SM Ubers my first uber team

hi smogon i just started off with ubers and i made my first uber team i was hoping if u could give me suggestion, how to improve the team and rate it,Thanks

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Outrage
- Sunsteel Strike
Ultra Necrozma combines its role as a revenge killer, sweeper and wall-breaker. Activating Ultra Burst isn’t always useful when meeting threats that the team is reliant on Necrozma in Dusk Mane form to check, so the purpose of Sunsteel Strike is to act as a 2nd STAB move. Outrage can be used on the likes of zygarde ( which a lot of people do)

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb
Primal Groudon is to check xerneas and primal kyogre for the team. Its stealth rock also help the team. I put Rock Tomb for the likes of yveltal and salamence. So P groudon main roles are rocks and sweeping (sometimes)

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heart Swap
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
As my team is ”made around necrozma” when i ultra boost my team would get weak to xerneas and so i put Megearna in to completely stop xerneas and stops xerneas from setting up. Megearna can also destroy zygarde and dragon types. Megearnas main role is to stop mons from setting up.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
Zygarde is to wreak those P groudons . his role is to remove those groudons and he can defeat many other mons as well. There were many times when i had defeted a team using rest and sleep talk. The defencive ev is to take som hits from groudon and other mons. I mainly use zygarde as a wall and sometimes a sweper.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
A classic Life Orb Marshadow but has with Hidden Power Ice to deal with opposing Mega Salamence and Zygarde as the latter is hard for this team to break. Marshadow assumes the role as a 2nd fast-mon and mainly check Swords Dance Arceus forms, Mega Gengar and offensive Psychic threats. With its ultimate offensive typing it can fairly pressure threats found in defensive teams such as Blissey, Ferrothorn, Lugia and Giratina-A.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
Dark Pulse is Yveltal's primary attack. With Life Orb, Dark Aura, and Special Attack-boosting nature, it is strong enough to 2HKO foes as bulky as support Arceus formes neutral to the move, making it a fearsome wallbreaker and forcing teams to pack a Dark-resistant Pokemon or a special wall that can handle the attack.
Oblivion Wing has great neutral coverage alongside Dark Pulse, hitting Fairy-type switch-ins such as Xerneas for a 2HKO. Oblivion Wing also heals 75% of the damage dealt, which comes in handy to counteract the residual damage from weak attacks, status, Life Orb recoil, and Stealth Rock.
Yveltals main roll is to take out grass types, ghost and pychic types he usually used as a sweeper and revenge killer.

Counters

I have problems with sticky web users and i dont hav a defoger so ...

Choice spec can sometimes be deadly

Ho oh is quite a big problem
I only have primal groudon to counter water types so they can sometimes be dangeorus

I also have a lot of problems with substitute users
Thats all i Think, BTW I was able to get 1457 elo on ladder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi GoldenAsylum,

As promised, now that the formatting's been fixed, I'll take a look at your team. I've never actually used Ultra Necrozma before, so I certainly had a lot of fun testing your team out. The main downside I found with your team was that I felt conflicted about what sort of playstyle you were going for. Ultra Necrozma performs best on hyper-offensive playstyles, as it has a great speed tier and offensive teams tend to find it difficult to deal with - Especially when paired with Sticky Web and Psychic Terrain. Thanks to Sticky Web, you're able to outspeed threats such as Mega Gengar and Choice Scarf Xerneas and thanks to Psychic Terrain, you're also not affected by Marshadow's Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch from Yveltal. So for quite a while, I was quite inclinded to make this a Hyper-Offense. However in doing that, I ended up changing half of the team's members and I honestly felt like I was taking away from the initial build you had in mind (even though you built this team around Ultra Necrozma). Ultimately, I found that the easiest way to make changes to this team was to focus on the weaknesses that you had and try to stick to a more Bulky Offense structure in order to combat these.

MAJOR CHANGES:

>

As I mentioned before. I felt like Magearna is a massive momentum drain. While it's absolutely crucial to have an extra Xerneas check when using Ultra Necrozma, as you lose your answer to Xerneas the moment you Ultra Burst. While Magearna is a brilliant way of checking Xerneas, thanks to its ability to steal its boosts, that's basically all that Magearna has to offer, and it ends up losing to or becoming setup fodder for just about everything else. I thought that the best way to still have a check to Xerneas, but provide your team with a little more momentum is by adding Ferrothorn to this team. Ferrothorn also provides this team with Spikes - making it easier for its teammates to sweep, forces a number of switches thanks to Leech Seed and also provides this team with a much needed answer to Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Ground. The set I had in mind was

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

>

While Marshadow is nice for revenge killing faster threats and discouraging set-up sweepers - As well as providing this team with a potential Spin-Blocker which is nice for hazard stacking. I thought that a Choice Scarf Xerneas would be much nicer here. It fills a lot of much-needed roles. It provides this team with a Dragon-type immunity, stopping Giratina-O from clicking Draco Meteor and the occasional Outrage Ultra Necrozma, as well as Hazard Removal with Defog, an offensive Cleric with Aromatherapy, and thanks to its choice Scarf, it allows you to still beat fast threats such as opposing Ultra Necrozma and take on foes that try to revenge kill Ultra Necrozma with Priority moves such as Marshadow and Yveltal, as it's able to survive Shadow Sneak with ease and it resists sucker punch. The set I had in mind was:

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

MINOR CHANGES

As I mentioned before, I felt like this team needed a bit more momentum and I felt like a defensive Zygarde was a little out of place. A set that I've fallen in love with is the Sub + Dragon Dance set with Glare. I really feel like it wins games by itself (Also para is dumb and if you're anything like me, it's quite satisfying setting up on your opponent as they get full para'd). The set is max 48 EVs in Special Defense to allow Zygarde to survive an Ice Beam from Support Arceus' before Transforming, and the rest is placed into Attack and Speed, for maximum damage output. Substitute is also fantastic for getting Zygarde to its complete forme and it allows you setup opportunities against Pokemon that rely on status to beat their opponents, therefore giving you a greater matchup against Stall.

EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Only change I made here was getting rid of Outrage and Sunsteel Strike and replacing them with Earthquake and Stone Edge. I just feel like Edge/Quake coverage is more reliable. It allows you to deal with Primal Groudon more effectively, as well as threaten Ho-Oh more. You're also still able to 2HKO Xerneas with Photon Geyser and OHKO Arceus Fairy with Light that Burns the Sky after Stealth Rock Damage, so I don't really see that it's necessary to have Sunsteel Strike on there. Ultimately, Sunsteel Strike's only real purpose seemed to be to bluff Necrozma-DM. Stone Edge is used in Place of Outrage to help combat Mega Salamence, which can pose as a huge threat to this team. Stone Edge allows you to 2HKO Mega Salamence in non-ultra burst form, and thanks to Necrozma-DM's typing, its able to avoid taking huge damage from Double-Edge.

CLOSING NOTES:
I really did have a lot of fun testing this team out. Apologies that it took me so long to rate this, as I mentioned earlier. I was quite inclinded to make this into a Hyper-Offense sort of team. I couldn't really do that without taking away too much from the initial structure, and in all honestly, I didn't find the end results to be worth justifying making the amount of changes that I'd made. If you want to try the HO build, then let me know, I'll be happy to give that to you, but it'll be quite different from the team you posted here. As for the build with the current changes, it still doesn't come without its threats. Xerneas can be quite threatening if it manages to crit focus blasts (If you're really scared of that, you can run Chople Berry on Ferrothorn), a +1 Mega Salamence is also quite bad for this team, however none of the mons really give it any setup opportunities and if you play your Necrozma well, you can still handle it. I really hope that you enjoy using the team as much as I did! I've placed the full import for the team below:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Last edited:
holy heck dude ur IQ must be 200, anyways my idea was to build a ho team while cheacking as many threats as i can.i would love to see your ho team, Thanks for the rating btw how can i counter Z Geomancy Xerneaus... Kangeskhan could destroy this team though

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Z Geomancy tends not to run any coverage moves so it gets bopped by Ferrothorn. As for Mega Kangaskhan, that Pokemon is sitting at the bottom of our viability ranks so I didn't really try to have an answer to it. Ferrothorn tends to beat it due to the damage dished out with iron barbs. When you combine that leech seed, Kangaskhan basically ends up killing itself. If it's not running ice punch, then Zygarde sets up on it, if it's not running earthquake, then Primal Groudon beats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)