Project National Dex Bazaar

Hi everyone. i want to show a team that i don't know if the world is ready for

Work Up Char Y Webs
:Ribombee: :Charizard-Mega-Y: :Dragapult: :Great Tusk: :Gholdengo: :Kingambit:
(click on sprites for team)
I've reached 1850 on my main with this and peaked 1799 on a new alt and it's pretty fun to use. Work up char y can be pretty threatening once it gets to set up and can 2 shot toxapex which is pretty huge
Here's some calcs to show work up char y's power.
+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Scorching Sands vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 188-222 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult in Sun: 296-348 (93.3 - 109.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite in Sun: 117-138 (36.2 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite in Sun: 234-276 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu in Sun: 294-346 (57.1 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 277-327 (65.9 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now time to talk about the rest of the members here
:Ribombee:
is the main lead for the team (obviously) and has skill swap to remove magic bounce and set up webs.
It also has defog in case of an emergency

:Dragapult:
tera fighting helps bait out gambit and also can go through garg and other steels. It also has lum to not get crippled by status and allows it to set up in front of some mons like heatran and clodsire.

:Great Tusk:
Reason is obvious but basically it pairs well with char y and clears hazards for it. It runs icium z for flying and dragon types
like zapdos and pult.

:Gholdengo:
lele check and helps keep webs up.

:Kingambit:
good endgame mon. Pursuit is to help trap mons that might be annoying for yard and is a solid wall breaker.

That's all and have fun with this team!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. i want to show a team that i don't know if the world is ready for

Work Up Char Y Webs
:Ribombee: :Charizard-Mega-Y: :Dragapult: :Great Tusk: :Gholdengo: :Kingambit:
(click on sprites for team)
I've reached 1850 on my main with this and peaked 1799 on a new alt and it's pretty fun to use. Work up char y can be pretty threatening once it gets to set up and can 2 shot toxapex which is pretty huge
Here's some calcs to show work up char y's power.
+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Scorching Sands vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 188-222 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult in Sun: 296-348 (93.3 - 109.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite in Sun: 117-138 (36.2 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite in Sun: 234-276 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu in Sun: 294-346 (57.1 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now time to talk about the rest of the members here
:Ribombee:
is the main lead for the team (obviously) and has skill swap to remove magic bounce and set up webs.
It also has defog in case of an emergency

tera fighting helps bait out gambit and also can go through garg and other steels. It also has lum to not get crippled by status and allows it to set up in front of some mons like heatran and clodsire.

:Great Tusk:
Reason is obvious but basically it pairs well with char y and clears hazards for it. It runs icium z for flying and dragon types
like zapdos and pult.

:Gholdengo:
lele check and helps keep webs up.

good endgame mon. Pursuit is to help trap mons that might be annoying for yard and is a solid wall breaker.

That's all and have fun with this team!
Lovely team, you got a few replays perhaps?

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Cresselia DragMag Ft. Kingambit
:cresselia: :magnezone: :garchomp: :dragapult: :kingambit: :rotom-wash:
A team I built primarily around the combo of cresselia + magnezone, in order to remove common cresselia answer kingambit and cause general annoyance to your opponent

@ :kee-berry:
LAYERS (Cresselia) (F)
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 152 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

This set is incredibly evil, just by sponging a resisted hit from common pokemon like zamazenta or mmedi, you can gain a massive +1 def that allows you to 1v1 sd gambit. The evs are set so you can outspeed most things creeping defensive ghold, alongisde enough spa evs to always 2hko non-lefties gambit at +3 spa with moonblast, rest in hp and defense for the best bulk. shockingly effective at ending games when magnezone removes a steel or two

@ :chople-berry:
VIOLENCE (Magnezone)
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 16 SpA / 60 SpD / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One of the most important pokemon on the team, magnet pull + tera fighting allows this to both trap and ko kingambit, unless it uses its tera to shed its steel typing and fighting weakness to escape, hp fire is for ferrothorn and mscizor, and volt switch is for general utility and skarmory. I did testing with both chople and scarf, and scarf felt less consistent, so I stuck with chople in the end alongside having enough evs to outspeed defensive tran

@ :Dragonium-Z:
UNDERGROUND SHIT (Garchomp)
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Entering into the dragon part of Dragmag, I'm using sd z garchomp here, as it's a fairly reliable rock setter that's able to quickly take over games if your opponent's speed control is taken out early. Also helps loads vs charizard-mega-y, as it can easily switch in, take a resisted hit and ohko back with z outrage. Spikes is also a good option here, but I went with rocks as I just found them to be easier to use

@ :choice-specs:
MAKE A MOVE (Dragapult)
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
This pokemon is really not ok, it's got stupidly consistent matchups vs a large majority of the tier, and with tera you can ohko almost anything with draco meteor. U turn here is really helpful for maintaining momentum, as you can bait kingambit or their other steels in to trap with magnezone, I chose hydro pump over fire blast as I'm less worried about kingambit since I have magnezone as well as garchomp on the team, both of whom have solid matchups. The main benefits of hydro pump are being able to 2hko heatran without rocks up as well as having a good roll to ohko physically defensive lando from full. Tera ghost is also a good option if you just want to spam shadow ball

1690566096469.png @ :leftovers:
THE ULTIMACY (Kingambit)
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
If leftovers sd kingambit is wrong then I don't wanna be right. This pokemon is such a great anti-bullshit tool vs such a large majority of the metagame that it's going to pull its weight in basically every single matchup you can think of. I'm running leftovers since I've found it to be the most consistently performing set, but glasses is usable if you want to ohko everything with sucker punch

@ :leftovers:
PLANET / /SHAPER (Rotom-Wash)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
Fogger washtom fit great on this team, it's a fairly staunch water resist that's able to force some nasty 50/50s on rain, especially when it's able to either wisp mpert or trap ferrothorn off the lead matchup. While its lack of recovery isn't ideal, wisp support as well as hazard control make invaluable to the team. It's also a great pivot, which is good for keeping up momentum with dragapult or garchomp

thrid sample team
Recover+ Adamant Low kick Mega Medicham peaked top 10
:sm/Medicham-Mega: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Clodsire: :sv/moltres: :sv/skarmory: :sv/slowbro:

Medicham has always been one of my favourite pokemon and after it finally got i close combat this gen i knew i had to try it out and ended up peaking top 10 on the ladder with it
https://pokepast.es/8fe65af6ca9ed0b2
why is my gxe always so low no matter how high i get
1690836650784.png

1690840955266.png
:sm/Medicham-Mega:
Low Kick over Close Combat to avoid the defensive drops, an Adamant nature to maximize Medicham's attacking power, and Psycho Cut to handle common threats like Moltres, Zapdos, and Volcarona that could cripple Medicham with status conditions. Plus although adamant gets outsped by tusk i have many ways to deal with tusk and as it dies to future sight form slowbro. Finally recover allows me to come in on garg ferro gliscor not have to worry about stall and also beat Toxapex 1 on 1

:sv/Kingambit:
gambit is gambit av allows gambit to check gholdengo dragapult hoopa with pursuit whilst beating the psychic types medicham cant beat

:sv/Clodsire:
for some reason i run clod on every team i use as its juts a soft check to every set up mon

:sv/skarmory:
skarm capable of completely walling some of the best Pokémon in the tier, including Kingambit, Dragonite, Scizor, Phys Pult, Rilaboom, Great Tusk, and Kartanna. With only 96 Speed EVs, Skarmory is often used to pivot into these Pokémon and set up hazards to wear down the opposing team. someone said im running stall cause im using skarm but to me no item skarm is the only check to tera dark gambit that mon is truly scary

:sv/moltres:
moltres checks charizard and scizor whilst being one of the phew mons who can defog on gholdengo

:sv/slowbro:
Using Slowbro alongside Medicham provides some strategic benefits. Slowbro's utility lies in its ability to switch in safely, allowing Medicham to come in without taking much damage. Additionally, Slowbro has access to Future Sight, which can be used to wear down defensive walls like Donphan and Zapdos.

replays

6 0 VS STALL
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914270837

6 0 vs stall again
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914738396
6 0 with tapu fini variant
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914745673-20dq1qtzya7uefgepsuna3hwreoowjfpw
1800s game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914311111-e9d39ssx8lrz41sytsvrtyv862pw9m5pw
1800s game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914292577-esc6b4riegii88ky42uqbla9nq1h1rbpw
1800s game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1914248533-dxaav0b876jh2kb5t6r0bcbndlw0qkypw

THREATS

:sv/heatran:
single handedly 6 0s my team with ease it is the sole reason im running poison jab clod, low kick medicham, and i have significant spdef evs on slowbro if this thing has taunt/toxic its instant game over i ve dropped like 200 points on heatran matchups alone im even running max spdef moltres with pressure for erruption heatran the only way to deal with it is to bait gambit then tera dark sucker but other than that everytime it comes in it gets a kill

:sv/charizard:
charizard x has the same problem as tran but can be worn down by rocks and scald

:sv/kyurem: :sv/suicune:

stall on steroids covet cloak tera water haze clod is the only way to be suicuine

That's all and have fun with this team! gonna go for rank 1 once troll drops

Last edited:

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
:sv/skarmory:
skarm capable of completely walling some of the best Pokémon in the tier, including Kingambit, Dragonite, Scizor, Phys Pult, Rilaboom, Great Tusk, and Kartanna. With only 96 Speed EVs, Skarmory is often used to pivot into these Pokémon and set up hazards to wear down the opposing team. someone said im running stall cause im using skarm but to me no item skarm is the only check to tera dark gambit that mon is scary
Really like the team, id recmmend rockium Z on skarm over no item as you can boost defence one stage while setting up stealth rocks and it has no drawbacks vs running no item since you still cant be knocked

NDLT Team Dump

Rare Forum Post. Here is every team I used during NDLT with a small description on how they work.

Teams which would be a sample submission if I had more replays
:enamorus: :serperior: :shuckle: :kingambit: :great tusk: :dragapult:
https://pokepast.es/1fece8a058f4f77b
The classic which started it all. Lead with :shuckle: in 99% of cases unless the opponent has :urshifu-rapid-strike: or :hatterene:, then lead :dragapult: or :serperior:. Like all hyper offense you need to play super aggressive and win fast, luckily the team has the tools to do so.
:enamorus: at this time was a newcomer from home, and it seems like a perfect fit with webs. If you get an evasion boost from defog then the opponent will have a horrible time dealing with you, especially if you get a sub up. Superpower is fantastic to make revenge killing even harder and is perfect for destroying :chansey:, :blissey:, tyranitar:/:tyranitar-mega:, :ferrothorn:, :kingambit: and various tera steel pokemon. Moonblast hits super hard off 135 special attack and the special attack investment means you can appropriately pressure :toxapex:. Tera fighting makes superpower hit a big harder and makes the snowball even stronger. At times I did wish I had tera ground (especially when loading into :venusaur-mega: 7 times in a row).
:serperior: is the 2nd defog punish against mons which enamorus doesn't like (:rotom-wash: and the rare defog :tapu koko:) and works to lure in steels, :charizard-mega-y: and :volcarona:. Play it like the flowchart serp. Glare->Sub->Keep Sub up->Leaf Storm. It's usually a safe bet to double on an incoming :heatran to :enamorus:. Tera fire makes it so opposing serp (big threat to webs) can't kill you with +2 HP fire and so you can destroy it and miscellanious threats like :gholdengo:, :venusaur-mega:, :scizor-mega: and :kingambit:. Tera fire makes it so you can take :charizard-mega-y: weather ball in a pinch and glare it for a teammate.
:shuckle: does what it always does. Sticky web -> Rocks -> Die. Tera ghost is there to live tera water banded :urshifu-rapid-strike: and prevent spin at all costs but its not really worth it most of the time.
:kingambit: doesn't need an explanation, max attack and max speed to outspeed mons who normally would beat you like :heatran: and :scizor-mega:. Most of the time you are coming in to soften your own checks, switch into :hatterene:, or to clean up. Tera flying makes you resist the majority of super effective moves sent your way so you can get an SD off and win.
:great tusk: is the :mega-lopunny: switch in and is like a "scarfer". If a scarfer can bulk up and win. Use it to be a secondary ground switch in, revenge killer to guys like :dragonite:, :gyarados-mega: and :kommo-o: and as another wincon. Tera steel greatly helps with that, dodging defensive :landorus-therian: toxic, resisting various moonblasts/acrobatics/hurricanes, and grass moves.
:dragapult: is the last member of the hazard game, being the spin blocker. The classic gen 8 DD set returns but with will-o-wisp instead, so can wisp tusk and kingambit to make spin blocking easier or to facilitate your own sweep. If you are scared of :lopunny-mega: or the rare :weavile: then make :dragapult: jolly.

:samurott-hisui: :lopunny-mega: :kyurem: :gholdengo: :zapdos: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/4258490716594663
:samurott-hisui: was the mon I built the team around. It has a unique defensive profile of finding entry on :kingambit:, :gholdengo:, and :heatran:. It can uniquely force progress by ceaseless edge being awesome (97.5 bp stab which set spikes). Aqua Cutter and Sacred Sword provide good strong coverage and sucker punch helps to pick off whatever it needs to as a last ditch attempt. Tera dark helps to muscle through :toxapex:, :scizor-mega:, :tornadus therian: and :rotom-wash:, powering up sucker punch, and removing your grass and electric weakness which flips the match up on :rillaboom:, :charizard-mega-y:, and :zapdos:.
:lopunny-mega: has speed control with fake out, 135 base speed, strong attacks with no immunities, and can u-turn to bring in :kyurem: or samurott: on common switch ins :landorus therian:, :gliscor:, :toxapex: and :great tusk:. So the usual.
:kyurem: benefits from tera shenanigans making previous pivots :heatran:, :scizor-mega:, :toxapex:, and :gholdengo: more shaky. Tera ground earth power just blows them up, especially if hazards are up.
:gholdengo: helps to enable :kyurem: and :samurott-hisui:'s shenanigans by paralyzing everything. Colbur Berry is a good tech to let you switch out against :kingambit: to start the pressure, usually by switching to :samurott-hisui:, :landorus therian: or :lopunny-mega:. Dengo is required to be kept alive in match ups where the opponent has :iron valiant:, :sneasler:, :medicham-mega: or :zamazenta:. Tera ghost powers up hex and makes you sturdier against :great tusk:, :landorus therian: and other earthquakes heading your way.
:zapdos: is the second shenanigan who fights other hazard stackers with defog and spread paralysis with static. Volt switch and hurricane have good coverage and are stab moves while volt switch brings in :samurott-hisui: and :kyurem:. Roost is there to stick around. Tera water is once again obligatory defensive tera type, mainly used to stave off :charizard-mega-y: and rain.
:landorus-therian: is the defensive stealth rocker. Luckily with z-moves it doesn't mean its passive, as with z-fly you can eliminate unsuspecting :tornadus therian:, :great tusk:, :venusaur mega:, :serperior:, :buzzwole:, :charizard-mega-x: un-mega-evolved, and :enamorus:. You can also chip some pokemon into priority range like :sneasler:, :hawlucha:, and :zamazenta:. If the opponent has zapdos then try and use that as an opportunity to bring in kyurem as many times as possible.

:baxcalibur: :ninetales-alola: :zamazenta: :gholdengo: :latios: :garchomp:
https://pokepast.es/9ea50b0878a29603
I heard that apparently ice body :baxcalibur: is viable so I wanted to try it out. Turns out it isn't bad when the snow setter isn't just :slowking-galar:.
:Baxcalibur: has the standard set but in hail you become damn near unkillable. 136 hp gives you 101 hp subs and the rest is dumped into max speed and attack. Get it in on :zapdos:, :rotom-wash:, :tapu koko: or :rillaboom: under veil and hail and watch it cook. Tera ground allows you to blow up full hp :kingambit: or :garganacl: at only +1 attack.
:ninetales-alola: grants set up opportunities through veil and encore. Its surprisingly good at taking :lopunny-mega: and :great tusk: with the snow buff as well. Tera ghost means you spin block, get rid of most of your weaknesses (which means more veils) and escape magma storm.
:zamazenta: is the KGB and :lopunny-mega: counter and overall has a fantastic stat spread to abuse veil. Howl is unfortunately its only boosting move but its enough to make CC cleave through the majority of neutral targets like butter. +1 gigavolt havoc makes :toxapex: explode and ice fang rounds out the coverage nicely.
:gholdengo: blocks spin, defog, and pretty much the majority of things. Colbur Berry + Focus blast eliminates :kingambit: for :latios: and blasts through :ferrothorn: and :heatran: as well. The set is the sample spread with tera flying because the team needed another flier other than :latios:.
:latios: is cresselia but a better speed tier, more power, has stronger coverage and is good into sun. Tera steel completely blank's :clodsire:, :landorus therian:, :baxcalibur:, :diancie mega: and :tapu lele: so you can boost to high heaven, along with removing ghost, dragon, ice, and fairy weaknesses.
:garchomp: is the hazard setter of choice. A case can be made for rocks or spikes but rocks are more immediate so I went with that. SD tera water liquidation was the ultimate ground lure and it does well to flip the match up chart.

:iron moth: :tapu koko: :cresselia: :kingambit: :gliscor: :rotom-wash:
https://pokepast.es/6e413be5dbf51036
I just wanted to see what the :cresselia: hype was all about, but I think it instead made me gain an appreciation for :iron moth: .
:iron moth: apart from being a :volcarona: clone is pretty cool. At +1 it has a really neat speed tier and its typing gives it a lot of resistances other offensive pokemon would kill for. Fighting, grass, poison, fairy, bug, fire and steel are great for finding entry against pokemon like :zamazenta:, :rillaboom:, :volcarona:, :scizor-mega:, :ferrothorn:, :iron valiant: and :gholdengo:. Tera grass gives makes energy ball another stab, gives a valuable water and ground resist and helps it crush said waters and grounds. Basically bodies rain. Morning sun is helpful to keep yourself healthy and helps against the sucker punch shenanigan. You are walled by :heatran:, so tera blast ground over morning sun is a real possibility (helps cress out as well), but the rest of the team deals with :heatran: well or forces it to tera.
:tapu koko: is a natural partner for moth. You have the near required fairy typing for bs :kommo-o: and a dark resist. Electric terrain powers up moth and allows you to fry the waters which wall the moth. Hp ice snipes the grounds and u-turn brings in :kingambit: or :iron moth:. Roost is there for the required longevity on a heavy duty boots :tapu koko:. Tera grass just allows you to live and scout a scarf eq and gets terrain safely up, but its a rare use.
:cresselia: is the moon duck lady everyone love to hate. Standard stored power shenanigans but with electric seed, so :kingambit: just cries in a corner.
:kingambit: is necessary support to take :dragapult:, :gholdengo: and :slowking galar: out of the game for :iron moth: and :cresselia:. There is enough speed to creep 0 speed 65's and the rest is dumped in attack and bulk. Once again with tera you can pull off a use for late game gambit clean up, with tera fairy this time.
:gliscor: is the rocker and :heatran:/:toxapex:/electric/everything switch in. You have u-turn to bring in your threats, roost to keep yourself alive, and eq to put on pressure against ground weak threats. 244 hp is optimal for poison heal healing, 56 attack to 2 hit ko kingambit, 84 defense to live 5 allies down sucker punch, 20 speed to reach the coveted 254 speed tier, and the rest is dumped into special defense to take magma storm better. Tera dragon is great to improve the rain, :charizard-mega-y:, :heatran:, :kartana:, :urshifu-rapid-strike:, and :tapu koko:.
:rotom wash: is the secondary :heatran: switch in and water resist. Burn whatever you can, beat down :heatran:, fog away rocks, and volt out of dragons to KGB or other mons into :tapu koko:. Tera ghost simply exists to be a neat spin blocker + zamazenta immunity.

Teams which I think are just solid
:kyurem: :kingambit: :latios-mega: :toxapex: :tornadus-therian: :excadrill:
https://pokepast.es/16b5ec8dff8fcf94
I really love this team. :Kyurem: is the dishonest sub DD set with enough health for 101 subs, enough defense to take max attack :landorus-therian: u-turn, max speed and the rest dumped into attack. Get kyurem in when rocks are gone and on mons which can't really hurt you, like :tapu koko:, :toxapex:, and :rotom-wash:. Covert cloak is a very funny item to prevent you from getting haxxed (flinches, burns, t-bolt para, yada yada) and completely destroys that rocks/protect/recover/salt cure :garganacl: set. Tera poison means you don't have to sub up on toxapex (covert cloak) and flip the match up on scarf :tapu lele:, :zamazenta:, :sneasler:, :iron valiant:, and :ferrothorn:.
:Kingambit: is one point faster than :corviknight:, max attack and the rest is dumped into bulk. Use kingambit as a swiss army knife which removes :dragapult:, psychic locked :tapu lele:, :slowking-galar:, :slowbro:, :gholdengo: and whatever else you can imagine while also serving as an end game cleaner. Tera fly is the classic which means flying, fighting and ground attacks heading your way do nothing and your get an SD.
:Latios-Mega: is the big wall breaker and sun answer. Get it in as much as possible to throw out psychics or sub on the switch. Common entry: :great tusk:, :charizard-mega-y:, :rillaboom:, :clodsire:, :zapdos:, :urshifu-rapid-strike:, :rotom-wash:, :dondozo:.
:toxapex: is bog standard, in ev's and moveset. Use it to soak attacks, haze boosts, status things and lure in things like :garganacl: for :excadrill: or :latios:. Tera dark is just to improve the mono dark :kingambit: and psychic :volcarona: match up.
:tornadus-therian: is amazing. Its the secondary hazard removal for the team and another wall breaker to abuse. Use it to lure :gholdengo: trying to block defog so you can nuke it with +2 heat wave. Z-hurricane can take out neutral targets from full and even obliterates bulky mons like :toxapex: at +2. If you want to flex, then get the accuracy boost from Z-defog.
:excadrill: stepped up to fill the roles no other ground can. It fits hazard removal, :tapu koko:/:tapu lele:/:zapdos:/:tornadus-therian:/draco meteor answer, ground + :garganacl: poisoner all at once. Tera water is the catch all defensive tera for use against :charizard-mega-x:, :volcarona: and neutral ground attacks.

:cinderace: :kingambit: :great tusk: :charizard-mega-y: :garganacl: :hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/262a374a38952243
This team is surprisingly solid.
:cinderace: put in a lot more work than I thought it would. Turns out SD turning you normal is a boon and has good synergy with the normalium-z set from last generation. +2 breakneck blitz does previously unthinkable things like OHKO'ing :toxapex:, :slowbro:, :landorus therian:, :gliscor:, :kommo-o:, :garchomp:, and :rotom-wash: from full and with a little chip even :great tusk:, :dragonite: and :heatran:. Pyro ball and HJK round out the coverage and is only really walled by :dragapult:.
:kingambit: makes it so dragapult doesn't wall cinderace because it is dead. There is enough speed to outspeed base 65's with no investment with max attack and a bulk dump. Tera flying does its thing and knock, pursuit, sucker punch does its job.
:great tusk: is the :kingambit:, :lopunny-mega:. and :dragonite: switch in. Scarf means you can get a fast spin off and you can also clean with a protosynthesis boost. Tera ground gives earthquake more oomph.
:charizard-mega-y: boosts the power of :cinderace: and :great tusk: while obliterating the majority of the tier if it can get in without rocks up. Focus blast is the coverage of choice to beat down both :heatran:+ :tyranitar: but scorching sands and air slash are also viable options.
:garganacl: is a fat rocker who was put on the team for its massive chip from salt cure and has a good match up into sun and rain with tera dragon.
:hatterene: blocks rocks and cripples its switch ins with nuzzle which :cinderace: and :charizard-mega-y: can take advantage of. Tera water is the catch all defensive tera to take steel and opposing fire moves.

:terrakion: :hawlucha: :kingambit: :iron valiant: :pinsir-mega: :tapu koko:
https://pokepast.es/dd466a3ce682054d
Good old fighting types, you can just Swords Dance and punch all your problems away. Well, with a little help of course.
:Terrakion: was the main star of the show after shoshin told me he got smashed by it on ladder. Its the lead rocker and first wrecking ball out of 5. Always rocks first unless not much would be affected by it, or its :rotom-wash:. If that's the case, then SD. You can also SD on a predicted defog which means that you can put more pressure or force a mon into low health (especially :landorus-therian:, :gliscor:, :great tusk:, and :rotom-wash:). Against rotom just punch it. Tera ghost prevents spin and that's it.
:hawlucha: is the second wrecking ball with SD. Acrobatics and drain punch are the strong stab move and recovery for the set. Encore is the best part of the set, where you are able lock many, many pokemon into a useless status move or a resisted hit. This truly becomes threatening with tera steel. Now all the ground types trying to hit you with toxic or a coverage move are fodder, also applicable to :tapu lele: using stabs, :scizor-mega: doing anything: and especially against endgame :kingambit:, where an attempted sucker punch or tera SD gets encored and pp stalled/beaten down. Only real problems are :tapu koko:, :zapdos: and :gholdengo:, but those get covered by other mons.
:kingambit: has, you guessed it, SD (and it's a wrecking ball). Max max evs again, end game cleaner and pretty much the only ghost switch in. Low kick is there to body other kingambit and slower steels. Tera flying because its an addiction.
:iron valiant: has SD and kills things. Knock and Close Combat have great coverage and once again this mon has encore. Mainly used to bait burns with tera fire, lock mons into set up, and lock down :kingambit:. Spirit break is another option if you want to beat :tapu koko:, :dragonite:, :zamazenta: and not have to lower your defenses.
:pinsir-mega: the SD user actually shaped like a ball. Anyways, pinsir is hella cool and can actually set up on mons like :rillaboom:, :great tusk:, :ting-lu:, :gliscor:, :urshifu-rapid-strike:, and some variants of :landorus-therian:. You force out a bunch of other pokemon with the threat of quick attack so those are also SD opportunity (examples being :iron-valiant:, :sneasler:, :zamazenta:, :lopunny-mega: and :volcarona:). The main purpose of this mon was to execute :zapdos: with stone edge. With that, :hawlucha: and :iron valiant: simply go nuts.
:tapu koko: does what you expect it to, set screens and terrain for hawlucha and iron valiant. If it had sd I would put it on but fortunately it doesn't. Tera ghost prevents spin (that's it).

:kartana: :tapu fini: :tornadus therian: :heatran: :landorus therian: :sneasler:
https://pokepast.es/fa445a2122870056
I wanted to make a :kartana: team and I wanted to make :tapu fini: work without it being a gimmicky cm iron defense fish, so I made a cooler gimmicky sword fish core.
:kartana: is peak aggression when all the steels are bulky defensive pieces. Sacred sword, leaf blade and knock off all have nice coverage into everything. The broken tera tech is tera dark. You get a valuable sucker punch resistance and psychic/prankster immunities. Most importantly, knock off becomes a crazy nuke, at +2 attack you cleanly OHKO :zapdos:, :moltres:, :tornadus therian:, :charizard-mega-y:, :volcarona:, and :gholdengo:. Everything dies if they are below 75%.
:tapu fini: is the hidden tech of the team. Choice specs and 180 special attack two hit ko the entire non-stall meta with either stab and tera water can OHKO :gholdengo:, and may OHKO :zapdos:. 192 speed creeps offensive modest :heatran:, 80 hp gives you 3 seismic toss switch ins and the rest is dumped in defense. Trick cripples :toxapex: or any bulky wall which is great for :tornadus therian: and :sneasler: and defog is used to get hazards off after you nuke :gholdengo:.
:tornadus therian: is the defense crusher which isn't outsped by :iron valiant:. Taunt + nasty plot puts :landorus therian:, :toxapex:, :clodsire:, :gliscor:, and any set up shenanigans in a choke hold. Z-fly is the classic nuke and focus blast destroys :heatran:, :kingambit: and :tyranitar mega:.
:heatran: is the only defensive piece, and it still has an offensive role. You are the rocker and the special sponge. But with tera, magma storm and taunt, you can trap and eliminate any defensive mon you want, like :dondozo:, :clodsire: and :garganacl:.
:landorus therian: is an aggresive scarfer which can revenge kill almost everything or bring in specs :tapu fini:, :tornadus therian: or :kartana:. Explosion is a nuke button to get rid of any :zapdos:, :dragonite:, :kommo-o:, anything. Stone edge and eq are classic coverage and tera ground eq is another fast wincon if the conditions are right.
:sneasler: is a dishonest pokemon. It is the final piece of speed control and the ultimate cleaner. Early game you can bring it in out of terrain and dire claw fish and late game you can set up and sweep. Misty terrain has the benefit of preventing any scald burns from desperate :toxapex: as well. The set is standard max speed, max attack and moves.

Teams which are fun, but not that good
:enamorus: :thundurus: :landorus-therian: :tornadus-therian: :scizor-mega: :volcarona:
https://pokepast.es/35c99dfb1b58b701
:mew: :tapu lele: :gyarados-mega: :klefki: :gholdengo: :gliscor:
https://pokepast.es/ab0531258bb93c2d
These 2 teams existed just to meme on low ladder. Play like regular ho, for the klefki ho try and use fairy lock to trap a mon in on the last turn alive.

:iron valiant: :pelipper: :ferrothorn: :swampert-mega: :zapdos: :manaphy:
https://pokepast.es/8eb9b782efa582ff
Standard rain with :iron valiant: instead of a swift swimmer and :manaphy: as the defense killer of choice. +2 liquidation OHKO's gholdengo so thats cool. Pretty ok team for ladder but it gets super fucked up by sun, :kyurem: and the usual suspects. I would recommend using standard rain, but if you feel like you want to kill defense then this isn't that bad into it.

:tyranitar: :kingambit: :tapu koko: :landorus-therian: :celesteela: :sneasler:
https://pokepast.es/bc3772d4daf19073
This team is stupid. Waterium-Z :tyranitar: lures :kingambit:/:sneasler: "answers" :great tusk:, :landorus therian: and :gliscor: so you can abuse tera fire :kingambit:. :landorus therian: is stupid special lando to catch :great tusk: off guard and maybe spread a burn or two (don't forget rocks). :tapu koko: is standard screens with tera fly for grounds. :celesteela: is a fun pick to lure :heatran:. You crush it and pex with tera ground eq and potentially snowball out of control because clear amulet blocks intimidate. Also use :celesteela: to ward off :tapu lele: and :iron valiant:. :sneasler: is standard except for the :garchomp: speed creep out of unburden.

Overall, this tournament was a super fun experience and I hope y'all have fun with the teams above. Now I gotta go write finals papers :psycry: .

Paste: Spooder man (pokepast.es)

Part 1: The Building process

:Shuckle:

This little bug is the thing we'll build our team around. It seems like nothing but a crapmon at first, and it is, but it gets 2 things. Sticky Web and Sturdy. Sticky web is great speed control for HO teams, and sturdy means it has a free focus sash, so we can use a mental herb to stop taunt.

Threats:

:urshifu:

:kingambit: (with iron head luck i swear it happens half of the time)

:Breloom: (spore sucks)

:Diancie-mega:

:Hatterene:

Next step:

:shuckle: :urshifu:

Urshifu is one of the best wallbreakers in the entire game and the scarf variant is necessary to remove Diancie-Mega early on so shuckle can get webs up more reliably. Tera water surging strikes with max attack investment 2HKOEs the majority of the meta, and breaks through any team that isn't excessively bulky. CC is for STAB, Ice spinner beats garchomp and U-turn pivots out on an unfavourable lead. If the opponent has a magic bounce mon, Urshifu is the lead choice, although shuckle leads anytime else. This also functions as the teams first breaker.

Threats:

:ferrothorn: (not always scary but with prediction can knock it out)

:moltres:
:volcarona:

(flame body gambles suck)

We could run protective pads, but then surging strikes doesn't break protect, and faster mons take it out without webs, and we need the scarf for Mdiance.

Next step:

:Shuckle: :Urshifu: :Gholdengo:

Gholdengo is a necessity for webs HO, because of the overall utility as well as excellent offensive power it gives. I run scarf for extra speed control, which seems strange, but it's to outspeed sneasler and great tusk, and since I already have wincons, and I didn't want specs, scarf stuck with me.

Threats

knock off and pursuit mindgames suck

Clear body pult outspeeds in webs

:Shuckle: :Urshifu: :Gholdengo: :Kartana:

Kartana was the next addition to the team as it has an insane attack stat of 181, and has good speed which is bolstered further by sticky web support. This can remove entire teams before they can move if it can get off a safe swords dance, and sacrifices only make it hit harder. Kartana dies easily, and getting it in is a challenge, but final gambiting shuckle gets it in reliably. I use it to get off an easy target to apply more pressure, or to snowball out of control late game as a cleaner.

:shuckle: :urshifu: :gholdengo: :kartana: :cresselia:

cresselia forms a formidable offensive core with kart. This core revolves around Cresselia tanking out and setting up on offensive threats to SD Kart, such as Mega Lopunny, Zama and Iron Valiant. Kartana simultaneously breaks through the special walls and physical attackers that can deal with Cresselia, with Sacred sword to hit dark types and of course, Kingambit. Cresselia can also beat special attackers which may tank a hit from Kartana and make it die instantly (Kart has literally NO special defense), and this can help break offensive teams down.

:shuckle: :urshifu: :gholdengo: :kartana: :cresselia: :kingambit:

sucker punch mingames go brrrrrrrrrr.

Part 2:

Replays:
Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

I haven't really started making replays, i will soon.

Part 3:

Analysis of each mon (former thread got taken down for not having this)

Shuckin time (Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Final Gambit
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Toxic

Ev'd to optimise chance of survival against watershifu. Encore punishes anti-lead setup, final gambit pivots out through unaliving, and toxic is for utility that is sometimes necessary. This thing is designed to live hits with sturdy, and setup webs even when taunted because of mental herb. I wanted consistency on webs, not some skill swap gimmick, so shuckle was the go to mon.

xi jimping bear (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- U-turn

Urshifu may seem strange carrying scarf on webs, but since Mdiancie is everywhere, it punishes it with a surging strikes to the face if they want to bounce those webs. It doubles as a MDiancie killer and a wallbreaker, 2hkoing most of the tier. The set has U-turn if I lead against a diancie team and they don't lead diancie. Ice spinner beats garchomp, which otherwise is a big threat to non-pads watershifu.

string cheese man (Gholdengo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Psychic

Normally I ran scarf and max special nature, but since someone in the room pointed out that I'm using webs, I decided against this and ran specs. Trick cripples enemies and psychic always surprises a tusk going for a spin or a sneasler sding on dengo. Kingambit is the main threat to this, but anything else is manageable with this set. Good as gold blocks defog, and a specs move will dent a fogger enough for it to be virtually impossible to get back onto the field.

en passant (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Sucker punch standard set yadda yadda. The EV's are to outspeed all COMMON gambit sets, i went to the smogon description for this thing and added 2 speed evs lol. This is of course to power low kick and guarantee a ko vs an unsuspecting fellow gambit, even without webs support. Standard SD set otherwise.

mr beast boost (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

The late or early game cleaner of the team, Kartana goes on to KO an injured foe and goes in and out of the match to devastate the team. With the right conditions, one beast boost boosting KO can make Kart snowball into 5-0ing the entire opposition, (5-0 since shuckle almost always final gambits to get kart in) or picking off where it's allies left. Giga impact doesn't keep that snowbally effect, so sacred sword fightinium z it is.

sailor moon (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 134 HP / 244 Def / 24 SpA / 48 SpD / 58 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power

This cress set seems to fit on any team, and sets up a few CM's , stored powers the crap out of everything in it's way once it's done. Physical bulk is that of a wall, with these EV's and the natural bulk, and the speed stat is to outspeed MMedicham under webs. Tera poison gimmicks ruin some teams, which allows it to be an effective sweeper.

I ran baxcalibur in the place of gambit once i reached 1700, but it fits poorly with the team, and I inevitably decided against it since I lost all the bax games.

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Banette-Mega Stall(?)
:banette-mega: :pawmot: :alomomola: :landorus-therian: :moltres: :kingambit:
I've been trying to get something with banette-mega working for a while now, and after a good bit of time spent in the builder id like to show this fun team I made

@ :banettite:
JUST BELIEVE (Banette)
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Destiny Bond
- Infestation
- Encore
- Knock Off

very fun niche pokemon, it's a super nasty disruption tool, able to force really dirty trades a lot in matches. Destiny bond lets you trap and kill pokemon if they've set up, infestion lets you trap everything barring pult and ghold, encore lets you lock leads into their hazard moves and ko them, and knock is a good move to click while encore trapping pokemon, as it both does good damage and removes leftovers

@ :leppa-berry:
BETTER WITHOUT YOU (Pawmot)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Revival Blessing
- Double Shock

here to revive mban and force trades a lot using it, revival can also be used in a pinch if opponent had random coverage options for your pokemon and you need them to be healthy. at the end of the day it's also a 110 base attack pokemon with above average speed tier, so with close combat and double shock you're able to pick up kos on pokemon that try and stay in to prevent revival

@ :rocky-helmet:
AISHITE (Alomomola)
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

this team's water resist, I chose it over pex since I'm not too worried about fighting types like zama or urshifu with an immunity and 2 resists on the team, helps a lot vs rain since it heals itself while also stalling turns with protect, can also wishpass onto pokemon like landorus to keep them healthy throughout a game, giving them drastically more staying power. helm is great for forcing progress but HDB also works well if you're more worried about spikes

@ :rocky-helmet:
STORYTELLER (Landorus-Therian) (M)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

great defensive glue pokemon, intimidate is really appreciated on this team, and eq can hit pretty hard vs the right pokemon. taunt helps vs most defensive pokemon or slower setup sweepers like mzor and cress, while toxic provides a ticking clock on most pokemon at will, while u turn lets you bring in teammates more, but dropping it is definitely an option here

@ :heavy-duty-boots:
CLOUD9999 (Moltres)
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 52 SpD / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

I was kinda sleeping on this pokemon, flame body is super nice vs almost every physical pokemon in the game, and being a check to chary and gambit at the same time is nothing to scoff at, while you can tera water vs rain for a much better chance at living it. mystic fire lets you 1v1 ghold with the spa drops and hurricane is nice for power or vs ival, zama, volc etc. defog is nice here but dropping it for earth power for tran is also a very fine move

@ :assault-vest:
CABLE TIE RAVE (Kingambit) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

when I first saw this set, I thought it seemed really underwhelming, but after using it for a bit, it's a shockingly consistent bulkier wincon, and its able to trap the ghosts that'd normally stop mban in its tracks, as well as just being a good answer for pult. keep it healthy with wish from alo and it's going to be incredibly useful, especially if it gets to +7 on SO

Threatlist:
:kingambit:
kingambit is a dark type, so it's immune to mban's encore, making much more irritating to deal with, but it can still be killed by destiny bond

:rotom-wash:
washtom needs to be dealt with asap so it doesn't spread wisp and heavily dent gambit's damage output, but its access to volt switch makes it much harder to trap than the other wisp spammers in the tier

:heatran:
offtran is kinda a pain for this team, as it's often hard to deal with barring pawmot, but if your opponent tera grasses on the cc you're in for a rough time

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1921928888-edey1sfy88upknrys06n64lrirygu6cpw
banette removes kingambit's checks, allowing it to clean up and pave the way to a win with tera dark

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1921943102-494k6snc9xzfk5g3y5cb5jyvfnuq803pw
mban's able to trap key offensive pieces like rilla, allowing tera water moltres to wall the entirety of the team

:sv/Doublade:
fourth sample team
Doublade too underrated
:sv/Doublade: :sv/baxcalibur: :sv/Clodsire: :ss/Weezing-Galar: :sv/slowking: :sv/umbreon:
https://pokepast.es/6b12030bbf0124fb
https://pokepast.es/9cb730fd42c20bb3

(In my opinion) The most slept on pokemon is Doublade, Doublade is a highly underrated Pokémon that performs amazing in the current metagame. It's particularly effective against popular teams that include Snealser and Bax. Doublade can handle Gambit's attacks, survive a hit, and then counter with a powerful Close Combat move. Additionally, it serves as a strong counter to Pokémon like Zamazenta and Iron Valliant, effortlessly enduring their attacks. These are just a few examples of Doublade's capabilities, suggesting that it should be recognized as an essential choice in the metagame.gyro ball from doublade straight up ohkos unburden snealser baxcalabur valiant clefable glimora mega diance etc which really just the pushes it a bit over the edge, and with gambit banned its only a matter of time till it goes too

i easily peaked around top 10 on ladder from 1600s in a day using this broken mon (now gambit is gone hopefully it doesnt get banned)

1691999468514.png

replays
Doublade 6 0 VS STALL

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1922298862-ajj57iz8e5p9fa6l1ukjar5xj2wzottpw
1900s trick room
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1927173325-jgf8c0l76ptot0yz359hht7ugo7bzkdpw
doublade vs rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1922610878
doublade vs 1900 ho
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1922642470-rltoyub0obpyuw8wugzlvbvo7xgcg21pw
1800s game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1922203972-bot7un9hlf9hjj17vl87l7j4b7brzd9pw
THREATS

:ss/shaymin:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1922234814 (one of only games i lost with doublade)
:sv/hydreigon:
taunt nasty plot earth power dark pulse is an instant loss

thats all then, this team was supposed to be only ru and below mons only with arctozolt over bax etc but once i hit 1800s i made the team more consistent

Attachments

Last edited:
Yo! I've been having success with a Recent HO team I've made and Id like to share it to this forum so without ado is the pokepaste Pinsir SpikeStack (pokepast.es)
PINSIR_1.pngGLIMMORA.pngGRENINJA.pngEXCADRILL.pngDRAGAPULT.pngIRONVALIANT.png
So basically you want to lead with glimmora to get up your hazards and play it like a HO team from there making aggressive plays to get your sweepers setup I've left a lot of options on the sweepers like knock/liquidation on Valiant or CC/EQ on MPin and here is a screenshot of my current ladder ranking with this team. Overall this is a solid team that id give a try on the ladder if there is anything you would suggest to change just let me know anyways My first smogon post ever enjoy the team.
Screenshot 2023-08-16 213842.png

Last edited:
Hey! I've been having fun with this Mega-Steelix bulky offense team I've made and I’d like to share it with you all so here is the pokepaste. https://pokepast.es/943c41d276c4a40d

So you almost always want to lead with Hippo to get up your rocks or toxic any bulky mons on the opposing team then play the game accordingly. Mega-Steelix in the sand is not something most mons can switch into. I think the Bulu/Dirge/Pex core goes crazy with how well they wear down most teams. Hippo plus Bulu are important for the rain matchup. Overall I think this is a solid team for my first team post. I know the team seems weak to hazards but I haven’t had much trouble dealing with them especially with two boots users on the team. If there is any changes you would suggest please let me know.

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
From the CEO of Lot of HO's Inc I bring you my take on stall
CANCEROUS CLODSIRE AND DOZO ARE A PLAGUE ON SOCIETY STALL
:sv/chansey: :sv/dondozo: :sv/clodsire: :sv/garganacl: :ss/cresselia: :sv/scizor-mega:

Q and A

Question: is this team good?

No its probably terrible

Question: does it farm ladder?

Yes youll farm people up till like 1700s

Question: what do you do about X annoying / fat haze mon or breaker or whatever?

Play around it with sand tomb scizor or lose

Question: how do you deal with other stalls?

You dont you also lose.

Question: will you ever build stall again?

no unless they make me smogon/ps staff and im forced to love stall.

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
IMG_4970.jpg

NatDex Veil ft. double dance Bax and Ceruledge
https://pokepast.es/bacb354975549712
:sm/ninetales-alola: :sm/iron treads: :sm/baxcalibur: :sm/gyarados-mega: :sm/iron valiant: :sm/ceruledge:

Super fun team I've been using recently. I was trying to figure out aurora veil for a while and I think this playstyle completely hinges on Baxcalibur. It's the only thing that makes it worth using over traditional screens with Koko or Grimmsnarl. Ice types get a 1.5x def boost in snow which makes Bax behind a veil incredibly bulky even without investment. I've got lefties and ice body to stack up passive recovery as well and tera poison for the fairy/fighting resist + toxic immunity. Ceruledge also got a buff thanks to poltergeist in the most recent DLC. I was using tera grass initially but Ghostium Z on this move is kinda absurd (185 bp) and I hadn't used my Z move on anything else yet. With Pult leaving the tier you can probably drop shadow sneak for another move like CC or endure. Ceru naturally speed creeps Gholdengo which doesn't typically run a ghost-resist tera type so that's a respectable niche. This build has a better than average matchup against rain and slightly poor matchup against sun and tspikes so watch out for that, but I've found the team to be fairly consistent as far as hyper offense goes.​

Double Grass Glide
just want to drop a team here.

People who's playing vgc knows how crazy this thing is there. But what if we introduce this double grass glide in OU?

+2 masked grass glide from ogerpon is about as strong as a banded pre-dlc tera grass rhila, with a fire cudgel that smashes most traditional grass glide answers.

The team is not well-polished, I just want to remind you of such strategy XD

Image_1694976316209.jpg

Post DLC SD Bax HO
https://pokepast.es/7d293f65f57b4193
1695456340684.png
1695456373222.png
1695456397074.png
1695456424361.png
1695456457792.png
1695456468854.png

HO is pretty much the strongest playstyle right now. This one utilizes some of the most broken offensive mons in the metagame. The Focus of the Team is to set up a SD with Bax behind Screens and then boost speed with its newly gained Scale Shot, which when positioned correctly will often result in a sweep. Ogerpon-H can eliminate most of the few checks, Baxcalibur has to be aware of, like Mega-Scizor, Ferrothorn or Dondozo. Mega-Gyarados helps out in the rain-MU and carries Power Whip to beat Urshifu, which would otherwise be problematic for this team. Lando acts as a suicide-lead and Sneasler just adds to the offensive power of the team, as well as absorbing T-Spikes, since Bax and Ogerpon are weak to them.

Overall this team makes for really fun and quick games.

Last edited:
Wellspring Sand
:Tyranitar-Mega::Excadrill::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Gholdengo::Moltres::Iron Valiant:

As soon as I saw the Wellspring form of Ogerpon I felt it fit good on a more balanced team. Water is definitely one of the most balanced type in the game, also the PokeDex in scarlet claims Wellspring to "excel in both attack and defense". Unlike the burning Hearthflame that smashes opposite teams into pieces, Wellspring is more likely a pivot with notable firepower.

Another thing about Wellspring is that it threaten rain teams a lot. And is there anything that is quite balanced and afraid of rain? Sand of course! TTar is also buffed in DLC1, so why not put them together?

I just started with a Urshifu-R sand (a sample team months ago) and replace the bear with the citrus. The original team has a fero, but I think both water res and spikes is well handled by Wellspring. So I use Ghold instead (a steel type which can always be added when you don't know what to do lol).

After some tryouts I got directly smashed by Hearthflame, so I replaced zapdos with moltres which also deals with rilla better. Choice lele also feel bad (especially when a tera psychic psyshock failed to kill Hearthflame). I need an fast attacker that doesn't use choice item. Too bad Pult is gone, otherwise hex+dart should be good. I tried many other things including traditional pivot koko and sash alaka, which is much more traditional reminding you of the old days lol.

But finally I choose physical Energy Valiant. It serves as a good revenge killer against things like Hearthflame and also a good late game sweeper. It's quite interesting that, CC guarantees a kill on 252AS Hearthflame with rock (so tera fighting also guarantees without rock). Knock Off on Valiant is questionable, as the items on defensive mons are probably already knocked by TTar in the late game.

https://pokepast.es/cb9ea61a13c54c41
Every one go Kill

After suffering and thinking, I finally made a team carried me to 1600.

Ursaluna-Bloodmoon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 160 HP / 120 SpA / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Blood Moon
- Moonblast
- Vacuum Wave

I gave this bear Assault Vest, which made it a terrifying offensive threat with extreme bulk, despite not packing moonlight, this thing was so consistent. I mainly used it as a revenge killer against opposing offense such as tapu lele, ogerpon. Moonblast for kommo o and valiant is great as well.

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 72 HP / 48 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fiery Dance
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam

This moth gave me a lot of easy wins. If opposing team doesn't have a decent counter for moth, it is game over. Suprisingly, this was my prime rain counter. Speed boosted moth even outspeeds M-swampart in rain, allowing moth to break the base rain core easily.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat

My boy urshifu. Usage of focus Sash is a great for dealing with offensive threat and urshifu's counter. Focus Sash with SD is very effective for many kinds of teams. However, facing zapdos and ferrothorn always bring me fear of dealing with iron barb or static

Baxcalibur @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 144 HP / 108 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

After suffering countless times against dragonite, I used Bax for prime dragonite counter, fire Tera for burn immunity, and earthquake for Heatran is always sweet. A little investment to Hp sometimes won me a game that I might lose otherwise.

Zapdos @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 120 HP / 20 Def / 208 SpA / 8 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch

This is my main lead, using fly z for getting suprise ko and volt switch for good match up is a great way to start a game. Speed investment to outspeed great tusk made zapdos a prime counter for tusk.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Def / 108 SpA / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Stall team always gave a headache, so I used Ghold for my anti Stall tactic, Tera ghost was very effective at handling heatran, ferrothorn, making boosted shadow Ball into a terror to switch in. It is also great counter for choice scarf/specs lele.

I don't think this team is perfect. It still has few obstacles that this team struggles. So when I make a great modification, I will update it

Last edited:

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
Ultimate Cheesin
:zamazenta:
:hawlucha: :bisharp: :aggron: :diancie-mega: :victini:

This team is a certified ladder classic and a great gimmick to run, will work on teams up into the 1800s easily, the idea was to build an endeavor spam and use metal burst aggron to hopefully cheese past any zama counters and then get the sweep with zama. Final gambit victini catches pex on the switch while pursuit bisharp handles ghosts for zama, sub endeavor hawlucha weakens birds that wanna switch into it like moltres and zapdos enough to be ohko'd by body press and I chose heavy slam over crunch as coverage to deal with mons such as scarf lele and valiant which pose a bigger problem than the trapable ghosts and rest + chesto to maximize zamas longervity as thats the whole point of the team and also to heal off contact status like para and moltres burns. I chose band on bisharp to act as a form of revenge killer with tera dark if it was 100% required to save the game such as for revenging ogerpon hearthflame at +1 speed or saving the matchup vs webs teams.

heres me cheesin an 1850 player out of a sweet 30 points
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1955400636-a76dch9yc3170751egod4q6z1nkeu7apw

and heres me farming some garbage mid ladder player who thought he was gonna win and started talking smack in chat
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1954994644-2th19kjy0yagrpcu3nemx1qfd67vw8ypw

another 1800s team gets taken down
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1956793782-dy0266r561y0q13syvg5bemkn5vvptqpw

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)