Noobmons(Playable on Aqua Server!)

Noobmons: In which Dragon sucks.

Roll Gengar through a field of thorns an Other Meta: it comes out the other side smelling of roses. Here it's only weak to Dark, and the only actual trade it's made is, boo-hoo, it's only singly resistant to Poison, not doubly resistant, and no longer resistant to Bug. (Which is notable, I guess) I'm getting to the point of wondering what it would take to actually make Gengar actively bad in an Other Meta.

Noobmons: In which Steel is fairly average.

Gardevoir trades a Poison weakness for a Bug weakness. That's nifty, I guess.

Noobmons: In which Ice is excellent. All hail Hail!

Gonna make a team today, I think.

So, a Pokemon I'm thinking of looking at is Throh. It's a rather forgotten Pokemon it seems, but it does have solid bulk, and it can run RestTalk. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I've currently got a VERY experimental team set up. If anyone wants to challenge me, we can set something up. I'm not very good at competitive though, just a warning.

Last edited:
I have something to note: poison is pretty nerfed defensively (not like dragon though), but it's better offensively, so... Protean greninja can carry gunk shot viably?

I have something to note: poison is pretty nerfed defensively (not like dragon though), but it's better offensively, so... Protean greninja can carry gunk shot viably?
Um, Protean Greninja can already carry Gunk Shot viably. That's why people are calling for it to be banned in OU. Because Gunk Shot nukes specially-defensive Fairy-types that wall everything else it does.

Wait, what? Greninja might be banned from OU? It would need SOME defense for that to make sense (or work out for it)

So, a Pokemon I'm thinking of looking at is Throh. It's a rather forgotten Pokemon it seems, but it does have solid bulk, and it can run RestTalk. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I've currently got a VERY experimental team set up. If anyone wants to challenge me, we can set something up. I'm not very good at competitive though, just a warning.
Throh sounds like a good mon. There's also landorus I/T. Better experiment on that.
And,
In other modded typechart.js's, I noticed they were there as well. Just to be safe, I kept them there.
I might suggest looking through the source code for anything about that. Also, when I first tried out noobmons, it just adds the type chart with the noobmons one.

Breloom could be an interesting threat in this meta, having the solid Fighting type and Grass no longer worrying about Steel or Dragon. Rock is now a legitimately defensive type, to a degree, especially now that it resists Bug and Ice, two major types in this meta. Expect low Pokemon like Aggron and Bastiodon to possibly get some attention. And watch out for the wonder-wall Avalugg. Speaking of Avalugg, he also makes a great wall in the Inverse meta.
Scizor should be suspected immediately for a ban.
Scizor ban, eh? I'll test out the mon, while you explain it.

Also, inb4 noobmons viability rankings xP

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I've updated the typechart found in the code as there were some problems with it that CrazyGuy108 told me about. I simply made an incorrect assumption; it should be fixed now (same link as before)

Inverse Noobmons
Hey, are we talking Inverted Noobmons or Noobed Inverse? Because Noobed Inverse makes Normal even more ungodly broken (And also demands an explanation of what happens when mutual super effectives occur, since they're everywhere in Inverse) while Inverted Noobmons actually makes Normal a more balanced type, albeit still the best offensive type. Stuff like that.

I've actually got a Noobmons team, but haven't been able to get matches mores the pity.

Throh sounds like a good mon. There's also landorus I/T. Better experiment on that.
And,

I might suggest looking through the source code for anything about that. Also, when I first tried out noobmons, it just adds the type chart with the noobmons one.

Scizor ban, eh? I'll test out the mon, while you explain it.

Also, inb4 noobmons viability rankings xP
Despite the nerf to Steel, it's easily the most viable Bug type. Also, i just meant Mega Scizor, not Scizor in general. With a STAB priority and Technician boosted Bug moves, it would at least be a top threat.

Hey, are we talking Inverted Noobmons or Noobed Inverse? Because Noobed Inverse makes Normal even more ungodly broken (And also demands an explanation of what happens when mutual super effectives occur, since they're everywhere in Inverse) while Inverted Noobmons actually makes Normal a more balanced type, albeit still the best offensive type. Stuff like that.

I've actually got a Noobmons team, but haven't been able to get matches mores the pity.
If you can catch me, I'd battle you.

Pikachuun does code and metas. He can probably code the meta. Snaquaza seems to be open for metas too so you can drop by his server and ask him. There might also be Official Fissure if he got his server to work.

Pikachuun does code and metas. He can probably code the meta. Snaquaza seems to be open for metas too so you can drop by his server and ask him. There might also be Official Fissure if he got his server to work.
I gotta decide the 'mons for this round; then Snaq will host it seems. I also have a coder possibly able to do it. He said it doesn't look too hard, but he's new to coding, so I'll see how it goes.

Cloyster
seems a lot more effective in this meta. Water/Ice is now a solid defensive typing that makes it very easy to set up a Shell Smash and sweep. It quad-resists ground and has absurd physical bulk with no investment, allowing it absurd switch opportunities only surpassed by Flying types. Here's an unrealistic calc to prove my point:

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blaedes vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cloyster: 81-96 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's not to mention resists to Water, Ice, Dragon and Flying as well, all while only being weak to Electric and Fighting. Those are two easy types to cover with the rest of your team: Ground and Fighting are top tier defensive typings, and running one of each covers all of Cloysters weaknesses. You'll still need hazard control, of course, but the opportunity cost for using Cloyster here is a lot lower than in standard OU.

Cloyster
seems a lot more effective in this meta. Water/Ice is now a solid defensive typing that makes it very easy to set up a Shell Smash and sweep. It quad-resists ground and has absurd physical bulk with no investment, allowing it absurd switch opportunities only surpassed by Flying types. Here's an unrealistic calc to prove my point:

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blaedes vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cloyster: 81-96 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's not to mention resists to Water, Ice, Dragon and Flying as well, all while only being weak to Electric and Fighting. Those are two easy types to cover with the rest of your team: Ground and Fighting are top tier defensive typings, and running one of each covers all of Cloysters weaknesses. You'll still need hazard control, of course, but the opportunity cost for using Cloyster here is a lot lower than in standard OU.
Very nice for pointing out this mon. With that physical bulk it can force switches on physical attackers as it sets up a Shell Smash. The only fear for Cloyster here are insanely fast special attackers. Could be a top threat.

Rather simple metagame, and yet it changes so much... I like it!

Definitely need to take some time checking powerful type combinations, there might even be a new no-weakness type (not sure if it's been mentioned, only read the first and last pages --').

I can imagine Water/Fire being a rather fun typing (Volcanion, though?): It takes 1/4 from Fire, Ice and Steel moves, neutral from Ground and Water, as well as Rock! It's only apparent weaknesses are Electric, though I could be wrong.

It's still weak to Ground and Rock.

I don't think there's any new no-weakness typing possible, no. Haven't manually combed through all the possibilities, so I could be wrong.

Ice really still isn't the greatest type in this. Almost any Ice/anything else combination still results in a quad-weakness. One exception I've noticed so far is Ice/Ground, which is weak to only Water and Fighting. Ice/Dragon also doesn't have any quad-weaknesses, but Ice doesn't really gain anything from the combination aside from a quad-resistance to Dragon.

Ice really still isn't the greatest type in this. Almost any Ice/anything else combination still results in a quad-weakness. One exception I've noticed so far is Ice/Ground, which is weak to only Water and Fighting. Ice/Dragon also doesn't have any quad-weaknesses, but Ice doesn't really gain anything from the combination aside from a quad-resistance to Dragon.
Except for Water, Electric, Ground, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon. Fighting and Poison as well, if type combinations that don't exist count.

By the way, even if Steel is a pretty bad defensive type right now, Ghost/Steel is still quite nifty, even if it's not as great as before. 3 immunities, 6 resistances (9 before Steel nerf). Sure, it also has three weaknesses to Fire, Ground, and Dark, but it's still neat (it resists Psychic + Fairy combo, if it counts as something).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)