My first RMT (OU):

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
6 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
-Hypnosis
-Will-o-wisp
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball

Gengar has quite of ways to cripple opponents via status, and this moveset allows him to do so. Hypnosis is obviously to put stuff to sleep, though generally I don't use this move right off the bat. Will-o-wisp is to burn the opponent, crippling physical sweepers and weakens anything else so a Shadow Ball will be more effective. Confuse Ray hasn't caused many switches, but it does give me a turn or two free, since the opponent ends up hurting themselves in the confusion. Shadow Ball is basic STAB, but it hits most faster Taunt leads pretty hard.

Generally, Gengar can get off 1 or 2 KOs, or at least a couple of burns, before going down.

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Adamant
30 HP/252 Attack/228 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Earthqauke

Okay, so this thing is VERY similar to DDance Gyarados. However, I prefer Feraligatr. He may not have a superior base stat total, but there are aspects which I prefer. Firstly, he isn't weak to Stealth Rock, already advantageuos in my mind. I prefer Ice Punch over Stone Edge (or Ice Fang, lol), too. I like the higher Defense, too.

Anyway, I generally switch Feraligatr in to something like Azumarril or Choice Band Mamoswine stuck on Ice Shard. I DDance on the switch, maybe go for another one if it's safe, then go for the sweep. After 1 DDance with these EVs, Feraligatr is faster than Speed Base 120s like Sceptile. Waterfall is for STAB; Ice Punch is for Grass-, Ground-, and Dragon-types; Earthquake is for Electrics, Bulky Waters and the such. Not much else needs to be said.

Feraligatr generally requires to be brought in at the right time, or else he'll be wasted. I've gotten a few sweeps with him.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Mild
94 Attack/208 Sp. Atk/208 Speed
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump
-Crunch/Earthquake

A relatively standard Mixmence. Outrage is for STAB. Fire Blast is for Steels, Bugs, etc., especially Scizor. Hydro Pump is for Fire-, Ground- and Rock-types, especially the likes of Heatran. I've been running Crunch on Salamence up until now, but I think I may end up switching it with Earthquake after getting devistated by more than one Electivire. I'm not a huge fan of Draco Meteor due to the massive Sp. Atk drop.

I'm not quite too sure about where to put the EVs. This placement here seems to do me well.

How effective Salamence works on the team usually depends on how effectively I can switch him in. He hasn't gotten any huge sweeps, but he can usually score a KO or two.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 Sp. Atk/6 Sp. Def/252 Speed
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

I had originally had a Choice Specs Magnezone here, until I realized how useless it was to my team. I decided that I needed something to efficiently take out Steels, so Magmortar was the obvious answer, considering his high Sp. Atk.

Overheat is for a powerful STAB. I generally leave in Magmortar for only a turn or two, so the Sp. Atk drop isn't huge. Thunderbolt is for Waters; Focus Blast is for Rock/Normal types
. Psychic is mainly filler, but it does help for MixApe and other Fighting types.

Magmortar can score 1 or 2 kills per game consistently. I generally use him for revenge kills.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish
54 HP/252 Defense/204 Sp. Def
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

The first thing about this Donphan: I'm not sure how great of an EV spread it has. Now, I don't have this in game, so changing it is just a matter of changing the numbers in Shoddy. If someone knows of a better EV spread, please let me know.

Anyway, this is a pretty generic Spinner/Stealth Rock-er. I generally don't switch to Donphan until the opponent sets up entry hazards (I mean, I do sometimes, but I feel I don't have a real incentive to) or to absorb physical hits. Quakeslide is for good coverage.

While I don't have any EVs invested in Attack, Donphan is still pretty powerful with a base 120 Attack. I can 2HKO most Dragonites after Stealth Rock, OHKO Infernapes most of the time after Stealth Rocks, and so forth.

Despite being a wall, Donphan gets around a KO every other game or so.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm
24 HP/252 Defense/58 Sp. Atk/176 Sp. Def
-Softboiled
-Protect
-Toxic
-Flamethrower

Again, I don't know how great the EV spread on this Blissey is. I know that 252 Defense is pretty much necessary, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Softboiled is for instant recovery. Protect is for stalling as well as scouting out an opponent's moves. Toxic is for stalling out opponents. Flamethrower is to take down unsuspecting Steels, primarily Scizor.

Honestly, I'm not sure whether I want to keep Blissey around for long. Sure, she absorbs Special hits like a beast, but she doesn't have much offensive power. Opponents seem to like to set up Subs, Calm Minds, and Curses on Blissey, especially stuff like Vappy and Umbreon, and I can't do a thing about it. Blissey is definitely the weakest link on my team. If anyone has any advice as to what should replace Bliss, please let me know. And for the record, I don't have access to Wish or Seismic Toss on her.

So that's pretty much it. Constructive critism would be much appreciated.

The first thing I can see right off the top of my head is Feraligatr. Why are you using it in OU? It has a much better version in OU (Gyarados) that has much better base stats, and has access to moves such as Stone Edge/Earthquake. I suggest a DD Gyara set:

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Fang
~ Stone Edge / Earthquake

It basically functions like Feraligatr, but with much more power to back it up (125 Base) and with Ice Fang to take down dragons.

ill rate more later

hi nice job on your first team. i have a couple suggestions.
Your Blissey ev spread should be 252 def/80 spa/ 176 sp def.

Secondly i think you should just switch Feraligtr to Gyarados. I know that gives you 2 weak to stealth rock but you have a rapid spinner anyways. Also Gyarados has intimidate which is such a great ablility in this physical metagame.

Thirdly I'd drop either Confuse Ray for Focus Blast as i think three status moves is overkill. Focus blast will give you perfect coverage with ghost and fighting.

And lastly I think Salamence needs Draco Meteor to be an effective mixed sweeper. I know the special attack drop can be annoying but it has such great power straight up that it is almost needed on special dragons. I would drop Hydro Pump for Draco Meteor and then use Earthquake over Crunch for as said already Electivire, non-scarf Heatran, and Tyranitar.

Thanks for the advice thus far.

I'm really considering getting rid of Bliss. Does anybody else think I should/have advice as to what I should replace it with.

The first thing I can see right off the top of my head is Feraligatr. Why are you using it in OU? It has a much better version in OU (Gyarados) that has much better base stats, and has access to moves such as Stone Edge/Earthquake. I suggest a DD Gyara set:

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Fang
~ Stone Edge / Earthquake

It basically functions like Feraligatr, but with much more power to back it up (125 Base) and with Ice Fang to take down dragons.

ill rate more later

^ This.
Exactly what he said, its OU, use Gyarados.
Other than, the team looks okay, also, replace Blissey with Lucario, because it can come in after Gengar Hypnosis's and set up some Swords Dances then sweep, then again, sending in Lucario that early in the game might not be a good idea. Also, if your looking for a revenge killer, replace Magmortar with ScarfLatias, as it is purely better at Revenge killing, and its OU, and this is a OU team.

Go with Earthquake on Salamence, drop Hydro pump for Draco Meteor to give another powerful STAB boost (Hydro pump is not very useful).

Also, follow this EV spread instead: 84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
It outruns max speed Gyara, KOs 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Cresselia, and guarantees a 2HKO on Blissey.

Drop Rock slide for Ice Shard on Donphan, because Ice shard gives better type coverage and a great priority move against Ice and dragon types.

Go these EVs on bliss: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD, it helps give more power to Flamethrower.

I also suggest Wish over Softboiled since you are running protect, and it will be useful for wishpassing to your team.

Magmortar seems okay, but you might want to give ScarfTran a try, because of its useful resistances (you dont really have a safe switchin to Mence) and its access to better moves like Dragon Pulse and Earthquake.

gl with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)