My First UU Team!

Hello! This is my first UU team, and also my first RMT! I've been playing UU since mid BW, and I've always enjoyed it, but I think that UU is looking a lot more fun this time around. I feel like my team still needs some patching up though, so I thought coming here would be a good idea.

Anyways, let's get started!

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Giga Drain

Mew is definitely one of the best mons in the meta, mainly because it's so unpredictable. I've noticed that the Knock Off set is becoming more and more popular, so I wanted to try something different. Mew also has pretty good bulk for an offensive sweeper, so I thought it would be ideal. Nasty Plot is your usual set up, Psyshock is a STAB move that nails Florges after a boost, which is amazing. Aura Sphere is to take care of Dark types like Crawdaunt, but most importantly, it 2HKOs M-Aggron unboosted, which is amazing. Giga Drain is to hit defensive behemoths like Hippowdon and Slowbro, and is to get back LO recoil. I've considered replacing this with Roost, but I don't want to be Taunt bait, and while uncommon, I'd rather not be a sitting duck when facing Spiritomb.

Shuckle -> Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Blade
- Magic Coat

I originally had Shuckle for my Sticky Web user, but after Shuckle used Sticky Web, it kinda just sat there to die, so I wanted something that could do decent damage while doing its job. Leavanny was that role, and while it's susceptible to all forms of hazards, and a a 4x weakness to two of the most common attacking types in the metagame, it still does pretty well. X-Scissor and Leaf Blade are the STAB moves of choice, and lets me demolish common leads like Swampert and Celebi. Magic Coat is the last move, and is pretty unexpected. It lets me throw back T-Waves and rocks to the opponent, which is always a good thing.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

This is a pretty standard Blastoise set, but it still does very well, being able to take multiple hits and being very bulky in general. I wasn't sure on whether to use Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, or even Water Spout as my STAB move, but I think that having a move as powerful as Surf with a chance of confusion is great, so I went for Water Pulse, which has managed to do very well with wearing the opponent down. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse are both just coverage moves that do hefty amounts of damage, but I'm thinking of replacing one of the two with Ice Beam. Rapid Spin is to clear out hazards, while still being able to keep Sticky Web up, which my team loves.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnezone is one of the best wallbreakers in the entire tier, and Specs only makes that better. I'm not sure if I want to keep Analytic, however, due to Sticky Web possibly counteracting with it- I haven't really had a problem with it, though, so I could just keep it. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are the STAB moves of choice, doing a hefty chunk of damage to just about everything in the entire tier. Volt Switch is to get a little bit of momentum going, and is great for incoming switches. Hidden Power Ice is for dragons, as it OHKOes Haxorus and Zygarde, and is a 2HKO to Hydreigon. I may change it for HP Grass, however, as Swampert, Gastrodon, and Quagsire are all common switch-ins.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Umbreon is one of the best clerics and Wish passers in the entire tier, and, unlike Chansey and Florges, can take hits on both physical and special sides. I chose to make it more specially defensive because my team takes physical hits fairly well, so I needed something on the other side. Foul Play is to destroy a majority of physical attackers, like Victini and Darmanitan. Wish is for recovery and to get the other teammates up to speed. Protect compliments that, and lets me rip mons with HJK like Mienshao and Hawlucha trying to get a little smart. Heal Bell is the last moveslot, as my team hates paralysis and burn, and I can use it freely on the opposing side's switch.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Finally, we have Zygarde, one of the most underrated pokemon in the tier. It can do tons of damage, while also taking hits fairly well. DD is the common set up, which is always nice to pull off on the switch. Outrage and EQ serve as the STAB moves, which do HEAPS of damage when boosted, and hits nearly everything in the entire tier for neutral damage (except for uh.. Togetic?). Extreme Speed is for priority, which may seem odd on a DD set, but is for mons with Sucker Punch like Absol, who try to end Zygarde's wrath.

Any advice is appreciated! I will add in a threat list for later.

This is a very cool team! However, this team is obscenely weak to stronger fighting types such as Mienshao, Heracross or Medicham. I do not see the point of Leavanny. Your team benefits much further from the support of Stealth Rocks rather than Sticky Web. I also spot a massive weakness of your team towards Toxic Spikes, as you lack any grounded poison types, putting major pressure on all of your pokemon.

The first solution towards your fighting weakness is to make your change your mew set to Physically Defensive Stallbreaker Mew. While standard stallbreaker Mew runs a more specially defensive spread, physically defensive Mew is still very viable. Not only does it nullify your massive fighting weakness, burning threats, but it also gives you a strong check to any defensive pokemon, juggling between taunt and psychic to widdle it down helplessly.

I suggest Offensive Support Nidoqueen. I would suggest Defensive Nidoqueen, but I want to maintain your offensive pressure. Nidoqueen has great typing to deal with the threats I named earlier much easier, but it also acts a second wallbreaker for your Zygarde, and it's amazing coverage means it is nigh unwallable. The previous toxic spikes issue I stated is now easily nullified, without having to resort to your Blastoise to take a crippling toxic!

Hope I helped!

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb / Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

This is a very cool team! However, this team is obscenely weak to stronger fighting types such as Mienshao, Heracross or Medicham. I do not see the point of Leavanny. Your team benefits much further from the support of Stealth Rocks rather than Sticky Web. I also spot a massive weakness of your team towards Toxic Spikes, as you lack any grounded poison types, putting major pressure on all of your pokemon.

The first solution towards your fighting weakness is to make your change your mew set to Physically Defensive Stallbreaker Mew. While standard stallbreaker Mew runs a more specially defensive spread, physically defensive Mew is still very viable. Not only does it nullify your massive fighting weakness, burning threats, but it also gives you a strong check to any defensive pokemon, juggling between taunt and psychic to widdle it down helplessly.

I suggest Offensive Support Nidoqueen. I would suggest Defensive Nidoqueen, but I want to maintain your offensive pressure. Nidoqueen has great typing to deal with the threats I named earlier much easier, but it also acts a second wallbreaker for your Zygarde, and it's amazing coverage means it is nigh unwallable. The previous toxic spikes issue I stated is now easily nullified, without having to resort to your Blastoise to take a crippling toxic!

Hope I helped!

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb / Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

I tried these sets out, and they're working out well! Thanks!

What i've noticed though, is now I have a crippling ground weakness, so I'm not sure who to replace.

I tried these sets out, and they're working out well! Thanks!

What i've noticed though, is now I have a crippling ground weakness, so I'm not sure who to replace.
Looking at your team your weakest link is definitely Magnezone. I'm hesitant to change it do a Grass or Flying type though, as your Ice weakness then begins to stack. There are definitely a lot of options out there which are ground neutral / resistance, while patching a similar role as your Magnezone. That being said, most of them wouldn't be ground resists, however bringing a ground neutrality is in my opinion enough to at least weaken down your ground weakness.

There are a couple of recommendations I would give. Duck Tank Porygon2, not only retains a large amount of bulk that Magnezone had, but carries a similar coverage, has access to recover, and maintains a similar firepower that your team absolutely desires. It does have the necessary mixed bulk to tank any ground hits and fire off an ice beam if need be. Specs Rotom Heat could be a cool option, having the firepower Magnezone had, but bringing a Ground immunity and still resisting Ice. Those are probably the two best options to nullify your ground weakness while retaining Magnezone's functionality on your team.

Cheers!

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic / Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Toxic

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This may not really fit your needs but Galvantula recently dropped to UU and you might be able to replace Leavanny with him. He is faster and has stronger moves. The main thing that would be problematic is your lean towards special attacking.

In this case you could run itemless Tornadus-T with Acrobatics, Superpower, U-Turn, and Knock Off. It works as a decent pivot, is immune to ground (which you said could be an issue), and alleviates your need for a physical attacker. I'm not sure what to replace it with, though.

Hope I helped.

You don't really have a lot of guys taking advantage of sticky web. Magnezone, Blastoise and Umbreon don't benefit. Zygard already has a speed boosting move and a priority move. You would be a lot better off tossing Leavanny.

I suggest you switch your leavanny out 4 a strong flying or electric type. Or rotom-fan if you would like both, that will help you with your weakness against fighting.
Also, you can run trick to criple (?) threats to your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)