ORAS PU My Team ive been experimenting with

So I have really been enjoying playing around with PU teams, and this is my current team and i'm looking for any feeedback. Thanks!

absolute murder (Raticate) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

So Raticate was my original motivation for making this team, I just Loved the idea of using a raticate to murder and entire team, Raticate led to my decision to use Illumise. Facade for the obvious sweep power, and sucker punch for those faster or those with priority moves.

no thanks (Illumise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

So usually I open with Illumise hoping they will open with something that will use a hazard, so I can Substitute into encore and force them to swap out and stay in and give me a free turn either way. This is to give me time to swap out to Raticate (or now Monferno) using Baton Pass so he has room to swords dance one time, just to make sure he can basically one shot 90% of things.

i'm okay i guess (Kricketune) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
- Endeavor

Kricketune is for when their team is very speed heavy and I want to be able to get that sticky web out so that sweeping is still possible to some degree. And he is great against other openers with the high speed taunt, and if he is put against an offensive pokemon i can just Endeavor and cut my losses.

PUNCH YOU (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Monferno is for when raticate really doesnt seem like a good idea, and its really nice having the Iron Fist boost on Mach Punch's priority, especially if I get one swords dance in.

ogre magi + 1 (Dodrio) @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Dodrio just has a great super effective spread against most teams in PU (at least in my experience) and I felt i had too many pokemon without offensive capabilities, so I decided to add a dodrio in. Its helpful to swap into this after using endeavor on kricketune leaving them on 1%, so i can make sure they faint with Pursuit.

wish u were me (Audino) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

My 6th slot gave me a lot of trouble. I started with Avalugg for the rapid spin, and then to whirlipede because i felt i was lacking hazards, but he never seemed helpful enough. So i decided i wanted a wish swapped to keep raticate healthy, or basically just to try to keep my offensives in the game. The encore is helpful too.

This is my first post ever so I hope i gave enough info to get some help~!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Galdragon, nice Raticate team

The first issue I see, is that Audino doesn't fit well on this team, as the rest is hyper offense, whereas Audino is very passive and really drains momentum from the team. Currently, you lack a Stealth Rock user, and much to take on Flying types which give webs teams big problems, so I recomend you use Golem over Audino. It gives you a Normal/Flying/Electric check in one slot and it provides a lot of pressure on Defog users like Vullaby which annoy your team.

Next, if its your goal to sweep with Raticate, I think you should run Murkrow over Dodrio, as right now Dodrio has issues with a lot of defensive threats that raticate does, whereas Murkrow can run a mixed set in order to lure them it. For example, Hidden Power Grass can KO Relicanth and Golem, and Murkrow still has raw strength that Dodrio has and provides priority.

Lastly, I don't think Illimuse fits well here, it gives an option for things like Defog Vullaby and set up sweepers to come in, so I recomend you use Grumpig over Illimuse. Grumpig provides you with an important check to Rotom-f, which can outspeed your team with Choice Scarf due to levitate, while having decent special bulk so it can help check other special attackers like Kadabra. Also, with Taunt you prevent Defog users from removing your hazards.

Though normally Im meant to change only a max of 3 Pokemon, I think you should try Leavanny over Kricketune, as they have exactly the same role, but leavanny is faster so can get webs up against stuff like Taunt Misdreavus, and is more offensive pressuring.

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power Grass
- Thunder Wave

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Hope I helped!

Thank you very much Anty! Im going to try these changes and hope they go well, though from your explanation I can understand why this would make things much easier for me. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)