New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
magneton is inferior to magnezone in almost every way. people don't prefer it to magnezone, it's just too overpowering for UU. if you think about the steels: aggron, steelix, etc. a way to trap and make them useless is not good for the uu metagame, considering they are pretty much the only answer to things like swellow.

or something like that. that's what I'd imagine it to be, though I don't have pretty much any UU experience.

Aggron and Steelix are part Ground and Magneton cannot hope to switch in on an EQ. I think you're talking about Bastiodon.

Aggron and Steelix are part Ground and Magneton cannot hope to switch in on an EQ. I think you're talking about Bastiodon.
no. magneton has the move magnet rise and therefore can slowly kill both steelix and aggron (who isn't part ground anyways). bastiodon can beat magneton if he has metal burst as well.

it's like me saying "yea, magnezone can't beat bronzong because he has earthquake and therefore my bronzong should NOT be afraid of magnezones."

Okay, I might as well post it, since no one I asked had ever heard of it, and the battles in which I tested it showed me that way...

Celebi @Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
Calm Mind
Grass Knot
Psychic
HP [Fire]

Calm Mind sweeper set, following Life Orb Suicune's footsteps. Timid with 216 EVs allow it to outspeed 95 Base Speed, namely Electivire. Here are some calculations for your viewing pleasure:

GrassKnot:

: +1 SpA vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD: 100% (Sandstorm boost factored in).

: +1 SpA vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD: 91%-100% (OHKO with LO damage).

: +1 SpA vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD: 81%-95%.

: +1 SpA vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD: 58%-68%.

Psychic:

: +1 SpA vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD: 86%-100%.

: +1 SpA vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD: 88%-100% (OHKO with Stealth Rock).

: +1 SpA vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD: 77%-91%.

HP [Fire]:

: +1 SpA vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD: 97%-100% (OHKO with Stealth Rock).

: +1 SpA vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD: 100%.

: +1 SpA vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD: 91%-100%. (OHKO with Stealth Rock).

: +1 SpA vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD: 62-73%

As you can see, many 2HKOs become OHKOs with Stealth Rock in play. So fit this in an offensive Team and you've got yourselves an unexpected sweeper!

Yeah but since it's special defense is so high you wouldn't need to invest so many EVs into when you could invest it into one of its' weaker stats such as its' defense stat.

Charizard
SDance SubSalac Charizard
Move 1: Fire Punch
Move 2: Swords Dance
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Substitute
Item: Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
Nature(s): Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
IVs: 30 HP

I wanted to make a Swords Dancing Charizard set, since it was only in the Other Options on the analysis, so I thought of a way to get faster, and also abuse Blaze in some ways. I came up with a SDance SubSalacZard idea.

A 30 HP IV allows the Salac Berry to activate at 25% HP, and that's also part of the Blaze range, for boosted power.

Earthquake for Heatran, Fire Punch for Blaze and STAB. Dragon Dance is an option over Swords Dance, along with a different item over Salac Berry.

Damage Calculations (They may be off since they come from MetalKid's calculator):

vs

Swords Danced Charizard Earthquake vs Standard 4 HP Swords Dance Garchomp
Damage: 52.23% - 61.45%
A 2HKO, as SDanceChomp don't usually have Leftovers.

vs

Swords Danced Blaze STAB Charizard Fire Punch vs Standard 252/156 HP/Def Impish Skarmory
Damage: 110.78% - 130.24%
An easy OHKO on Skarmory.

vs

Swords Danced Blaze STAB Charizard Fire Punch vs Standard Calm 252 Def WishBliss
Damage: 91.71% - 107.99%
An OHKO with Stealth Rock or Spikes. A chance without.

vs

Swords Danced Blaze STAB Charizard Fire Punch vs Impish 252/252 HP/Def Gliscor
Damage: 53.11% - 62.43%
Chance to 3HKO due to Leftovers. Stealth Rock guarentees a 2HKO

Wouldn't Dragon Claw/Outrage > Earthquake make more sense on Charizard?

Resisters of Ground + Fire:

Aerodactyl
Altaria
Charizard
Dragonite
Flygon
Gyarados
Ho-oh
Latias
Latios
Lunatone
Mantine
Moltres
Pelipper
Salamence
Solrock

Resisters of Dragon + Fire:

Heatran

Gliscor
"SandTomb Annoyer"
Move 1: SandTomb
Move 2: Sand-Attack
Move 3: Roost / Swords Dance / Baton Pass
Move 4: Toxic / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Baton Pass / Filler
Item: Leftovers / Yache Berry / Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature(s): Impish/Jolly (choice between having ability to wall or Jolly to help in outspeeding some troublesome pokemon)
EVs: I'm thinking about it.

Idea behind this set is simple - annoy. And threat opponents pokemon with Toxic or STAB attacks. Use this in SandStorm teams, to help him avoid damage on him. And it's easier, because not many steels love to switch on Gliscor, expecting STAB Earthquake. Sand-Attack with Sand Veil hax is just evil idea and If I remember it's not illegal. Yache Berry also isn't that bad idea, because it can help you to set up this set on special sweeper, which would love to switch on you. I think after one Sand-Attack on switch and next one in round after, thanks to double use of Sand-Attack and SandVeil hax those special sweepers will have problems with killing you. I put there Swords Dance just to help him lure physical walls to switch on you (if you target on them) and Baton Pass to make Gliscor to work like MeanLook Umbreon or SpiderWeb Ariados. If you use Swords Dance, just use one of his STAB attacks. If not, stay with Toxic. To tell the truth I need to test it, but in theory it looks not that bad. I know that is depends on luck factor, but it can help to screw up some annoying targets. Any ideas on EVs and comments ?

To tell the truth any Sand Veil pokemon can run set similar to this one, even... Garchomp. And Gliscor is the only one, which can use Baton Pass with SandTomb and with Garchomp the best one on defence overall. It's a shame that he doesn't learn Pursuit, then I would use here Screech + Pursuit combination. But Screech isn't that bad also here to screw up some switches even more. And watch out on Taunt users with this set. Also anything with Keen Eye ability (Skarmory for example) counters it without bigger problems. That's all, cheers.

Tyranitar (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Antimetagame DDtar. It basically takes advantage of the people that mostly rely on Garchomp to counter Tyranitar (which is just about everyone in the current metagame). DD once on the switch out and once more when Garchomp Earthquakes, you'll always survive thanks to Shuca Berry while outspeeding all Adamant Scarfchomps. Proceed to dragon claw Garchomp while Stone Edging everything that remains with that 700+ attack of yours. Should Bronzong show it's face? Reply with a swift Fire Punch.

Stone Edge is preffered over Crunch due to it's ability to knock out things such as Gyarados as well as 2hko Gliscor, a basic Tyranitar wall after 2 Dragon Dances.

Alternatively you can use Earthquake over Fire Punch for Heatrans. I wouldn't reccommend this though since Stone Edge should already do enough damage to Heatran.

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Antimetagame DDtar. It basically takes advantage of the people that mostly rely on Garchomp to counter Tyranitar (which is just about everyone in the current metagame). DD once on the switch out and once more when Garchomp Earthquakes, you'll always survive thanks to Shuca Berry while outspeeding all Adamant Garchomps. Proceed to dragon claw Garchomp while Stone Edging everything that remains with that 700+ attack of yours. Should Bronzong show it's face? Reply with a swift Fire Punch.

Stone Edge is preffered over Crunch due to it's ability to knock out things such as Gyarados as well as 2hko Gliscor, a basic Tyranitar wall after 2 Dragon Dances.

Alternatively you can use Earthquake over Fire Punch for Heatrans. I wouldn't reccommend this though since Stone Edge should already take care of Heatran.
Interesting set, I like it. I see it working even in ubers, because so many switches there are Groundon ones. But in a place of Fire Punch only need to put Ice Beam and invest some special attack points from attack to surprise those Groudons in ubers. I'll try it someday in OU and Ubers.

Okay, I might as well post it, since no one I asked had ever heard of it, and the battles in which I tested it showed me that way...

Celebi @Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
Calm Mind
Grass Knot
Psychic
HP [Fire]

Calm Mind sweeper set, following Life Orb Suicune's footsteps. Timid with 216 EVs allow it to outspeed 95 Base Speed, namely Electivire. Here are some calculations for your viewing pleasure:
I'd slap baton pass somewhere, prolly over psychic, so you can pass out those boosts in a fix. cool set!

Interesting set, I like it. I see it working even in ubers, because so many switches there are Groundon ones. But in a place of Fire Punch only need to put Ice Beam and invest some special attack points from attack to surprise those Groudons in ubers. I'll try it someday in OU and Ubers.
how would a sun up double dragon danced fire punch fare against groudon? decently i'd imagine, particularly with previous damage or entry hazards...

"Guts LateGame Cleaner"
Machamp@ Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 210 HP/ 252 Attack/48 Speed
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Move 1: Close Combat
Move 2: Bullet Punch
Move 3: Facade
Move 4: Ice Punch/ ThunderPunch / Payback / Fire Punch / Bulk Up

I know how that Bullet Punch isn't the greatest move, but I think here it's a must, because Machamp is slow as hell anyway and it will help to finish those fast, but fragile sweepers. 48 speed points to outspeed Minimum Speed Weezing or 125 to outspeed minimum speed Skarmory. You can always consider 58 points, to outspeed minimum speed Adamant Choice Band Tyranitar. But I think it's not worth it (I mean Skarmory case). But if you need, then go on and take some points from hp stats to outspeed metal bird. With activated Guts Machamp hits really good 591 attack, which I think in late game it's more then enought to finish things. But I think that scaring something and using Bulk Up to increase it even more on the switch isn't that bad option. PayBack for those psyhic walls, which could try to wall you (Cress, Mesprit, etc.), ThunderPunch for Gyarados, but I don't think it's a must with Facade. Fire Punch for Bronzong. Ice Punch for dragons and Gliscor. Facade is for Weezing, which could wall you and Gyarados/Heracross if you don't have elemental punch for them. Soon I'll post here some damage calculations. I know it's not the most original set, but I think if you need something that hit really hard and doesn't need round for preparation to boost attack, I think it's quite interesting choice.

Actually yes you do. Toxic/Flame Orb activate at the end of the round, once everybody made their move.

Actually yes you do. Toxic/Flame Orb activate at the end of the round, once everybody made their move.
I know about it, but it would be just a waste to use one slot for Protect/Detect to activate Guts safely, but it's always an option. And his overall bulkiness also helps. And still 394 attack for only one round isn't that bad in late game. I think it could work not only in late game, but I think it's the best choice.

The analysis doesn't mention anywhere this set,and i use it massively.Let's say it's the epitome of a defensive poke.Well,there it is:

Scizor@Leftovers
Technician

252 hp/252 def/6atk

Iron Defense
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Roost

What this set does achieve?Well,it stops any non-SD physical attacking poke,and it's probably the best 1X1 poke(the last poke in both teams)
Iron Defense makes it real bulky at physical attacks,while Roost is there for recovery.Note that he's immune to Toxic,which pokes with 50% recovery move really hate.

Then X-Scissor is there for STAB.And Metal Claw.Metal Claw?
50 BP isn't too weak?And it's a steel type attack!!!Well,let me say one thing:Technician.
Technician boosts it to a good 75 BP plus STAB,with a 10% chance of raise attack.One more thing:64 PP!!!!That's probably it's one of the best last pokes 1X1 stall thing.Stell type almost doesn't matter.

Pros:it counters a HUGE list of physical attackind based pokes who can't raise the attack.It can take a surf or two from bulky waters too.Paired well with either Dugtrio or Blissey

Cons::Run like ther's no tomorrow of fire types.They laughs at the set.Stay away from powerful special sweepers too,and phazers.You can't compete with Swords Dance pokes too.But,well,you have another 5 pokes in your team to take care of that.
Any thoughts?

Ok here's my new set for Kecleon and since it's my first there will probably be a lot of mistakes with it so feel free to critique it to its' fullest:

Kecleon@Leftovers/some other useless item for Trick use

Relaxed Nature

EVs:252 HP/200 Def./52 Atk./6 Sp. Def.

-Trick
-Magic Coat
-Brick Break
-Substitute/Trick Room

This set is designed to take status and to swap items with the foe which should screw up the opponents' strategy, Brick Break for some great coverage and so it doesn't get walled by rocks,steels,and other normal types and also dark types. This set only works if Trick Room is set up by your other teammate/s, Substitute and Trick Room are for blocking hits(Substitute) and Trick Room is if well I think you know(if Trick Room runs out). That's my new set for Kecleon and I would like some opinions on it since I know it's not the most perfect set to be ever created:)
well since you've been complaining..........
I've actually been using this really weird magic coat / snatch / fake out / sr @ focus sash lead, and due to the shoddy glitches allowing magic coat to reflect taunt and snatch to steal sr, it's been working okay. the thing about trick is that other stuff like smeargle does the whole tricking thing much better. I guess brick break deserves mention because of breaking barriers, though you should be reflecting taunt at the only barrier setter.

Yeah sorry about all the complaining but it's my first creative moveset I've come up with and would just like peoples' opinions on it so I can create others:)

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Antimetagame DDtar. It basically takes advantage of the people that mostly rely on Garchomp to counter Tyranitar (which is just about everyone in the current metagame). DD once on the switch out and once more when Garchomp Earthquakes, you'll always survive thanks to Shuca Berry while outspeeding all Adamant Scarfchomps. Proceed to dragon claw Garchomp while Stone Edging everything that remains with that 700+ attack of yours. Should Bronzong show it's face? Reply with a swift Fire Punch.

Alternatively you can use Earthquake over Fire Punch for Heatrans. I wouldn't reccommend this though since Stone Edge should already do enough damage to Heatran.
Nice set, but Dragon Claw only hits Garchomp 80% of the time and even less Bright Powder. You might want to include that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)