NCAA Football 2012 Thread

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, how bout that huh. And here I was being happy the SEC WON'T be in the championship game

The BCS can't die any sooner.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Which is worse, an OT loss to a top 10 team in Stanford, or a 5 point loss to a top 10 in Texas A&M? I'll take Bama over Oregon because Oregon's one best attribute was their ability to score 50 a game, and if Stanford can stop that, ND can as well, whereas Bama still has its bruising defense which wasn't taken advantage of too much in the A&M game. Also, is this the perfect storm for OSU to end the season AP #1?
Eh, Alabama's defense was pretty so-so in both the LSU and A&M games.

What I fear the most is that USC will beat Notre Dame and Georgia will beat Bama, setting up for a Cocktail Party Game of the Century II: Part II: Electric Boogaloo which ends 7-6 on a Driskell pick-six.

Which is worse, an OT loss to a top 10 team in Stanford, or a 5 point loss to a top 10 in Texas A&M? I'll take Bama over Oregon because Oregon's one best attribute was their ability to score 50 a game, and if Stanford can stop that, ND can as well, whereas Bama still has its bruising defense which wasn't taken advantage of too much in the A&M game. Also, is this the perfect storm for OSU to end the season AP #1?
The winner of Georgia-Alabama will have beaten two top 5 teams on the year. Oregon's best win was over a soon-to-be unranked USC team. Unless the winner of that game loses next week, they'll be playing in the NCG.

Well the BCS implodes again. If USC somehow beats Notre Dame, the NC game will most likely be Winner of the SEC-Championship vs. Florida (if they're ranked above Oregon).
Florida still has to get past Florida State, the toughest test any of the top 10 teams has to face next week. In the event ND loses, I think it'll be something like Oregon > SEC loser > ND > K-State/Florida/LSU. I can't imagine Oregon dropping further than #5 this week, after ND/Bama/UGA/UF, and they have 2 games against ranked opponents to jump Florida and the loser of the SEC championship game.

Yeah, just like the media I seem to have forgotten that Stanford controlled its own destiny in the Pac-12 North. Oops.

Funny, if Stanford wins they'd have to play UCLA two weeks back to back. Hell, it'd probably be better for UCLA if they lose next week so they can avoid Oregon in the championship game!

Matt Barkley's going to be out for their game against Notre Dame on Saturday. It looks like the national championship game is going to be ND vs Bama/UGA, because it's highly unlikely those three will lose to USC/Auburn/Georgia Tech this week.

Neither of ND, Alabama, Georgia or Florida deserve to win the National Championship if you ask me.

Notre Dame is still the same old Notre Dame, and hasn't played an SEC caliber defense.
Alabama has a highly overrated defense, that got shredded by LSU and Texas A&M; padding their stats against weaker teams.
Georgia is a sham, owning only a fluky win over Florida in a game that was horribly called.
And Florida still doesn't have a dominant enough O-Line to win it all.

One of them will win it, but if you ask me, LSU is the best team in the country.

Neither of ND, Alabama, Georgia or Florida deserve to win the National Championship if you ask me.

Notre Dame is still the same old Notre Dame, and hasn't played an SEC caliber defense.
Alabama has a highly overrated defense, that got shredded by LSU and Texas A&M; padding their stats against weaker teams.
Georgia is a sham, owning only a fluky win over Florida in a game that was horribly called.
And Florida still doesn't have a dominant enough O-Line to win it all.

One of them will win it, but if you ask me, LSU is the best team in the country.
Notre Dame played a harder schedule this year than most of the top SEC teams... If they go undefeated they deserve to be there even if they didnt go undefeated the way you wanted

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Johnny Football to lead A&M over Alabama in Tuscaloosa this week, go ahead and quote me.
Yeahhhhhhhh buddy. And with that win (along with his thrashing in every other game), Manziel has secured himself the Heisman. Gig em.

don't care who you were rooting for, but that was an amazing game down to the very last play.

Alabama will win the national championship again for the same reason they won today, because their offensive line is better than anyone else's in the entire country.

double post because rumors

Northern Illinois appears to have been ranked #16 in the BCS, thus pushing Oklahoma out of a spot in the BCS bowls.

What a fucking joke this system is. 11-2 Georgia, 10-2 LSU, 10-2 A&M, 10-2 South Carolina, 10-2 Oklahoma, 10-2 Clemson, and 9-3 Oregon State all get left out of BCS bowls. Instead, we get 10-2 Northern Illinois, 8-5 Wisconsin, and 10-2 Louisville. Are you fucking kidding me?

The national championship game and the Fiesta Bowl (Kansas State - Oregon) will be great games. Aside from that, we get Florida-Louisville (lol), Florida State-Northern Illinois (...), and Stanford-Wisconsin (meh). This is insane.

The next best games that should be BCS games are probably the Cotton Bowl (A&M - Oklahoma) and the Chick-fil-a bowl (LSU-Clemson).

Outside of Alabama vs ND and Oregon vs K-State, this bowl season is gonna suuucckkkk....

Florida State vs Northern Illinois......I know Jordan Lynch is a beast, but come on. However, it would be hilarious as hell if FSU loses here.

Not sure how I feel about Louisville vs Florida. I would've rather seen Oklahoma vs. Florida.

Stanford vs. 8-5 Wisconsin. Has a 8-5 team EVER gotten into the Rose Bowl to begin with? Anyway, I see Stanford's run defense shutting down Wisconsin's run game big time.

Suddenly Oklahoma got the Boise State treatment. Nebraska's hard faceplant and the godawful Big East season ruined everything lol.

OU / Texas A&M and LSU / Clemson look like solid bowl games. South Carolina / Michigan...hmm.

EDIT: If you like wild shootouts, Baylor / UCLA might be the game for you.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bowl games and shit.

I am doing pretty well in the pool so far! [/something]

The SEC is overrated bullshit. Voters need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that like always the SEC, Pac 10, and Big 12 are all equal (although the Big 12 really fucked itself running Nebraska out of town).

I was at the Sugar Bowl (I'm from Louisville). It was amazing, and Florida should be ashamed not only for losing, but because we had like twice as many fans there as they did and the distance to New Orleans difference isn't even close. #3 selling 7,000 tickets to a BCS game is a complete joke. Glad we earned the Big East at least some respect, even if we're jumping from this sinking ship for the ACC (which isn't much better of a football conference imo, but at least the basketball will be good). It would be awesome if Notre Dame won, but I don't see it happening ever because even if the SEC is overrated, Bama's raw talent is unmatched.

Louisville deserved that win more than Florida simply because of ticket sales. But watching Bridgewater play that game... how did Louisville lose a game?!

It's bad when you consider the fact that the BBVA Compass Bowl and the Music City Bowl both had more ticket sales (hell they sold out). From what I can tell, the Sugar Bowl had the least ticket sales of all the SEC bowls. That or the Gator Bowl.

Also Louisville probably would've been undefeated if they didn't lose their starting tailback. The two games after he went down, their offense struggled (they lost to UConn. That says enough). And Louisville's defense isn't exactly sturdy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)