F.L.Y. (Salamence) @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Dance
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

This flying multi-launch (thus Dragon Dance) coaster and Salamence both share the slogan "the dream to fly!" and they for sure are both Intimidating as well! I might've not seen the Flames but I saw the smoke.

The industrial revolution / steampunk theming, the music, the view from above, the super smooth inversions and the feeling of flying with even a surprising amount of airtime on a flying coaster of all things make this my most favourite coaster. Last row on this is still the most forceful ride Phantasialand has to offer and already makes me want to go back to the park for even more. Now if only the wait times weren't usually at 45-70+ minutes (despite the loading into the seats being done super efficiently) even on weekdays outside of school holidays...

1663374673769.png
1663438434195.png

Taron (Aerodactyl) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
Hasty Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Taunt

That dramatic music at the start of this multi-launch (hence Agility) coaster is quite Taunting. I've acquired the Expert Belt upon having overcome Taron the first time. Not Rock Head because it CAN and did pull my neck a bit the first time, while there certainly was Pressure to go through it. Otherwise, it is not actually that forceful if you intercept the turns in time, it is mostly all about the speed rather than about vertical forces (though there is one VERY good ejector airtime hill on it early on that I absolutely adore). The theming is top notch here as well.

1663374785059.png
1663438474455.png

Black Mamba (Tyranitar) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Seismic Toss
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Dance

This inverted hanging coaster inside a desert area hits in all the wrong ways on first row in a helix like 3/4 way in - OW, my neck. Besides that though, riding it on last row (could see people in front of me react ahead of time so I could react better to the helix) was glass smooth, loved the dark theming below the ground and the intense Dancey drum beats during the slow lift. You could sort of hang an inversion around Tyranitar's spikes around its two sides and that's what an inversion around spikes in the foreshadowing waiting area looked like too.

By the way, the inversion of the first drop from the picture doesn't feel like anything besides "oh the sky is below me now so I guess I'm already inside the inversion" - there's no upside down hang time unlike on something like Sky Scream from Holiday Park.

1663374998915.png
1663438512873.png

Talocan (Claydol) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Levitate
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [both Water AND Fire]

This suspended spinning top Spins Rapidly for sure and Claydol sort of keeps the theming of some creepy aztec God statue with Sass. Thankfully I didn't get dizzy or nauseous, but I was Psyched out for the longest time before I dared to go onto this one - it is a lot less unpleasant than it looks, though! It is actually fun and for me the truly unpleasant parts were surprisingly not the ones I expected at all (spoiler: they were the non-upside down hang times - that's right: not the upside down hang times, nor the spins). The wall behind it and the dramatic soundtrack add so much to the experience too.

Most of the time (based on what I saw in videos and from the spectator area in real life) it only spins 4 + 4 or 4 + 5 times.. Instead, I got 5 + 6 (never saw that happen before), so I immediately laughed my head off.. or up?..

1663413240662.png
1663438541655.png

Colorado Adventure (Flygon) @ Escape Rope
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Screech
- U-turn

This coalminer is arguably very forceful despite being dubbed as a "family coaster" - it somehow can pack more of a punch than Taron or even last row on Black Mamba... Well, all the wagons Screeching do lower Defense by 2 stages, so I suppose that explains it though. Inside the dark tunnel areas it especially gets very Quick and forceful with lots of U-turns, as if you had activated an Escape Rope inside the cave and thus you were dragged asap out of it.

This has the consistently lowest wait times at between 1 to 20 minutes so if F.L.Y., Taron and Black Mamba aren't at a lower wait time than usual, I just ride this to spend time, always guaranteed fun. Thus it's easily the ride I've ridden the most amount of times, yet I still cannot fully do this with my hands not on the handles - my back doesn't thank me for that (yet I can do Taron like that - which still isn't the best idea for my back, but more doable nonetheless).

1663413348410.png
1663438580469.png

River Quest (Swampert) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Seismic Toss
- Surf
- Waterfall

The often forgotten, Modest one, a wild water rafting ride. I loved the medieval castle theming. I think the spikes additionally also keep the birds away - hitting two birds with one..spike! I do think that Muddy Water wasn't to be drunk from, anyway.

Honorable mentions: Winja's Fear spinning coaster (would've made my top 6 if not for usually too long wait times, also it was easier to find a pokemon for River Quest), Crazy Bats VR coaster, Mystery Castle bungee-jump indoor tower in darkness (less scary and forceful than it sounds), Chiapas water flume (excellent for beginners to get over a fear of drops).

For beginners to coasters, Crazy Bats, Raik and Winja's Force are good introductions before moving to Winja's Fear, Colorado Adventure and Taron. After getting used to Colorado Adventure and having ridden Taron, it should not be that scary to do F.L.Y. and Black Mamba.

Did I mention that the themings are my favourite parts? Ironic that now I created a theme team myself (although unuseable in competitive play).

The soundtracks in all the areas are absolutely gorgeous as well in general.

I have never laughed this much in my life as on most of these rides. 10/10

P.S. I had a serious fear of heights up until just months ago but I was determined to build up to larger heights (using things like Tikal and Chiapas) and beat my fear so that I could ride F.L.Y. one day - and now I indirectly feel like I can beat all my other fears too.

Last edited:
Pictures taken from Google Images.

View attachment 453616 View attachment 453649

F.L.Y. (Salamence) @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Dance
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

This flying multi-launch (thus Dragon Dance) coaster and Salamence both share the slogan "the dream to fly!" and they for sure are both Intimidating as well! I might've not seen the Flames but I saw the smoke.

The industrial revolution / steampunk theming, the music, the view from above, the super smooth inversions and the feeling of flying with even a surprising amount of airtime on a flying coaster of all things make this my most favourite coaster. Last row on this is still the most forceful ride Phantasialand has to offer and already makes me want to go back to the park for even more. Now if only the wait times weren't usually at 45-70+ minutes (despite the loading into the seats being done super efficiently) even on weekdays outside of school holidays...

View attachment 453582 View attachment 453650

Taron (Aerodactyl) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
Hasty Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Taunt

That dramatic music at the start of this multi-launch (hence Agility) coaster is quite Taunting. I've acquired the Expert Belt upon having overcome Taron the first time. Not Rock Head because it CAN and did pull my neck a bit the first time, while there certainly was Pressure to go through it. Otherwise, it is not actually that forceful if you intercept the turns in time, it is mostly all about the speed rather than about vertical forces (though there is one VERY good ejector airtime hill on it early on that I absolutely adore). The theming is top notch here as well.

View attachment 453583View attachment 453651

Black Mamba (Tyranitar) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Seismic Toss
- Rock Blast
- Dragon Dance

This inverted hanging coaster inside a desert area hits in all the wrong ways on first row in a helix like 3/4 way in - OW, my neck. Besides that though, riding it on last row (could see people in front of me react ahead of time so I could react better to the helix) was glass smooth, loved the dark theming below the ground and the intense Dancey drum beats during the slow lift. You could sort of hang an inversion around Tyranitar's spikes around its two sides and that's what an inversion around spikes in the foreshadowing waiting area looked like too.

By the way, the inversion of the first drop from the picture doesn't feel like anything besides "oh the sky is below me now so I guess I'm already inside the inversion" - there's no upside down hang time unlike on something like Sky Scream from Holiday Park.

View attachment 453585View attachment 453652

Talocan (Claydol) @ Scope Lens
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [both Water AND Fire]

This suspended spinning top Spins Rapidly for sure and Claydol sort of keeps the theming of some creepy aztec God statue with Sass. Thankfully I didn't get dizzy or nauseous, but I was Psyched out for the longest time before I dared to go onto this one - it is a lot less unpleasant than it looks, though! It is actually fun and for me the truly unpleasant parts were surprisingly not the ones I expected at all (spoiler: they were the non-upside down hang times - that's right: not the upside down hang times, nor the spins). The wall behind it and the dramatic soundtrack add so much to the experience too.

Most of the time (based on what I saw in videos and from the spectator area in real life) it only spins 4 + 4 or 4 + 5 times.. Instead, I got 5 + 6 (never saw that happen before), so I immediately laughed my head off.. or up?..

View attachment 453614View attachment 453653

Colorado Adventure (Flygon) @ Escape Rope
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Screech
- U-turn

This coalminer is arguably very forceful despite being dubbed as a "family coaster" - it somehow can pack more of a punch than Taron or even last row on Black Mamba... Well, all the wagons Screeching do lower Defense by 2 stages, so I suppose that explains it though. Inside the dark tunnel areas it especially gets very Quick and forceful with lots of U-turns, as if you had activated an Escape Rope inside the cave and thus you were dragged asap out of it.

This has the consistently lowest wait times at between 1 to 20 minutes so if F.L.Y., Taron and Black Mamba aren't at a lower wait time than usual, I just ride this to spend time, always guaranteed fun. Thus it's easily the ride I've ridden the most amount of times, yet I still cannot fully do this with my hands not on the handles - my back doesn't thank me for that (yet I can do Taron like that - which still isn't the best idea for my back, but more doable nonetheless).

View attachment 453615View attachment 453654

River Quest (Swampert) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Seismic Toss
- Surf
- Waterfall

The often forgotten, Modest one, a wild water rafting ride. I loved the medieval castle theming. I think the spikes additionally also keep the birds away - hitting two birds with one..spike! I do think that Muddy Water wasn't to be drunk from, anyway.

Honorable mentions: Winja's Fear spinning coaster (would've made my top 6 if not for usually too long wait times, also it was easier to find a pokemon for River Quest), Crazy Bats VR coaster, Mystery Castle bungee-jump indoor tower in darkness (less scary and forceful than it sounds), Chiapas water flume (excellent for beginners to get over a fear of drops).

For beginners to coasters, Crazy Bats, Raik and Winja's Force are good introductions before moving to Winja's Fear, Colorado Adventure and Taron. After getting used to Colorado Adventure and having ridden Taron, it should not be that scary to do F.L.Y. and Black Mamba.

Did I mention that the themings are my favourite parts? Ironic that now I created a theme team myself (although unuseable in competitive play).

The soundtracks in all the areas are absolutely gorgeous as well in general.

I have never laughed this much in my life as on most of these rides. 10/10

P.S. I had a serious fear of heights up until just months ago but I was determined to build up to larger heights (using things like Tikal and Chiapas) and beat my fear so that I could ride F.L.Y. one day - and now I indirectly feel like I can beat all my other fears too.
Phantasialand enjoyer? Best user on the site tbh......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)