NU Official Neverused Seasonal I - Round 2 [Replays Required] {$50 USD Prize to Charity}

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alert: Replays are required for all rounds going forward.

art by Kiwi | co-hosted with Seraphz
Welcome to the first SV & 2024 edition of the Official Neverused Seasonal I Tournament! Players will compete in a best-of-three Pokémon game in the [Gen 9] NU Format! The more wins you get the more you proceed in further rounds. Luckily, this tournament is a double elimination tournament if "rng" is the reason you're knocked out one time in the tournament. The top 16 players that generate the most points will be placed in a single-elimination tournament at the end of the year. The winner at the end of the year will receive a trophy
and be named "NU Circuit Champion".

Players will be picked randomly against one another for as many rounds as it takes to find one final champion. While posting replays will not be mandatory until Round 2 of the tournament, it is encouraged to save them in case of any disputes!

Additionally, join our discord to discuss the tournament, ask about rules, find your opponent more easily or just to hang out!

Tournament Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SV NU tournament.
  • The tournament will be double elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required to receive the win-by activity.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible to see about the possibility of having a rematch.

Prize

This year, in addition to the yearly NU trophy, the winner of this specific-tournament will be given $50.00 USD to donate towards an upcoming charity cup in honor of Mr.Bossaru, courtesy of me.

Round 2 Winners Bracket Pairings (Click Me)

1706547776186.png

I shuffled 8 pairings that were excluded out of the bracket maker to go in conjunction with the "substitutes"

Shagg51  vs  Shengineer
RyuSnowシ  vs  zben [Dropped Out *]
TakingNotesKinda  vs  drakey
Ninja  vs  Parpar
brubobn  vs  TheFranklin
giove97  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
poh  vs  Tuthur
Phantomistix  vs  Lucario
bodi  vs  shadowtime2000
Beraldo  vs  angelthesaucegod
Xiri  vs  Tal
plznostep  vs  outbackrabbit
Leni  vs  NHelioX7
etern  vs  LpZ
Zaeoy  vs  sugar ovens
RiloBR  vs  temp
cicepece11  vs  hammer798
Taka  vs  Soucou
DugZa  vs  Danny
Mashin Sentai  vs  eifo
Ampha  vs  avarice
Don Bork  vs  Kimius64
na-kanon69  vs  waterfals
Ac1D_13  vs  Leru
Kiyo  vs Scarf Kricketune
Scizornite  vs  Paintedzach
Drud  vs  roxie
Bouff  vs  Froggy
Django  vs  Be13costa
chuggachuggachooo  vs TyCarter
Hax Believer  vs  twinkay
Squeeby  vs  Bless

The Deadline for this round is next week Monday, Feb 5th at 10:00 AM GMT-5. This Post is only acknowledging the Winner's Bracket. The Loser's Bracket will be posted shortly. The Deadline for extensions is Wednesday 11:59 GMT-5.

Replays are required for all rounds going forward.

Last edited:

Seraphz

formerly Oblivion Wing
is a Tiering Contributor

roxie

is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Audaz  vs  promare Banbadoro  vs  Career Ended Oathkeeper  vs  txitxas ToastedBunzzz02  vs  yellow_boi68 DerpySuX  vs  MTB Slip  vs  Blackmambafan KingKrash78  vs  gavin8130 RL  vs  Gomure MiMoHyo  vs  Elias PSY yovan33321  vs  UsoJo Fathiryxi  vs  Marshall.Law s7a  vs  Irella Zoyotte  vs  Fluore Amstan  vs  dex DaviDXrt  vs  zS Lilo  vs  Be13costa Pikapikaboomboom  vs  Baddy skimmythegod  vs  havocknight Kin+ak (✧∇✧)  vs  Seraphz Cielau  vs  open_pool Fant'sy Beast  vs  fish anemometer ToasterBoi420  vs  feen BloodAce  vs  Pakawaka Zephyri  vs  seroo Medeia  vs  Foufakirby Lightniong  vs  Ara Staxi  vs [Loser of TyCarter  vs  Mister McLovin] sufys  vs [Loser of Scarf Kricketune vs  Seed Sower] tko  vs [Loser of Theia  vs  Froggy] Inferno of Wyndon  vs  [Loser of King Billu  vs  Bless] Mada  vs [Loser of HaxxSel  vs  twinkay] skierdude101  vs [Loser of Be13costa  vs  prankstersop]

i won vs obb10 for r1 https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-50-usd-prize-to-charity.3735103/post-9953664

art by Kiwi | co-hosted with Seraphz
Welcome to the first SV & 2024 edition of the Official Neverused Seasonal I Tournament! Players will compete in a best-of-three Pokémon game in the [Gen 9] NU Format! The more wins you get the more you proceed in further rounds. Luckily, this tournament is a double elimination tournament if "rng" is the reason you're knocked out one time in the tournament. The top 16 players that generate the most points will be placed in a single-elimination tournament at the end of the year. The winner at the end of the year will receive a trophy
and be named "NU Circuit Champion".

Players will be picked randomly against one another for as many rounds as it takes to find one final champion. While posting replays will not be mandatory until Round 2 of the tournament, it is encouraged to save them in case of any disputes!

Additionally, join our discord to discuss the tournament, ask about rules, find your opponent more easily or just to hang out!

Tournament Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SV NU tournament.
  • The tournament will be double elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required to receive the win-by activity.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible to see about the possibility of having a rematch.

Prize

This year, in addition to the yearly NU trophy, the winner of this specific-tournament will be given $50.00 USD to donate towards an upcoming charity cup in honor of Mr.Bossaru, courtesy of me.

Round 2 Winners Bracket Pairings (Click Me)

View attachment 599131
I shuffled 8 pairings that were excluded out of the bracket maker to go in conjunction with the "substitutes"

Shagg51  vs  Shengineer
RyuSnowシ  vs  zben
TakingNotesKinda  vs  drakey
Ninja  vs  Parpar
brubobn  vs  TheFranklin
giove97  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
poh  vs  Tuthur
Phantomistix  vs  Lucario
bodi  vs  shadowtime2000
Beraldo  vs  angelthesaucegod
Xiri  vs  Tal
plznostep  vs  outbackrabbit
Leni  vs  NHelioX7
etern  vs  LpZ
Zaeoy  vs  sugar ovens
RiloBR  vs  temp
cicepece11  vs  hammer798
Taka  vs  Soucou
DugZa  vs  Danny
Mashin Sentai  vs  eifo
Ampha  vs  avarice
Don Bork  vs  Kimius64
na-kanon69  vs  waterfals
Ac1D_13  vs  Leru
Kiyo  vs  [Winner of Scarf Kricketune vs  Seed Sower]
Scizornite  vs  Paintedzach
Drud  vs  roxie [Winner of roxie  vs  Pakawaka]
Bouff  vs  [Winner of Theia  vs  Froggy]
Django  vs  Be13costa
chuggachuggachooo  vs  [Winner of TyCarter  vs  Mister McLovin]
prankstersop  vs  [Winner of HaxxSel  vs  twinkay]
Squeeby  vs  [Winner of King Billu  vs  Bless]

The Deadline for this round is next week Monday Feb 5th at 10:00 AM GMT-5. This Post is only acknowledging the Winners Bracket. The Loser's Bracket will be posted shortly. The Deadline for substitutes is Wednesday 11:59 GMT-5.
i won vs obb10 for r1 https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-50-usd-prize-to-charity.3735103/post-9953664

roxie

Replays are required for the rest of the tournament.,

Hey I thought someone mentioned this in your game but for Game 3 of your match it was brought up that you brought an illegal Pokemon as per the council bans on according to this post. Because of that, I cannot advance you to the next round & I'm sorry about this. I will not link this game to respect privacy and if you have anymore questions lmk.

roxie

Last edited:

roxie

Seraphz's post says my oppo is sufys but roxie's says it's Surfy - not sure who I'm playing?
Good afternoon,

There was a matchup excluded however (that didnt affect your series). My follow-up post is acknowledging the correct updates after a typo for this round. It looks like Seraphz edited their post in reflection to the changes I've made correctly. In the initial post (the OP) it has the winner of "[Scarf Kricketune vs Seed Sower]" which means for this round you play sufys in alignment with this post: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-50-usd-prize-to-charity.3735539/post-9957435

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

This is indeed correct. There was a matchup excluded however (that didnt affect your series). My follow-up post is acknowledging the correct updates for this round. It looks like Seraphz edited their post in reflection to the changes I've made. In the initial post (the OP) it has the winner of "[Scarf Kricketune vs Seed Sower]" which means you play surfy in alignment with this post: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-50-usd-prize-to-charity.3735539/post-9957435
thanks - in that case, surfy gave me the win on their wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)