Tournament NUPL VIII - sEmIfInAl

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clefairy Coalition (1) vs Sjneiders Sneasels (1)
SS NU: soulgazer vs Sjneider -Wouldn’t be surprised if sg won cause I think he can win against anyone in any low tier, but neider is a lot more into ss nu afaik and he’s been doing really well. Small edge cause I think very highly of sg’s outplaying potential.
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Jrdn -I might be biased here but I think very highly of Tony as a player, and I know for a fact he’s in touch with the meta and will build a solid and potentially creative team (instead of fishing with hail cough cough), whereas jrdn is solid but nothing spectacular in my eyes, and he’ll probably be passed a team and just go with it. Decent edge cause I’m a Tony fan but it wouldn’t be that surprising if jrdn won either.
Bo3: Teddeh vs ict -This one’s interesting, cause Teddeh seems to be in a good form after the 0-2 into bench start; he brought 2 solid teams and played 2 solid games, whereas leon brought a team pretty much 6-0d by stall (which just ain’t it vs ted) and his choice wasn’t much better in SM either. He did play a solid SS game, tho, and it looked like he was even a bit ahead at a point, despite him losing in the end. If I had to guess tiers, I’d pick ict in SS if he’s given the proper team, teddeh in SM because I think he’s just more solid in it, and whoever wins ORAS takes it. Teddeh is known to be a very solid oras player and has built a couple of teams that took people like a whole year to figure out how to break them, but I think he falls onto his comfort zone quite too often, and that could make him predictable if ict chooses his team wisely. Ict, on the other hand, might not be regarded as an oras nu player, but he did get to finals of the last oras nu open (and won slam that year), so he does know how the tier works. I’ll say it’s a tossup in this and whoever wins the oras match takes the tiebreaker as a whole.

Also, don’t fuck it up again Pablos, you can’t lose after @ eviolite and snaga saved the season sweeping with mr abortion.

Sjneider

swag to the yolo
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Just wanna say ggs to the clefs, you guys played a great series and deserved the win. A quick s/o to my team for putting together one of the best seasons a manager could ask for. Managing wasn't ever really an aspect of this game I was interested in but in hindsight, I'm really glad I signed up bc getting to work and play alongside y'all was a truly fun experience. Thank you, my sneasels!!

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
sucks that we made it so close just to lose like that but in all honesty im really happy w/ how our season went and how everyone on the vivs did. i honestly lost quite a bit of motivation bc i thought we were out going into week 5, which is why i took myself out of the lineup and asked if anyone else wanted to be moved around/play whatever. however we somehow made playoffs despite not winning a week till week 6, and we were able to take it to tiebreak game 3 and have it come down to a couple of ties/rolls. ik giving individual shoutouts in a tour like this is a bit odd if you dont win but there are a few ppl that were standout af (and begged me in our discord) so ill drop some stuff in the hidetags.
gorex Expulso - ill start with you 2 bc i think without the two of you we wouldnt have had the motivation to keep trying / winning post week4/5. you guys singlehandedly kept the discord alive with your tags/support/questions, even in tiers you guys didnt know the best. you guys also brought in a lot of key wins, and im really happy i was able to draft the two of you together. hopefully you guys stick around nu as well, as the community can always use people like you.

vivalospride - thx for coming into ss nu despite not playing before this / not really wanting to probably. you had some great games and once again were an amazing chat presence. you and Clefable are a top tier power couple and i hope we can keep teaming together, as the vmr core will one day be unbeatable...

Gefährlicher Random DnB - when dnb pmed me telling me he was gonna sign up and wanted me to draft his friend, i was a little skeptical till he mentioned his friend was felix. ive been a fan ever since your run a couple nupls ago with the beedril highlight game against dodmen. once again you went god mode in this tour, and it was fun seeing you roll up w/ whatever eternally gave you every week and playing great. glad to see you in wcop, and hopefully you stick around for more tours in the future. and dnb, while your record doesnt really reflect you as a player, you were still a great chat presence and were key to us doing as well as you did, pretty much being the only person to test a lot of old gens when people needed it. hopefully you start actually learning new gens instead of relying on bulbapedia so much -.-

Eternally - emo bitch
even tho we lost im really happy w/ both the teams that are in the finals, but i am rooting for the clefs after pledging my allegiance much earlier in the tour.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I had a lot of fun this tour so s/o to all the vivs, im happy we could prove people wrong and make playoffs after a rough start, you guys all worked really hard and it was awesome to see it pay off, even if we couldn't quite make it to finals. Unfortunately, there's a pretty clear elephant in the room that I'd like to address. rozes Your so called 'managing' and ridiculous decisions throughout the season cost us many times and ultimately ended up sealing our fate this season. Next time you attempt to (god forbid) lead another team, I hope you can reflect back on this experience and improve your methods instead of tarnishing another franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)