Need Help With HD PVR

I bought one recently. I connected my xbox component cables into the bottom row of the "in" inputs on the back. I then connected one end of the pvr component cables into the top row on the back. I relayed the pvr component cables over to my tv. I turn the tv, xbox, and pvr on. Nothing happened. I switch over to television, and it worked fine. Back to the xbox input screen, it was still pitch black. I've double and triple checked to make sure that all of the cables were linked into the correct place, that they were in tight enough, but it didn't work. When I linked my computer, it didn't pick up any video signal.

Other information: On the switch that allows you to switch between "HDTV" and "TV", I have it set to HDTV. I plan on using a mac with hdpvrcapture to record footage. The Xbox works fine and audio and video appear normally on the screen when not connected to the PVR. My Xbox is connected to a very old and ancient outlet, but again, I doubt this is the problem because the Xbox works fine when not connected to the PVR. My Xbox settings are set to output video in 1080p.

This image, showing back of PVR, for reference.

This video shows that what I'm doing should be working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)