Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

50th anniversary of the great 100 point game.
that season he averaged 50.4 points per game and 25.7 rebounds per game. thats how you do it
He also averaged a ridiculous 48.5 minutes per game. Essentially, he played the entire game and MORE because of the overtime games that season. Ridiculous player is ridiculous.

Wow that's terrible for Lamar. He was really shook when his driver killed that kid and his dad dying doesn't help it at all. He's a really emotional guy and tragedy just seems to follow him everywhere.

ShakeItUp the NBA actually had 60 minute games with 15 minutes a quarter back then but they decided it was too long.

Kobe and his mask doing work. :D

Jim Buss is turning the Lakers into the Clippers, we already declined Michael Beasley and Ramon Sessions for a first round pick because he didn't want to pay more tax money. Both would have filled large holes in the Lakers point guard and small forward positions.
Minnesota also wanted two of the Lakers' first-round draft picks, though, so that might've also influenced the decision.

EDIT: I never fail to marvel at how useless our bench is at holding a lead. Kings went on a 9-0 run instantly.

Suns beat Clippers.. but damn.. Nash looked really old tonight. Bulls did what was expected of them..crushed the Cavs. Rose and Deng looked good.

Wish the Jazz game was on tv.. and if it was, wish I didn't miss it.

Wow that's terrible for Lamar. He was really shook when his driver killed that kid and his dad dying doesn't help it at all. He's a really emotional guy and tragedy just seems to follow him everywhere.

He hasn't played for almost 2 weeks. He's just going to the D-League to get his legs back under him. Also his dad is definitely still alive, but had a stomach virus last week which is why Odom missed the Lakers game. Maybe you confused him with Roddy Beaubois who scored 25 today and whose dad died last week.

What happened with Odom is basically that Dirk/Kidd sent him home until he can commit to being a Mav and giving his all on the court.

Ahem, DENIED Clippers! 10 straight losses now at our place I think.

Nash did look older, but it's bound to show sometime considering how much he's been carrying the team, can't look like you're 28 every day XD

The reaction when Lebron passes a ball at the end of the game being so hysterical is a really sick result of modern media coverage, like with the Tebow obsession except it never ends ._.

Mavericks are still a real contender because of their strength on back to back road games, which comes into play during playoffs. Obviously it does not STRICTLY matter - last season Heat were #1 and Mavs were #3 at this (before playoffs). This year the teams are doing it at a crazy rate...last year Mavs were #3 at 65%, the year before THAT Mavericks were #3 at 65% (Celtics and Lakers 5/6), and the season before that with the Cavaliers, Lakers, Magic, and Celtics at 68%+ two of them made the finals, the season before that Lakers and Celtics 2/3 above 65% and finals....the biggest failure year was 2006-2007 where the Mavericks and Rockets were both over 80% in these situations and irrelevant in the playoffs, with the infamous round 1 collapse for the Mavericks :/

lose a regular season road game by 1 point, just their 3rd loss in the last month

and this is a national story?

actually what should be the national story is how a team mascot managed to play 11 minutes for a professional team, congratulations dexter pittman you have made history!

actually what should be the national story is how a team mascot managed to play 11 minutes for a professional team, congratulations dexter pittman you have made history!
oh please, the mavs former team mascot started the last 3 games of the finals

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lose a regular season road game by 1 point, just their 3rd loss in the last month

I'm sure Brian Scalabrine has played longer before...

The reaction when Lebron passes a ball at the end of the game being so hysterical is a really sick result of modern media coverage, like with the Tebow obsession except it never ends ._.
I agree. I almost want to quit watching ESPN period because everyone's obsessed with clutch.

CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCHC LUTCHCHCLUTHUCTHUCTHLCLCTUHCLTUHTLHCUTHTCLHCT

Jesus is this media fucking terrible; and the worst part is that the populous buys into that shit.

If Lebron passes it and that guy makes the shot, Lebron looks like a selfless team player. It goes both ways really ._.

Isn't the story more about how the Mavs are on a four-game losing streak?

They hate him because he's an easy person to hate with the decision, the party and all the stupid stuff he says. Not to mention that it's true, he's always looking for an assist before his own shot.

Yeah, they just blow out the result in large proportions depending on whether a shot is made or not.
All things considered... When you have 17 in the quarter on 8/9 shooting, I'd rather my best player whos going completely off on them take the last shot rather than trying to pass it off and make the "right basketball play"

Actually DWade is the most "clutch" player on the Heat. 3-7 with last second shots :D. So if any of them should've had the ball it would've been him. Haslem was wide open and that FThrow shot is almost a sure thing with him.

DONT PASS YOU WILL NEVER BECOME LEGENDARY.

[youtube]3cS5uDMErOE[/youtube]

But they're right.. he carried the team the whole 4th to have a chance to win it.. then he passes it when it matters most. Just take the fucking shot.

It's obvious he has some type of fear.. reason why he won't do the dunk contest either. If he fails..

What bothers me isn't so much the actual decision to pass, it's the fact that LeBrick deferred to friggin' Haslem. Seriously, LeBrick already shut some critics up for a moment by showing that he does indeed have a fourth quarter, why not take the final shot when he was clearly on a hot streak? He's obviously capable of creating his own shot and knocking it down...but decides that Haslem is the better option.

It's like SGV said, he looks for the assist before the shot. Seems like he's afraid of any kind of failure.

lol jwoozie all those contested 30 footers he made were "the right play" but giving it up to haslem when you have Paul Milsap guarding you isn't?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)