My Most Successful Team

Ive been playing with this team for a while now, and its served me well. Not as well as I would like, so here I am. With out further adieu, the team.
My Team

Team Analysis

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

As recommended by BKC, with one modification. Really helps with wall breaking and coverage, as I have electric and ice attacks now also. Helps all around on offense, but much to be desired for defense
Synergy
Electric:None
Grass: Heatran, Dragonite, Scizor, Volcarona, Forretress
Bug: Scizor, Heatran, Dragonite, Volcarona, Forretress
Dark: Scizor, Heatran, Forrtress
Ghost: Scizor, Heatran, Forretress

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adament (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DragonDance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Multiscale is possibly the best thing that could have been given to Dragonite this generation. DD while taking a hit then proceed to wreck everything. Went with standard 252/252 for max speed and power. Only thing that can wall this is Heatran and thats only if im lower then +2. Hurts him if rocks are still up, but he can still do his job.
Synergy
Ice: Heatran, Volcarona
Dragon: Scizor, Forretress, Heatran
Rock: Scizor, Forretress, Heatran

Scizor @ ChoiceBand
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamanr(+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
A much better scout the Mienshao, and gives me the option of revenge killing. Put 12 spe evs to out speed other scizors so I can U-Turn out or SuperPower. Quick Attack to get Gyara if hes on a rampage. Bullet Punch is self explanatory.
Synergy
Fire: Heatran, Dragonite, Starmie

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flashfire
EVs: 244 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spe
Careful(+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rocks
- Roar
Really needed a special wall and a poke to take Ice Attacks aimed at Dragonite, so I went with Specially Defensive Heatran. Moveset is to maximize support by shuffle around statuses, but his main job is to help form a defensive core to cover my teams weaknesses. Does his job well but isn't perfect. Donphan really causes this team trouble and Gyara isn't always able to cover him.
Synergy
Ground: Dragonite, Gyarados
Fighting: Dragonite, Gyarados
Water: Ferrothorn, Gyarados

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed(+Def, -Spe)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
The other half of my defensive core. Helps take neutral hits aimed at others and especially good at taking supereffective hits. Sets up spikes and t-spikes and spins. Great at his job
Synergy
Fire: Heatran, Dragonite

Volcarona @ LifeOrb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid(+Spe, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power(Rock)
I saw that my team needed a special sweeper so I went the king himself, Volcarona. This set isn't as good as its bulky Sun, but it still gets the job done. With QD dont have to worry about Special attacks, and if Flame Body activates then I can just set-up and sweep. Doesn't really have much synergy with team though. Rocks destroy it and its weaknesses really aren't well covered. If DW Landorous is ever released, it will replace it.
Synergy
Water: Gyarados, Ferrothorn
Rock: Ferrothorn, Mienshao
Flying: Heatran

i feel like a sun offense team could bring you alot of trouble. this just being at first glance. maybe give something a substitute. maybe drop stone edge on gyarados.

I like the team. It looks amazing.
But you forgot one important thing.
You have Gyarados, Dragonite and Volcarona in your team and all of them have a huge weakness due to stealth rocks. I suggest you run a spinner. I suggest running a Tentacruel replacing it with Ferrothorn. Tentacruel is also a wall like ferrothorn but with one less fire weakness. Tentacruel can also lay out entry hazards on its own (toxic spikes) and can rapid spin away the opposing entry hazards to have a free sweep with Volcarona and Dragonite/Gyarados.

i agree, you definitely need a spinner for volcarona to sweep. tentacruel seems like a good spinner. another good spinner i suggest is forretress as it absorbs many types, sets up hazards and spins. sturdy is a bonus.

You can switch Ferrothorn for Forry. However, you lose access to T-Wave, but you can gain access to 3 Entry-hazards + Spin.

You have three Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, including one 4x weakness, and have no spinner - this puts you at a disadvantage against 99% of teams since SR is extremely common. You say you've been considering Forretress over Ferrothorn, but I don't like that idea, since it would make you even weaker to Rotom-W than you already are. I'd try a Starmie over Gyarados. Not only does its Hydro Pump 2HKO every ghost in the game with a little prior damage, which leaves you free to spin as you please, it also lures in Pokemon that Volcarona can set up on [Ferrothorn, Scizor, SpDef Jirachi, etc]. A set of Hydro Pump | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin | Recover, holding a Life Orb, with a Timid nature, and an EV spread of 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe should work fine. I don't think you'll miss Gyarados very much since you've got Dragonite with an identical role.

As for minor changes, try Spikes > Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock > Toxic on Heatran [you might find that it's often a waste of a moveslot since you'll be spreading alot of Lava Plume burns]. The extra residual damage will make it alot easier for your sweepers to break through the opponent, and makes Tran's phazing alot more deadly. If you make this change, use Leftovers on Volcarona; the extra hazard support means you won't need to use Life Orb to score kills, and Lefties leaves you less prone to being revenge killed by priority attacks.

Nice team but Terrakion demolishes this team (especially the sub SD + double dancer). since leads are dead replace Mienshao with Scizor as it defeats any Terrakion as well the mentioned Gengar. Also replace Gyarados for Starmie as BKC stated.

Note-Changed SR to spikes on Ferro and Toxic to SR on Heatran
Tentacruel-Liked the t-spikes and spinning, but actualy caused me to lose to Rain teams for as i lost Electric resist and Rotom-W destroyed more

Forretress-Again tspikes and spinning helped alot, but with the advantage of adding spikes to the mix also, and solid defense gave me a go to wall, but i missed t-wave from ferro, who can provide spikes too and also leech seed. I'll keep ferro, for now

Starmie Spinning is incredibly helpful for this team especially with Volcarona on it, and Starmies added offense is an extra bonus as I can keep Ferrothorn and his plethora of resitance. Tried on team with Forretress, replacing Spin with IceBeam. I felt that this Stramie served me better and that my team is more balanced.

Scizor Much better poke then Mienshao, was hesitant to use as I didn't just want to pick the top pokes form the tier, but is able to scout much better then Mienshao and is a much better revenge killer.

Now i have a new problem, with all 3 entry hazards set up I need a spinblocker, the only replacements i can think of (Gengar, Jellicent) dont seem to have a place on this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)