Tournament OMPL XII - Week One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

same world, different perception
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host

Art by IoSonoNeon
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals
Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 4 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers and co-managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 13.5k. The managers must inform the hosts (berry, UT, and Vertigo) of all self purchases before the beginning of the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  • SV Almost Any Ability
  • SV Balanced Hackmons
  • SV STABmons
  • SV Mix and Mega
  • SV Godly Gift
  • SV Partners in Crime
  • SV Inheritance
  • Best of Three (AAA / STAB / MnM)
It is recommended to play all games on SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Games can be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server, but run higher risk of interference from server restarts/crashes. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​
Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: Both teams submit four strike choices, ranked. The hosts process both lists at the same time until we end up with three metas (if both of them strike the same meta at some point) or more likely, four unstruck metas. If there are four, the hosts randomly pick three of the four for tiebreaker.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.​

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, it will be a deadgame. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​
Matchups

:darkrai: Rise Up Darkrais - [3][5] - Malevolent Misdreavuses :misdreavus:
AAA: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ
BH: TTTech vs augustakira
GG: Career Ended vs pdt
Inh: DripLegend vs cscl
MnM: TectonicDestroyer vs db
PiC: Chris32156 vs zoe
STAB: Kaif vs Slither Wing
Bo3: shiloh vs abriel

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [3][5] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
AAA: Stareal vs hariyana grande
BH: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
GG: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123
Inh: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode
MnM: DugZa vs PociekMociek
PiC: Chromate vs HiZo
STAB: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe
Bo3: RoFnA vs Ivar57

:virizion: W Virizzions - [3][5] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos :Solgaleo:
AAA: Sylvi vs Lana
BH: cityscapes vs aerobee
GG: Taka vs temp
Inh: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ
MnM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster
PiC: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp
STAB: avarice vs Fc
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb

:Dubwool:Dubwool Entendres - [3][5] - Walking Wokes :walking-wake:
AAA: Atha vs Betticus IV
BH: Potatochan vs Chessking345
GG: ghostlike vs Jrdn
Inh: anaconja vs pannu
MnM: hayedenn vs Redflix
PiC: Smudge vs Evie
STAB: Mada vs Fissure
Bo3: Quantum Tesseract vs Clas

Deadline:
11:00 PM (GMT -4) on Sunday, May 26th
AAA: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ
BH: TTTech vs augustakira
GG: Career Ended vs pdt
Inh: DripLegend vs cscl
MnM: TectonicDestroyer vs db
PiC: Chris32156 vs zoe
STAB: Kaif vs Slither Wing

AAA: Stareal vs hariyana grande
BH: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
GG: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123
Inh: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode
MnM: DugZa vs PociekMociek
PiC: Chromate vs HiZo
STAB: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe

BH: cityscapes vs aerobee
GG: Taka vs temp
Inh: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ
MnM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster

AAA: Atha vs Betticus IV
BH: Potatochan vs Chessking345
GG: ghostlike vs Jrdn
Inh: anaconja vs pannu
MnM: hayedenn vs Redflix
STAB: Mada vs Fissure

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren

karma's a relaxing thought
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
predicts from your local rotom-wash

:darkrai: Rise Up Darkrais - [3][5] - Malevolent Misdreavuses
SV Almost Any Ability: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ - glalie was p good in lt but mz always takes away games when you least expect it. however this time i am expecting it because i would least expect it. it's a paradox.
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs augustakira - akira's good, i heard tttech is the best bh player now though? which if you told me this like 2 years ago i'd struggle to believe it but a lot can happen!
SV Godly Gift: Career Ended vs pdt - circuit champ but this is close bc pdt is a god
SV Inheritance: DripLegend vs cscl - wooooo
SV Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs db - tect is infamous for giving his teammates heart attacks while playing, but i haven't seen him play in forever (because i've been gone) so i don't know if he still does that and that's sort of his biggest buff. this goes to db
SV Partners in Crime: Chris32156 vs zoe - women on top
SV STABmons: Kaif vs Slither Wing - kaif is a god tier stabber (fbi do not take this out of context)
Bo3: shiloh vs abriel - shiloh is the only smogonite to have figured out that i'm taylor swift's smogon account. because of that he's also smart enough to win this

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [5][3] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
SV Almost Any Ability: Stareal vs hariyana grande - i love stareal but ariana grande also released aoty this year so hariyana is buffed. however i stay loyal
SV Balanced Hackmons: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex - rex just told me he doesn't play anymore
SV Godly Gift: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123 - sammy is allegedly the best player in the pool
SV Inheritance: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode - why is sevag in inh and zio in bh and not vice versa idk
SV Mix and Mega: DugZa vs PociekMociek - dugza is canadian (formerly maple)
SV Partners in Crime: Chromate vs HiZo - this person went for 19k so they have to be good
SV STABmons: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe - i love clem and also idk the other person but having a file name as your username is a red flag
Bo3: RoFnA vs Ivar57 - ivar's lowkey one of the best om players 2 years ago (idk rn)

:virizion: W Virizzions - [3][5] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos :Solgaleo:
SV Almost Any Ability: Sylvi vs Lana - sylvi hates me predicting for him and i love lana so
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs aerobee - other person has the wrong hackmons format in their ct. also it's city. i'm rarely gonna bet against city in bh, ofc she's favored against most players, she's cityscapes.
SV Godly Gift: Taka vs temp - yt buff. he has 650k subs or something, i'm sure the one guy who plays gg is one of them and is probably passing temp teams
SV Inheritance: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ - both of these ppl played gg two ompls ago, dipped, and returned to play inh. could go either way but i trust lily's ability to pick up a format slightly more
SV Mix and Mega: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster - icemaster told me mnm is his favorite om a few days ago. if ice is happy ice is winny.
SV Partners in Crime: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp - yuki is apparently best pic
SV STABmons: avarice vs Fc - das my canadian bro
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb - i mean like, if lydia's been playing a ton lately she honestly has a chance here but if not then this is hands down the worst bo3 she could've loaded into week 1 LMAO. i'm gonna assume that if she's playing this slot over lily, she's been playing though. would still favor stresh but it's closer than you'd think

:Dubwool:Dubwool Entendres - [5][3] - Walking Wokes :walking-wake:
SV Almost Any Ability: Atha vs Betticus IV - no pressure atha but people hype you up all the time and idk the other person so i'm the most confident in you out of every single matchup this week
SV Balanced Hackmons: Potatochan vs Chessking345 - chess is good but potatochan's my bro and he's able to pop off in the most dumb situations ever. fully expecting chess to load up a well built team and get fucked over by potatochan playing like either the biggest idiot or the smartest player on the planet
SV Godly Gift: ghostlike vs Jrdn - jrdn knows i'd normally predict him. he also knows why i'm not predicting him rn
SV Inheritance: anaconja vs pannu - if conja loses this i'd never let him live it down
SV Mix and Mega: hayedenn vs Redflix - idk redflix always impresses me in mnm but also he lost to me using an ubers team a few months ago. still gonna pick him tho
SV Partners in Crime: Smudge vs Evie - i've talked to evie twice and smudge 0x so im assuming evie is better. my logic is flawless btw. also evie's woke
SV STABmons: Mada vs Fissure - idk other person and i love fish
Bo3: Quantum Tesseract vs Clas - qt may not be much good at keeping up with their gacha games but they're amazing at pocket monsters. however clas is also good at all these metas. i like qt more tho. they go. qt is friend.

hf yall

:darkrai: Rise Up Darkrais - [0][0] - Malevolent Misdreavuses
SV Almost Any Ability: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs augustakira
SV Godly Gift: Career Ended vs pdt
SV Inheritance: DripLegend vs cscl
SV Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs db
SV Partners in Crime: Chris32156 vs zoe
SV STABmons: Kaif vs Slither Wing

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [0][0] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
SV Almost Any Ability: Stareal vs hariyana grande
SV Balanced Hackmons: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
SV Godly Gift: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123
SV Inheritance: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode
SV Mix and Mega: DugZa vs PociekMociek
SV Partners in Crime: Chromate vs HiZo
SV STABmons: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe

:virizion: W Virizzions - [0][0] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos :Solgaleo:
SV Almost Any Ability: Sylvi vs Lana
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs aerobee
SV Godly Gift: Taka vs temp
SV Inheritance: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SV Mix and Mega: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster
SV Partners in Crime: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp
SV STABmons: avarice vs Fc

:Dubwool:Dubwool Entendres - [0][0] - Walking Wokes :walking-wake:
SV Almost Any Ability: Atha vs Betticus IV
SV Balanced Hackmons: Potatochan vs Chessking345
SV Godly Gift: ghostlike vs Jrdn
SV Inheritance: anaconja vs pannu
SV Mix and Mega: hayedenn vs Redflix
SV Partners in Crime: Smudge vs Evie
SV STABmons: Mada vs Fissure

BH Predicts:
TTTech (40) vs (60) augustakira
Bolding akira here because playing-wise I think both players are pretty similar, but akira has both actual support (including potentially extremely heat ideas from Hallward) and (IMO) more advantageous builds here. Oh and TTTech is prone to being actually haxed recently but maybe since akira isnt XxLazzerpenguinxX it might not be a problem (stop missing Wisps TTTech)

zioziotrip (30) vs (70) Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
SR on top. Only god knows why Penguin isn't playing BH but here we are. Test Rex is still getting back into the meta but he has sufficient support from both friends and Ivar so this shouldn't be a problem. Meanwhile I have never seen zioziotrip play BH and while I have heard about their ability to click BH is not a tier that you can easily learn how to click well in a week so even with Sevag and Tea support I don't think they can handle a highly experienced BH player.

cityscapes (80) vs (20) aerobee
So aerobee has played the tier this gen but its city and while this is probably just going to be peak innovation game city is more than experienced with this kind of stuff to handle it.

Gimmicky

I'm not that nice!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
AAA Predicts (stolen format from chessking :psynervous:)

GlalieGoesBoom [35] vs MZ [65]

Glalie's proven themselves to be one of the better players recently, a great performance in lt and a generally fresh look on teambuilding mean I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see them take the win here. I'm still giving a significant edge to MZ though, they've got more than enough general tour experience and some particularly cracked builders backing them up. I think the Darkrai's immense squad of AAA players could actually serve to hinder Glalie just as much as it could help them, there's a point where stacking support in a tier like AAA leads to diminishing returns. Misdreavuses have less builders overall and none of them are individually quite as good as LordBox or even Osake, but they're more than competent enough to feed MZ some great teams, and I think the pure difference in clicking skill outshines whatever tricks Glalie can pull out of their hat. Don't let the score fool you, this is by no means a set game and either player could rightfully earn a win here.

Stareal [40] vs hariyana grande [60]

I don't know either of these players very well personally, but hariyana has been spoken of very highly for a reason. They're a fantastic clicker and while they're not the most self sufficient AAA slot in the world, support from any of Sammy, Ivar, Glory, Tranquility, etc. works beautifully with them. Stareal is also a very solid player with some decent supporting options, but the Heart Takers have such a good pool of AAA support that I don't see having many potential hiccups or clashes unlike the Darkrais.

Sylvi [40] vs Lana [60]

This is the one score I'm most sure on out of any of these. I very firmly believe Lana to be one of the best players in the tier right now, and with Stresh and DFM behind her, not even getting into the other players who could support and give her tests, she has everything she needs to succeed. She's a fantastic clicker, but some of her team drafts tend to start out as a little too ambitious for her own good-- with the set of support she has, that's almost a non-issue. Expect some of the sauciest teams of the week from her. This is not to discount Sylvi one bit, they're absolutely one of the goats of the tier and they have the history (as well as utterly broken support in the form of Fiora and Greybaum) to back that claim up, but a lack of recent experience in the tier means I expect them to take some time getting back into the swing of things. This matchup is what happens when a nearly unstoppable force meets an object that needs another week to become immovable, but wouldn't be surprised if Sylvi clutches up and proves me wrong.

no wokes predicts bc we sweep the whole game

pannu

tonight stars an easygoing egoist
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:darkrai: Rise Up Darkrais - [3][3] - Malevolent Misdreavuses
SV Almost Any Ability: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ mz clicks real good
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs augustakira i have to bold akira otherwise im worried they'll spoil me on series they're caught up on and I'm not D:
SV Godly Gift: Career Ended vs PDT PDT takes time to get used 2 metas, even tho gg isn't CE's best slot I think he should have this unless PDT grinds hella, which he isn't opposed to AFAIK
SV Inheritance: DripLegend vs cscl drip is a real good pilot and I've played him in inh before and he seems to have at least a solid enough understanding of the meta, but cscl is IMO one of the strongest in pool and I don't expect him to drop a game this early on, especially with the support they've got available
SV Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs db 2 worst people on this website matched up I hope this is a deadgame neither of em should win
SV Partners in Crime: Chris32156 vs zoe lol idk dubs, chris is funny but zoe is nice so I cant bold based on who I like more either..
SV STABmons: Kaif vs Slither Wing kaif is real good at the tier and I know swing has a bit of a handful irl + isn't the most proven stab player
Bo3: shiloh vs abriel I favour abriel in stab and mnm so they should win

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [2][6] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
SV Almost Any Ability: Stareal vs hariyana grande both good non mainer clickers but frankjosh has better support
SV Balanced Hackmons: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex Ive played rex on ladder a ton and he seems good, idt zio has played much svbh
SV Godly Gift: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123 entro might outclick here but idk
SV Inheritance: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode I thought you were joking about playing inh wtf sevag LMFAO
SV Mix and Mega: DugZa vs PociekMociek better support/builder idk
SV Partners in Crime: Chromate vs HiZo chrom's gacha luck makes me mad and hizo carries me in pic like an overprotective cat mom does to her kittens
SV STABmons: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe rudi is apparently sylvi approved clicker and Its against my moral code to bold for french
Bo3: RoFnA vs Ivar57 ivar won a lot in bo3 in wc... rofna is a random who couldn't even start bo3 for his team lol

:virizion: W Virizzions - [4][3] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos :Solgaleo:
SV Almost Any Ability: Sylvi vs Lana if she cheese proofs build she win
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs aerobee fish gaming support difference.
SV Godly Gift: Taka vs temp uhh virizz teams r probs better
SV Inheritance: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ she clicks better and picks up tiers faster, she might be a bit delusional abt some of her builds tho
SV Mix and Mega: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster I'm a huge dillon fan and hope to see him beat this ubers main
SV Partners in Crime: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp idk pic and I have no real person bias here, both are cool guys
SV STABmons: avarice vs Fc I'm a huge dillon fan and hope to see him beat this ubers main
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb log off the site again and scamble pw astralydia

go wokes

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [2][6] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
SV Almost Any Ability: Stareal vs hariyana grande both good non mainer clickers but frankjosh has better support
SV Balanced Hackmons: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex Ive played rex on ladder a ton and he seems good, idt zio has played much svbh
SV Godly Gift: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123 entro might outclick here but idk
SV Inheritance: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode I thought you were joking about playing inh wtf sevag LMFAO
SV Mix and Mega: DugZa vs PociekMociek better support/builder idk
SV Partners in Crime: Chromate vs HiZo chrom's gacha luck makes me mad and hizo carries me in pic like an overprotective cat mom does to her kittens
SV STABmons: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe rudi is apparently sylvi approved clicker and Its against my moral code to bold for french
Bo3: RoFnA vs Ivar57 ivar won a lot in bo3 in wc... rofna is a random who couldn't even start bo3 for his team lol
Did you just give them 2-6 but then only bold one of their players and that one player in the description say you wouldn't bold?

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
AAA: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ is a good player could go either way
BH: TTTech vs augustakira Akira has the better TTTechs
GG: Career Ended vs pdt ending the career oft pink dragon tamer
INH: DripLegend vs cscl chinese government wont let him lose
MNM: TectonicDestroyer vs db destroys tectonic plates so what can you do
PiC: Chris32156 vs zoe Chriss Numbers
STAB: Kaif vs Slither Wing Kaif plays just better
Bo3: shiloh vs abriel I think Shiloh will win AAA and STAB

BH: cityscapes vs aerobee pure hackmons
GG: Taka vs temp youtube bonus
INH: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ
MNM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb stretch

AAA: Atha vs Betticus IV unless betti cheeses Atha wins
BH: Potatochan vs Chessking345 even tho I want potato to win chess is strong
GG: ghostlike vs Jrdn more like godlike
INH: anaconja vs pannu is just a random who keeps bolding against me >:( get 6-0d noob :p
MNM: hayedenn vs Redflix no Osake no win
STAB: Mada vs Fissure fish ? gaming ? sure !
Bo3: Quantum Tesseract vs Clas will outcheese QT

Last edited:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
PiC Predicts (stolen format from chessking gimmicky :psynervous:)

Chris Numbers [40] vs zoe [60]

I think Chris is a slightly better clicker but zoe knows the meta much better and is also a good clicker. Darkrais may have trouble building solid teams as Frixel isn’t the most experienced builder and Chris doesn‘t play PiC. zoe may also have building struggles but can succeed due to her experience with building PiC alongside any DOU connectionsl

Chromate [55] vs Hizo [45]

Both players are goated but Chromate has had better records in past tours iirc and has jasprose support while Hizo has limited support. Giving slight edge to Chromate

yuki [65] vs DeepFriedMagikarp [35]

both players are good but yuki is more experienced and has better support.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
but why do the predicts format not build in the team names :sob:

:kyurem-black: Black Diamond Kyurems - [3][5] - Heart Takers :manaphy:
AAA: Stareal vs hariyana grande - better clicker
BH: zioziotrip vs Marsopa Trump & Test Rex - baffled by this line-up decision but I'm shore they have their reasons!
GG: entrocefalo vs SammyCe123 - I am actually going with the clicker here cause Entro has great support and GG is probably the one tier where metagame knowledge is not as significant I have been informed the Heart Takers have Fraises as GG support, I retract my statement
Inh: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs BijouMode - Gotta back the goat
MnM: DugZa vs PociekMociek - Another goat jeez louise
PiC: Chromate vs HiZo - This is gonna be a highlight game and very very tight, but I think I'm backing Chromate on gut feeling alone.
STAB: Clementine vs xdRudi.exe - I think Clem is flat out better, it doesn't help I've never heard of Rudi
Bo3: RoFnA vs Ivar57 - God this one is tight huh

AAA: Sylvi vs Lana - Lana is just that good
BH: cityscapes vs Aerobee - Likewise cityscapes is just that good
GG: Taka vs temp - Tough game to call but I think temp might have it in the bag
Inh: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ - I'm 50/50 on this, both are great players in their own right
MnM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster - Think dillon could pull a solid upset here but he's defo the underdog
PiC: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp - The most b pic player in the pool
STAB: avarice vs Fc - Fc is great and has the knowledge advantage here
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb - Gonna be pretty close, it'll likely come down to the AAA game, should be a good watch

:Dubwool:Dubwool Entendres - [2][6] - Walking Wokes :walking-wake:
AAA: Atha vs Betticus IV - Atha is just too good
BH: Potatochan vs Chessking345 - Chessking is better
GG: ghostlike vs Jrdn - Jrdn might seem as if he's been out of the scene for a while, but he built some really solid teams for OMWC (ignore that we went winless, I am a REALLY bad pilot)
Inh: anaconja vs pannu - Real tough one to call but unfortunately this nerd is kinda good at mons
MnM: hayedenn vs Redflix - Redflix is good
PiC: Smudge vs Evie - Apparently smudge is good but evie is simply better
STAB: Mada vs Fissure - I've never heard of mada
Bo3: Quantum Tesseract vs Clas - This is actually gonna be fairly evenly matched, but my gut says QT

also yeah go missies :pmd/misdreavus:

Last edited:
Darkrais
AAA: GlalieGoesBoom vs MZ first ompl for glalie and mz is a vet. i expect nerves to play a part here. I think glalie will get around 3-4 wins this season but not here.
BH: TTTech vs augustakira i think akira is less insane of a user than tttech
GG: Career Ended vs pdt dont know if this is what pdt envisioned with the team he wanted to end up on. Guess we will find out
Inh: DripLegend vs cscl yea this might be an upset but i can see the winpost already. (I stg drip if u lose now, im throwing uufpl)
MnM: TectonicDestroyer vs db there are a select few weeks where i MIGHT bold tect, w1 is not 1 of em.
PiC: Chris32156 vs zoe look. Im sure zoe is good otherwise u wouldnt selfbuy urself but i believe chrisnumbers just has a really good ompl track record.
STAB: Kaif vs Slither Wing i am aware bonk is kinda gas now but kaif is also a rly good clicker.
Bo3: shiloh vs abriel shiloh is better and will get good teams.

Virizz's
AAA: Sylvi vs Lana sylvi u lied to me, rudi speaks english
BH: cityscapes vs aerobee i couldve tried to be different and bold aerobee but i cannot think of a reason to do so other than repeating bh players are insane joke
GG: Taka vs temp both good clickers with probs good teams but i think taka is a bit better but not much
Inh: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ i just think bj is more likely to find something rly unholy and wins straight up in this tier.
MnM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster dillon that fell asleep on the L key was portrayed as someone who just beats all the top players and ice is seen as 1 of those, ill take the gamble.
PiC: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp im still salty how i didnt see the upbid on dfm and thought we had him at 4.5
STAB: avarice vs Fc just now have i realised how genius it is to draft both avarice and dillon that fell asleep on the L key. Im bolding avarice every week i bold dillon that fell asleep on the L key.
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb had it not been w1 i had considered not bolding stresh

Entendres
AAA: Atha vs Betticus IV sry betticus, not yet.
BH: Potatochan vs Chessking345 yall might think lol chess is the bh mainer and potato isnt. No bro, no. Potato is 1 scary mf, one could even say hes a scary troll...
GG: ghostlike vs Jrdn i think ghostlike is a pretty intelligent player, i do think in GG he will have a tough time (i am aware of recent events in om slam) and hoped to see him in aaa this ompl. His opponent is Jrdn though...
Inh: anaconja vs pannu if pannu doesnt have a great season in inh after locking out of STAB... you will never hear the end of it buddy
MnM: hayedenn vs Redflix yes hayedenn is OP if hayedenn feels like it. I think in w1 morale will be high to prove that ridiculous underpay of a price.
PiC: Smudge vs Evie u selfbought and ur co didnt. Pressure is on u.
STAB: Mada vs Fissure mada gud i think he will outclick fissure
Bo3: Quantum Tesseract vs Clas clas did it last year but that game was godawful, wouldnt be surprised if it happens again tho.

UT

A timeshare down in Destin
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hi we forgot to put the first meta for the bo3 in the OP this week; we will do that future weeks.

If both players want to start with a different meta and agree to it, that’s fine, but the !pick meta will be the default meta. Loser picks game two meta, and then game three (if necessary) is the remaining meta.

This week it is AAA
image.png

Fardin

Tournament Banned
AAA: Sylvi vs Lana - i think lana is much better in this slot, i expect a clean win
BH: cityscapes vs aerobee - midmid bh player vs goated ph player? easy win for the bh one.
GG: Taka vs temp - i didnt know the bruv temp even plays GG. i have to go with taka for now until ive seen the yungin prove himself
Inh: Lily vs Dr. Phd. BJ - holy mother of a sweep. if bj doesnt click, it should be an ez win
MnM: dilllllllllllon vs Icemaster - i dont even know who his opponent is, if ice loses he should retire
PiC: yuki vs DeepFriedMagikarp - i dont know either but one of them has an okay name
STAB: avarice vs Fc - holy, closest game for the week but fc somehow always farms people in stab
Bo3: astralydia vs xavgb - this should be a total wash but idk how active stresh has been in oms, same with astra. still going with yungerini stresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)