Pokémon Necrozma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necrozma

#800 Necrozma-The Prism Pokémon
Resists-

Weakness-

Immunities- None
Ability- Prism Armor: Reduces the power of Super Effective moves used against this Pokémon by 25%
Stats-
97 HP / 107 Atk / 101 Def / 127 SpA / 89 SpD / 79 Spe (600 Total)
Level Up
Start - Moonlight
Start - Morning Sun
Start - Charge Beam
Start - Mirror Shot
Start - Metal Claw
Start - Confusion
L7 - Slash
L13 - Stored Power
L19 - Rock Blast
L23 - Night Slash
L31 - Gravity
L37 - Psycho Cut
L43 - Power Gem
L47 - Autotomize
L53 - Stealth Rock
L59 - Iron Defense
L67 - Wring Out
L73 - Prismatic Laser

TMs

TM03 - Psyshock
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM56 - Fling
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM59 - Brutal Swing
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

New Move:

Prismatic Laser: The user shoots powerful lasers using the power of a prism. The user can't move on the next turn. 100% accuracy [Psychic] 160 BP, Special.

General Analysis:
A great ability alongside high offensive as well as defensive stats and having access to moves such as swords dance,rock polish,calm mind and stealth rock Necrozma offers a lot of promise.But being a Mono-psychic type and a shallow movepool and Sub-Par speed doesn't help it at all.More than that,The real trouble it seems to face is competition from other psychic types with its only niche over the other psychic types being its mixed defensive and offensive capabilities, and its ability which too isn't as great as Slowbro's regenerator and Reuniclus's magic guard as u don't want to sit on Super effective attacks even when u are gonna take comparatively less amount of damage from those

Potential Movesets

Weakness Policy
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Psychic/Stored Power
- Dark Pulse
- Brick Break

With Prism Armor Necrozma can take most of the super effective moves and can set up on it with Rock Polish.Psychic for strong reliable STAB but stored power can also be used as after a rock polish and weakness policy boost its BP is 140 and makes it extremely powerful though it is completely useless unless u can sweep.Dark pulse to take on Aegi and opposing psychic types and Brick Break can help it take on common dark types In Ou like TTar,bisharp and also Heatran.The Speed EVs makes sure u outspeed scarf Latios at +2 and also speed creeping M-heracross before any boosts.Rock Polish should be used over Automotize(no need for style points) as Celesteela and Mega aggron both get only 2hko ed by +2 SpA Necrozma and their heavy Slam deals a good amount of damage to Necrozma. Timid Nature should be used over naive or hasty so that Necrozma can take most Super Effective moves.(Even a negative natured Brick break can ohko banded and scarfed variants of Ttar at +2 and can 2hko all variants of Heatran at +2)

Calm Mind
Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def(Iron defense)
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Iron defense/Hp Bug
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

Prism Armor is what that makes Necrozma completely different from other calm mind users such as slowbro and reuniclus.With Prism Armor Necrozma can survive Supereffective moves much easier than other CM users and also has a higher speed and offensive power than Reuniclus and Slowbro.
It also has access to stored power which both of the above mentioned lack. After an Iron Defense and Calm mind boost no move can Ohko Necrozma but for the cost of getting walled by Opposing Dark types.Hp bug is also an option to take on opposing dark and psychic types. Dark types go really well with Necrozma as they can pursuit trap opposing psychic types that trouble Necrozma and the the later can boost on opposing fighting types which generally come on dark types.

Defensive
Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

This set utilizes Necrozma's Bulk to take on fighting types and physical attackers such as Mega-Loppuny,Medicham-M,Banded Terrakion and M-Metagross while being able to provide utility in the form of stealth rock and spreading paralysis,Its psychic also hits much harder than other defensive psychic types such as mew and slowbro while also being bulkier than Reuniclus and Starmie.

Mixed Offensive Stealth Rock
Necrozma @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse/X-Scissor
- Earthquake/Brick Break

Life Orb Necrozma hits hard and also has a move slot to use stealth rock and is quite bulky too especially on the physical side.This set can generally be used on offensive teams that require a Stealth rocker as Necrozma is capable of maintaining offensive pressure which offensive teams need while also being a decently reliable stealth rocker.Dark Pulse can be used to hit aegi and opposing psychic types while X-Scissor can be used to hit the same psychic pokemons except Jirachi,Victini and Metagross but also being able to take on dark types.Earthquake to hit heatran and Magnezone but also to take on steel types such as Metagross if X-Scissor is chosen,Brick Break to hit Ttar,m-gyarados and bisharp.The Speed evs allow Necrozma to out speed creep jolly bisharp and breloom,Heatran and Mega Heracross

Conclusion:With a great ability,Good Defensive as well as offensive stats Necrozma could have been a great threat in OU but the bad mono-psychic typing,a shallow movepool and a sub-par speed has let it down.With psychic being one of the most common types in OU it faces a lot of competition from mega-garde,alakazam and mega medicham and m-metagross in the offensive department and slowbro,jirachi,mew and reuniclus in the defensive department.Its new signature move is also useless just being a slightly powerful hyperbeam and its recovery options have only 8pp is dependent on weather.Its good attack stat and access to swords dance doesn't make it any good as psycho cut is the strongest stab it has.To make matters worse it can't even learn Hp fighting. It still has some amount of things going for it, mainly being its ability and its access to stealth rock,thunder wave,rock polish to improvise its speed and it is Attacks are not something to be taken lightly even when running a defensive set.Overall,With other psychic types in OU having better uses it will Definitely struggle to perform in OU but it still has a great potential to become a class threat In Ru and an occasional pick in UU

Last edited:
Reactions: Edu
I think this mon is a lot better than people give it credit for.
The first night the ladder was up I trolled quiet a few people with a trash Iron def/calm mind/moonlight/stored power set haha.

Seriously though, very solid mon, great ability, and reliable recovery.
It get's rocks, and has decent stats, but with so many threats upon us right now, it's definitely going to be overshadowed for a while.

Tory

Banned deucer.
I love the Ultra Beast Pokemon, some people on Pokemon Showdown don't like the designs, I love them. I tried one of them with a Z move (Pheromosa).

Necrozma with Rock Polish? I will try that one first, It remind me of Agility+Metagross, since I like that.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
This mon is sick.

I've been using the Rock Polish set (though I used automotize) but I ran 204 speed only, to outspeed scarf genesect at +2.

Also tried calm mind but with a bit of a different set

Necrozma @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind

Black Hole Eclipse is a pretty sick move as it punishes Aegislash heavy for switching in, as well as doing a decent chunk to most other mons if you need a nuke.

I love the Ultra Beast Pokemon, some people on Pokemon Showdown don't like the designs, I love them. I tried one of them with a Z move (Pheromosa).

Necrozma with Rock Polish? I will try that one first, It remind me of Agility+Metagross, since I like that.
Necrozma is a Legendary Pokemon, not an Ultra Beast. :P

-----

I like the design and the ability is nice, but I feel that offensively it's just outclassed (Megakazam and Megagross in particular), and defensively its superior defensive stats simply aren't enough compared to Reuniclus' Magic Guard, Slowbro's Regenerator, and both mons' more reliable (and higher PP) recovery moves. It can outspeed and hit Mega Scizor hard with HP fire and can tank a U-Turn from it quite comfortably with investment, which is nice for a Psychic type, but I feel like it's just not got the optimal stat distribution to make use of its movepool and ability to the fullest potential. It has its uses, but I don't feel like it will have enough of a niche in the longrun to be a choice OU mon. Whether that turns out to be true, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and that grammar in the General Analysis is cancerous.

If Necrozma has a niche, it'll probably be because of Z-moves. Most of the mons I can think of that outclass it offensively are megas.

Worth mentioning that it gets a 200BP Shattered Psyche from Prismatic Laser.

Necrozma is a sad case of a monster with a nice ability and a good movepool (consisting of attacking, set-up and support moves). The only things holding it back are that Spe, but it is workable, and the fact that many Psychics outclass it.

It is generally outclassed by WoW Mew, which is bulkier (taking in account WoW on the physical side) and faster. It is less specialized when we look at the stats, but Nasty Plot makes up even for this...

Am I missing something? Because when I try to put HP Fight on Necrozma, it says that it is illegal. Necrozma is a legendary and therefore "must have 3 perfect IV's". HP Fighting requires that, at most, only two IV's can be perfect... I feel like the solution is either very obvious and I'll be embarrassed for missing it, or nobody has actually tested these sets... Or it was recently changed, who knows.

Am I missing something? Because when I try to put HP Fight on Necrozma, it says that it is illegal. Necrozma is a legendary and therefore "must have 3 perfect IV's". HP Fighting requires that, at most, only two IV's can be perfect... I feel like the solution is either very obvious and I'll be embarrassed for missing it, or nobody has actually tested these sets... Or it was recently changed, who knows.
That message popped up even for me when i was testing it but then I found out that u can use any Ev spread with it having atleast 3 perfect EVs(It doesn't need to be a viable ev spread for Hp fighting) and still use Hp fighting but I don't know how it will work after the beta though.

Some replays of Necrozma sweeping while using HP fighting

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-479785347
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-479890355
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-479899330
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-479780263
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-479783349

This mon is sick.

I've been using the Rock Polish set (though I used automotize) but I ran 204 speed only, to outspeed scarf genesect at +2.

Also tried calm mind but with a bit of a different set

Necrozma @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind

Black Hole Eclipse is a pretty sick move as it punishes Aegislash heavy for switching in, as well as doing a decent chunk to most other mons if you need a nuke.
Rock Polish should be used over Automotize(no need for style points) as Celesteela and Mega aggron both get only 2hko ed by +2 SpA Necrozma and their heavy Slam deals a good amount of damage to Necrozma.

+2 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela: 222-262 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Necrozma Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela: 170-201 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Necrozma: 150-177 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO(after automotize its BP is 120)

+2 252 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Aggron: 267-315 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Necrozma Hidden Power Fighting vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 229-271 (66.7 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (40 BP) vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Necrozma: 76-90 (22.1 - 26.2%) -- 6.9% chance to 4HKO(after Automotize its BP will become 80)

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Rock Polish should be used over Automotize(no need for style points) as Celesteela and Mega aggron both get only 2hko ed by +2 SpA Necrozma and their heavy Slam deals a good amount of damage to Necrozma.
Oh for sure, I just didn't see rock polish in the moveset honestly

Now what move to use on the last slot now HP fighting isn't available?
U can use Hp Fighting for now if you use any Ev spread with atleast 3 perfect Evs(It doesn't need to be a viable ev spread for Hp fighting).I need to get myself clarified on what Happens after the beta version.If Necrozma is unable to run Hp fighting after the beta version then Brick break is the best option as even a negative natured Brick Break can ohko Standrad Scarf and Banded variants of TTar at +2

+2 0- Atk Necrozma Brick Break vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 380-448 (103.8 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0- Atk Necrozma Brick Break vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 196-232 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0- Atk Necrozma Brick Break vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 412-488 (151.4 - 179.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0- Atk Necrozma Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 192-226 (58 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The only reason I can find to use power gem will be to take care of mandibuzz.

Necrozma being able to use HP fighting is obviously a bug. It is not legitimately possible in the games because even though you can Hyper Train, you can't have any starting EV spread on gen 6 or 7 legendaries with less than 3 perfect IVs. This was an issue in VGC last year too. It is probably being allowed because "HP is no longer tied to EV spread" is being mistakenly applied universally.

I'm not a fan of saying "you can use it for now" because it's basically encouraging bug abuse.

may be they need to apply this rule for HP Fighting (Is there any other HP that this is required?) to 3DS legends, even older pokes that can get HP Fighting in older games, but cannot get it in newer games for the sake of VGC legitimacy?

may be they need to apply this rule for HP Fighting (Is there any other HP that this is required?) to 3DS legends, even older pokes that can get HP Fighting in older games, but cannot get it in newer games for the sake of VGC legitimacy?
It's just Fighting that has this issue afaik.

And yeah, in VGC formats the restriction would have to be applied to all legendaries.

Necrozma being able to use HP fighting is obviously a bug. It is not legitimately possible in the games because even though you can Hyper Train, you can't have any starting EV spread on gen 6 or 7 legendaries with less than 3 perfect IVs. This was an issue in VGC last year too. It is probably being allowed because "HP is no longer tied to EV spread" is being mistakenly applied universally.

I'm not a fan of saying "you can use it for now" because it's basically encouraging bug abuse.
I didn't know much about VGC legitimacy,Hyper Training and Necrozma learning Hp fighting was possible by only taking advantage of a bug and I Thank You so much for pointing this out to me.I don't wish to encourage bug abuse So guess I will change the movesets Of Necrozma.

I've found it does a good job of setting up rocks when paired with Aeg and a fairy (I use Tapu Fini for a defense core).

Surprised not to see a support-lead set up there. I've been running this set with great effectiveness as a lead:

Necrozma @ Light Clay
252 HP/252 Def/4Sp.Def

Bold Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic

With Necrozma's natural bulk; and Prism Armor; it's really easy for Necrozma to take a few hits; especially as it sets up the appropritate screen. Far more often than not; I've had Necrozma set up SR and Duel Screens and still survive to come back later in the game and set up a screen again. Works very well on a bulky offensive team, and Wish support makes it even easier for it to re-set.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So regarding the HP Fighting thing, isn't there the new IV mechanic where you can make your IVs perfect anyway? I'm not too knowledgeable on that so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. I went on Showdown and gave Necrozma HP Fighting and then just altered its IVs to be perfect and it works just fine. Would this still be illegal or what?

So regarding the HP Fighting thing, isn't there the new IV mechanic where you can make your IVs perfect anyway? I'm not too knowledgeable on that so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. I went on Showdown and gave Necrozma HP Fighting and then just altered its IVs to be perfect and it works just fine. Would this still be illegal or what?
The new way of IV training doesn't alter the hidden power of the pokemon. So it's possible in game to catch an hp fighting Necrozma, then train it to have 6 31 stats, and it will retain the hidden power type as fighting, rather than it being changed to dark.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't alter the actual IVs at all, it just changes the stats to what they would be if the IV was 31.
E2: Karxrida is right, hp fighting necrozma can't be caught in the first place, sadly.

Last edited:
Hmm, OU at best from the looks of it
>Psychic isn't a bad typing, but not a great one either
>Slowish speed but not slow enough for Trick Room (imo) means it may only work with Sticky Web
>Attack and Sp. Atk are alright, not enough to make it shine out amongst other Sp. Attackers
>Movepool is lacking, the offensive moves it gets don't have the best coverage but it has a great Defensive movepool
>Despite having a defensive ability, Sp. Atk is its highest stat

It's not a bad mon, but for a Special Attacker, it hasn't got the best movepool to suit this stat, however with good HP and defences being 97/101/89 and having a Varient of Filter, it could be a decent Screen Setter

252 HP and Def, 0Atk IVs
Light Clay/Leftovers
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Recover/Stealth Rock
-Filler Attacking move here

Let's just hope there's move tutors in the next game that will bless this 'mon with some much needed coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)