New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasberry Pie SG

enough already
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
requesting a name change to "ras"
Reason: ppl often get confused between me and the user raspberry and i don't really like my current name
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ras.233225/

i'd rather not, this'd just lead to people getting confused between you and ex-NUTL raseri
then can I get rasp please? it won't be confusing as well as it will have some level of recognizability to my current name

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm very curious if this is possible, but I would like my name changed to Haven: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/haven.13435/#recent-content

While the account is a decade old and has 23 posts, I could only find 2 posts that he actually had. Whether those posts were locked away under hidden or old threads, I don't know, but it feels pretty suspect to only find 2 identifiable posts from him over the 6 month span he was here, despite the account being a decade old. After now getting TC and receiving insight from the PS Help room, it was worth a shot to ask; the worst case scenario is you say no because of the post count.

As for an actual reason, Haven is an IRL nickname of mine. As I get older, I want to generalize myself by the nickname I've had for years now, and having one nickname that I've always been known by IRL compared to this one that the smogon community knows me by now, switching face constantly, really grinds my gears. (That and this name sounded waaaaay better in my head when I was younger.)

post histories of old users, esp wifiers, are often wonky with a bunch of their messages not showing up for whatever reason or another, there's a lot of users like this one out there. and yeah in the interest of being fair to everyone / having clear rules i'd rather just keep "postcount of 10 or lower" as a hard line in the sand sorry =\
- tdp
Completely understandable. Chances are it wouldn't happen, so I'll go with my plan B and request a name change to Havens.

Edit: Adding one letter doesn't hurt at all that much does it? The profile doesn't exist on Smogon, so it should be fine in theory.

CelticEdit: done

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to request name change couple days alter but asking this now because I'll be a bit busier for this week.
DawnManeDuskWings is the name currently.
Honestly every single person I meet in every part of this forum and Pokémon Showdown refer me as DMDW; literally no one calls me something like "Hey DawnManeDuskWings" because it is pain in the ass to both say it out loud and type it down. That said, if I do named change from DawnManeDuskWings to DMDW by just abbreviating, does it count as removal of distracting text and not count as a name change? If it counts, I will keep the name but if it doesn't count, change mine to DMDW please.
The reason why I want this name change is because it is just to abbreviate my name (and somehow this is considered a full name change). I did try coming up with a better name amidst the pressure of 3-letter-name-smogon rules or people in Ubers Discord calling me "Necc" one day, and I even dedicated a portion of my profile page to take suggestions, but my peers' feedback weren't so great.

That is not to mention that the username taking two lines every time I post is simply the most frustrating thing I experience in Smogon.

So I'd like the username changed to DMDW. Really, this is really for preventing confusion, as I never use this 17 letter username and always go by DMDW in PS! and Discord, so I don't see how 'formerly _____ CT' will be beneficial to anyone. However, if that's how things are supposed to work, I'll take it.

CelticEdit: done

I was wondering if my old comments could be deleted please. It reveals certain info I am not comfortable with. If not, can I get an idea where i could request this? No longer use this account and a deleting my past comments would be great.

I was wondering if my old comments could be deleted please. It reveals certain info I am not comfortable with. If not, can I get an idea where i could request this? No longer use this account and a deleting my past comments would be great.
I'm assuming your old username was connected to your IRL name, and I scrubbed that from everywhere I could find. Is that sufficient?

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello !

I would like to change back to my former username Heathcliff. No one took the pseudo ever since and I'm simply more comfortable with it. I do own the PS pseudo. Thanks for your time ! :toast:

this'd be your 5th change, which would really be way more than you're allowed sorry :(

Tol

Retirement house
I'd like to request a name change to TGC United, reason being that the original reason for the "dis" is now gone. also people already call me tgc united cough cough gross sweep 1v1pl rankings cough cough so yeeeah. plus this time I actually have 100 posts

ya - tdp

Rei

The arcana is the means by which all is revealed
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can I get ct removed I believe it's been a month.

Hi there!

I'd liked to have my name changed to SynysterCola. It's the name I've been using on PS!/other internet things and honestly, I've moved on from my own handle (a relic of the old Smogon days/my life).

aight - tdp

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
can u change my birthday to april 20 2002? my birthday didn’t match up before since i was initially trying to avoid age limit, but i think i should be over it by now. just leads to less confusion i think.

done - tdp

Hello Hikari,

I am requesting to have my name changed to ' NiBones ' as when I first joined the Smogon and competitive community I was much younger. After that I went down some paths... and then have not played much or been in the community as frequently.. But now I have found a foundation in music and am a music producer and artist and spend my free time in competitive play and in the forums. I feel it would help close close close fans connect to me. Thank you :) Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 3.26.12 AM.png <-- Proof That I am me !

Cheers <3 !

see OP, need 100 posts sorry

Requesting a deactivation of my previous profile "WyrXIII". I made an account "WyrXIII" in June2016 and honestly forgot I ever made it until 30 minutes ago when someone pointed a user to my long dead profile in a discord chat. I apologize for the mistake and accept any punishment as a result.

Cheers and thank you : ).

done, it's fine thanks for being honest

I would like to change my nickname for Eyes, my nickname is currently registered with my official name I would like to change it, I do not want to join the community itself using my real name, I have no other reason than this to ask for the nickname

see OP, need 100 posts sorry

I would like to change my nick back to Noblesse Oblige. Cleo-D just isn't good enough as Cleo would have been :pikuh:

rip - tdp

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you remove my ct? It has been 2 months since i changed my nick. Thanks in advance!

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Requesting a name change to Lux92 or Veteran Joe (in that order depending on availibility).

I know I already got a name change, but I haven't gone under Aldertz since January - I've gone under both these names on PS! and Lux on Discord. I understand that this will be my last name change, and I am fine with it.

Proof of ownership (Lux92 and Veteran Joe respectively):

fine - tdp

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 12.28.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 12.33.33 PM.png

Requesting name change to Pais just because is my new name from months in forums etc

gonna be your last change, are you okay w/ this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)