brother for that? Vice-verse for Shield with Fossilized Bird/Dino?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can you get Fossilized Fish/Fossilized Drake in the hidden item space within Dusty bowl in sword or is it simply more "reliable" to use the Digging Brother for that? Vice-verse for Shield with Fossilized Bird/Dino?
You can only get your version exclusive fossils in the Dusty Bowl (Bird/Dino for Sword, Fish/Drake for Shield). In order to get the other fossils in your game without trading is to use the Digging Brother that's more "focused" (both are rare so you'll be spending a significant amount of time and Watts). The brother with more "endurance" can only find the version exclusive fossil for your version (that said, if you're looking for more of those fossils, he'll get you plenty of them).

You can only get your version exclusive fossils in the Dusty Bowl (Bird/Dino for Sword, Fish/Drake for Shield). In order to get the other fossils in your game without trading is to use the Digging Brother that's more "focused" (both are rare so you'll be spending a significant amount of time and Watts). The brother with more "endurance" can only find the version exclusive fossil for your version (that said, if you're looking for more of those fossils, he'll get you plenty of them).
God dammit, and my hopes of getting the other two fossil without paying those fools watts are dashed. Thank you for answering my question.

God dammit, and my hopes of getting the other two fossil without paying those fools watts are dashed. Thank you for answering my question.
I can understand the annoyance but consider that once you're in post game, even without using the timetravel glitch, you're probably going to be vomiting watts anyway :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is there any reason why Unnerve does activate faster than other abilities?
Hmm... I have a scenario in mind:

1. Pokemon is sent out that's holding a Berry that activates after going under a certain amount of HP.
2. Stealth Rock/Spikes/etc. activates and lowers that Pokemon's HP below the threshold.

Does Unnerve activate before the Berry activates? If so, that would be the answer: it's not that it was made to activate before any other Ability but rather was made to activate as soon as the turn begins in case the above scenario.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you sure the Pokemon with Unnerve isn't faster than its opponent that also has an announced ability? (e.g. Intimidate, Mold Breaker)
Yes, it's well known in competitive (especially Doubles and VGC) because you can try to predict your opponent's speed with every ability except Unnerve.

Hmm... I have a scenario in mind:

1. Pokemon is sent out that's holding a Berry that activates after going under a certain amount of HP.
2. Stealth Rock/Spikes/etc. activates and lowers that Pokemon's HP below the threshold.

Does Unnerve activate before the Berry activates? If so, that would be the answer: it's not that it was made to activate before any other Ability but rather was made to activate as soon as the turn begins in case the above scenario.
I'll try this tonight, thanks. It would make a lot of sense.

So there's 35 pokemon in SWSH but aren't currently available, and one of those is Mew. How are these treated in the pokedex? I know they all have entries, but does it just tack them numberless to the end of the list? A separate function? Slowpoke doesn't get in on the fun and I don't have a Pokeball+ for Mew

So there's 35 pokemon in SWSH but aren't currently available, and one of those is Mew. How are these treated in the pokedex? I know they all have entries, but does it just tack them numberless to the end of the list? A separate function? Slowpoke doesn't get in on the fun and I don't have a Pokeball+ for Mew
Afaik they behave same as when importing a non-alolan pokemon in SM/USUM: no pokedex entry or pokedex number.

Same as Slowpoke pmuch.

Afaik they behave same as when importing a non-alolan pokemon in SM/USUM: no pokedex entry or pokedex number.

Same as Slowpoke pmuch.
That's pretty unusual, they all (except Slowpoke, seemingly?) have dex entries, even their gmax forms.

For example here's Mew's
Sword: It's very intelligent and can use an incredible variety of moves. Many believe that all other Pokémon are descendants of this one.
Shield: This mythical Pokémon is said to be extinct, but sightings of it are still being reported to this day.

These Mew's first brand new entries since Gen 3, even!

Guess they'll be used for the Armor & Crown dexes, at least

Is there a way to remove that annoying BUY OUR DLC option from the bottom right of the menu without actually buying the expansions? Or will it sit there, forever taunting players?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)