Moves with out of battle effects

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Edit: This was originally posted in the small changes thread, I thought someone had deleted it and it was rejected until I saw this.

Some more stuff to go along with in game expansion. Feel free to rephrase things that seems awkward.

Fly
Out of battle effect: Transports the trainer to any PokeCenter that they have previously visited, or their house in the case of flying to their home town. Cannot be used in Caves or Buildings.

Dig
Out of battle effect: Transports the trainer to the entrance of the cave they are in, much like Escape Rope. May only be used in caves.

Cut
Out of battle effect: Cuts down small trees that the trainer is facing.

Strength
Out of battle effect: After use the trainer may push round boulders until he or she moves to a different map.

Flash
Out of battle effect: Lights up dark caves. Will wear off if the trainer leaves the cave. Can be used in Dark Cave, Mt. Mortar, Whirl Islands, Mt. Silver and Wayward Cave.

Whirlpool
Out of battle effect: Clears Whirlpools in your path.

Surf
Out of battle effect: Allows the trainer to cross most water. Can only be used when facing water.

Rock Smash

Out of battle effect: Smashes cracked rocks. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver Heart Scales and Fossils may be found under smashed rocks.

Defog
Out of battle effect: Clears Fog from an area when used to allow better visibility.

Teleport
Out of battle effect: Instantly teleports the trainer to the last healing place visited (normally a Pokemon Center). Cannot be used in certain locations (eg Pokemon League, inside Battle Frontier/Tower challenges).

Headbutt
Out of battle effect: In Heat Gold and Soul Silver if used on certain trees a wild Pokemon may fall out.

(note that it may or may not be possible for wild Pokemon to be asleep at the start of the battle at certain times of day, it was in Gen II, but its not been confirmed for HG/SS. I did ask around on #stark but no luck.)

Waterfall
Out of battle effect: If used facing a waterfall the trainer is carried to the top of it.

Sweet Scent
Out of battle effect: Causes a wild Pokemon encounter when used in places that you can encounter wild Pokemon by walking, biking or surfing. Fails if there is any external weather condition.

Rock Climb

Out of battle effect: If used when facing climbable rocks the trainer is carried up/down them.

For the next two, Veekun says that its 1/5 (20%) that is transferred, but if someone could check if this is rounded up or down it would be great.

Softboiled
Out of battle effect: User losses 20% of its health rounded up/down, target gains that number of hit points. Fails if the user is a below 20% HP or if the target is at full HP.

Milk Drink
Out of battle effect: User losses 20% of its health rounded up/down, target gains that number of hit points. Fails if the user is a below 20% HP or if the target is at full HP.

That should be all of the moves with an out of battle effect for Gen 4.

I can do this for past gens if its wanted, have some of RSE done already.

Sources: Bulbapedia, Veekun, obvious stuff from memory.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I added these to the move pages (with mingot's permission!) with a few edits.

thorns or anyone, if you want to send me a chatter description to upload I'll do so. I have no idea what it does x)

oh yea so moving this to archive now

also kinda worth noting is that, unless they changed it from 3rd gen, cut also destroys grassy areas too, though i forget how many it gets rid of. also the ability hyper cutter, i think, boosts the area of effect!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)