My first OU team (D/P)

Hi there, i'm new in this amazing forum and this is my first thread. I want to post my first competitive team on Diamond and I hope to receive advices to perfect it.

-Empoleon @Shuca berry
Calm nature
Evs: 252 HP, 92 Def, 164 SpD
Moveset: Surf-Ice beam-Stealth rock-Roar
Description: I usually start with this pkmn: he can put Stealth rock on the field and he has got good defenses. Ice beam and surf can hit many types as well like grass and ground types that are dangerous for Empoleon. Roar is for take a look at the opponent's team with stealth rock on the field. Grass knot is another goos choose instead of roar to hit pokemons like Swampert or Milotic who resist Ice beam or surf and can hit very well Empoleon with Earthquake or HP electric respectively.

-Gliscor @Yache berry
Jolly nature
Evs 172 HP, 80 SpD, 252 SPe
Moveset: Rock polish, Swords dance, Ice fang, Baton pass
Description: this is my baton passer. Good speed and great bulk permitted him to boost attack and speed and pass them with baton pass. With yache berry gliscor can take an ice beam or an ice punch without STAB and then go in safely with baton pass.

-Electivire @Life orb
Adamant nature
Evs 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moveset: Thunder punch-Ice punch-Brick break-Earthquake
Description: Electivire is my main phisical sweeper. With good Atk and Spe stats and a good movepool he can hit very well all types except for Psychic, Ghost and Bug types. His bigger problem is his weakness for the Ground type, then lot of pkmns can outspeed him and OHKOing Electivire with Earthquake or Earth power such as Salamance but with a speed boost of Gliscor's rock polish and then baton pass Electivire become very, very dangerous.

-Alakazam @Focus sash
Timid nature
Evs 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Moveset: Psychic-Shadow ball-Energy ball-Focus blast
Description: so, here is my reat special sweeper, Alakazam: with great special attack and an excellent speed he is really dangerous and really hard to outspeed. I've chosen Focus sash for Alakazam's horrible defenses and for give him the possibility of two attacks before being KO. Maybe Gengar is a better choise for this team because with Levitate is easier to switch in on an Earthquake on Electivire or Empoleon.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Careful nature
Evs 252 HP, 164 Def, 92 SpD
moveset: Toxic-Confuse ray-Moonlight-Mean look/Sucker punch
Description: Umbreon is the classic pkmn considered weak by incompetent pokemon fans for his low attack stats or for his low speed but they don't know his great defense potential. With Toxic, Confuse ray and this evs spread he can take lots of attacks and then recover with moonlight. I think sucker punch is a better choise instead of mean look to have an attack move and to avoid suffering too much for Taunt.

-Blaziken @Choise scarf
Adamant nature
Evs 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Moveset: Blaze kick-Superpower-Thunder punch-Stone edge
Description: I know, this is an Underused :( , but I think Blaziken can be strong also in an overused team :) . His mediocre speed can be increased with choise scarf and his STAB attacks are very dangerous. With the scarf Blaziken can outspeed lots of pkmns such as Garchomp, Salamence or Espeon and his great attack stat does the rest. This movepool (thanks Smogon) is excellent and is super effective on many pokemons: Thunder punch is for water types who resist Superpower, Stone edge is for Flying types and Blaze kick/Flare blitz and Superpower hit the others.

So, this is my first team with evs and natures. The Gliscor in the post isn't the one I have in my team because I was wrong with the evs on diamond.
For Blaziken I have other movesets such as Reversal+Endure with Salac berry or a mixed attacker. When i've done this team I didn't know the ivs so my first Blaziken has got 346 of attack and my second 372 and it's so better.
I've used this team many times and it works very well but is not perfect; I hope in your help from experts to improve it. Please rate and comment :)

Three of your Pokemon are weak to ground. I suggest changing Electivire to Rotom-H.

Rotom-H @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split / Will-o-Wisp / Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Ice

On Alakazam, switch Focus Sash to Leftovers or Life Orb because Stealth Rock damage will just negate the effects of the sash.

Hi Braseg, nice team. I have a few suggestions though.

Either lead with Alakazam or change his item to a Life Orb. 'Zam is a hugely underrated LO user, outspeeding basically everything (most importantly ScarfTar) with huge power. Focus Sash is negated by the common Sandstorm and Stealth Rocks, making it a poor choice outside of the lead position.

There are better physical sweepers than Electivire, especially if you're Baton Passing. While his stats are good, he's forced to rely on a horrible STAB move, and most of his coverage moves are weak as well. The only real reason to use him is Motor Drive, and you can't really take advantage of that with your mere one Electric weakness. I'd replace him with a Metagross:

Metagross@Lum Berry/Life Orb
Jolly/Adamant Nature, 60 HP/252 Att/196 Spe
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch/Rock Polish

Meteor Mash is for STAB, while Earthquake hits opposing Steel and Fire types hard. Ice Punch nails Gliscor, Grounds, and Dragons. Thunder Punch can be used for Skarmory and Bulky Waters, or you could use Rock Polish if you just want to spend time passing attack boosts with Gliscor, so Metagross can boost his own Speed. This set is superior to your Electivire for a few reasons. First off, it has much more bulk and better resistances, giving it an easier time coming in. Second, it has much better defensive synergy with Gliscor. Third, its STAB move is very strong, and its weak coverage moves are less of an issue thanks to his higher Attack. It's worth noting that his ability, Clear Body, prevents stuff like Gyarados from Intimidating you.

The only real reason to use Umbreon is if your using Baton Pass and Mean Look together on a dedicated Baton Pass team. Your BP chain is short and sweet, so using Umbreon in that manner would just get in the way. Since you aren't using him as a Baton Passer, the role of Mixed Wall is much better served by Cresslia. Her ability, Levitate, also helps because of your multiple Ground weaknesses. Since you're using BP Chain, I recommend the Dual Screens variant.

Cresslia@Light Clay
Bold Nature 252HP/ 148Def/ 40SpD/ 68Spe
Reflect
Light Screen
Lunar Dance/Moonlight
Ice Beam/Psychic

Cresslia's job is simple: Set up Reflect and Light Screen to make Gliscor's Baton Pass easier. Once she does that, how you want to use her is up to you. The standard Dual Screen Cresslia all run Lunar Dance to give a setup pokemon full HP. However, if you also plan on using her in a mixed wall role, Moonlight can be used for this team as well. The attacking move is up to you. Ice Beam is decently strong and maims certain key threats, while Psychic is generally more powerful but leaves you as a sitting duck for Tyranitar.

On a side note, never apologize for using a UU pokemon. As long as you're using it in a role where it isn't outclassed, a UU pokemon can surprise opponents who haven't prepared for it, often leading to a easier win than if you were using all standards. For example, I commonly use a Mixed Sceptile. Most opponents don't know exactly how fast it is, allowing me to score easy KOs on things like Starmie and ScarfTar. In your case, Choice Scarf Blazekin avoids being totally outclassed by Infernape thanks to his higher attacking stats. As long as a UU pokemon has the right role on a team, it can be just as potent.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Oh yeah thanks for the advices I really hoped it...so Metagross or Rotom-H instead of Electivire and Cresselia instead of Umbreon...it's ok. Just two things...1) @Shining Latios what you think about a Curse-Sucker punch Umbreon? And with the DW is an Alakazam with Magic Guard and Focus sash a bad idea?
2) @2Sly4u you really think Blaziken is a good pkmn in this team??? I've always throught that anyone propose me to change him but I was wrong... so in B/W can Balloon be a good item for this Metagross? (i've got a sassy nature Cresselia on Platinum...is it the same or I must change it?)
Thanks to everyone :)

Oh yeah thanks for the advices I really hoped it...so Metagross or Rotom-H instead of Electivire and Cresselia instead of Umbreon...it's ok. Just two things...1) @Shining Latios what you think about a Curse-Sucker punch Umbreon? And with the DW is an Alakazam with Magic Guard and Focus sash a bad idea? 2) @2Sly4u you really think Blaziken is a good pkmn in this team??? I've always throught that anyone propose me to change him but I was wrong... so in B/W can Balloon be a good item for this Metagross?
Thanks to everyone :)
1.) Umbreon can't learn Sucker Punch iirc.
2.) I though this was a Gen 4 team?

1)Yes he can, with the move tutor
2Yes it is, i've propose that Alakazam just for a better one in B/W
Maybe you want to try this set:

Umbreon @ Leftovers http://wiki.pokemoncentral.it/File:Avanzi_Sprite_Zaino.png
Careful nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Curse
- Payback

Payback has 2 the amount of pp than Sucker Punch has and because of curse you will most likely attack last so the power doubles. Wish is to heal yourself and your team although you have to wait one turn. Moonlight restores your hp the same turn although with sandstorm it is only 1/4 of your max hp.

Is this for B/W or DPPt? If this was for Gen V, then I'd still recommend against Baloon. This is because nothing would be using Earthquake on Gliscor. Ideally, you should pass to Metagross against something that can't really hurt him, such as a non-LO Starmie. Then, Meta can Rock Polish up if it has to, or just nail the switch in. Once it's +2/+2, nothing that isn't named Skarmory or Hippowdon is stopping it.

Sassy Nature should be fine. Just transfer a few Sp.D EVs into Defense to make up for the Nature change. Nothing you can do about the Speed, but that's not overly important on a wall.

Your team weakness is ground. SD Luke with Ice Punch can do some heavy damage to your team when it gets up a SD: it ohkos everything bar gliscor (if it still has its yache berry) and able to ko your fastest poke: choice scarf blaziken with extremespeed. Gliscor unfortunately only attacking move is Ice Fang so that doesn't do anything to it. Therefore I suggest EQ > Ice Fang since EQ is way stronger.

AgiliGross with Ice Punch is also a problem cuz after a speed boost it can outrun your whole team and is able to ohko Blaziken and Evire with EQ, Alakazam with Meteor Mash and 2-hit ko Empoleon with EQ since Meta can survive a surf. Besides that it can take an EQ attack from gliscor and 2-hit ko with ice punch. Umbreon can't toxic stall it so it must rely on getting a few curses and hope meteor mash doesn't crit or get a few attack boosts.

It seems a good option to have someone to take ground weaknesses and taking on Luke and Meta. Rotom-A seems perfect for this although there are a few different sets so you can choose between bulk or power. The set Shining Latios gave looks nice since it fits in your offensively based team. Overheat obviously is to hit Luke and Meta for super effective damage.

Oh yeah and change the item on Alakazam to either LO or Expert Belt since Focus Sash works best when you use it as a lead.

So...I choose Metagross instead of Electivire and Cresselia instead of Umbreon but only if her IVs are good.
-Metagross @lum berry(D/P)/Balloon(B/W)
adamant nature
evs 60 HP/252 Att/196 Spe
moveset
Meteor mash-Earthquake-Ice punch-Rock polish/Agility

-Cresselia @Light clay/leftovers
Sassy nature
Evs 252 hp/164 def/92 spd
Moveset
Light screen-Reflect-Moonlight(with leftovers)/Lunar dance(with light clay)-Ice beam

or alternatively
-Umbreon @leftovers
Careful nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Curse
- Payback
I'm not really sure of this set for the lack of confuse ray but I can try and then choose what's better.
For Alakazam I choose LO in D/P and a Focus sash with Magic guard in B/W.
Thanks to all for your suggestions! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)