Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this as well. But the possibility still exists because of the story it is likely to take.
I have high doubts that they'd only include the Battle Tower. As for the story part, HGSS had the whole Suicune thing going on that was in Crystal, so they could just as easily add Scott into the story so he can bring you to the Battle Frontier.

re:secret bases in space/dpp underground equivalent

they should make it so the rocket combined with secret power will take you to your own secret PLANET that you can customize like a secret base and your friends can come and check out your planet

I know theres about a 0% chance of it happening but pokemon are supposed to be aliens away (the clefairy episode told me so!) and secret planets would be way fresher than secret bases. plus I loved the underground in dpp and secret planets would be a pretty good way to incorporate the two imo

im already rambling so im just gonna fire off some more wild conjecture: it would be cool if you could get johto starters the way you get kanto starters in xy. I didnt play xy, but rse happens concurrently with rby so the prof could hit you up on your cell phone or whatever newfangled doohickey they give you these days and be like "theres some new species of pokeymon i would like u to raise for ME, professor elm" oh my god i hope thats the right prof or everyone is going to laugh at me and NOT in the way I usually want them to

or sinnoh starters, but i wasnt under the impression those guys were very popular but sinnoh games were concurrent with johto so who knows man, maybe even pick one of the six? infernape and blaziken are the same almost tho...at least the kanto starters all had a different typing from the kalos (?) ones in their final stages

also a space battle frontier would be pretty cool imo, way cooler than island (?) where it is originally.
Or maybe the space would be like an MMO world...

Serebii has CoroCoro leaks posted. Literally shows us nothing we havent seen, but there is a promise for a new reveal next month. Knowing CoroCoro and GameFreak, it probably won't be too exciting, but who knows? Im still hopeful!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hm. Only now do I see that OGroudon has two spikes on the side of its tail where regular Groudon has three. Or did they edit the third one out since it would clash with the logo?

Other than that... I'm glad I went to bed instead of staying up 'till 1:30 last night. That footage was just depressing. When are we going to learn that "Pokémon Sunday" (which appears to have changed its name each time I see it) will never, ever show anything of interest?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
hmm, an interesting notion. maybe the twist is that the planet youre terraforming is the pokemon world...in the the future like in planet of the apes. you failed to stop the crisis by going into space, so the barren wasteland you turn into your space hideout is actually your beloved homeland
So I guess there might be a Celebi event then?

Hm. Only now do I see that OGroudon has two spikes on the side of its tail where regular Groudon has three. Or did they edit the third one out since it would clash with the logo?

Other than that... I'm glad I went to bed instead of staying up 'till 1:30 last night. That footage was just depressing. When are we going to learn that "Pokémon Sunday" (which appears to have changed its name each time I see it) will never, ever show anything of interest?
Well, to be fair, we did get a 3-second gameplay video back in 2008 for the HGSS reveal.

I guess that some people are overthinking about the setting (external space?), just because nobody said clearly "It stages in Hoenn". They confirmed is a remake, so of course the setting will be the same.

They look different, we get it
They look like boxes. The European covers looked something like that from the beginning

I guess that some people are overthinking about the setting (external space?), just because nobody said clearly "It stages in Hoenn". They confirmed is a remake, so of course the setting will be the same.
Exactly my thoughts. Now if you excuse, I have to find the "Unwatch thread" button.

This may be a ridiculous theory, but hey, what else is there to talk about?

From looking at the box art differences on Groudon and Kyogre, I noticed there were a couple similarities to a few other legendaries - namely Xerneas and Yveltal. Groudon seems to have a darker hue, more flexible body, and the position of it's tail and arms, that looks very similar to Yveltal. Kyogre seems to have a colourful fin, dark extremities, and the arched back that make it look similar to Xerneas. So the crazy conclusion of all this is a cross-regional fusion like we saw with Kyurem in BW2.

Furthermore, the storyline with these legends have a lot of similarities and their respective third trio members are oddly similar in Rayquaza and Zygarde. Again, this is only speculation on my observations, but I think it's an interesting theory.

Late to the party I guess.

I feel that a lot of people are over-thinking the differences between the box-art images and the normal Groudon and Kyogre. I've had a good look at them, and apart from the obvious glowing areas, they seem exactly the same. I just think GF stylized the duo to make them more exciting to look at. ordinarily, Groudon and Kyogre look a little.. bland, when you compare to the addition's to the legendary pool that we've had since gen 3. Mega versions are likely IMO, I just don't think the box art depicts those forms.

Apart from that. I'm really happy they're doing the remakes, I started playing Pokemon in gen 3 and I fell in love. Now i get to relive that feeling! EEEEEEEEEEEEP

+ The footage we were given shows the duo in their "normal" forms. too early to say for sure. but i really doubt the box art is anything significantly to do with potential mega evolutions.

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone else remember Altering Cave? Its primary feature went unused but I have a hunch it will return in AR/OS as either a pseudo-Friend Safari or something like the Hidden Grottos. I think it's a really cool and creative idea to get the missing HA XY Pokemon into the game such as Adaptability Dragalge and Snow Warning Aurorus. Notably, it was only available after beating the E4 champion....the pieces fall into place imo. I would really watch what they do with it, because there's tons of ways to utilize that amount of space in a cool and creative way. Who knows, the regular Safari Zone and the "Friend Safari" via Altering Cave might be in the game.
Tbh I think that the safari zone will be taken up by the friend safari thing. If anything, they can always add the Pokemon in the safari zone into other areas of the game (Houndour in Fiery Path, Phanpy in the Desrt area, etc.). However, Altering Cave does sound like they could expand more on it. Maybe they could fit a legendary Pokemon in there for us? Post-game, of course, but it's possible. Although, I'm not too sure what could go in there.

But that gets me to thinking. Where could they put other legendaries? I know that they could put Heatran up in Mt. Chimney, or possibly in Magma's hideout (assuming that they put in Magma's base in ORAS). Cresselia might be able to fit into Altering Cave. Maybe somewhere else? :o

We already know where the Regis will go, but where will we find Regigigas? Will he be included in ORAS? Where can we find him? Maybe a cave in Victory Road? Or after catching the Regis, will we hear something open up like when we solve the puzzle to awaken the Regis? Really, I think they'll add new areas to find Regigas and other legendaries, but who knows!
Some features I'm definitely looking forward to are contests (see every other post), the Trick House puzzles, and the Cycling Road.

•Everyone else has already went over contest so....

•The Trick House was one of the coolest, most monotonous side-games in RSE. I'm expecting it to be much larger and still a fun and unnecessary part of the game. Definitely a TM or two will be here.

•The Cycling Road will be something I've needed since Gen. V neglected it. I mean, who didn't get a Mach Bike and try not to touch or battle any trainers going down the road to get the fastest time? Ugh, and eggs will be easier to hatch. *Catch your Flame Body Slugma*

*Another Point*
If Phoebe's Dusclops is holding an Eviolite and has Trick Room I'm D O N E.
I really hope that they add new and more levels to the Trick House. We might even get the TM Trick as a prize this time! But what else could we get? I'm sure they'd add more things we could get for the secret base, but do you think the Tent will still be a prize? What else could they add? More secret base prizes? Or items?

I hope they add more puzzles to his house, and doing it in 3D will let them be more clever with where they hide him IMO.

And I hope they do something really cool with Cycling Road. Maybe something like Skyarrow Bridge? And if they decide to keep the skates, can we skate on it? (I doubt that one but it's a thought.) I hope they allow us to have the Mach and Acro bikes again, and maybe we can do cooler tricks on the Acro bike! But if they do let us have the Mach bike, I hope they'll keep the guy who tells you your time. It was always fun to race my friends to see who had the fastest time, haha.
This may be a ridiculous theory, but hey, what else is there to talk about?

From looking at the box art differences on Groudon and Kyogre, I noticed there were a couple similarities to a few other legendaries - namely Xerneas and Yveltal. Groudon seems to have a darker hue, more flexible body, and the position of it's tail and arms, that looks very similar to Yveltal. Kyogre seems to have a colourful fin, dark extremities, and the arched back that make it look similar to Xerneas. So the crazy conclusion of all this is a cross-regional fusion like we saw with Kyurem in BW2.

Furthermore, the storyline with these legends have a lot of similarities and their respective third trio members are oddly similar in Rayquaza and Zygarde. Again, this is only speculation on my observations, but I think it's an interesting theory.
What. I seriously think that you're taking the different looks waaayyyy too far. Yes, they do look different, but not much different that their original formes. There's nothing to go off of with fusion or anything, and I doubt that we're going to have any more fusion Pokemon.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tbh I think that the safari zone will be taken up by the friend safari thing. If anything, they can always add the Pokemon in the safari zone into other areas of the game (Houndour in Fiery Path, Phanpy in the Desrt area, etc.). However, Altering Cave does sound like they could expand more on it. Maybe they could fit a legendary Pokemon in there for us? Post-game, of course, but it's possible. Although, I'm not too sure what could go in there.

But that gets me to thinking. Where could they put other legendaries? I know that they could put Heatran up in Mt. Chimney, or possibly in Magma's hideout (assuming that they put in Magma's base in ORAS). Cresselia might be able to fit into Altering Cave. Maybe somewhere else? :o

We already know where the Regis will go, but where will we find Regigigas? Will he be included in ORAS? Where can we find him? Maybe a cave in Victory Road? Or after catching the Regis, will we hear something open up like when we solve the puzzle to awaken the Regis? Really, I think they'll add new areas to find Regigas and other legendaries, but who knows!
Personally, I'm hoping they include the Sevii Isles. They already sort of included them in Emerald (Birth Island and Navel Rock were both i the Sevii Isles), and in FRLG, they felt somewhat incomplete. Several areas seemed to hint towards something bigger, but they (Gamefreak) never really acted on it. Several of the Sevii Isles would be candidates for legendary Pokemon that haven't been included in Gen 6 already, and additionally, the somewhat tropical feel to the Sevii Isles would match well with the supposed tropical locality of the Hoenn.

What. I seriously think that you're taking the different looks waaayyyy too far. Yes, they do look different, but not much different that their original formes. There's nothing to go off of with fusion or anything, and I doubt that we're going to have any more fusion Pokemon.
They have confirmed that the Groudon and Kyogre mentioned are Pokemon never seen before. (In an e-mail to the Daikusi Club). So saying that groudon And Kyogre would become an alternative form is not to farfetch'd. But new fusion Pokemon. Nah.

So, I'm only mildly disgruntled that there wasn't a big reveal of XY proportions, but most of that feeling comes from utter confusion as to why it looks like they have NO MARKETING BUDGET for these games. There was no narration, virtually no gameplay shown, and the first spot ad was only 30 seconds. Plus, I know that we already have an idea of which Pokémon are going to be in-game, so there's no reason to make a big fuss out of the starters, but that doesn't mean we have to be denied seeing just a little bit of the overworld.

My concern for the moment, though, is how are we going to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? I'm wondering about this, because The bottom screen and its mechanics do see edits between games of the same generation, and only the third installment of each generation (so far) has been given a better version of the gear displayed on the bottome screen. Gen4 had it's reasons to not keep the Poketch for HGSS, but that doesn't mean we should immediately count out the notion that they might come up with another mechanic for the lower screen. Are they going to keep PokeAmie on the bottom screen and tie it in to the PokeNav, maybe? Or will they reinvent the evolution mechanic for Sylveon mid-generation? OR, will they make it impossible to attain a Sylveon outside of trading?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My concern for the moment, though, is how are we going to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? I'm wondering about this, because The bottom screen and its mechanics do see edits between games of the same generation, and only the third installment of each generation (so far) has been given a better version of the gear displayed on the bottome screen. Gen4 had it's reasons to not keep the Poketch for HGSS, but that doesn't mean we should immediately count out the notion that they might come up with another mechanic for the lower screen. Are they going to keep PokeAmie on the bottom screen and tie it in to the PokeNav, maybe? Or will they reinvent the evolution mechanic for Sylveon mid-generation? OR, will they make it impossible to attain a Sylveon outside of trading?
Honestly I think that PokeAmie was mainly for 6th gen (the main mechanics and whatnot) so we might see it after the game. However, if they do keep it, they will probably put in Skitty or another cutemon. If anything, I'm sure the PokeNav will be at the bottom, and there might be a PokeAmie option by the map button.

Like HGSS, I don't think they're going to let us evolve Pokemon into ones we got in later generations until after we beat the game. If they're not in the original Hoenn dex, I think it's safe to say that we won't see anything but them until post-game.

So, I'm only mildly disgruntled that there wasn't a big reveal of XY proportions, but most of that feeling comes from utter confusion as to why it looks like they have NO MARKETING BUDGET for these games. There was no narration, virtually no gameplay shown, and the first spot ad was only 30 seconds. Plus, I know that we already have an idea of which Pokémon are going to be in-game, so there's no reason to make a big fuss out of the starters, but that doesn't mean we have to be denied seeing just a little bit of the overworld.
I have a similar feeling about this. All this seems too rushed. Not so much the announcement trailer, but not showing the smallest piece of gameplay (3D models of the legendaries don't count) actually worries me, especially considering that the release is only six month far. By this point a good portion of the game should be complete.

Eevee probably isn't in the Hoenn Dex. And assuming Amie doesn't make a return, you would probably have to max the Cute stat if contests came back. I'm also hoping that when Pokeblocks return, they're cooked like Poffins.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To be fair, though, main series Pokémon games don't really need that much marketing. The Internet makes a lot bigger buzz than any marketing department ever could.

On the other hand, I can see where you're coming from. There has been revealed consiciously little about the games so far. Of course, this makes the Internet buzz even higher, but still...
I guess they are going to let the Internet buzz for a while before gradually dropping footage and more info. We know the region already, we know there won't be any more Pokémon species we don't know about already, and we shouldn't expect any surprises in terms of story either. There are a lot fewer unanswered questions here than there were for X/Y. In that sense, GameFreak has a lot less to show us than they had for X/Y as well. A Mega Evolution or two, perhaps a Forme, or some in-game footage, but that's all they have to offer before release.

This either means longer waiting between info dumps (and remember how little we heard after Sylveon's annoucement - it took almost three months before more info was revealed after that), less info per dump, or spoiling the entire game before release. It seems like they have gone for the second option - acknowledging our curiosity, impatience and thirst for information, but portioning out said information very carefully, lest we all gulp it down in one go.

Now in the first couple of weeks after the announcement, we'll have no more fun than we make ourselves. A significant portion of the fan base know Hoenn inside out already, so a lot of conversation can be had over nostalgia and wishlisting (not that all Pokémon communities approve of this, of course, but that's our own choice). Then, we can expect a somewhat major annoucement after a few weeks. Mostly artwork, new characters, in-game footage and a little "what's new" blurb. Maybe even a couple hints as to what the deal is with Groudon and Kyogre. All in all, an amount of information comparable to the X/Y announcement trailer. Once we've got something concrete to talk about, things will probably be as quiet as they were after Sylveon was announced. Remember, between the X/Y announcement trailer and the next major info dump, it took 126 days, during which all we got was Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y (and for both we were only shown the models and a couple of moves). Then, I guess we'll see more info as release nears, starting with a couple of Mega Evolutions (my guess: Metagross and Salamence, as version exclusives [though this will not necessarily be stated at first]), then the region map, then info on whatever new facilities they've added to Hoenn, a couple more Mega Evolutions, and then the games will be released.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So....possible theories as to why Gamefreak is so tight-lipped (was afk most of yesterday so I only saw the footage now):

a) Gamefreak hired this guy:

b) they got sick of the nosy fandom. I know we're all hyped and excited but we don't have to know absolutely everything before release date. One of the most offensive things this fandom has ever done was that massive leak of Unova mons about a month in advance of BW's JPN release date. I know that it was the employee's choice to do so, but pleasing the fanbase (and stroking some overenthusiastic Poke-journalist's ego) cost him his job. It's like leaking a Cliff's Notes of an unreleased Harry Potter (iknowthatisdoneok) or A Song of Ice And Fire and distributing it everywhere. Also, I remember before XY release that some Gamefreak employees were bombarded with questions over Twitter about leaks that weren't supposed to be known yet and several fansites pleaded people to stop. These bits of info were revealed through leaked scans of CoroCoro that they didn't pay for. Add in leaked copies of games in advance of a simultaneous worldwide release date and the lack of surprises....and well, I don't claim to know how Gamefreak operates but maybe in the era of spoilers and other shit the fandom should learn some patience.

Last edited:
So....possible theories as to why Gamefreak is so tight-lipped (was afk most of yesterday so I only saw the footage now):

a) Gamefreak hired this guy:
b) they got sick of the nosy fandom. I know we're all hyped and excited but we don't have to know absolutely everything before release date. One of the most offensive things this fandom has ever done was that massive leak of Unova mons about a month in advance of BW's JPN release date. I know that it was the employee's choice to do so, but pleasing the fanbase (and stroking some overenthusiastic Poke-journalist's ego) cost him his job. It's like leaking a Cliff's Notes of an unreleased Harry Potter (iknowthatisdoneok) or A Song of Ice And Fire and distributing it everywhere. Also, I remember before XY release that some Gamefreak employees were bombarded with questions over Twitter about leaks that weren't supposed to be known yet and several fansites pleaded people to stop. These bits of info were revealed through leaked scans of CoroCoro that they didn't pay for. Add in leaked copies of games in advance of a simultaneous worldwide release date and the lack of surprises....and well, I don't claim to know how Gamefreak operates but maybe in the era of spoilers and other shit the fandom should learn some patience.
Point b makes absolutely no sense. We all want information, but we've never hacked into Gamefreaks computers or something crazy like that. It's not the community's fault something is leaked by an employee. Leaks happen all the time, in every kind of industry. Gamefreak doesn't like the leaks (remember the Pokebeach leak situation?), but they just have to deal with it and not bitch about it, which they do because they're a company living off the money the community gives them. Also, if a GF employee has a Twitter account, why wouldn't anybody ask the employee some questions? You can always ask questions, it's not like "Tell me everything about the games, or I'll go to your house to kill your family".
The community should perhaps learn some patience, well at least a part of it, but everyone is hyped for the games and want more information; can you really blame them?

And now being somewhat ontopic, I do agree with you with GF being so tight-lipped. The way XY were anounced, is so different compared to these remakes. With XY we got an amazing trailer which build a lot of hype. They way they anounced the remakes, is a bit.... anti-climatic, even though I'm really hyped for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)