SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

The Hidden Treasures of Area Zero has 4 logos on its corners

They correspond to 4 things from the DLC. Top left is the Kitakami flag, top right is the Crystal Pool, bottom left is Blueberry Academy's logo and the bottom right seems to represent terastalization's star burst & likely Terapagos specifically.

Bottom right I might be a little off base on, but for the most part all 4 have pretty clear representations and meaning.
This doesn’t really answer your question, but just to add to the overall observation, the big symbol in the center of the DLC logo is apparently one of Stellar Terapagos’s battle animations:

Last edited:
The closest thing that appears ingame is a similar but not exact drawing in the Poco Path lab which doesn't really give any more answers.
View attachment 583061
View attachment 583060
If anything it brings up more questions

can there be an update to the game that's just us reading the full Book, please

This doesn’t really answer your question, but just to add to the overall obseration, the big symbol in the center of the DLC logo is apparently one of Stellar Terapagos’s battle animations:

this reminds me, are there any model rips that let us see the underside of the big dome
The games never let you rotate the model like that in the dex and manuevering it in battle is also basically impossible

iassume its just more geode patterns but i'm curious

This has been bothering me for a while, but why do the opposite version's paradox pokemon have dex entries?

It makes sense out of universe as a way of encouraging trades and multiplayer, but there's no reason for anyone in-universe to believe that the paradoxes are real, let alone to include them in a scientific database like the pokedex. At least with the paradoxes obtainable in each version, there's the records from Heath's expedition that, while questionable, could give some credibility to their existence. It's also possible that Jacq or one of his colleagues had access to Area Zero or could've been in direct communication with the professors, although with how surprised Clavell is to see the raidons at the start of the game, the latter seems unlikely. While the evidence of the existing paradoxes is there, it's still pretty sketchy.

But with the opposite version, not only are the paradoxes simply not catchable, but they are only referenced in dubious paranormal magazines. Whether or not the opposite version's book exists, it seems that the researchers who created the pokedex don't believe that there's any truth behind it, and it just seems bizarre that a creature rumored to exist in a questionable article would be included in any scientific database, especially since the pokedex is considered incomplete without them. And if these questionable sources are used for pokedex data, why aren't there empty gaps where rumored, but nonexistent pokemon should be?

I can understand the traditional version exclusives being in the pokedex because there are at least regular npcs that reference or battle with them. But outside of multiplayer shenanigans, I don't believe there's any ingame cases of the opposite paradoxes being mentioned. I could also understand if everything the player catches in Paldea was haphazardly thrown into the pokedex, but that's not true either. Despite being obtainable from npcs (which seems comparable to trading with someone who has the opposite version), perrserker and the hisuian growlithe line aren't included in the dex, while quagsire is only in the kitikami dex. Meanwhile, carbink, terapagos, and the legendary paradox trios, despite being catchable in Paldea, are only in the dlc pokedexes. Why is perrserker, a pokemon who can't be caught natively in Paldea, but at least has sound evidence to it being real, not recognized by the pokedex, while pokemon that are only cited in dubious sources and contradict existing pokedex lore get full dex entries?

This has been bothering me for a while, but why do the opposite version's paradox pokemon have dex entries?

It makes sense out of universe as a way of encouraging trades and multiplayer, but there's no reason for anyone in-universe to believe that the paradoxes are real, let alone to include them in a scientific database like the pokedex. At least with the paradoxes obtainable in each version, there's the records from Heath's expedition that, while questionable, could give some credibility to their existence. It's also possible that Jacq or one of his colleagues had access to Area Zero or could've been in direct communication with the professors, although with how surprised Clavell is to see the raidons at the start of the game, the latter seems unlikely. While the evidence of the existing paradoxes is there, it's still pretty sketchy.

But with the opposite version, not only are the paradoxes simply not catchable, but they are only referenced in dubious paranormal magazines. Whether or not the opposite version's book exists, it seems that the researchers who created the pokedex don't believe that there's any truth behind it, and it just seems bizarre that a creature rumored to exist in a questionable article would be included in any scientific database, especially since the pokedex is considered incomplete without them. And if these questionable sources are used for pokedex data, why aren't there empty gaps where rumored, but nonexistent pokemon should be?

I can understand the traditional version exclusives being in the pokedex because there are at least regular npcs that reference or battle with them. But outside of multiplayer shenanigans, I don't believe there's any ingame cases of the opposite paradoxes being mentioned. I could also understand if everything the player catches in Paldea was haphazardly thrown into the pokedex, but that's not true either. Despite being obtainable from npcs (which seems comparable to trading with someone who has the opposite version), perrserker and the hisuian growlithe line aren't included in the dex, while quagsire is only in the kitikami dex. Meanwhile, carbink, terapagos, and the legendary paradox trios, despite being catchable in Paldea, are only in the dlc pokedexes. Why is perrserker, a pokemon who can't be caught natively in Paldea, but at least has sound evidence to it being real, not recognized by the pokedex, while pokemon that are only cited in dubious sources and contradict existing pokedex lore get full dex entries?
The Blueberry Dex is extra funny because it is explicitly in-universe meant to be stuff found around the Terrarium.
But also it has the new paradoxes, Terapagos & the new mythic in it (also Hydrapple but that's less of a stretch since the method to evolve it is only through a Blueberry TM) and all these (bar Wake, Leaves and the mythic) are required for Cyrano to sign off on completing the Blueberry Dex.

Obviously this is all just a little extra required suspension of disbelief for gameplay purposes, like you allude to, and in-universe stuff like the Paradoxes are probably either not actually in their respective dexes or only "ours" are and so on. But it's still pretty goofy.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The Blueberry Dex is extra funny because it is explicitly in-universe meant to be stuff found around the Terrarium.
But also it has the new paradoxes, Terapagos & the new mythic in it (also Hydrapple but that's less of a stretch since the method to evolve it is only through a Blueberry TM) and all these (bar Wake, Leaves and the mythic) are required for Cyrano to sign off on completing the Blueberry Dex.

Obviously this is all just a little extra required suspension of disbelief for gameplay purposes, like you allude to, and in-universe stuff like the Paradoxes are probably either not actually in their respective dexes or only "ours" are and so on. But it's still pretty goofy.
Well, in that sense, there is a reason they're called Paradox Pokemon, after all!

So, it's well-known at this point that the only mons that haven't appeared in a Switch game are the Elemental Monkey lines, Patrat/Watchog, and Furfrou. It's a popular theory(that I agree with) that Furfrou is too annoying to bother with, while the others are being saved for future Gen V remakes.

But it's also true that we've had gen IV remakes in the Switch era, and a LOT of pre-V mons appeared there. GF was basically forced to bring back all of the early gen mons for those games, and didn't necessarily keep them around for SV. So I decided to check which mons had ONLY appeared in BDSP and/or L:A to see if there were patterns there.
BDSP only:
Weedle
Pidgey
Rattata
Spearow
Ledyba
Tailow
Skitty
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Clamperl

Both BDSP and Legends:Arceus:
Paras
Unown
Wurmple
Bidoof
Burmy
Glameow
Chatot
Carnivine
Note that the only mons that were L:A exclusive were the Hisuian forms, and their pre-evos appeared in other Switch games.

So there's some interesting trends. Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Unown, and Chatot are probably limited for the same reason Furfrou is, annoying mechanics that would require work to bring back. The remaining mons, though, are sort of a who's who of forgettable designs. 3 regional birds, 4 regional bugs, 2 regional rodents, a couple of hard-to-find-and-not-worth-it rare mons, and stuff like Carnivine and Glameow that just never caught on. There's a decent number of Gen I mons on the list, too, which I did not expect to see. Weedle and Pidgey both ended up with Megas, so maybe GF assumes people are tired of them? But that doesn't explain the others.

IDK, does anyone see any interesting logic here to justify me having made this list?

Some of them are early game Pokemon so those are probably low priority.
Gen 4 pokemon in general might've been low priority considering they got 2 games back to back about them. Not that this stopped them from having a fleet of them, of course.

Kecleon & Castform probably weren't skipped because of "annoying mechanics" (Color Change in particular doesnt even have a visual component) considering the Pokemon that did come back, but Chatot hasn't had the mic mechanic since gen 6 so that's super not the reason.

I think the real answer is there just might not be an actual reason. We can look at early game Pokemon but there were plenty of others that made the cut. We can look at mechanics, but there's still plenty of others that made the cut. We can look at "unpopular" Pokemon, and yet...

Really they just didn't feel like grabbing them for SV

Duraludon's Shield Pokedex entry mentions how it lives in caves since it dislikes the rain. Yet its evolution, Archaludon, seemingly thrives in Rain with its new signature move requiring no charge turn.

The pokedex doesn't mention anything about the rain in Archaludon's entry, so I assume its tied to the rainwater somehow flowing outside of its head and tail when its in all fours, similar to an aqueduct? The arch like shape seems like it would make it easier for the rain to be less of a hindrance.

Duraludon's Shield Pokedex entry mentions how it lives in caves since it dislikes the rain. Yet its evolution, Archaludon, seemingly thrives in Rain with its new signature move requiring no charge turn.

The pokedex doesn't mention anything about the rain in Archaludon's entry, so I assume its tied to the rainwater somehow flowing outside of its head and tail when its in all fours, similar to an aqueduct? The arch like shape seems like it would make it easier for the rain to be less of a hindrance.
It evolves with a new alloy item, so I think the easy answer is the new alloy it has archaloduon isn't as prone to rusting as the kind it had before

Which makes sense for something now based on a bridge; has to be better equipped for rain! I am guessing the G-Max also did something similar since it became a Skyscraper.

reposted from smogoff where it was locked because it was the wrong place

Recently, I've been slowly going insane. And the root of my insanity has been one number. That number is 570. There are 30 Pokemon with the base stat total of 570.

The first nine of these Pokemon are all of the Ultra Beasts except for Poiple and Naganadel, and the light trio if you count them. Naganadel has a similar face and wing shape to Ultra Necrozma, and they are both dragon types. Naganadel is the only Ultra Beast to evolve, and Necrozmas hosts were at the time, the only legendaries to evolve (yes I know, we’ll get to it). These similarities are likely coincidental, but what isnt coincidental are the similarities between Guzzlord and Zygarde. They are both black dragons with white shinies and immensely high hp stats. They have similar body shapes, and seem to serve opposite roles, with Zygarde protecting it, and Guzzlord… not. But most striking of all, they are found in the EXACT SAME CAVE. While more numerous than those between Naganandel and Ultra Necrozma, many people will still write these similarities off as circumstantial evidence, and that would be valid, had the artist who designed Guzzlord not point some of these out.

However, there are more similarities between Zygarde and the Ultra Beasts. Guzzlord is often associated with Naganadel, who, as previously stated has some similarities in common with Ultra Necrozma. All four are dragon type, the only dragon legend/mythical/ubs in their gens. Zygarde has a crystalline structure that looks similar to Ultra Necrozma. Necrozma, as you probably know, is heavily associated with Z crystals. These Z crystals are tied to the aura that Necrozma and the Totem Pokemon give off. However, the Ultra Beasts also give off this aura, which raises one or more attack, defence, special attack, special defence, and speed, something which the Ultra Beasts signature ability Beast Boost does too. Now, what pokemon has an ability related to aura, one that just like Ultra Necrozma, has been split into pieces, and can regain its true form only in battle, one thats name intentionally starts with z. Thats right. Zygarde. A Pokemon which mysteriously appeared in Alola during the Ultra Beast invasion. Many of these points could be coincidences, however these connections will make more sense as I continue.

So, thats nine out of the 30 Pokemon with a 570 base stat total. The next four are the Tapus, whose similarities with the previous pokemon is obvious. There are no gen 8 pokemon with that base stat total, so I will be skipping over it for now. Thats not to say it isn't important, as it will be soon. But onto gen 9, where things get interesting.

The next set of Pokemon with a 570 base stat total are the ruin legendaries. These Pokemon have a shocking number of similarities with the tapus. Besides being quartets of legendaries with the same base stat total, they each have abilities that were at the time exclusive to them, and that correlated to eachother. The tapus are found in the ruins, while the ruin legendaries do not need explaining. Both have two part names that originate from different languages. But the nail in the coffin is this. The tapus and the ruin legends are fairy type and dark type respectively. These types are opposites. And the tapus signature move is the fairy type natures madness, while the ruins signature move is the dark type ruination. These moves function the exact same way. This cannot be a coincidence.

Lets take a moment to talk more about base stat totals. The ruin legends actually used to have base stat totals of 580, but was reduced to 570 in a patch. All other mon with a base stat total of 580 are either legendaries or have megas, and all pokemon besides iron valiant and roaring moon that have the base stat total of 590 have megas. The raidons have a base stat total of 670, the dex number of floette. Well get back to that. Something of note is that the box legendaries of X and Y are fairy and dark type. These Pokemon also have correlations with zygarde and aura.

The next pokemon with that base stat total are all the paradox pokemon except for the raidons if you count them, iron leaves, iron valiant, walking wake, and roaring moon. Iron valiant and roaring moon seem to directly reference mega galade and mega salamance, while iron leaves and waking walk are based on legendaries. The paradox pokemon have a lot in common with ultra beasts. They have similar origins, and they have an ability that boosts their strongest stat. Something that might mean something but might mean nothing is that area zeros initials are az. However, Az is almost certainly connected to the great crater in paldea. His floette is as of now unobtainable. Floette are found all over the great crater. The great crater is full of crystals. The ultimate weapon is crystaline. Eternal flower, the title of azs floette, has the same name structure as the paradox pokemon. Its signature move is light of ruin, like the abilities of the ruin legends. The theory that the ultimate weapon made the crater is not new, but it is important.

Remember when i said gen 8 was important? First things first, lets get the circumstantial evidence out of the way first. The za dogs share the base stat total with the raidons, and za backwards is az. That likely is a coincidence. What is almost certainly not a coincidence is eternatus. First, lets get the circumstantial evidence out of the way. It shares a type combo with naganadel, and its weak to necrozma, while its poison type is resistant and immune to lunala and solgaleo. This could be foreshadowing, but it probably means nothing. But the big thing is this. Eternatus is the 3rd legendary dragon in a row to be crystalline and have a more powerful form. It is the second in a row to be connected to the regions gimmick. And while terapagos may turn out to not be a dragon type, it checks some of those boxes.

The ultimate weapon is already connected to mega evolution, but assuming the ultimate weapon did create the great crater, that also connects it to terastilization. Z moves have obious conections to terastilization, and gigantimax likewise to mega evolution. Z moves and dynamax both take all moves except status moves, and group them into 18 different moves based on their typing, with their power based on the base move, except for a few special mon who have their own versions. And while were comparing necrozma to eternatus, lets look at the facts. Eternatus produces light. Necrozma consumes light. This is a plot point that is too cool to pass up, and might be in a game soon.

Regardless, I believe that there will be a game soon that explores these connections. And we have the perfect catalyst for this:Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Notice the : in the title. This likely means that there will be more Legends games. Which leads me to the final pokemon with a base stat total of 570. A pokemon with ties to ultra beasts, one of the few legendaries to evolve. A pokemon that changes type. A pokemon with ties to arceus. The first legends game was Pokemon Legends: Arceus. So wouldn't it be fitting if the next legends game was Pokemon Legends: Silvally?
what do you think?
TL;DR: the next legends game will be legends silvally, everything's connected, big things are about to happen, and i am losing my sanity HELP
This is a beautiful post and an example of what the posts on this tread could, nay, should be
as for your sanity, don't worry about it
you're better of without it

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
You know what's weird? Porygon not being more associated with Team Rocket.

In the first couple of generations, it's stated to be a new, recently-developed Pokemon with anticipated great potential. (Yellow dex entry: The only Pokémon people anticipate can fly into space. None has managed the feat yet, however. Gold dex entry: It is a manmade Pokémon. Since it doesn't breathe, people are eager to try it in any environment.) In the Adventures manga a big deal is made out of Green being good enough at the slots to win one. I'm not massively into the TCG but I do have a book full of old cards somewhere in my attic and recall Porygon being a Dark Pokemon card (thus associated with TR) at least a couple of times: one of those also alludes to it being a coveted, rare species. (Team Rocket TCG expansion: More and more people play the slots every day, trying to win a Porygon.) It's generally thought that Silph Co. were behind Porygon's creation: RBY and FRLG state that Cinnabar's Pokemon Lab (which may be an offshoot or subsidiary of Silph) created Porygon, while LGPE states that "the research section" created it instead.

And yet despite the fact that Team Rocket are running Celadon's Game Corner and later invade Silph Co., they... don't seem that bothered by it. Sure, they say the Game Corner's a great enterprise - there's those three grunts in a house in Celadon who gloat about how the Game Corner is a big moneymaker, but none of them directly mention Porygon. ("Hehehe! The slots just reel in the dough, big time!" / "CHIEF! We just shipped 2000 POKEMON as slot prizes!") In fact, only one NPC, in the prize exchange building to boot, mentions Porygon by name ("I sure do fancy that PORYGON! But, it's hard to win at slots!")

Since the Game Corner also has a lot of other rare species available, this makes sense in context. And while it's explicit that Team Rocket's main goal is to make money, explaining why the grunts usually have common, low-tier species, a couple of them use Cubone and Marowak - fitting giving their association with that line - so it's odd that Porygon is never really used by Team Rocket except for a couple of scientists affiliated with them (one in Johto's Radio Tower and the other that guy that steals the Sapphire in the Sevii Islands, to my recollection). In fact, no NPCs use Porygon at all in RBY - even the scientists at Silph you might expect to.

You know what's weird? Porygon not being more associated with Team Rocket.

In the first couple of generations, it's stated to be a new, recently-developed Pokemon with anticipated great potential. (Yellow dex entry: The only Pokémon people anticipate can fly into space. None has managed the feat yet, however. Gold dex entry: It is a manmade Pokémon. Since it doesn't breathe, people are eager to try it in any environment.) In the Adventures manga a big deal is made out of Green being good enough at the slots to win one. I'm not massively into the TCG but I do have a book full of old cards somewhere in my attic and recall Porygon being a Dark Pokemon card (thus associated with TR) at least a couple of times: one of those also alludes to it being a coveted, rare species. (Team Rocket TCG expansion: More and more people play the slots every day, trying to win a Porygon.) It's generally thought that Silph Co. were behind Porygon's creation: RBY and FRLG state that Cinnabar's Pokemon Lab (which may be an offshoot or subsidiary of Silph) created Porygon, while LGPE states that "the research section" created it instead.

And yet despite the fact that Team Rocket are running Celadon's Game Corner and later invade Silph Co., they... don't seem that bothered by it. Sure, they say the Game Corner's a great enterprise - there's those three grunts in a house in Celadon who gloat about how the Game Corner is a big moneymaker, but none of them directly mention Porygon. ("Hehehe! The slots just reel in the dough, big time!" / "CHIEF! We just shipped 2000 POKEMON as slot prizes!") In fact, only one NPC, in the prize exchange building to boot, mentions Porygon by name ("I sure do fancy that PORYGON! But, it's hard to win at slots!")

Since the Game Corner also has a lot of other rare species available, this makes sense in context. And while it's explicit that Team Rocket's main goal is to make money, explaining why the grunts usually have common, low-tier species, a couple of them use Cubone and Marowak - fitting giving their association with that line - so it's odd that Porygon is never really used by Team Rocket except for a couple of scientists affiliated with them (one in Johto's Radio Tower and the other that guy that steals the Sapphire in the Sevii Islands, to my recollection). In fact, no NPCs use Porygon at all in RBY - even the scientists at Silph you might expect to.
While we're at it, why is the line also absent from Rainbow Rocket in gen 7? Porygon-Z is expressly stated to have been made as an attempt at interdimensional travel, and RR seems past the point where it might care more about sell value than combat ability.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
On a similar note, Porygon-Z specifically seems like it's intended to be a Team Galactic Pokemon except no Galactic member in any continuity that I'm aware of actually brings it out. It's a weird fucked up Porygon that was made to travel through dimensions and there are Scientist NPC trainers who use the line, one in Galactic HQ even going up to Porygon2, but never is Z brought out.

Magnezone is another case of this, being a UFO mon whose evolution method is tied to Mt. Coronet. At least it's used by Pokespe Cyrus and DPA Mars though

On a similar note, Porygon-Z specifically seems like it's intended to be a Team Galactic Pokemon except no Galactic member in any continuity that I'm aware of actually brings it out. It's a weird fucked up Porygon that was made to travel through dimensions and there are Scientist NPC trainers who use the line, one in Galactic HQ even going up to Porygon2, but never is Z brought out.

Magnezone is another case of this, being a UFO mon whose evolution method is tied to Mt. Coronet. At least it's used by Pokespe Cyrus and DPA Mars though
Sinnoh's cross-gen evolutions offered a ton of potential for theming and characterisation that wasn't realised, and it makes Team Galactic's rosters seem worse because of what could have been. From memory, the Bike Shop owner in Eterna says that his Pokemon was stolen by a Grunt who said "Clefairy came from space! Hand it over!" but we never see time or space theming among any of Team Galactic's Pokemon.

Obviously, DP locking a lot of Pokemon behind postgame had a lot to do with this, but it would have been cool to see Pokemon like the magnetic field evos and the Ancient Power evos make an appearance, maybe on the Commanders' teams.

QuentinQuonce

Sinnoh's cross-gen evolutions offered a ton of potential for theming and characterisation that wasn't realised, and it makes Team Galactic's rosters seem worse because of what could have been. From memory, the Bike Shop owner in Eterna says that his Pokemon was stolen by a Grunt who said "Clefairy came from space! Hand it over!" but we never see time or space theming among any of Team Galactic's Pokemon.

Obviously, DP locking a lot of Pokemon behind postgame had a lot to do with this, but it would have been cool to see Pokemon like the magnetic field evos and the Ancient Power evos make an appearance, maybe on the Commanders' teams.
A few of them do use Clefairy iirc, which I thought was a nice touch as it's an atypical choice for an evil team.

A fair few Galactic members use Bronzor which is... sort of quite on brand too. It's an ancient Pokemon with mysterious powers that fits all the ancient caves and ruins affiliated with TG's goals.

But yeah, in general Sinnoh's dex isn't really suited to Team Galactic's theme. They mostly use Bug and Poison Pokemon, but Psychic would have been the most fitting type for them to favour (and would have differentiated them from Team Rocket). The aces of each of the commanders feel... not entirely unfitting, but more like they just chose Pokemon that weren't taken by any other NPC.

A few of them do use Clefairy iirc, which I thought was a nice touch as it's an atypical choice for an evil team.
I thought I was going crazy so I checked and Clefairy is not used by any Galactic Grunts. You do battle Grunts in Veilstone alongside Lucas/Dawn's Clefairy, so maybe that's where the memory came from?
EDIT: OHH there's one Grunt who says that Team Galactic is going to take his Clefairy away as punishment for losing, but he doesn't use one in your battle against him. I guess they do have Clefairy but just never use it in battle? Weird how often they reference Clefairy without including any in their rosters.

That aside, I agree that Bronzor is probably the most fitting mon that they use.

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

I thought I was going crazy so I checked and Clefairy is not used by any Galactic Grunts. You do battle Grunts in Veilstone alongside Lucas/Dawn's Clefairy, so maybe that's where the memory came from?
EDIT: OHH there's one Grunt who says that Team Galactic is going to take his Clefairy away as punishment for losing, but he doesn't use one in your battle against him. I guess they do have Clefairy but just never use it in battle? Weird how often they reference Clefairy without including any in their rosters.

That aside, I agree that Bronzor is probably the most fitting mon that they use.
Huh I could have sworn a couple of them used it in battle. Oh well. Maybe it's like their mascot and they can't bear to put them in harm's way.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Copypasting a post I made somewhere a couple of days ago.

A lot of completely wack stuff coming from me that I've built up throughout this past month. Here goes!

I believe Reshiram and Zekrom were responsible for Entralink's creation, as it's part of Unova and the region was created by them.

In addition, the manga showed a direct connection between the Light/Dark Stones and Dream World, including a moment where White (Hilda) got dragged into Dream World by being absorbed into the Light Stone. As we know the Light Stone and Dark Stones are just Reshiram and Zekrom's body shifted into a rock, this may suggest the two are entities of dreams.

Reshiram and Zekrom resemble human desires, aspirations, and wishes. They exist in attempt to help fulfill humanity's wishes even if it means great sacrifice to their well-being.

Based on Sword and Shield's dex entries, Kyurem is likely a byproduct, present to enforce either Reshiram's or Zekrom's philosophy to reign over the other and decide the world's fate. Reshiram and Zekrom are equal forces. Neither can overcome the other. With Kyurem however, one will overcome the other.

If I got you with this headcanon, I might lose you with this next one.

================================================================================================

Lockstin made a significant theory about a universal reset happening after the Alola games, leading us back to Kanto. This was primarily based on how Gamefreak utilized Alchemy references from Generation 6 and the build-up for Sun and Moon. Shockingly enough they actually did this with LGPE, and even had a unique diagram to show how LGPE's universe was created, in a way that heavily suggests Arceus had no direct connection with the creation of LGPE universes.

The video does not address what I'm about to say. I believe Pokémon used the 4 Ethers of Archeus as part of their way to build up a hard reset in the direction Pokémon's franchise would take from there.

From wikipedia:
"In alchemy, Archeus, or archaeus, is a term used generally to refer to the lowest and most dense aspect of the astral plane which presides over the growth and continuation of all living beings. The term was used by medieval Paracelsus and those after him, such as Jan Baptist van Helmont.[1]

To define it, the philosophers maintained that the Archeus was the segment of the closest quadrant of the higher worlds which blends with some similarity to the highest vibrations of our physical world. Essentially it was seen as the gray area wherein matter, speaking parallel and not laterally, begins to transmute into spiritual energies. In effect, it is the glue which binds the heavens to the material, and so allows the maxim as above, so below."

Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem could resemble the Reflective Ether, because the Reflective Ether is based on the reflections of human memory, imagination, desires, and perception, much like what the aforementioned suggests. Kyurem is thrown into this off all 3 originally being one whole entity.

Xerneas could resemble the Life Ether, as it creates life energy and distributes it to give life to its surroundings.

Yveltal could resemble the Chemical Ether. This is a long one to explain so hear me out.

Yveltal p1:
Both Xerneas and Yveltal are of equal influence and all living beings under the description of Ethers contain both the Chemical and Life Ether. The Chemical Ether consists of energies responsible for perpetuation of chemical actions in the world existing. This could generally mean evolution and Mega Evolution, and can be backed up by how Mega Evolution was formed through Pokemon Life energy being weaponized (like a chemical), then spread throughout the universe, only for chunks of it to radiate into stones, changing them into Mega Stones, like a chemical reaction.

Yveltal p2:
Something else that supports this is an explanation in Magearna and The Mechanical Marvel, explaining why the megas in that movie were going through so much pain. Under normal circumstances of Mega Evolution, when Mega Evolution is performed correctly, the Pokémon radiates in a blue aura and is able to hold itself together very well without seeming to be in pain. This blue aura is said to be Xerneas's power. When Mega Evolution is not performed correctly, typically through the lack of proper connection between trainer and Pokémon, the Pokémon radiates in a red aura and is left feeling intense amounts of pain. The movie said that red aura comes from Yveltal's energy, which makes sense as the games claim that both Xerneas and Yveltal's powers are what's responsible for the effects of Mega Evolution. Chemical effects tend to often cause pain, so perhaps this makes another connection.

Yveltal p3:
In alchemy, the aura of Life Ether is a streaming blue and white light. The aura of Chemical Ether is a red. This could directly tie in to Xerneas's aura being blue and Yveltal's being red. This could also reflect their Fairy Aura and Dark Aura abilities.

Zygarde would not necessarily tie into the 4 Ethers of Archeus. It is simply present to mediate the influence of Xerneas and Yveltal and act as the ultimate guard of Pokémon's realms. It exists to ensure life on Earth remains sustainable and balanced, with not too many creatures but also not so little to where ecosystems are completely destroyed.

Zygarde either strikes if people, Pokémon, objects, or any sort of substances are directly causing harm to ecosystems from within, as Yveltal can't really do anything without just doing more damage, and Xerneas's case ends in a repetitive loop, or it strikes when there is a force that is actively causing imbalance to the world's ecosystems to an extreme degree.

To elaborate on this, if Kyogre awakens and gains overwhelming amounts of power but then gets stopped before the damage it commits becomes too much for a population to be sustained, Zygarde will not do anything. Its job is not to prevent deaths. Heck, it enforces genocide to happen sometimes (hence, it ensuring Yveltal does its job) and likely for the same exact reasons Lysandre wanted genocide. The idea that overpopulation leads to chaos ongoing in the world, causing people to fight over and steal each other's limited resources, and creating brutal wars reminiscent of the ancient Kalos war. The anime even addressed Zygarde agreeing with Lysandre in some regard! Zygarde's job is simply to enforce order to end chaos and return the state of the ecosystems back to running as normal.

Ultra Beasts invade into many types of ecosystems on their own and directly obstruct their development, actively causing chaos within them, and are far too specific for Yveltal to be able to target without simply causing more destruction. Dealing with them is much more of a case specific to Zygarde.

I went off course here. I really like explaining Zygarde.

Solgaleo and Lunala could resemble the Light Ether, because they are both entities of light who mainly channel it in some way. Solgaleo creates endless amounts of light and emits it in mass amounts, oftentimes creating the light of day. Lunala eats up light and concentrates it within itself, creating a night sky and serving as the moon's light. It is also said that the Light Ether is used to bring objects from a plane outside the universe into the universe, which could reflect on how these two regularly open up Ultra Wormholes and themselves along as other things through them.

and lastly...

Necrozma could resemble Archeus and all 4 of its Ethers!

Reflective
- The light it reflects as a prism, the reflection of how human desire managed to destroy it, and the curse behind the aftermath of humanity's betrayal towards Necrozma living in the memories of all humans associated with Necrozma.

Life - The aura Necrozma was able to emit, showing the ability to revitalize environments surrounding it in the anime, and causing the Alola region in the games to overflow with life force. From Bulbapedia, according to Shigeru Ohmori, the name "Alola" is meant to incorporate a meaning of a land that overflows with life force and supports various forms of life. Specifically, the name may come from ola (Hawaiian for life) and the traditional Hawaiian word aloha, which, beyond its use as a greeting, also signifies a respect and love for the shared life force between all. In addition, the anime confirms Necrozma created the Alola region there, and the cames confirm Necrozma was indirectly responsible for shaping all of Alola's present traditions as well as their overall culture. Necrozma's aura was also responsible for allowing various Pokémon to grow bigger than normal. This is very similar to how the aura emitted from AZ's machine in XY caused AZ to grow very tall due to the overexposure of life force.

Chemical - The effect Necrozma's aura has on Z-Crystals and on other Pokémon, creating a chemical reaction that causes Z-Moves to happen, and otherwise just changing Pokémon into a state where they not only grow larger, but gain numerous stat boosts.

Light - Its main trait is absorbing and channeling light. This one is obvious.

This next part may be a coincidence in comparison, but Archeus looks similar to Arceus, the all-encompassing deity of Pokémon. This does not mean Arceus is the only god the series has, just the ultimate one in which everything in the series serves as a fragment of. I don't believe Arceus has a direct connection to the alchemic term, as Arceus's concept reaches far beyond just alchemy, but I believe Necrozma might have taken it instead.

Necrozma is worshipped as a god by mankind in alternate worlds and indirectly worshipped in Alola. It also has a signature Z-Move called Heaven-Scorching Light of Destruction in Japanese. Very coincidental as Heaven is seen as a higher realm in religion, and Archeus binds the heavens with the physical world. In other words, it binds the higher realms with lower realms.

Finally, it has also been plausibly theorized to have done the "universal reset" Lockstin theorized prior to SM's release and create LGPE universes.
NECROZMA Explains the Let's Go Pikachu Timeline! | Gnoggin | Pokemon. Of course Pokémon's canon is a multiverse consisting of infinite universes, so they weren't going to actually end ALL of Pokémon per say, but the fact this reference still stuck out for universes after all of this is quite mind-boggling to me.

Oh yeah completely unrelated to all of this but, the energy behind Z-Moves and what came from Necrozma was simply just the same raw Infinity Energy Xerneas and Yveltal generate and are in control of. All Pokémon share this energy and channel it in different ways, but Necrozma was able to do it in such a way that significantly alters the course of environments it's present under, to a degree higher than nearly every other species in the series. Too many similarities exist between Infinity Energy and what Necrozma channeled. Infinity Energy and the energy from Z-Moves both create wormholes that lead species or objects to alternate universes, they give life to the environments around them, alter life and nature in various ways, and require a proper connection between trainer and Pokémon in order to fully utilize. The only difference from a lore perspective is how they are used mechanically in battle. One is a form transformation, the other utilizes that energy into a Z-Move instead. X, Y, Z. I do not believe Dynamax and Terastallization are the exact same raw energy because neither require the bond between trainer and Pokémon, nor give life to environments surrounding them. They seem to be unique powers actively generated by the legendaries responsible for them, perhaps still through Infinity Energy, whereas Necrozma was never said to generate light or the aura it distributed.

Other coincidences that could tie into all of this would involve characters from exclusively Gens 5, 6, and 7 having some sort of big role within Gen 7's main stories, with Grimsley, Colress, Dexio, and Sina being the ones to play a part outside Alola characters, and then the Parfum Palace in Pokémon XY having statues of Reshiram and Zekrom out of sheer respect for their impact. All older gen characters who feature in Alola's postgame stories were direct travelers from alternate universes or Looker, who pretty much did that in ORAS anyway. All other older gen characters period were exclusively reserved for Alola's Battle Tree. Last I have for this is that AZ's name comes from the first and last letters of the English alphabet, but Gen 5 had a character named N, whose name is a letter in the middle of the alphabet.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've been obsessed with the Vs. Recorder for quite some time thanks to how it works in the 3DS titles, so I've been trying to figure out how its Mock Battles work within Pokémon's canon. Most would say it's just a device that just recreates battles for you to play digitally and shouldn't be taken seriously. While most of this is true, Pokémon is almost never that simple. There may be a deeper way this works and I believe I can find a way to explain these battles actually happening in real-time canon. It all starts with the concept of cyberspace.

Cue Porygon:
LeafGreenA Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace.

Multiple dex entries of Porygon confirm the existence of cyberspace in the series and how creatures are able to traverse through it after being converted into programming code. We are also aware that when Pokémon enter into Poké Balls, they can be sent into a personal computer and sent into a PC box. This likely means Poké Balls take Pokémon into a cyberspace dimension of their own, where they can communicate with other digital devices they come into contact with.

One point supporting this is a trainer in the Heahea City Pokémon Center describing Poké Balls as "An infinite world, in such a small, round space." Heahea City is the place where a lab focusing on Pokémon dimensions is present. From this, we can suggest that Poké Balls contain some form of alternate dimension in them. Since they're devices compatible with computerized systems known to store Pokémon in as data, we can assume the dimensions in Poké Balls are parts of cyberspace.

Another point to be made is how a trainer can enter into the Festival Plaza, a place within cyberspace, in order to engage in real-time battles against players from across the series playing other Alola games. To activate a battle, they would have to pick any Pokémon of their choice from within their PC boxes or their party and then activate the battle in Festival Plaza itself. With both party members and PC box members being equally applicable to this, and Poké Balls being compatible with PC boxes, it's safe to say Poké Balls contain cyberspace dimensions.

Next thing to address is how there is direct confirmation that objects created in cyberspace are able to be materialized into Pokémon's physical reality. This is shown through the existence of Porygon and through items you can obtain within Gen 7's Festival Plaza. The Poké Pelago could possibly serve as this too, since your Pokémon somehow immediately end up there after being placed in your PC box, and yet the Poké Pelago is a physical island located on the far northeast of Alola you can traverse to from anywhere at any point. You even access Poké Pelago from some Ultra Beast universe 5236 light years away from your own! By the logic of all this, Pokémon's cyberspace can be considered one in the same as Pokémon's reality, which may sound crazy, but Hoenn's Southern Island, Unova's Entralink, and Arceus's Eternal Battle Reverie all already confirm dreams are one in the same with Pokémon's reality as well. This shouldn't be a reach.

What does this mean for the Vs. Recorder?
We know the Vs. Recorder is a device where you can either see or re-enact battles recorded inside it. When you re-enact these battles, you are also drawing out Pokémon from either your party or your PC box to do so, much the battles that take place in Festival Plaza. Because cyberspace exists in Pokémon, the Vs. Recorder is a digital device, and you can use both Pokémon from Poké Balls in your party and Pokémon from PC boxes in order to re-enact matches, it is safe to say that the Vs. Recorder also contains cyberspace dimensions.

The only significant point further supporting this and the idea of objects in cyberspace materializing into physical reality comes from Heahea City itself. As aforementioned, Heahea City contains a lab studying dimensions. It is called Dimensional Research Lab, and their slogan is, "Where the dimensions are given physical form." In the Dimensional Research Lab, there's about a half-dozen people you can talk to and a couple books in shelves you can read. One of the people in the lab talks about the Vs. Recorder and how you can not only rewatch old battles, but hold mock battles against teams captured in the battle video. Another person talks about Battle Boxes being great. Just about every other single piece of written dialogue you can read from the people and books in the lab directly relates to alternate dimensions in some way, shape or form. Battle Boxes may as well apply too, since Battle Boxes are a part of PC boxes and PC boxes are where the dimensions in Poké Balls most directly connect to a computerized system to allow mass Pokémon storage. With all of this in mind, the only thing left is the Vs. Recorder. It would be very odd for this place to single out unique dialogue about the Vs. Recorder if they weren't related to alternate dimensions, in a lab all about alternate dimensions where every other piece of dialogue directly relates to alternate dimensions. The Alola games had multiple other labs the Vs. Recorder could've been mentioned in, such as Professor Kukui's Pokémon Research Lab, the lab of Geothermal Power Plant, the labs at Hokulani Observatory, the labs of Aether Foundation, and many smaller labs spread throughout the Alola region, but Game Freak only decided to have people in the overworld mention the Vs. Recorder in the Dimensional Research Lab specifically. This could have been to used to give us a message, or just because it's where they thought was most convenient. Either way, it heavily suggests the Vs. Recorder is has ties to alternate dimensions alongside everything else aforementioned.

Conclusion
I'd like to believe Vs. Recorder mock battles are simply battles staged in a repetitive loop of space-time in a cyberspace dimension within your device for your Pokémon to engage in real-time battles against. When you connect with cyberspace and engage in online battles with Pokémon, the initial battle you have against someone there can get saved into your device, creating a pocket dimension where the space-time within it is looped to the start of the original battle you played. From within it, you are able to canonically re-create the battle to how you'd prefer it. Although these battles happen in real-time, they do not get documented within the fabric of its reality as the space-time within your pocket dimension gets looped back to the beginning of your original battle after each and every mock battle. In return, you are able go back and redo the same battle again whenever desired, for an indefinite amount of times.

tl;dr: Vs. Recorder Mock Battles are real-time battles that happen in pocket dimensions you created in cyberspace. These dimensions loop their space-time to the beginning of the initial battles you played to create them after each mock battle and you are allowed to to re-create the match however you like, whenever you desire. Pokémon rewards you for using your imagination.

I've been obsessed with the Vs. Recorder for quite some time thanks to how it works in the 3DS titles, so I've been trying to figure out how its Mock Battles work within Pokémon's canon. Most would say it's just a device that just recreates battles for you to play digitally and shouldn't be taken seriously. While most of this is true, Pokémon is almost never that simple. There may be a deeper way this works and I believe I can find a way to explain these battles actually happening in real-time canon. It all starts with the concept of cyberspace.

Cue Porygon:
LeafGreenA Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace.

Multiple dex entries of Porygon confirm the existence of cyberspace in the series and how creatures are able to traverse through it after being converted into programming code. We are also aware that when Pokémon enter into Poké Balls, they can be sent into a personal computer and sent into a PC box. This likely means Poké Balls take Pokémon into a cyberspace dimension of their own, where they can communicate with other digital devices they come into contact with.

One point supporting this is a trainer in the Heahea City Pokémon Center describing Poké Balls as "An infinite world, in such a small, round space." Heahea City is the place where a lab focusing on Pokémon dimensions is present. From this, we can suggest that Poké Balls contain some form of alternate dimension in them. Since they're devices compatible with computerized systems known to store Pokémon in as data, we can assume the dimensions in Poké Balls are parts of cyberspace.

Another point to be made is how a trainer can enter into the Festival Plaza, a place within cyberspace, in order to engage in real-time battles against players from across the series playing other Alola games. To activate a battle, they would have to pick any Pokémon of their choice from within their PC boxes or their party and then activate the battle in Festival Plaza itself. With both party members and PC box members being equally applicable to this, and Poké Balls being compatible with PC boxes, it's safe to say Poké Balls contain cyberspace dimensions.

Next thing to address is how there is direct confirmation that objects created in cyberspace are able to be materialized into Pokémon's physical reality. This is shown through the existence of Porygon and through items you can obtain within Gen 7's Festival Plaza. The Poké Pelago could possibly serve as this too, since your Pokémon somehow immediately end up there after being placed in your PC box, and yet the Poké Pelago is a physical island located on the far northeast of Alola you can traverse to from anywhere at any point. You even access Poké Pelago from some Ultra Beast universe 5236 light years away from your own! By the logic of all this, Pokémon's cyberspace can be considered one in the same as Pokémon's reality, which may sound crazy, but Hoenn's Southern Island, Unova's Entralink, and Arceus's Eternal Battle Reverie all already confirm dreams are one in the same with Pokémon's reality as well. This shouldn't be a reach.

What does this mean for the Vs. Recorder?
We know the Vs. Recorder is a device where you can either see or re-enact battles recorded inside it. When you re-enact these battles, you are also drawing out Pokémon from either your party or your PC box to do so, much the battles that take place in Festival Plaza. Because cyberspace exists in Pokémon, the Vs. Recorder is a digital device, and you can use both Pokémon from Poké Balls in your party and Pokémon from PC boxes in order to re-enact matches, it is safe to say that the Vs. Recorder also contains cyberspace dimensions.

The only significant point further supporting this and the idea of objects in cyberspace materializing into physical reality comes from Heahea City itself. As aforementioned, Heahea City contains a lab studying dimensions. It is called Dimensional Research Lab, and their slogan is, "Where the dimensions are given physical form." In the Dimensional Research Lab, there's about a half-dozen people you can talk to and a couple books in shelves you can read. One of the people in the lab talks about the Vs. Recorder and how you can not only rewatch old battles, but hold mock battles against teams captured in the battle video. Another person talks about Battle Boxes being great. Just about every other single piece of written dialogue you can read from the people and books in the lab directly relates to alternate dimensions in some way, shape or form. Battle Boxes may as well apply too, since Battle Boxes are a part of PC boxes and PC boxes are where the dimensions in Poké Balls most directly connect to a computerized system to allow mass Pokémon storage. With all of this in mind, the only thing left is the Vs. Recorder. It would be very odd for this place to single out unique dialogue about the Vs. Recorder if they weren't related to alternate dimensions, in a lab all about alternate dimensions where every other piece of dialogue directly relates to alternate dimensions. The Alola games had multiple other labs the Vs. Recorder could've been mentioned in, such as Professor Kukui's Pokémon Research Lab, the lab of Geothermal Power Plant, the labs at Hokulani Observatory, the labs of Aether Foundation, and many smaller labs spread throughout the Alola region, but Game Freak only decided to have people in the overworld mention the Vs. Recorder in the Dimensional Research Lab specifically. This could have been to used to give us a message, or just because it's where they thought was most convenient. Either way, it heavily suggests the Vs. Recorder is has ties to alternate dimensions alongside everything else aforementioned.

Conclusion
I'd like to believe Vs. Recorder mock battles are simply battles staged in a repetitive loop of space-time in a cyberspace dimension within your device for your Pokémon to engage in real-time battles against. When you connect with cyberspace and engage in online battles with Pokémon, the initial battle you have against someone there can get saved into your device, creating a pocket dimension where the space-time within it is looped to the start of the original battle you played. From within it, you are able to canonically re-create the battle to how you'd prefer it. Although these battles happen in real-time, they do not get documented within the fabric of its reality as the space-time within your pocket dimension gets looped back to the beginning of your original battle after each and every mock battle. In return, you are able go back and redo the same battle again whenever desired, for an indefinite amount of times.

tl;dr: Vs. Recorder Mock Battles are real-time battles that happen in pocket dimensions you created in cyberspace. These dimensions loop their space-time to the beginning of the initial battles you played to create them after each mock battle and you are allowed to to re-create the match however you like, whenever you desire. Pokémon rewards you for using your imagination.
It's probably worth bringing up XD's battle CDs here. It could potentially also be extended to explain where Facilities get their mons from.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
It's probably worth bringing up XD's battle CDs here. It could potentially also be extended to explain where Facilities get their mons from.
Oh shoot I didn't know about that. Thanks! The logic of this being where facilities get their Pokemon from could also tie in with the Battle Agency, which has you battle in cyberspace (Festival Plaza) against Pokemon that match the ones in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Battle Tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)