Needs More Info move Pokemon-Specific Items to below Useless Items in the teambuilder

If you're using a Pokemon who can use one of those items, the relevant item will show up at the top anyway. The way it is currently, it makes it take longer to scroll to Usually Useless and Useless items, which are rarely useful but at least they're universally rarely useful as opposed to "99% of Pokemon will not ever care about these items because they just straight up can't use them"

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Took me a while to realize what you meant. I think this sounds good, but I'm interested in hearing what other people think about this.

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If I understand this suggestion correctly, it has a small drawback; when building Gen7 Mix and Mega, you can want to look up to Mega Stones and moving them below Useless Items would make so a player has to scroll more to see all of them.

Now that I think of, there another case: In Gen8 STABmons can also want to look up for all Memory, as all Normal-types have access to a 120 BP Multi-Attack with no drawback.

If I understand this suggestion correctly, it has a small drawback; when building Gen7 Mix and Mega, you can want to look up to Mega Stones and moving them below Useless Items would make so a player has to scroll more to see all of them.

Now that I think of, there another case: In Gen8 STABmons can also want to look up for all Memory, as all Normal-types have access to a 120 BP Multi-Attack with no drawback.
Memories are pretty simple to just search for, since all their names just begin with the type name. They're not like the type boosting items or the resist berries.

As for mega stones, I don't think anyone is gonna be perusing the list of mega stones in the team builder when building for Mix and Mega, since it doesn't say anything about the stat changes. They're gonna look through the list in the OM thread and then type the name directly into the team builder.

Zekarum

Banned deucer.
New update message : We should actually update the items section for many pokémon in old generation formats, since different strategies evolved a lot.
Eg : Aerodactyl gets Liechi Berry on Popular items, and in ADV OU Leftovers, Lum Berry, Salac Berry and Choice Band are all automatically added in popular items, if a pokémon with specific items has a niche in OU, then that item has to be in popular ones. (Magnet for Magneton or Mystic Water for rain dance Omastar)
I can't even speak of DPP OU where a huge number of good items in OU exploded and we still put Choice Scarf by default on some bulky or stall mons that pretty much never has one niche with Scarf (but they do have one with the super effective reducing berry which are all only put on items section).
Again we should now be more specific on tiering items in old gens.

I think this could be addressed by having the client consider Mega Stones as Popular/Great Items when the active format is a MnM format. They aren't really Pokemon-specific items in those formats anyway.

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
I think this could be addressed by having the client consider Mega Stones as Popular/Great Items when the active format is a MnM format. They aren't really Pokemon-specific items in those formats anyway.
This could also even be its own suggestion IMO. It seems like a simple enough thing to do, and it would make building for MnM Formats way easier

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
I don't agree with that idea. There are more specific items I'd like to keep seeing when I'm building my team, and items I not even knew that existed or what's their name when selected those Pokémon. For example, Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, Soul Dew (for latias and latios), Mimikium Z, Kommonium Z or other specific Z stones (yes, some people still use them/want to keep using them in sone formats), etc. So, as they are, as the name says, Pokémon-specific, and they may be one of the first things you what to place in those Pokémon, if not also for the fact they don't occupy that much space as the other items would occupy before them, they should be kelp first .

I don't agree with that idea. There are more specific items I'd like to keep seeing when I'm building my team, and items I not even knew that existed or what's their name when selected those Pokémon. For example, Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, Soul Dew (for latias and latios), Mimikium Z, Kommonium Z or other specific Z stones (yes, some people still use them/want to keep using them in sone formats), etc. So, as they are, as the name says, Pokémon-specific, and they may be one of the first things you what to place in those Pokémon, if not also for the fact they don't occupy that much space as the other items would occupy before them, they should be kelp first .
You seem to be mistaken about what it is I'm suggesting.

1652773203499.png

The item(s) that automatically show up on the very top of the list when you use a Pokemon with a specific item isn't what I'm proposing to be moved.

1652773306544.png

It's alllll the items for Pokemon you aren't using that should be moved.

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
Ohhhhh! Now I understand why you were suggesting that!
That's a good ideia - we don't need every Pokémon-specific item (which are literally useless to all Pokémon except the corresponding ones) to appear before the Useless Items. Good suggestion, and thanks for clarifying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)