Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

You might be mixed up, you were slamming AD not KD. Furthermore, none of the boring ass arguments you made had any merit because you did not actually argue based on anything except blind fanboyism. The NBA is a team game, and the Rockets do not play defense...Harden is a huge part of the not playing defense trainwreck that is happening, it is part coaching and part bad effort.
Thats what I said from day 1._. You just wanna argue man. You're disagreeing with me while agreeing. BTW its not that serious lol

Last edited:
Heat in 5 (yawn), Wizards in 6, Spurs in 6, Clippers in 7
You Heat fans ( since 2010 ) crack me up. The Nets swept the Season series 4-0. The ONLY team to have swept the Heat since LBJ Wade Bosh joined.The ONLY team to have swept LBJ since he joined the NBA period. Miami only has rest advantage over the Nets, which we have YET to see how much of a factor it will play against the Nets and in favor of the HEAT. You Heat fans blab about how deep this Heat team is come Playoff time. But this is NOT the same Heat team as previous Playoffs. You have an injury prone Wade to worry about. How will Miami deal with Joe Johnson's amazing Post Game thats been growing better and better every game. Will Bosh step up and take the #2 leading scorer role. Maybe the refs might be a big factor on this series, but favoring which team ? ...there's still A LOT to say "Heat in 5". All you have to say is " The Heat play WAY better come playoffs and they end up Winning no matter what" Okay, So lets see. Your predictions are terrible man.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
These playoffs are pretty hard to predict tbh...

Nets in 6, Pacers in 7 (rooting for them, would feel wrong to predict otherwise x.x), Spurs in 6, Thunder in 6

http://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query...=4+and+o:streak>1+and+line<-5&submit=S+D+Q+L+!

http://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query...game!=7+and+p:series+games!=6&submit=S+D+Q+L+!

The Nets are about to be destroyed...these numbers are not speculation, they are probable fact...as in cumulatively around an 80% chance the Nets get fucking roasted game 1. The first thing is not something I made up for this post, it is something I made before the playoffs started. The 2nd is not something I made up looking for Nets, I made it up looking for the Blazers to explain things to TIK / possibly being trolled by TIK. The first one is a lot stronger indication than the 2nd (38-5 versus 12-5), but the second one treats dogs the same as favorites, while the first is all teams who are overwhelming favorites in the face of opponents who by all appearances should be more respected.

4-0 is cute, but then you play a game 7, barely win, and your team is old as shit and you get raped by the team with more talent and better defense who just got to chill out for the last 5 days.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Nets in 5, Indy in 6, Thunder in 7 and Spurs in 6.
Nets in 5? Are you out of your mind? This is coming from someone who dislikes the big Heat.

Gonna be a contrarian to you and pick:

Heat in 6
Wizards in 6
Clippers in 6
Blazers in 6 - I believe in Lillard as my lord and saviour.

All six cause dats how I roll.

lol you just said Blazers in 6. You outta ya mind, Spurs haterr

I hate the Heat, but Nets small ball can pretty much match-up with Heat's. I watched 2 games this season and I saw Heat did struggle. That sweep ain't just luck. Why? Nets play small ball the whole 48 minutes (literally) and with that, they give up rebounds to replace their aggressive defense (they trap every freaking time). Bigger teams, such as the Raps, exploit this. But the Heat ain't scream big so they really can't exploit Net's lack of height.

Remember, the Nets are in this stage not because of their offense (they struggle offensively, despite the multiple "stars") but because of their unique defensive style they discovered since the Lopez injury. It's not Bulls/Pacers level, but it's up there. Aside from few LeBron highlights, I expect this to be a grind-it-out series.

And a Brooklyn homer here (realistically though, I have Nets in 7)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol you just said Blazers in 6. You outta ya mind, Spurs haterr

I hate the Heat, but Nets small ball can pretty much match-up with Heat's. I watched 2 games this season and I saw Heat did struggle. That sweep ain't just luck. Why? Nets play small ball the whole 48 minutes (literally) and with that, they give up rebounds to replace their aggressive defense (they trap every freaking time). Bigger teams, such as the Raps, exploit this. But the Heat ain't scream big so they really can't exploit Net's lack of height.

Remember, the Nets are in this stage not because of their offense (they struggle offensively, despite the multiple "stars") but because of their unique defensive style they discovered since the Lopez injury. It's not Bulls/Pacers level, but it's up there. Aside from few LeBron highlights, I expect this to be a grind-it-out series.

And a Brooklyn homer here (realistically though, I have Nets in 7)
Part of the reason I predicted the players was to be directly opposing all your picks, and part of it was because I believe that they're in with a huge shot. LMA and Dirk are very similar players, except the former is better at this stage of their respective careers. Lillard is a tougher cover than Ellis and the Blazers have more shooting than the Mavs could dream of. Lopez is probably a better cover for Timmy D than anyone on the Mavs roster. This is the same Mavs team that was moments from sending the Spurs home in round 1 as an 8th seed. Knowing that I've said all this I'm probably going to look stupid as the Spurs win in 5, but the Blazers just have something about them

Not surprisingly, KD won MVP. What is surprising is that he won it almost unanimously (receiving 119 of 125 possible votes)

this is just a supposition, but probably very accurate - all these guys are calling each other up making sure they are voting the same, since nobody wants to be embarrassed in the modern media world of instant overreaction

You Heat fans ( since 2010 ) crack me up. The Nets swept the Season series 4-0. The ONLY team to have swept the Heat since LBJ Wade Bosh joined.The ONLY team to have swept LBJ since he joined the NBA period. Miami only has rest advantage over the Nets, which we have YET to see how much of a factor it will play against the Nets and in favor of the HEAT. You Heat fans blab about how deep this Heat team is come Playoff time. But this is NOT the same Heat team as previous Playoffs. You have an injury prone Wade to worry about. How will Miami deal with Joe Johnson's amazing Post Game thats been growing better and better every game. Will Bosh step up and take the #2 leading scorer role. Maybe the refs might be a big factor on this series, but favoring which team ? ...there's still A LOT to say "Heat in 5". All you have to say is " The Heat play WAY better come playoffs and they end up Winning no matter what" Okay, So lets see. Your predictions are terrible man.
take a deep breath kiddo, and i'll be sure to bring this up again when the heat win in 4 or 5

the funny part is that the bulls swept the heat in the reg season in 2011 and lost in 5 :3

edit: yawn easy win is dis a high school jv team or sumthin????

Last edited:
lolzbyrne acting like heat won the series

and yeah, kd mvp. and agree with CK, it shouldn't be that lopsided. Media just voted which is popular (just look at the rookie votings). This's why I still hate this MVP thing.
Unless you're that one guy who voted Conley for MVP.

Also, Mark Jackson is done. Hallelujah
Are you fucking serious celebrating it? He did a great job coaching Warriors since he came (turning this seemingly offensive team into defensive juggernaut), and he got the boot because he argued with the fucking owners. Those guys don't realize how much pain the Dubs fans had before Mark came with their poor decisions...

Are you fucking serious celebrating it? He did a great job coaching Warriors since he came (turning this seemingly offensive team into defensive juggernaut), and he got the boot because he argued with the fucking owners. Those guys don't realize how much pain the Dubs fans had before Mark came with their poor decisions...
Yeah, as a Dubs fan I am celebrating hard. I give respect where it's due, but ultimately he held the team back with his shitty rotations and plays and not knowing when to take a timeout. For all the "success" he had as a coach, we were never going to be championship contenders with him at the helm. Only regrettable thing is that the team's chemistry is probably fucked, hopefully whatever replacement we get will be able to pull what Doc Rivers did this season.

First, there ain't many coaches out there who can "bring" Dubs as contenders. Second, Dubs right now is just a player or 2 from being a contender, so it's not really on Mark. Third, these Clips might still be a 2nd round fodder, but we'll see that yet.

Their bench is definitely awful, but who knows, a new coach might be the missing piece they really need. And I'd bet that if the Clippers win tonight, they win the series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)