ORAS PU My first RMT (Hazard Stack Offense)

Which New Tier drop will have the biggest effect?

• Cacturne

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Pelipper

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Rotom-Fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello fellow RMT browsers, I am Swagnezone and today I bring you my first RMT. I first started battling in PU when I thought, "How would terrible Pokemon fair in a tier of normally bad Pokemon?". I have been testing it and changing the team for quite a while now. Here is a quick preview of the team.

The Team
Precious (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
Golem is the one I originally started out with. Golem offers a lot to the table. He is my occasional lead, as he can set up stealth rocks with ease. He mainly goes out early to mid-game, sets up stealth rocks, and then tries to take someone down with him. Cutstap Berry so I can get priority, Earthquake and Stone Edge for STAB, and Sucker Punch for more Priority.

Rift Raft (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Switcheroo​
Floatzel is one of two of my choice users, and can revenge kill quite a bit of the weakened tier. Fairly standard EV spread, Jolly nature for maximum speed. Floatzel is quite weak to priority, so you will ironically have to watch out for revenge killing. Choice Band for extra power, Waterfall for STAB, Ice Punch for coverage, Crunch for pesky psychic types and ghosts, and Switcheroo in case you feel a special attacker or wall coming in.

I Scream (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch​
Rotom F Is arguably the best Pokemon in the tier now that one of it's greatest checks (Machoke) is gone. He can outspeed and revenge kill a lot of tier assuming they aren't holding Choice Scarf. He is weak to those Stealth Rocks, which I couldn't make room for removal on my team. Blizzard and Thunderbolt for the BoltBeam coverage, Volt Switch for momentum, And Trick in case you feel a wall coming in.

Crowfeather (Cacturne) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
The Reason this team changed from Balance to Offense. When the drop came, I knew Cacturne would be quite a force to be reckoned with, so I added him to the team. His Dual STAB combo is resisted by no single type. Swords Dance to boost attack stat to dangerous levels, Seed Bomb and Sucker Punch for STAB, and Drain Punch for longevity. Water Absorb for free switch-ins and more longevity.
George (Simisear) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
What used to be a Swords Dance Monferno is now a Nasty Plot Simisear. This guy can kill huge chunks of unprepared teams. I didn't want two swords dance users, so I decided on Simisear, another set-up Fire type. Nasty Plot is the main selling point of the set. Fire Blast for STAB, Focus Miss for coverage, and HP Grass for more coverage. Blaze is to boost Fire Blast in a time of need. Life Orb is for that extra bit of damage.
Target Practice (Whirlipede) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Spikes

This guy is almost always my lead, and a suicide one at that. Whirlipede used to be a Spikes Roselia, but I didn't want two grass types on the team so I figured this guy would work better. Protect is so you can boost your speed to set up hazards. Toxic spikes is to decrease the longevity of the opponent's walls and sweepers. Spikes is to discourage switches and Volt-Turn cores. Endeavor is to lower the enemy's Pokemon down to low HP so it can be revenge killed. The EV's allow him to be as fast as possible.

Threats

Multi-Strike Move Users

These guys can easily beat my two hazard setters. They break sturdy and Focus Sash and can typically OHKO my own setters.

Priority Users

Cacturne, Simisear, and Floatzel can be revenge killed easily.

Psychic and Ghost Types

I have one immunity to psychics, but no resists. I have no Ghosts resists and Immunities. If Floatzel and Cacturne are down, these guys have little to no trouble beating the rest of my team.

/-----Importable----\

Precious (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Rift Raft (Floatzel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Switcheroo

I Scream (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Crowfeather (Cacturne) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

George (Simisear) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Target Practice (Whirlipede) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Spikes
Thank you for reading my first RMT, and constructive criticism or any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
(Someone please let me know how to get one of the pull down bars for the importable and also put in videos)

Hey man, this is a nice looking hazard stack team you have! I Really like the SD Cacturne! I think that it's been looked over too much due to the special mixed set. That being said, I have a major suggestion to make about your team: I recommend you swap out both Golem and Whirlipede for Crustle due to its ability to set both spikes and stealth rock, allow for nice role compression. With this, you can add a new mon to your team. I'd suggest using a dual status Misdreavus on your team with set like this:

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Hex/Shadow Ball
- Filler

Misdreavus blocks rapid spin for your team, which is really nice to have since it's hazard stack, as well as counters Chatot and slows down / weakens the opposing team to allow your Simisear and Cacturne an easier time sweeping. Other than that, I'd say your team is looking great :] hope I helped

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Swagnezone, nice team.

Like the above, I think Whirlipede and Golem could be compressed into one slot, however I recomend Smeargle. Its higher Speed and access to Sleep inducing moves (in this case Dark Void, as grass-types are too common for Spore imo) allows it to more reliably set up multiple hazards. Not much to more to say but a set of Dark Void / Spikes / Stealth Rock / filler would be best, with the last move being optional, personally I prefer either Nuzzle to cripple faster Pokemon or Destiny Bond.

In the free slot this creates, I think you should run AV Bouffalant, to give you a more reliable check to Special Attackers such as Rotom-f and special Floatzel. Additionally, Pursuit trapping works well with Spike Stack allowing you to severely weaken the opponents Pokemon to help one of your sweepers to clean.

I also think you can improve some of your sets. Life Orb on SD Cacturne and Superpower really make Cacturne that much more threatening, for example you KO Sdef Vullaby at +2 after rocks, and only need a little more chip on phdef. Additionally, recovery isn't that important on Cacturne as it is frail anyway. I also suggest you run physically based mixed Floatzel, with Waterfall / Aqua Jet / Ice Beam / Hidden Power Electric with Life Orb, in order to lure Defoggers such as Pelipper and some of Cacturne's checks like Gourgeist-XL.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Nuzzle / Destiny Bond
The EV spread is weird but it maximises Smeargle's bulk

Bouffalant @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Facade

Cacturne
Leftovers ---> Life Orb
Drain Punch ---> Superpower

Floatzel @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hope I Helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)