SM OU My MVP SM OU team and I might need some help-

So uh... I have this team on showdown and I wasn't quite sure, if it would do good and hope for some reccommendations here, or maybe some corrections I could make. First of all there is Lucas, the World's most musical Spider! He is supposed to be the suicide lead and bring out sticky web and hopefully even toxic someone.

Lucas the Spider (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 104 SpA / 152 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Then there is my Whimsicott called "Deku" because he's soft, he's green and god damn he is a god at stalling, in my opinion of course as I haven't been playing showdown for a long time. Deku is supposed to use subsitute, followed by either leech seed or toxic to be protected for a while. The Leech see and Leftovers are there to make him regenerate his life while trying not to die before setting up another subsitute, if the other one hasn't been destroyed yet. Then there's Protect to obviously stall the opponent.

Deku (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Big Momma is truly a force to be reckoned with, she is a giant and specially defensive to keep any special attacking pokemon away, especially water ones! She is equipped with flamethrower against grass type pokémon and thunderbolt for flying or maybe even water types since they could be a danger for him. An assault vest for a strong special defense andslight investment to boost it up further.

Big Momma (Tyranitar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Hiraishin is my Protean Greninja with toxic spikes and there to toxic other pokémon so others have an easier time dealing with them, even though the Greninja itself has a respectable damage output, which makes him a good special attacker. It has the hidden power fire against grass types or to have the advantage against ferrothorn for example. Gunk shot is there for a suprise when the enemy doesn't expect it and they haven't seen my Hidden Power yet. Meanwhile the Waterium Z is to do a good chunk of damage or even kill enemies that a normal hydro pump would clearly just not kill.

Hiraishin (Greninja) (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Nightwing is another toxic pokémon, all of these have served well in the games I had for my 3DS and deserve a special place, and so does he after completing the Sinnoh League with me and beating Cynthia to death. It is always healing itself with either roost or the toxic heal ability. It also toxics other pokemon and due to it's damage investment can attack others with either facade or earthquake as well!

Nightwing (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Toxic
- Roost

Now to the BULL because well... who doesn't like someone like him? A defensive Tapu Bulu who just wants to set himself up and fully destroy the enemy. After Bulking up with Bulk up if possible it will use Focus Punch and since it's so slow attack last, due to which the focus punch nearly can't be broken. The Horn Leech is only for situations in which it really needs HP or has the type advantage against the other pokémon.

Bull (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Horn Leech
- Focus Punch

Well this was my first MVP team and I hope that some people will indeed give me some reccommondations as to what I should change in order to make it a better team

In my opinion your team is very good but I would recommend Thunder over Thunderbolt in Galvantula 'cause compound Eyes make it 91% accurate and can spread paralysis more easily. And correct if I'm wrong but I think that investment in Sp. Def should go on Sp. Atk since galvantula is holding a focus sash.

If I'm wrong in something please anyone corrects me

In my opinion your team is very good but I would recommend Thunder over Thunderbolt in Galvantula 'cause compound Eyes make it 91% accurate and can spread paralysis more easily. And correct if I'm wrong but I think that investment in Sp. Def should go on Sp. Atk since galvantula is holding a focus sash.

If I'm wrong in something please anyone corrects me
Thank you very much for replying to me, I am very grateful for the advice given by you c:

Big Momma (Tyranitar) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Quick question: Why is your Tyranitar a special attacker? Tyranitar's Physical Attack Stats are much higher than its Special Attack Stats. Also, all of these moves are replaceable with physical moves such as Earthquake, Fire Punch, etc. here is a set I recommend for you:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk/ 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Earthquake is a substitute for Earth Power.
Fire Punch is a substitute for Flamethrower.
Ice Punch is to deal with Ground types and Grass Types
Stone Edge is to deal with Flying Types and Volcarona

This team... does not look good. First of all, this team is not well suited to abuse Sticky Web. Sticky Web works best when it supports hard-hitting mons with speed that's good but not great, like Mega Pinsir. However, the rest of your team seems more interested with Toxic stalling.

There are two ways this team could go: the Sticky Web route, or the stall route. When revising your team, I decided to take the Sticky Web route, because I know very little about building a stall team. I ended up replacing almost every single mon, but I made sure that there was some similarity between the old and the new. Let's get started.

First change
->

Ribombee is better at setting webs than Galvantula thanks to its much higher speed. While it is weaker in terms of raw power when compared to Galvantula's Thunder, Moonblast is a generally superior move due to its typing. Stun Spore is useful for additional speed control, and HP Fire hits 4x weak Steels, particularly Kartana, hard.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Second change
->

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Because Sticky Web teams rely on hazards being up perhaps more than any other team, they usually run something to punish the opponent for Defogging. Serperior does this by turning Defog's evasion drop on its head and becoming obnoxious. Glare pairs well with the evasion boost as well as serving as additional speed control, like Stun Spore. Substitute lets you cuck passive mons, and lets you stall for a miss or para. HP Fire once again hits 4x weak Steels. The 56 HP IVs makes sure Rotom and Ferrothorn lacking Gyro Ball won't break your Sub.

Third change
->

Mega Tyranitar is an okay Dragon Dance sweeper, but its mediocre speed sometimes lets it down even at +1. Sticky Web helps that out. Ice Punch nails Lando, Gliscor, and Garchomp. Since the previous two mons have HP Fire and struggle with Heatran, I went with Earthquake over Fire Punch in the last slot.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Fourth change
->

Tyranitar's sand inspired me to add Excadrill to the team. Sand Rush Excadrill doesn't need Sticky Web support, but since it's there, it can go Adamant over Jolly for extra power. Steelium Z lets you smash through stuff like Tangrowth. After the team was already finished, I realized it was lacking a Rocker, so Stealth Rock can potentially be used over Rapid Spin.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin / Stealth Rock

Fifth change
->

Tyranitar and Excadrill are pretty weak to Ash Greninja, who can use Water Shuriken to ignore their speed boosts and Sticky Web. Tapu Lele makes sure that doesn't happen.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Sixth change
->
OR

After a Tail Glow or two, Manaphy blows past almost everything. Since Excadrill already had the Z, I went with the 3 attacks set. Alternatively, you could just use Ash Greninja. Ash Gren is fast enough that Sticky Web usually won't matter (though it's nice against Koko and Alakazam), but it provides the team with Spikes, which can potentially relieve Excadrill from hazard duty, and it's just generally able to win games even when things are looking bleak (like Ribombee is down and your opponent gets rid of the webs).

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

This team... does not look good. First of all, this team is not well suited to abuse Sticky Web. Sticky Web works best when it supports hard-hitting mons with speed that's good but not great, like Mega Pinsir. However, the rest of your team seems more interested with Toxic stalling.

There are two ways this team could go: the Sticky Web route, or the stall route. When revising your team, I decided to take the Sticky Web route, because I know very little about building a stall team. I ended up replacing almost every single mon, but I made sure that there was some similarity between the old and the new. Let's get started.

First change
->

Ribombee is better at setting webs than Galvantula thanks to its much higher speed. While it is weaker in terms of raw power when compared to Galvantula's Thunder, Moonblast is a generally superior move due to its typing. Stun Spore is useful for additional speed control, and HP Fire hits 4x weak Steels, particularly Kartana, hard.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Second change
->

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Because Sticky Web teams rely on hazards being up perhaps more than any other team, they usually run something to punish the opponent for Defogging. Serperior does this by turning Defog's evasion drop on its head and becoming obnoxious. Glare pairs well with the evasion boost as well as serving as additional speed control, like Stun Spore. Substitute lets you cuck passive mons, and lets you stall for a miss or para. HP Fire once again hits 4x weak Steels. The 56 HP IVs makes sure Rotom and Ferrothorn lacking Gyro Ball won't break your Sub.

Third change
->

Mega Tyranitar is an okay Dragon Dance sweeper, but its mediocre speed sometimes lets it down even at +1. Sticky Web helps that out. Ice Punch nails Lando, Gliscor, and Garchomp. Since the previous two mons have HP Fire and struggle with Heatran, I went with Earthquake over Fire Punch in the last slot.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Fourth change
->

Tyranitar's sand inspired me to add Excadrill to the team. Sand Rush Excadrill doesn't need Sticky Web support, but since it's there, it can go Adamant over Jolly for extra power. Steelium Z lets you smash through stuff like Tangrowth. After the team was already finished, I realized it was lacking a Rocker, so Stealth Rock can potentially be used over Rapid Spin.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin / Stealth Rock

Fifth change
->

Tyranitar and Excadrill are pretty weak to Ash Greninja, who can use Water Shuriken to ignore their speed boosts and Sticky Web. Tapu Lele makes sure that doesn't happen.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Sixth change
->
OR

After a Tail Glow or two, Manaphy blows past almost everything. Since Excadrill already had the Z, I went with the 3 attacks set. Alternatively, you could just use Ash Greninja. Ash Gren is fast enough that Sticky Web usually won't matter (though it's nice against Koko and Alakazam), but it provides the team with Spikes, which can potentially relieve Excadrill from hazard duty, and it's just generally able to win games even when things are looking bleak (like Ribombee is down and your opponent gets rid of the webs).

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Thanks for the help DrPumpkinz, but may I ask a small question about the Specs Greninja? I would like to know as to why it has spikes and the item Choice Specs as it would make it unable to attack another pokémon after setting up spikes.

Thanks for the help DrPumpkinz, but may I ask a small question about the Specs Greninja? I would like to know as to why it has spikes and the item Choice Specs as it would make it unable to attack another pokémon after setting up spikes.
Ash Greninja forces a lot of switches, because your opponent doesn't want to let it transform. If your opponent has an obvious switch-in like Tangrowth or Tapu Bulu, you can pretty safely Spike on the switch. I know it seems really weird, but it's actually the standard set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)