Pokémon Necrozma

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a total noob question, but is there any particular reason everyone seems to go with Moonlight over Morning Sun on the Stored Power sets? Not that it makes a difference to me, I've just always seen them as interchangeable and the dominance of one over the other just strikes me as curious.
It's most likely just an alphabetical thing. Showdown! lists moves alphabetically and Moonlight just happens to come before Morning Sun. Functionally, there is no difference outside of the obscure Imprison.

I've been seeing a lot of variety in stat spreads. I'm wanting to do a calm mind set like:

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- HP Bug / Flash Cannon / Power Gem
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun

I'm unsure if I should invest fully in bulk, or if I should throw in any speed or SpA investment too. I know some are investing in speed to outspeed Heatran and Bisharp, but honestly I don't see Necrozma holding its own in OU either way. And as for the bulk investment, I've seen a lot of different spreads, and I'm really not sure what to go with.

I've been seeing a lot of variety in stat spreads. I'm wanting to do a calm mind set like:

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- HP Bug / Flash Cannon / Power Gem
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun

I'm unsure if I should invest fully in bulk, or if I should throw in any speed or SpA investment too. I know some are investing in speed to outspeed Heatran and Bisharp, but honestly I don't see Necrozma holding its own in OU either way. And as for the bulk investment, I've seen a lot of different spreads, and I'm really not sure what to go with.
In my personal opinion, Necrozma's stats are better spent on bulk rather than Speed. Having super-defenses alongside Prism Armor and Moonlight/Morning Sun makes Necro absurdly tanky and gives it lots of chances to set up unless the opposing 'Mon has a massive offense stat. Personally I'd go with a -Atk nature since on a Stored Power set you won't be aiming to get OHKOs with the coverage move, you just have it so you aren't walled by Dark-types, and having the Speed untouched means you outrun other bulky stallers. As for +Def or +SpD, I'd go 252 in the one that isn't being boosted, but becoming super tough in one stat can also work if you want it to cover a physical or special weakness on your team.

As for Heatran and Bisharp, the one that walls you depends on what boosting move you have: Calm Mind deals with Heatran, and Iron Defense deals with Bisharp. The catch is that you need to have at least one boost up before they hit you, which means you want them to switch in on Necro. Once those initial boosts are up though, two boosts from Calm Mind stalls out Heatran with Leftovers + Moonlight/Morning Sun (+1 is possible, but requires Heatran to not have a Life Orb or something along those lines), and Bisharp becomes a joke who can't even do half your HP with boosted Knock Off after the +2 from Iron Defense. Ideally you'd want more of your boosts up before they come in, but if your opponent isn't braindead enough to let Necro set up more than one boost, stalling them out can be done, and Necro will come out of the ordeal ready to sweep.

Or, if they have Taunt on them, curse inwardly and switch Necro out immediately. Bring something else to deal with Taunters.

Last edited:
It is not worth it to invest anything into Necrozma's Physical offense? I'm looking at the various moves that it can learn, and there's a lot of variety when it comes to the potential physical attacks it can use like Earthquake, Brick Break, Smart Strike, Shadow Claw, etc.

Also, is it even worth investing in it's low speed at all? The fastest that it can go is 282 and it already has access to speed-based moves like Trick Room and Gyro Ball.

Probably not. That'd be like using a physical Mewtwo pre-X. It can, but it's not worth the damage loss and low BP moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)