Newark VGC Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATG's Newark VGC Warstory

Well, I'll start off by saying that I'm new to Smogon and that the Ducks are crazy good. FALCONS ALL DAY! Lmaoo, anyway, I'll start by saying that I lost in the third round to D-Train (I'm not sure how you spell your name man, sorry). So yea, I guess I'll start off with preparations and our journey there.

So, my cousin (AceTrainerRed) and I have been preparing for this tournament since August 2009, figuring out movesets, items, Pokemon, etc. So, it's been a lot of stress on our necks just trying to get all of our guys ready. We finished just the night before of the actual tournament which was Friday night. So, that's pretty much it for preparations.

So, the night before, I go to bed at 9:30 but didn't fall asleep until 10:00. At that time, I figured out I would only get 8 hours of sleep if I wake up at 6:00 so I just decided to wake up 6:30 since we won't even leave until 8:00. So I get up, eat breakfast, go to my friend's house and we leave. It took us about 30-45 minutes to reach to the Expo Center. Once we reach, I look around like an idiot like, "Guys, where's the place?" Then everyone is like, "Dude it's the only place with a huge line in front of it. Then I'm like, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" feeling ridiculously stupid. So, we get a good spot in line, definitely within the first 100 people there.

So, we are waiting in line when we notice someone coming in the line wearing a Ducks shirt, so we were already scared. We go up and talk to them and one of them say he is TTS so I was like, okay, cool. He had a friend too that was a Duck but I can't remember his name (sorry man). So we are waiting in line and in about an hour maybe they move everyone in. We sat down in the Expo Center for a good 3 or 4 hours, maybe less. Anyway, on to the matches.

When we are waiting in line, I suddenly get that sick feeling in my stomach and feel like throwing up. I took one huge breath and I was a little more calm. So they take my team information sheet and give me my wristband and it said '598' on it. So I ask the lady, "Wait, there are so many people registered already?" She kindly replies, "Well, it's not in any order." Anyway, we wait a little bit in line and then the battling begins.

Here's my team, just movesets and items, no EVs and IVs. Also, thanks 7014degree for the Kyogre.

Life Orb
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Haban Berry
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Protect

Shuca Berry
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Choice Scarf
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Ancient Power

On to the matches.

Round 1:
I face this girl that was in this group with yellow shirts. They seemed good but I guess we'll find out soon enough. We wish each other luck and we begin our match. She leads off with Abomasnow and Thyphlosion and I lead off with Hitmontop and Palkia. I Rock Slide since it would be Super Effective against both and I Spacial Rended I think Abomasnow and Rock Slide hit Thyphlosion and brought it down to the low yellow and it missed Abomasnow and Spacial Rend missed Abomasnow.. Now, I put away my Ho-Oh stylus thinking it's unlucky. I can't remember what happens next but from there I Mach Punch Thyphlosion for the kill and from there I sweep 2-0.

Round 2:
I face a guy that is around my height and looks maybe 13-14 years old. He leads with Thyphlosion and Gallade. I Spacial Rend Thyphlosion and I Rock Slided I think and it missed Gallade and Gallade used Psycho Cut on Hitmontop and it got a critical hit and killed. Now, I'm just pissed off so I just send in Kyogre and finishes everything off with Water Spout, 3-0.

Round 3:
I am matched with someone and he askes me if I am with any websites so I'm like, "You go first", so he says Smogon then I say I'm from Smogon too so I ask him what's his name on Smogon and he stutters a bit but because he got tongue-tied for a second. He says, "Cy-cy-cy... BLAH!" So I'm like, "Cybertron?" And then he's like "Yea! How'd you know?" And I'm like, "Cool, I'm RukarioAuraMaster!" And then he has a scared look on his face so I'm like, "Do you wanna call the buddy rule?" And he's like, "Yeah, sure." So we called it and I'm matched with D-Train. I told him, "You are the last person I wanted to face." Since he was wearing a Ducks shirt, I knew that was my downfall. As soon as I see his leads, which was Kyogre and Hitmontop, I seriously said, "Alright, that's good game." I knew that was it for me and he said, "Nah, don't say that" and I said, "Yeah, I guess I should have some confidence." So I don't remember much but I know he won 2-0.

Anyway, I lost 3rd round to a Duck so it was alright. Anyway, I got to meet Marriland, met a lot of Smogoners and I watched all of the matches including the finals which was awesome! I still can't believe Smogon swept Newark, I can proudly say I'm affiliated with you guys, lmaoo.

Anyway, that's it for my warstory guys, peace =].

Nice story! And thanks for the Falcon spirit haha. Were you the one who was with AcetrainerRed when he came up and talked to me?

Nah, it was okay, my friend made it to top 32 so it was alright. Besides, I had tons of fun cheering on Cybertron, and D-Train, and all the Ducks! It was fun meeting all of the smogoners as well =].

It was awesome meeting you man, you were like one of the few rooting for me haha!

Hope to see you sometime soon bro =]

I saw you guys play and heard you say that. I was like, "great, I hope that doesn't happen to me." Luckily, I got past that round, but lost the next one.

Awesome job getting to round 3. Good luck next year.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, nah because I know you as Cybertron lmaooo sorry man. Anyway, you did awesome! I was rooting for you and Dtrain the whole way =]. Good luck at nats =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)