Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those reasons are good enough to give them megas over a dozen other good pokemon. Wish lists are fine, but since that's not what we do here, I'd prefer to hear why those 2 before say, Altaria.

My personal list of pokes that make sense is:

Kanto:
Machamp
Golem (other trade to evolve pokes got one)
Dragonite (cuz other psuedos got one)

Johto:
Starters (cuz other starters got one)
Skarmory

Hoenn:
Ludicolo
Shiftry (version exclusives like Pinsir and Heracross)
Milotic (cuz gyarados)
Salamence
Metagross (Psuedos)

Sinnoh:
Starters
Gallade (Gardevoir)

Unova:
Starters
ANYONE! (cuz it needs the rep)

Kalos:
none, at least until gen 7 (these pokemon haven't established their image yet, and giving them megas would completely erase the originals. Diancie was obviously always meant to have a mega, and that's her thing, but the rest I'd prefer not)

I'm sure most of these won't come with ORAS, and some others will, but these pokes are the ones that are most likely imo.
I agree with your list other then dragonite and salamance they really dont need megas and we already have so many dragon megas that it really doesn't make sense to add any more unless your adding a unique typing like dragon fairy

I'm going for Mega-Arcanine, Mega-Metagross, Mega-Milotic, Mega-Camerupt, Mega-Sharpedo and HA Gen 2 starters. The starters could be given to you by Birch after completing the regional dex, much like Emerald.

It's also worth noting that I also counted Mega Latios and Latias separately, Mega Mewtwo X and Y separately, and Mega Charizard X and Y separately as well. I did not count Primal Groudon and Kyogre, although they will likely add to Gen 3's bias once we confirm that they're just fancy names for Mega Evolutions.

This actually feels pretty honest by Gamefreak. Gen 1 is honored all throughout X and Y, while Gen 3 is being hyped with the release of ORAS so the biases towards Generations 1 and 3 and minor exclusion of Gen 2 make perfect sense. Gen 4, 5, and 6 were kind of ignored because I believe that Mega Evolutions' side role (besides obviously hyping people up to buy the games and make GameFreak money) was to help older Pokemon catch up to the newer ones.

Power Creep came up as a topic a while back when I was talking about how Mega evolution won't be the highest form of evolution forever. (just like 3rd stage no longer is)

And on that topic, there's a reason gens I, II, and III are getting all the megas. I don't really know about Abomasnow, but Lucario and Garchomp are (for some reason I'll never wrap my mind around) wildly popular. Otherwise Megas ONLY went to the first half of gens becasue all the other gens have been power creepin' on them.... Diance I suspect got a mega becasue it's a super special event guy from the gen that introduced megas. But I don't see it a sign that gen VI or V will be getting megas just a reminder that event pokemon always get movies made about them and a lot of other special treatment.

We remember how the last 3rd of gen IV's dex is just higher evolutions of gen I-III Pokes, right? Megas are, in a sense, the same thing. A revisiting of older Pokemon for two reasons:
1. A little bit of Power Creep correction
2. So that younger fans getting into Pokemon for the first time can learn about and get into older Pokemon and their stories.

To be honest I doubt gens IV-VI will see a significant (or any in gen V's case) amount of megas until a few more gens down the road when they've been power creeped on by the newest sets of monsters, and young fans of the series don't know what a Gastradon is and wouldn't care until they saw it had a mega.

I also want to bring up a separate subject, just in case people want to talk about something else other than possible mega-evolutions for this gen (it can get tiring, and the topic would probably exhaust itself in a while, so why not?):

Basically, my question is this: Who, from previous gens, would you like to see make a cameo appearance in these games? When X/Y was freshly announced, I had hoped that Wallace or even Steven would make some sort of appearance, but sadly they didn't make it. So what about this time around? What if Cynthia returns briefly to Hoenn, as she has been following the player from region-to-region ever since her first appearance in D/P/P (you know what I mean, she made her last appearance in BW2, but alas.)? Anyone else from previous gens that you think might make a surprise appearance as an optional, strong-as-hell battling opponent in ORAS? n_n

For me, Red and Cynthia have been picked for these roles already, and I think Blue might be a good choice, but I don't think he's too relevant (then again, neither was Cynthia in B/W and she was there, anyway...), and if not, maybe Giovanni? Eh, those are my picks, anyway. Though, if you think about it, I don't think any of the Johto Elite Four/Champs made an appearance yet (please correct me if I'm wrong) so hopefully that's a possibility?

Last edited:
I also want to bring up a separate subject, just in case people want to talk about something else other than possible mega-evolutions for this gen (it can get tiring, and the topic would probably exhaust itself in a while, so why not?):

Basically, my question is this: Who, from previous gens, would you like to see make a cameo appearance in these games? When X/Y was freshly announced, I had hoped that Wallace or even Steven would make some sort of appearance, but sadly they didn't make it. So what about this time around? What if Cynthia returns briefly to Hoenn, as she has been following the player from region-to-region ever since her first appearance in D/P/P (you know what I mean, she made her last appearance in X/Y, but alas.)? Anyone else from previous gens that you think might make a surprise appearance as an optional, strong-as-hell battling opponent in ORAS? n_n

For me, Red and Cynthia have been picked for these roles already, and I think Blue might be a good choice, but I don't think he's too relevant (then again, neither was Cynthia in B/W and she was there, anyway...), and if not, maybe Giovanni? Eh, those are my picks, anyway. Though, if you think about it, I don't think any of the Johto Elite Four/Champs made an appearance yet (please correct me if I'm wrong) so hopefully that's a possibility?
Red should appear and challenge you on a new cave that appears on Meteor Falls or Mt. Chimney. Or Ethan is bought by Steven to Hoenn for a while (game-wise while of course, which is forever lol) and you challenge him. Or bring Lance. Or Blue. Or even Team Rocket fuses with Team Aqua/Magma (whichever one was bad on your game) and tries to take over Hoenn again on the post-league. The possibilities beyond Cynthia are endless, Game Freak.

Looker being back is highly likely, he's been in most of the main series games since his original appearance. A gym leader from another region is also probable, since one or two have also appeared in games outside of their original ones. I'm personally banking on either Skyla or Grant; I honestly don't know why, I just feel like if anyone were to make a cameo it would be one of them (flying around the world/traveling to a renowned hiking spot or whatever Grant does in his spare time).

Actually, I like idea. We need a decent bulky ghost (that isn't weird as hell like Aegislash)

Also, Gallade is from Sinnoh. And would you mind being specific with your reasonings?

Personally, I'd get rid of the fossils, as only doing the two of them would be weird (Aerodactyl made sense cuz it was different)

And Rapidash and Arbok? Why

Dunsparce is one of those pokes that GF kinda wants us to forget about.

The other Gen 2's make sense, but no more than half the other fully evolved from Johto.

For Hoenn, you forgot the psuedos. Also, why Mightyena and flygon?

Sinnoh, I don't see why any of those would make it, except Milotic, who is from Hoenn.

Finally, where's Unova?
Wow, I'm being stupid today.

I chose Gallade mostly because Gardevoir got one.

Rapidash and Arbok could be a bit more... Beefed?

As for Dunsparce... Why not?

I don't list many psuedos mostly because they are a given. Mightyena could use some better stats and Flygon is sadly in UU. I kinda wish he was better.

Most of the Pokemon I chose were ones I felt could be viable, I suppose. Or ones that I don't see being used. I didn't include Unova 'cause I forgot.

Wow, I'm being stupid today.

I chose Gallade mostly because Gardevoir got one.

Rapidash and Arbok could be a bit more... Beefed?

As for Dunsparce... Why not?

I don't list many psuedos mostly because they are a given. Mightyena could use some better stats and Flygon is sadly in UU. I kinda wish he was better.

Most of the Pokemon I chose were ones I felt could be viable, I suppose. Or ones that I don't see being used. I didn't include Unova 'cause I forgot.
Just for going along with it, how would you buff Flygon to keep it from being outclassed by Garchomp? Sweeping and Wall Breaking are both taken, so I'd be interested to see how a mega would benefit Flygon.

Also, just for the sake of thought, what if there was an additional evil team, who's goal is to try to control Rayquaza? If this is too far-fetched to imagine, then let's try this: does anyone think that Team Magma/Aqua would set their sights on Rayquaza instead of Groudon/Kyogre? It would definitely make things a lot more interesting if this was the case!

Looker confirmed; this is his new ORAS theme

Also, just for the sake of thought, what if there was an additional evil team, who's goal is to try to control Rayquaza? If this is too far-fetched to imagine, then let's try this: does anyone think that Team Magma/Aqua would set their sights on Rayquaza instead of Groudon/Kyogre? It would definitely make things a lot more interesting if this was the case!
I don't think they'll do that. They're very obviously changing up RS but I doubt they'll change it THAT much. It would also upset the balance imo

Just for going along with it, how would you buff Flygon to keep it from being outclassed by Garchomp? Sweeping and Wall Breaking are both taken, so I'd be interested to see how a mega would benefit Flygon.
Some time ago I came up with the idea that it'd get a new ability known as "Desert Spirit", which would work the exact same as Levitate but also reflect any ground-type attacks used against you. Dunno how viable that'd be alongside attack and speed boosts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they'll do that. They're very obviously changing up RS but I doubt they'll change it THAT much. It would also upset the balance imo
Definitely understandable. There's a certain formula that doesn't really need to be messed with, and having either evil teams mess with Rayquaza would probably make things a lot more convoluted, but for argument's sake, would it make the storyline more or less enjoyable? And if it would "upset the balance", would it do so in a significant enough manner that it would matter to most players? Personally speaking, I prefer something a bit different than the traditional storylines. Although it's unlikely that they're going to be changing things around significantly, it's still something worth pondering/thinking about, nonetheless~

Giving it Stealth Rock so it can be an offensive hazard setter that is not the worst Gen 5 Pokemon ever made: Ferrothorn.

Besides the obvious dark mass to the north of the map, Cobraroll and MWL pointed out the second thing to catch my eye.
Big, white spot just south of Route 132. Is this Mirage Island, or a spot used to obscure something? It's too uniform to be a regular cloud.

It's too unnatural to be a cloud, I feel like they're purposefully hiding something here.

Also, this alone made me decide on getting Omega Ruby over Alpha Sapphire
The grunts alone did it for me

They look a hell of a lot more serious about taking me down than Team Aqua's grunts are. Although, to be fair, I do like Aqua's admins more, but I'm gonna be seeing more grunts than admins.

The evolution in ORAS is gorgeous compared to the stale backdrop XY's evolution scenes have

I gotta say, they really revitalized the way Roxanne looks now that they have more technology to work with

...now if only they would confirm the 8th gym leader we'd be set

Last edited:
Nobody's gonna waste the hitting power that Chomp offers on a simple hazard setter. Flygon has immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, resistance to Stealth Rock, and enough firepower to beat many hazard setters and possibly some spinners on UU.
Except a lot of people have. It's a viable option and apparently one of two main types of Garchomp you can run into. I really think you ought to look into Garchomp a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)