ORAS OU My Favorite Poke Gallade

Gallade is my favorite pokemon, so I decided to try and make a balanced team around him.

Gallade- Galladite
Ability: Justified/Inner Foucs
Nature: Jolly
Iv's: 252Atk/4Def/252Spe
Moves: Swords Dance/Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Shadow Sneak

Pretty Standard build. Use SD then proceed to sweep. Close Combat is used over Drain Punch for better wall breaking. Psycho Cut is used over Zen Heabutt for better accuracy and chance to Crit. Shadow Sneak for weaker frail pokes, however I might change that to Ice punch. I don't need knock off since I have another poke that has that covered. Jolly nature is obviously for the speed boost and the Iv's are to maximize my attack so CC hits as hard as possibly.

Bisharp-Black Glasses
Ability: Defient
Nature: Adamant
Iv's: 252Atk/52SpD/204Spe
Moves: Knock Off/Pursuit/Iron Head/ Sucker Punch

What would a Gallade team be with Bisharp? Gallade and Bisharp form a good core as they can get rid of each other checks and counters. Pursuit is used to trap Gengar and that Lati Twins, Iron is for fairies, Sucker Punch is for some priority and Knock is a great move to spam due to it being able to get rid of items. Black Glasses is used over Life orb to boost my dark moves since while preserving so health.

Sylveon-Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Modest
Iv's: 240Hp/252SpA/16Spe
Moves: Hyper Voice/ HP Fire/ Psyshock/ Baton Pass

Sylveon has works well with Gallade as I can use it to bait poison types that threaten it, and baton pass to Gallade. A choice spec'd hyper voice nukes pokes that try to switch and has the added bonus of hitting through sub. Psyshock is used to hit blissey and such and can do major damage to poison types if I decide to stay in. HP fire lets me do some damage to steel types if they switch in.

Garchomp-Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Impish
Iv's: 240Hp/176Def/92Spe
Moves: Stealth Rocks/Dragon Tail/ Fire Blast/ Earthquake

Needed a good stealth rocker and Garchomp looked like it would be good. This is also going to be my lead and makes it even more perfect since it has a favorable match-up against most leads. Stealth Rocks + Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet punishes physical attackers. It also works well with Sylveon; given it's bulk, it could switch to heatran or metagross and hit them with a Earthquake. Dragon Tail is for phazing to rack up some extra damage and fire blast is for steel types.

Talonflame-
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Careful
Iv's: 248Hp/252SpD/8Spe
Moves: Acrobatics/Bulk-Up/Roost/Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame is my answer to Mega Charizard Y. I can switch in since it resits pretty much all of its moves and I can proceed to bulk-up or roost if necessary; I then proceed to spam acrobatics. Will-O-Wisp is used to catch ground, rock or other physical threats to Talonflame on the switch. Talonflame also is my counter to Keldeo, Mega Sableye, Mega Sceptile, Magic Guard Clefable, Azumaril if I can get a wow on it and Mega Lopunny and maybe even Mega Altaria?

Tentacruel-Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Timid
Iv's: 248Hp/216Def/28spD/Spe
Moves: Scald/Acid Spray/Rapid Spin/Ice Beam

Needed a rapid spinner and I've always wanted to use Tentacruel on a team so I kinda just through it in there. It's also good fairy stopper which helps out my Tank chomp. Rapid spin is obvious as it removes rocks, Ice beam use to hit dragons and ground types that might to switch. Acid Spray is for fairies but I might change that to sludge bomb for more damage. Scald is used for burn purposes like scisors trying to switch in.

So that's my Gallade team. Not really good with team building, so be as critical as you can. Also, I'm trying not to use legendary's so try not to recommend them when giving me advice. Thanks in advance!.

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hei! :) Glad to see someone using the underrated Gallade.
But i've some suggestion to fix your team as possible I can, keeping the build-line you choose.

Gallade is a fast mon, you know, he doesn't really need Shadow Sneak imo since it's kinda weak (40 without stab or boosts). You could run Knock Off to hit Slowbro (one of the main switch ins) or Ice Punch for Landorus-T (other "safe" switch in). About the ability, Gallade is not so bulky on the physical side, so i'd suggest Inner Focus, useful against ScarfRachi.
Sylveon needs more speed. I'd run 168 speed to outspeed Defensive Saur (and hit the flowerdino with Psyshock) and Common Scizors (and hit them while they're U-turning). I usually run Max Speed to outspeed Rotom-W too but your team has no Electric resistor, so I think you need some bulkyness.
Bisharp is your switch-in for Latwins.... Dmeteor does a lot so i'd definitively run Assault Vest > Black Glasses (Glasses are ok on a SD set :O). Also Bisharp ability is Defiant and not Defient O_O AV sharp also helps u against mons like Manectric (this spread tanks Ftrower and get the boost from Intimidate so...). Here the spread I suggest you
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Why is this Tentacruel Timid? O_O Fix it in Calm. I'd change Ice Beam in Toxic Spikes or Protect. Then here the spread I suggest you
EVs: 208 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

Your Garchomp doesn't really need Fire Blast imo. U've a Cruel, a Talonflame and a HP Fire Sylveon. But I'd like to suggest you Toxic in order to toxic Hippos (hard to kill if Edge) or Endure in order to check Char X.

Hope you like these suggestions and that I helpd :O

Hei! :) Glad to see someone using the underrated Gallade.
But i've some suggestion to fix your team as possible I can, keeping the build-line you choose.

Gallade is a fast mon, you know, he doesn't really need Shadow Sneak imo since it's kinda weak (40 without stab or boosts). You could run Knock Off to hit Slowbro (one of the main switch ins) or Ice Punch for Landorus-T (other "safe" switch in). About the ability, Gallade is not so bulky on the physical side, so i'd suggest Inner Focus, useful against ScarfRachi.
Sylveon needs more speed. I'd run 168 speed to outspeed Defensive Saur (and hit the flowerdino with Psyshock) and Common Scizors (and hit them while they're U-turning). I usually run Max Speed to outspeed Rotom-W too but your team has no Electric resistor, so I think you need some bulkyness.
Bisharp is your switch-in for Latwins.... Dmeteor does a lot so i'd definitively run Assault Vest > Black Glasses (Glasses are ok on a SD set :O). Also Bisharp ability is Defiant and not Defient O_O AV sharp also helps u against mons like Manectric (this spread tanks Ftrower and get the boost from Intimidate so...). Here the spread I suggest you
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Why is this Tentacruel Timid? O_O Fix it in Calm. I'd change Ice Beam in Toxic Spikes or Protect. Then here the spread I suggest you
EVs: 208 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

Your Garchomp doesn't really need Fire Blast imo. U've a Cruel, a Talonflame and a HP Fire Sylveon. But I'd like to suggest you Toxic in order to toxic Hippos (hard to kill if Edge) or Endure in order to check Char X.

Hope you like these suggestions and that I helpd :O

Thanks for your help! I will make thoughs changes

Hey, really nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them.

I noticed a huge weakness to Charizard-X ; you literally got no switch-in, check or revenge killer to it which is pretty huge since your team is 6-0'd by him.

First, i'd recommend to use Starmie over Tentacruel, Offensive Starmie is definitvely a better spinner on offensive team since it can put a ton of work at dealing damage to the opposing team and putting an huge pressure. It will still work as check to like Keldeo.

I'd suggest to use Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut and Knock Off over Shadow Sneak, Zen Headbutt allow you to garant the 2HKO on Scarf Landorus-T, Knock Off have a better utility in general then Shadow Sneak since the only which you will catch is Lati@s/Gengar with it to don't risk the speed tie.

I'd recommend to use an Offensive set on Talonflame, like Starmie, offensive set allow you to pressure your opponent and to work as another win con with Sword Dance. Spread is used to outspeed Raikou, Thundurus which both of them resist to the priority Brave Bird and to hit them with an powerfull Flare Blitz.

To fix the Charizard-X, i'd suggest to use Klefki, Klefki will work as a check to like setup sweeper thanks to its ability Prankster which allow him to have an priority on every statut move.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Changes in short :

Tentacruel >>>
Starmie
Sylveon >>>
Klefki
Talonflame (Set)
Gallade (Mega) (Set)

Hope i helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)