New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
still, unless you already had sunny day up, you will have lost your sub setting it up which means you will still be set up bait, It would be much better to just 2Ko a bulky water with solar beam and them not become set up bait

@gary the gengar actually the calcs are right, I checked them, they do however assume sunny day is up

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
no way are those accurate.....
Although I doubt the usefulness of the set, you are the one wrong here.

522 Atk vs 226 Def & 448 HP (225 Base Power): 417 - 492 (93.08% - 109.82%)

Just an example of the set up against standard Vaporeon with everything activated. (53% chance of a OHKO without SR, 100% with)

It will still be hard to achieve that much damage. Those calculations are ALSO assuming Petaya Berry and Blaze are activated. It needs a lot of set up to work effectively if you ask me, but the outcome is definitely devastating.

Blast Burn isn't worth it when Fire Blast exists (besides 2 Fire moves are redundant anyways). 30 BP (while can make a big difference) is not enough to make someone prefer a move that makes you miss a turn. Do you think people would use Solarbeam is Sunny Day didn't exist?

Regirock @ Leftovers
Clear Body / Careful
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
Swagger
Psych Up
Earthquake
Rock Slide

The set is pretty obvious. Switch into a wall or physical attacker. Shrug off the attack with your ~500 Def and proceed to confuse your opponent and copy their stat boosts. QuakeSlide gives great coverage. The only real threat to this set is, well, any strong special attacker. Any weak special attacker is basically set-up fodder. Swagger can "force" switches, so this set works nicely with entry hazards. Best case scenario: Umbreon Baton Passes Mean Looked Blissey, Swagger 3 times, Psych Up, sweep.

Scizor @ Liechi Berry
Swarm

252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Substitute
Baton Pass
Agility
X-Scissor

Plays identically to Sub-Petaya Empoleon. Swarm, Liechi and STAB (and Scissor's higher attack) give X-Scissor a lot of bite. Unlike Empoleon, this set *wants* something to come in and wall it, as it allows you to Baton Pass to your real sweeper (something like Lucario, Gyarados, Salamence, anything). I tried it with those three and Scizor on the same team, choosing the best sweeper for the occasion. Usually, I weakened the opponent's team with Lucario, set-up Scizor, let it be walled, then went to Mence.
Since I was apparently ignored. And that set (the Charizard one) is a ton of set up for a single kill.

The Scizor set is interesting. Swapping the second attack for a BP to get out of trouble and hand off the boosts to another sweeper is quite tempting. It also helps that nothing is _immune_ to bug. Iron Head might be mentioned as an option over BP.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Regirock @ Leftovers
Clear Body / Careful
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
Swagger
Psych Up
Earthquake
Rock Slide

The set is pretty obvious. Switch into a wall or physical attacker. Shrug off the attack with your ~500 Def and proceed to confuse your opponent and copy their stat boosts. QuakeSlide gives great coverage. The only real threat to this set is, well, any strong special attacker. Any weak special attacker is basically set-up fodder. Swagger can "force" switches, so this set works nicely with entry hazards. Best case scenario: Umbreon Baton Passes Mean Looked Blissey, Swagger 3 times, Psych Up, sweep.
That's already in the other options for Regirock

SubPetaya Charizard's STAB Blast Burn in Sun with Blaze against min HP / max SpDef with boosting nature Blissey:

522 Atk vs 405 Def & 651 HP (225 Base Power): 466 - 549 (71.58% - 84.33%)

Although I agree that such attacks are never useful competitively.

Again my posts are just in response to the notion that Blast burn is 1000% unusable in every situation and you will be swept if u ever even think about using it.

Devastating once. Then it just gets revenge killed, especially at 25%.
If you get down that low, scizor will just come and bp you away though
Pokemon had a sub up!

Blast Burn isn't worth it when Fire Blast exists (besides 2 Fire moves are redundant anyways). 30 BP (while can make a big difference) is not enough to make someone prefer a move that makes you miss a turn. Do you think people would use Solarbeam is Sunny Day didn't exist?
Solar Beam charges first then attacks if blast burn did that, then yes I would never use it

45 BP is a lot, u would lose significant ko's like I originally said, that set is why you would use blast burn and not overheat, fb etc. and what 2 fire moves?

And that set (the Charizard one) is a ton of set up for a single kill.
It will still be hard to achieve that much damage. Those calculations are ALSO assuming Petaya Berry and Blaze are activated. It needs a lot of set up to work effectively if you ask me, but the outcome is definitely devastating.

Really 1 turn of set up is a lot? Well i guess setting up sunny day makes it more than 1 technically...

Ok here's how much set up that set requires...I'm assuming Stealth Rock is up since calculations on Smogon assume stealth rock to be up anyway since it's everywhere. Charizard comes in on something that will switch (now at 50%). Uses sub on the switch, (25% now) Petaya, and Blaze activate. Say Suicune comes in...ok so u OHKO it AND still have your sub up, if something comes out that's slower than you you can blast burn something else. This Charizard is meant for pokemon that like have a bulky water out of the way such as metagross, it's more surefire than most methods because really who's going to hesitate to send their Suicune/Vaporeon etc on a Charizard?

still, unless you already had sunny day up, you will have lost your sub setting it up which means you will still be set up bait, It would be much better to just 2Ko a bulky water with solar beam and them not become set up bait
It's my fault I really shouldn't have said Sunny Day support was optional, it's required pretty much or like I said, you should really just use something else. But it's not like setting up Sunny Day is that difficult, stick this on a sunny day team if nothing else. If you have a sub up, which isnt hard to do at all, you arent set up bait because if they don't attack you while you're recharging, they'll die the next turn.

Though I do have to say that using solar beam on a petaya blaze set isnt a bad idea

But why would you put sunny day on your team just so Charizard can set up? You say you can have a sunny day team, but you can't. Sunny Day sweepers are mostly grass types, or Heatran, so you would get destroyed by fire. If you had Heatran, that would still be your only fire resist. If charizard takes 25% from a fire type move, his set up fails. So your strategy to set up sunny day isn't a very good one.

About that zard: You can always use Focus blast to OHKO T-tar and perhaps Heatran without a -def/s def nature.

Still it's shacky accuracy sucks, but it's almost the same missing one FB and OHKO in the next one that 2HKO with EQ, right?

If Heatran comes to wall you and you're behind your sub Heatran doesn't stand a chance.

Pokemon: Mismagius
Moveset Name: Lead/Utility
Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Taunt
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Timid
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
42/0/140/108/220/0

Quite simple, and it fits my stealth rock weak team very well.

Scarfed Taunt gives you the fastest lead taunt in the game, and with intelligent play, can ensure a stealth rock-less field as long as Mismagius is alive. Mismagius is horrific defensively, but carries a useful resistance to common leads' U-turns, plus even without SpD investment, it can survive lead Heatran's fire blast and continue to serve a utility role late game. It's usefulness isn't really effected by its health, so the point is moot anyhow. The required ev investment in defense and HP is unfortunate, but absolutely required to survive Meteor Mash. Metagross is pretty much the only lead that really threatens Mismagius, most non suicide leads cannot function after a taunt, status-whoring sleep leads are nullified, and no other common lead can really threaten to OHKO Mismagius.

Speaking of EVs, they are used to serve Mismagius's secondary purpose in life, being a check to various dangerous threats that would otherwise be able to sweep a team in the blink of an eye. These include:

Swords Dance Lucario
All variations of Salamence
Dragon Dancing Gyarados
Choice scarfed pokemon below base 100 speed (Stuff like Heatran)

Here's the bad news. Mismagius does a pittance to anything not named Gyarados and Lucario (OHKO and (62.28% - 73.67%) damage respectively) so its main method of checking threats will come at the cost of its own life (though as a last ditch option, surely preferable to losing the game). Mismagius' biggest draw is the ability to stop a SD Lucario sweep dead cold, being immune to Extremespeed and Close Combat, and destiny bonding itself when Crunched/Stone Edge'd onthe turn after the switch in. Destiny bonding works particularly well on things like Metagross and Tyranitar, who ALWAYS think you're going to status them.

Trick is only really viable if you've scouted all of your opponents team; if no fast sweeper poses a threat (i.e., you're playing a stall based team), trick does its standard job of crippling a Blissey/Skarmory/Hippodown.

@ Mr. Darkrai: While that set mat seem to work, it lacks the coverage and is still walled by the same things as the Rock Polish, 3 attack set. Torterra doesn't need Overgrow activated to sweep, since Earthquake + Wood Hammer both have higher base power than Surf(Empoleon) and the latter brings you into Overgrow range naturally.

Wow, this thread has dropped to two stars out of five...
Surely someone has a genius set that they don't know why anyone else didn't think of, rather than a copy of another set with worse moves/item substituted (which I am guilty of doing myself), that they have tested thoroughly, that isn't outclassed by another set that Pokemon already has available...?

Are there any such sets left to make in D/P/P?

...Well, just so I don't get yelled at for not contributing anything, I'll give this set I posted on another forum a shot:

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Substitute
- Endeavor

Mamoswine's massive attack and threatening STABs make it a very scary Pokemon, especially with a 30% power boost. As such, you can often only force it out by predicting around it. With Substitute, this is no longer possible. Sub as a threatened Pokemon such as Salamence switches out, and attack freely. Now, you might say, "Life Orb + Sub costs way too much HP!" Well, it does... however, with Endeavor this is not a bad thing. After a few attacks and Substitutes, you can FEAR (Endeavor then priority attack) a tough opponent down, perhaps even one that you couldn't beat normally, such as Gyarados or Bronzong.

It is highly suggested that this be used in Hail, as Snow Cloak will give you a 20% chance of dodging an attack and keeping your Substitute up, perhaps letting you get a crucial extra hit on a bulky enemy.

It's not the best, and it has counters (Gyarados, most Levitators) but it seemed pretty cool when I thought of it. I just wish Ice Shard was stronger while still being priority. Stone Edge/Bite is possible over Endeavor, I suppose.

Which gets broken on the recharge turn and then he is revenge killed.
Damn a pokemon that can get revenge skilled...wait what pokemon can't? Additionally Charizard outspeeds over 60% of OU, so his odds aren't terrible in getting another blast burn off and once he's gotten rid of the bulky water this Charizard has done its job.

At the end of the day you're pretty much sacrificing Charizard so a pokemon that likes having bulky waters out of the way can sweep, such as Metagross.

. So your strategy to set up sunny day isn't a very good one.
I don't recall outlining a strategy I just said u need to get sunny day up. But if you want a quick one...Uxie sunny day+ U-turn

If nothing else I think we can all agree that is as viable as a Charizard Blast Burn set gets.

Damn a pokemon that can get revenge skilled...wait what pokemon can't? Additionally Charizard outspeeds over 60% of OU, so his odds aren't terrible in getting another blast burn off and once he's gotten rid of the bulky water this Charizard has done its job.

At the end of the day you're pretty much sacrificing Charizard so a pokemon that likes having bulky waters out of the way can sweep, such as Metagross.
The main problem are Stealth rocks, while in th first turn you set up'd blaze+petaya in just 1 turn thanks to them, now if you're in danger to revenge kill, like lucario's ES (1st on breaks the sub, 2nd on kill u)

You can switch to something like Metagross (predicting ES in this scenario and killing with eq) but you won't be able to use the Blaze'd Charizard again until you rid of SR.

SR are so broken that you need 1 turn to set up, while riding off of them it's much harder as Spinners are easy to predict, but that's another topic and I dont think in smogon someone will take that seriously anyways.

pokemon:magmortar
moveset name:mixed revenge killer
move 1:mach punch
move 2:thunderpunch
move 3:fire blast/lava plume
move 4:hp ice/earthquake
item:life orb/expert belt
ability:flame body
nature:mild/rash
evs:252 sp attack/108 attack/148 speed

i used this magmortar with sucess when you get down to the evs and natures

mach punch is your priority move to finish off the target,thunderpunch is used over thunderbolt because it aims at water types lower defense,such as milotic,the others are there for obivous reasons,fire blast would be magmortars main attack but you can replace it with lava plume if you want some burn status as for the last slot hp ice is there to take off altria but earthquake can be used vs other fire types

ya its not that great but could work as a finisher or a good priority wall breaker

I like the concept, I've been messing around with moves like Me First, Mirror Move, and Assist lately. One question: why not Raticate? Only 9 fewer base speed, and quite a bit faster (unless you're running Quick Feet, which, IMO, is overkill).
Sorry for taking a bit to reply to this, but honestly? The biggest reason is the fact that the guy I did the set for was adamant about keeping a Mightyena on his team. The other reason is, with Intimidate, Mightyena is a LOT more durable than Raticate.

I just decided to post my Slaking that I used to use against Garchomp back in the day. I used to use this guy along with a dual-screen support, which made me usually kill at least one pokemon or two during the whole game.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 92 HP/164 Atk/252 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Giga Impact/Double Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake/Sucker Punch/Thunder Punch

This Slaking can deal some massive damage during its short time every now and then as it is switched in and out of the game. This Slaking set can also do something others cannot, with ice punch, it can OHKO a YacheChomp (meh I thought this was interesting and it did pretty well back when I used this guy against Garchomps with my dual-screen support) With reflect, this Slaking can actually take a hit by the SD’d Garchomp’s outrage (with life orb even) and then another (since it is slower) before OHKO’ing him with an Ice Punch. Also, it is capable of doing the same against SDYache Garchomp. YES! Even if he has the yache berry, this Slaking CAN OHKO him with an ice punch as shown below in calculation 1. Furthermore, as shown below, calculation 2 tells us that even the outrage from SD’d Garchomp with the life orb will not even two hit KO this Slaking.

Other Garchomp variants, such as CBChomp, ScarfChomp will be mentioned but these will not be nearly as effective against this Slaking since SDLO is stronger than those two while fast enough to outrun Slaking anyways so Scarf wouldn’t play a major role against Slaking compared to the SDChomp. However, this slaking will have a hard time against ChainChomp as his special defense is frail but then again who can wall all variants of Salamence? This Slaking with the reflect support (or Dual-Screen Support) will be a living nightmare to Garchomps.

The Even attack EV along with adamant is absolutely needed to OHKO YacheChomp. Also, with the high attack and Double Edge, it can even OHKO 0HP/252Def Bold Blissey (another option: Giga Impact). With the high HP and mediocre defense, it can also survive many physical attacks.

As shown below in the calculations, Slaking is able to OHKO many while 2HKO’ing the rest. The pokemons that Slaking cannot OHKO but 2HKO (like Dusknoir, Bronzong, and Skarmory), while not OHKO’d, will not give Slaking major problems as they are walls, which should be dealt with other pokemons such as the wall breakers.

Defensively, while his special side is weak, with his normal typing (except for fighting type moves/pokemons, none is super effective against Slaking) and great HP with defense stats, he will survive numerous attacks and fights, even with his ability truant. I have calculated the damage dealt by the major sweepers of the current metagame from calculations 12 to so on below.

Pokemons such as Lucario, Infernape, Salamence, and Scizor with Superpower will cause problems for Slaking without reflect support (OHKO him). For the most part, however, Slaking can be an incredibly devastating in the right hands as a pokemon who goes in cause massive damage and comes in again. Truant may seem an monstrous hinderance but in the current metagame where players constantly switch pokemons in and out, this should not be such a big problem especially with his high HP and defensive mechanism.

Calculation 1: Slaking’s ice punch vs. 0HP/0Def YacheChomp: 657 Atk vs 226 Def & 358 HP (75 Base Power): 314 - 370 (87.71% - 103.35%)

Calculation 2: SDLO Garchomp’s outrage vs. Slaking (with reflect): 718 Atk vs 399 Def & 464 HP (120 Base Power): 151 - 178 (32.54% - 38.36%)

Calculation 3: Slaking (Double Edge) vs. 0HP/252Def Bold Blissey: 657 Atk vs 130 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 651 - 766 (100.00% - 117.67%)

Calculation 4: Slaking (Giga Impact) vs. 188HP/252Def Bold Vaporeon: 657 Atk vs 240 Def & 448 HP (150 Base Power): 441 - 519 (98.44% - 115.85%)

Calculation 5: Slaking (Sucker Punch) vs. 252HP/228Def Impish Dusknoir: 657 Atk vs 399 Def & 294 HP (80 Base Power): 190 - 224 (64.63% - 76.19%)

Calculation 6: Slaking (Fire Punch) vs. 252HP/80Def Sassy Bronzong: 657 Atk vs 288 Def & 338 HP (75 Base Power): 246 - 290 (72.78% - 85.80%)

Calculation 7: Slaking (Thunder Punch) vs. 0HP/4Def Gyarados: 438 Atk vs 195 Def & 331 HP (75 Base Power): 484 - 572 (146.22% - 172.81%)

Calculation 8: Slaking (Giga Impact) vs. 252HP/40Def Bold Gliscor: 657 Atk vs 330 Def & 354 HP (150 Base Power): 321 - 378 (90.68% - 106.78%)

Calculation 9: Slaking (Earthquake) vs. 4HP Heatran: 657 Atk vs 248 Def & 324 HP (100 Base Power): 760 - 896 (234.57% - 276.54%)

Calculation 10: Slaking (Fire Punch) vs. Standard Skarmory: 657 Atk vs 416 Def & 334 HP (75 Base Power): 170 - 202 (50.90% - 60.48%)

Calculation 11: Slaking (Giga Impact) vs. Standard Swampert: 657 Atk vs 297 Def & 401 HP (150 Base Power): 357 - 420 (89.03% - 104.74%)

Calculation 12: 252Atk Adamant Tyranitar (Crunch) vs. Slaking: 604 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (80 Base Power): 174 - 205 (37.50% - 44.18%)

Calculation 13: 252Atk Adamant Gyarados (Waterfall) vs. Slaking: 574 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (80 Base Power): 216 - 255 (46.55% - 54.96%)

Calculation 14: 252Atk Jolly Gyarados (Waterfall) vs. Slaking: 523 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (80 Base Power): 195 - 231 (42.03% - 49.78%)

Calculation 15: 252Sp.Atk Naïve ScarfTran (Flamethrower) vs. Slaking: 359 Atk vs 166 Def & 464 HP (95 Base Power): 220 - 261 (47.41% - 56.25%)

Calculation 16: 252Sp.Atk Timid Calm Mind-Life Orb Latias (Dragon Pulse) vs. Slaking:[/b] 478 Atk vs 166 Def & 464 HP (90 Base Power): 361 - 426 (77.80% - 91.81%)

Calculation 17: 236Atk. Adamant CB Metagross vs. Slaking: 601 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (100 Base Power): 216 - 255 (46.55% - 54.96%)

Calculation 18: Standard Scizor’s Bullet Punch vs. Slaking: 788 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (60 Base Power): 220 - 261 (47.41% - 56.25%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)