Offense!

Darkvirus here yet again with another RMT with my most sucessful team so far but like most teams there is allways room for improvement so with that crappy little intro out the way lets take a quick look at the team

Onto a closer look at the team and why i chose them and how they work as a team

The lead

---
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
---
TrickScarf jirachi lead so far has reliably set up rocks stoped opponent gtetting rocks up been a luciaro cheak when i still have scarf AND use trick to cripple opposing team members, The EV's and nature are obvious max speed with a positive nature to outspeed all neutral base 100's and speed tie with positive 100 and neutral 110's the moves are obvious aswell iron head for the 60% flinch chance to stop rocks, trick to cripple opposing leads/monsters that are a problem, Stealth rock is well SR and one of the few thing keeping salamenace below the ubers line and finerly Fire punch for a luciaro cheak along with for attackiig other lead jirachis

Against the top 10 leads last month
- Iron head and hope for the flinch to stop rocks
- Same as above
- Trick straight away if it sets up SR then i SR on the switch if it EQ off to lati for a specs surf
- Same as above
- Fire punch
- Ttar on the fakeout for sandstorm to break Sash then latias to surf
- Hope for 2 flinches in a row or no confusion hax (Ironhead 3HKO)
- Hope to trick it if not to Cune to cm up once and attack untill pass as nothing wants to take a +1 surf
- Trick and lock it into sleep powder or Tspikes and for Tspikes switch to cune and setup if locked into sleep then to Scizor for the u-turn
- Iron Head

---
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/44 Spd/48 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
---
Tyranitar is such a versitile pokemon with his massive movepool and superb base stats he has the ability to run just about any set possible and the tyranitar of the moment is Choice scarf and because of that i have found it makes the devistating tyranaboah set a great weapon of surprise and a "holy shit what do i do now" for my opponents. The EV's and nature all add up to one simple thing cause max damage possible walst being able to keep myself protected with 101hp subs and these do just that, 252 EV's for the lovely 101 subs, 48 SAtk for the guranteed 0HKO on Scizor with flamethrower, 44 Spd EV's for outspeeding 8ev scizor by 1 point and the rest put into Atk for max power. The moves Substitute to protect from stats walst being able to fire off Focus puches without worry Flamethrower was chosen over fireblast due to accuracy as its often a 1 shot try to get scizor and i cant afford to miss and i chose crunch over darkpulse due to more EV's being put into attack meannig its more powerful although i do need to be careful of WoW from rotom. If this thing gets a sub up it can cause hell for Stall teams as it has no real safe switchin as the main walls stall teams used are either KO'ed or majorly crippled by my attacks.

---
Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
---
Choice Specs latias is a complete monster it can put huge holes in opposing teams defences specs surf is no laughing matter normaly when lati comes in i jsut mash that surf button to hit hard its switchin without leaving myself at -2 Satk and the normal switchings are Scarftar who takes a nasty 53.8% - 63.7%, Scizor who takes another nasty 53.8% - 63.7% Meaning a guranteed 2HKO on both and draco meteor on blissy is doing a huge 32.9% - 38.8% meaning when that pink fat blobs at 50% and i got rocks up it needs to serously think about switching into such a powerhouse.
The EV's are the standerd 252 252 for a sweeper for max power and speed and the +speed nature to outspeed all menace without a boost and at worst speedtie with other latias that are not useing a choice scarf. The moves are simple too Trick to screw over a wall Draco meteor for raw power, Surf for smaching latias normal switchins hard and TB for general coverage but is rarely used as its either hit and run with surf of DM. Latias roll in this team is to simply make big holes in the opposing team to help either suicune or metagross to setup and sweep because this lures in ScarfTar's dark attacks it gives metagross a easy setup on a resisted move ready to cause hell.

---
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
Offencive CM cune oh how i love you, so many times you have swept when people have let me get two or three calm minds up, which mean i can just decimate there team, after latias has made holes in it normaly drawing out thire water resists/special walls and despatching them after a CM or 2 cune is almost unstoppable. With the added suprise factor that im a offencive cune rather then the better known CroCune many send in vaporeon to deal with me due to its ability but insted of this they just eat a HP electric and go into oh shit mode again, for some reason people also see this as a gyrados setup which mean they also eat a hp electric and many people try send in there breloom's in to try spore/seed bomb me just to be outsped and be froze to death by ice beam. The EV's are agian just standerd 252 252 sweeper EV's for max damage and speed and i use leftovers to counter the sandstorm damage from Ttar to make sure that i survive as long as i need as with priority flying everywhere and LO and SS i would die far too quick. The moveset is very simple CM to boost SAtk and sruf for stab HP electric for coverage and ice beam rounds it all off.

---
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion/ThunderPunch
---
Rock Polish metagross with the 2 moves of Meteor Mash and Earthquake for coverage a Attack stat of 405! and a speed stat of 478!which is fast enough to speed tie with +1 base 110 pokemon with a neutral nature quite simply late game this is a total powerhouse and many a time even midgame ive set up and swept teams as they are compleatly unprepaired as almost all metagross you see today are SR users not sweepers and with latias drawing in bullet punches and persuits i get many chances to set up without worry. The EV's are again as simple as they come with 252 252 for max damage and speed. Meteor Mash was selected over iron head for 2 reasons, 1st the better base power of the move and 2nd the attack raise if i get one,having to deal with a +1+2 metagross is bad enough and even harder if i get another attack raise, explosion is used mostly to take out something that would normaly stop my cune sweep if theres anything left or just for taking out a problem pokemon after my hp is down from LO and any attack i may have recived.
Metagorss is the main physical sweeper of the team and it dose a superb job of that and can also clear a problem for suicune with explosion.

---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
CB scizor you know what it dose, one of the best revenge killers in the game thanks to stab technician bullet punch comming off base 130 attack with priority. without it i would have a few problems with salamance and latias along with its scouting ability of a CB U-turn which is a powerful tool in scizors movepool. THe EV's and nature are as standerd as it gets with the extra 8 going into defence rather then speed to make sure i go last agaisnt others scizors for the u-turn and the super power drops. The moves as you know are again statderd U-turn is the ultimate scouting move bullet punch is for revenge killing and late game clean up and superpower and prusuit are mostly there for fillers and are very rarly used so not to let my opponent set up.
Scizor is perfect because of U-turn to get in metagross or cune for an easy setup and sweep

Thankyou for reading my RMT i hope you can help in some way to improve on this team and i look forward to hearing from you

This team lacks a reliable Scizor switch-in as the only one that is able to do so is your own Scizor being able to switch-into a CB U-Turn but it looses about a third of it's HP (With Stealth Rock factored in, Scizor looses a bit less than half it's HP) Scizor is also an annoyance for your team as Latias is choiced and Pursuit weak and is also succeptible to Bullet Punch just like Tyranitar. Agility Metagross seems like an issue as well since it can set-up on Scizor locked onto Bullet Punch and Latias locked onto Draco Meteor after the SpAtk drop. Meteor Mash takes care of Tyranitar and Latias, Earthquake disposes of Jirachi, Scizor and Metagross while Thunder Punch hits Suicune for SE damage.The lack of a decent switch-in to Fighting attacks makes your team succeptible to Dynamic Punch from Machamp (Latias cannot take it on because of the lack of investment in Defence) Three Ground weaknesses & one immunity is also an issue to take note of as Earthquake is an extremely common move in the OU metagame and another Ground immunity would be more than welcome. Jirachi seems like the most replaceable member as you already have two Steel types and loosing Jirachi will not compromise your team's ability to deal with threats except for SD Lucario which my next suggestion will be able to deal with. I would reccomend replacing Jirachi with a Lead Gliscor as it checks CB Scizor, Agil-Gross, SD Lucario and Machamp and still sets up Stealth Rock while having an immunity to Grounch thanks to it's Flying typing. Go for:

Gliscor @ Leftovers | Sand Veil
Jolly | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Earthquake | Roost | Stealth Rock | Taunt

On Suicune, I would like to suggest an alternative EV Spread, 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe. The Speed EVs allow you to out-speed max Speed Adamant Lucario by one point and max Speed Timid Heatran. HP is maxed to be able to take hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum and the rest is poured into Defence. On Metagross, I would give Zen Headbutt a test in the last slot. It hits Rotom-A for neutral damage and still hits Gyarados and Bulky Waters hard while providing secondary STAB.

This team is pretty Lucario and Machamp weak, and overall just generally weak to fighters. Latias cannot continually take STAB Fighting attacks, and in the case of Lucario, if it sets up on a locked Scizor, its basically good game for you.

Like the above poster recommended, I think Gliscor is a better fit over Jirachi as it covers your Fighting-type issue and also gives you a Ground immunity alongside Latias. Also helps in breaking down Stall teams which you have a somewhat issue against (entry hazards don't help this team much either).

Everything else the above poster pretty much detailed. I'm a bigger fan of a bulky Suicune but if you wanna use an offensive variant than go ahead.

the only problem i have with leading with glisgor is a reasonable aount of lead machamp run ice punch which is a clean KO
ill give zen hedbutt a go and see how that works out for me
woth cune so far ive tryed both ev spreads and found the offencive one to be more effective but i will give it another test

Pretty sure the standard Jolly Gliscor with only 40 Def. EV's is able to survive an Ice Punch from leadChamp with around 50 hp left. Mine was never OHKO'd anyways back when I used one.

I don't argue however that increase in Anti-Lead Machamp has decreased Gliscor's effectiveness as a lead. Was just pointing out that Ice Punch is not a OHKO.

I what you need is a scizor counter, then I would highly recommend Zapdos. A lot of people claim that Gliscor is the better check, but it is by far Zapdos. It resists all... ALL of scizor's useful moves, and can kill it with just a STAB thunderbolt.

I'm sorry that I can't look up the EVs and nature for it right now, but I have one stall Zapdos set that might work well for your team.

Zapdos@Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Substitute
-Toxic

This set is one of the most annoying in the metagame. I got it off of a different RMT, tried it, and then fell in love with it. EVs are to out-speed plus natured 90 base speed pokemon, namely Lucario, then balance the rest between spatk and bulk as you see fit. I recommend a bold nature. Basically, switch in on a scizor (and let's face it, your opponent's team is probably going to have a scizor) or other pokemon that can't touch it, then sub up on the switch. If they go out to a steel type, you likely have to take the free Tbolt then switch out (unless it's a 2hKo, seeing as you outspeed most steels in the current meta), BUT if they switch in a bulky water to take the expected heat wave or other wall to take the TBolt, Toxic it and it's SCREWED. You can easily out last pert, roosting and subbing to take it's attacks as it wastes away, and if a Ttar comes in, even if it pursuits, the sub takes the damage for you. Can't tell you how fun it is when people leave battles just because of the pain that this set inflicts.

I recommend using it over latias or Suicune, so that you don't throw off your special/physical mix.

Pretty sure the standard Jolly Gliscor with only 40 Def. EV's is able to survive an Ice Punch from leadChamp with around 50 hp left. Mine was never OHKO'd anyways back when I used one.

I don't argue however that increase in Anti-Lead Machamp has decreased Gliscor's effectiveness as a lead. Was just pointing out that Ice Punch is not a OHKO.
ice punch on glisgor from machamp is doing 76.8% - 90.4% and with EQ i can only do a total of 32.3% - 38.3% so he can 2hko me walst i set up rocks and take a 1/3 of his health or i can take 2/3 of his health and have no rocks up so its not really the greatest choice i have to take on machamp

I what you need is a scizor counter, then I would highly recommend Zapdos. A lot of people claim that Gliscor is the better check, but it is by far Zapdos. It resists all... ALL of scizor's useful moves, and can kill it with just a STAB thunderbolt.

I'm sorry that I can't look up the EVs and nature for it right now, but I have one stall Zapdos set that might work well for your team.

Zapdos@Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Substitute
-Toxic
I have used this on another team to sucess but with the offencive nature of the team it dosent fit in well and dosent have the power this team relys on to make holes for metagross or cune to sweep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)