np: XY UU Stage 1 - Reload [Salamence: BL | Next: DROPS!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call dips on dat sexy infernape, been waiting forever for some decent fighting priority, not to mention a great speedtier, and the two best STABs you are likely to find.

So, just to be clear, the mons that were OU that were previously banned to BL (Staraptor, etc), they are still BL and will be retested?

phew the return of Togekiss is delayed for yet another 3 months (srsly I don't know how anyone who played UU last gen would want Kiss back in the tier now that it has a fantastic typing and Zapdos is locked away in OU)

Still all the drops are bloody fantastic and will shake the tier into something really enjoyable imo. also Fletchinder confirmed for new UU Übermensch

edit: for self-reference

The following Pokemon were previously OU and are now UU:
Alakazam, Blissey, Goodra, Infernape, Lucario, Manaphy, Volcarona

Usage stats said:
RIP

HELLO
Out of this, RIP Gardevoir you were an amazing scarfer, RIP Manectric, rest can go die in a hole ty ty

So, Alakazam, Infernape, Lucario, and Volcarona will be interesting. I assume Manaphy will stay in BL, and Blissey will... just fuck that thing. Goodra will be cool.

inb4 volc is BL

Blissey will not be as cancerous good as Chansey cause it has no physical bulk, but will still be great on stall.

gardevoir, medicham and scolipede being ou means uu now has 3 less things to retest, which is nice.
Once BP is nerfed in OU, Scolipede will probably go back to BL.

(People in OU: use its offensive LO set more, it's legit.)

Aww, Quaggy left :[ And I'm guessing Smeargle, Scolipede, and Vaporeon when up because of the whole BP thing going on, so they'll probably drop back down later.

A little disappointing that Togekiss didn't make it, but that is for the best. Goodra, Zam, and Nape are gonna be fun to use. Volc can gtfo. As for Luke, idk. With Quaggy gone, that's one less thing to deal with SD variants, while NP sets struggle to hit everything with just 3 moves. He seems a little to OP on paper, but it might a whole different story when it comes actual practice.

Volc, Mega Zam and Lucario are definitely the most threatening of the drops. All of the hype will be around Volc (obviously broken), but Mega Zam and Lucario will be in the shadows, seemingly not broken. But, let me show you these calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 299-354 (75.8 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 357-421 (103.7 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 157-186 (50.3 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (you're going to see a lot of Lucario's ESpeed checks Volc and is necessary comments).
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 312-368 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Trust me, Mega Zam is a lot worse...

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Snorlax: 302-356 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 196-232 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 225-265 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 236 Def Florges: 168-198 (46.6 - 55%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 294-346 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Keep in mind, these are with a Timid Nature. With a base 150 speed, it can easily run Modest. The only relevant threat at that speed is Mega Aero. If you think oh, priority handles Mega Zam... oh no, your opponent is running RK Sash Zam, oh well. You're Absol and Lucario just got Focus Blasted in the face....

Goodra, Blissey and Ape are a good fit for UU, IMO. Blissey is annoying, but there are so many powerful physical types in UU (Heracross, Darmanitan, Mega Aggron, Mienshao, etc..) to take care of the pink blob. Goodra will be an excellent Spore Absorber and bulky tank with AV. Ape can go mixed and will be very viable. We may see Mienshao drop in usage due to the base 108 speed, but Shao can wallbreak with Reckless HJK, so it won't be dropping to RU anytime soon!

Alakazite, Volc and Lucario will most likely get the boot.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Somebody do calcs but alomomola utterly cockblocks lucario iirc and Amoonguss does well against variant with crunch over ice punch

Jacks0n

formerly grassycow
RIP

HELLO
baton pass took vap and smeargle ect.

holy crap volv will be a pain lucky it dropped with blissey (though it can still be broken through) alakzite is broken IMO (holy crap that thing is scary) goodra will be nice, nape will be strong and borderline broken, luc is a fearesome sweeper and with sticky web, it will be a nightmare, manaphy = holy broken crap and volc = more borken than torn t, all in all some really nice additions to uu and im syked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)