Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ matt: if you use the RNG reporter there are also spreads with just one or two flawless IVs needed from the parents...basically you don´t need 6 flawless IV parents to get a 6 flawless IV baby

just callibrate what seconds and delay you frequently hit and find a spread with 1-2 IVs inherited from the parents....getting 1 or 2 flawless IVs on parents (or even 3) is really simple with a ditto / other good parents (you don´t need to rng abuse the parents)...sometimes one of the parents doesn´t even have to have flawless IVs, maybe only nature if female

hacking is absolutely not needed and doesn´t make sense at all (I was always against it anyway)

The Legendary Birds (Pre-Elite Four)

The legendary birds are handled as Method 1 Pokémon, but the PID/IVs for all three of them are created at one time using 15 RNG Calls. 1-4 create Moltres, 6-9 create Zapdos, and 11-14 create Articuno. Please note that all RNG advancement must be done immediately before releasing the birds, as it at that time when the Nature and IVs are created.

Moltres
Frame: 1

Zapdos
Frame: 6

Articuno
Frame: 11

The Legendary Birds (Post E4)

Once you have beaten the Elite Four you may speak with Professor Oak and he will re-release any birds which have not already been captured. The remaining birds will be regenerated in the same order as they were originally (Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno). If none were captured they will appear on Frames 1, 6, and 11. If one was captured the remaining birds will appear on Frames 1 and 6. If two were captured the remaining bird will appear on Frame 1.
1. are you able to rng abuse all 3 birds in one game or just 2? or is it only one?

ehm I released the birds after the elite four and caught a 6x31 timid zapdos...now remembering I read some notes about re-releasing the birds I beat the E4 but it doesn´t seem like they are re-released

2. does this only work if I have released them first before the E4?
3. how exactly does this work? do the 2 birds you haven´t caught simply disappear from the pokétch map if you beat the E4?
4. if they don´t disappear, do you have to consider (calculate) them as roamers when re-releasing them? (I know this is absurd lol)
5. does running/letting them flee affect the option to re-release them? what about fainting them/letting them beat you?

probably going to restart the game soon, so I´d like to know how to catch as many (rng-ed) birds per game as possible...thanks in advance

1. You can RNG for all 3, I've only got 2 in my thread so far because Articuno is being a dick.

2. You can't release them before the Elite4. You must receive the National Dex to get Oak to move to his house in Eterna.

3. You need to faint the other two, then defeat the Elite 4, and then talk to Oak to release them again, with their new starting frames.

4. If you don't defeat them, then they will continue to roam until you do, so yes they are counted as "roamers".

5. Fainting them is necessary, if you run/let them faint you they will just continue roaming until you catch/defeat them. Obviously, if you catch one you cannot re-release it.

It lists the actual offset, that is the number of RNG calls that happened to get your monster. It is also listed in ZERO places in the guides for abusing, so can safely be ignored. You can take my word for it.

Also, I do believe the directions always say to use the frame, so ...
Thanks a lot for the help, riddlinkid and mingot. But I did read the entire guide on wichu's program, maybe I must have overlooked one sentence or something. Or maybe I didn't consider that since it was never mentioned anywhere, the 'actual' column was insignificant. XD

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
HG/SS is not at a state where there is much that can go into the OP at this point. It's being worked on, so look for updates when we have something to say,

Hum.. As can I up the frame in Heartgold and soulsilver ? (for legendary)
Shouldn't you know since you are translating the other topic and putting it in an Italian forum.

Only way to advance so far is by walking 128 steps and using the radio. The problem with that is until we (mingot) finds out the new method, we can't abuse for them without save states. You can somewhat abuse method 1 pokemon still with trial and error (Raikou and Entei, Latia@s)

You can abuse if you have Save states. Requires emulator / cyclo.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
HG/SS is not at a state where there is much that can go into the OP at this point. It's being worked on, so look for updates when we have something to say,
Where is the HGSS RNG research thread? Just curious. I was following it, but I can't seem to find it anymore?!

2. You can't release them before the Elite4. You must receive the National Dex to get Oak to move to his house in Eterna.
Popping in to nitpick here, you technically can release them before defeating the Elite Four for the first time, all you need is the National Dex (missing slots in the Sinnoh dex can be traded for).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
@ matt: if you use the RNG reporter there are also spreads with just one or two flawless IVs needed from the parents...basically you don´t need 6 flawless IV parents to get a 6 flawless IV baby

just callibrate what seconds and delay you frequently hit and find a spread with 1-2 IVs inherited from the parents....getting 1 or 2 flawless IVs on parents (or even 3) is really simple with a ditto / other good parents (you don´t need to rng abuse the parents)...sometimes one of the parents doesn´t even have to have flawless IVs, maybe only nature if female

hacking is absolutely not needed and doesn´t make sense at all (I was always against it anyway)
Totally forgot to say it, but thank you very much for pointing that iout. I still haven't gotten far enough to actually try it yet (still reading over the directions) but I can see now how you don't need flawless (or whatever) parents. I usually screw the Attack Stat, or SAtk anyway (whichever I'm not needing) so I can just have that be the stat inherited by the parents. Hopefully I'll have time tonight after church to stick 2 parents into the daycare and see how it works in practice.

thank you so much man for making that clearer. :)

I could care less about days, but my range for all days is in 11th hour, is there a way to change this or am I stuck still?
You can change the years to change the delay, but it won't affect the time range much. You'll be stuck with the same hour in general.

I don't see why a particular hour would be a problem, unless you're trying to catch time-specific species. In that case I'd suggest hitting the delay and advancing the required frames, then leaving your DS on until the appropriate time (however, the success of this strategy could depend on the route you're on, as several NPC's could affect your frame and render this plan useless).

Can anyone, um, help me with RNG abuse in Platinum? I'd like to know how to abuse Breeding, and I'm stuck at Shiny Egg. Thanks to anyone who will help me!

Does anyone know how Riley's Riolu works? Or how it can be manipulated? That's the person that gives you the egg in Iron Island.

Hey Guys,
I succesfully used the rng to get a nice palkia and Dialga after 1 hour of resetting.
Now i wanted to do the same with fossils (aerodactyl). I hit the correct delay about 3 times and i changed my target frame to the right number (247; so i have to flip the pages 123 times), but i never got my desired aerodactyl after taking that fossil. So i wanted to ask you if there´s anything different between the fossiles rng method and normal resetable Pokemons such as legendaries? And I know that fossils are method 1 Pokemon.

Hey Guys,
I succesfully used the rng to get a nice palkia and Dialga after 1 hour of resetting.
Now i wanted to do the same with fossils (aerodactyl). I hit the correct delay about 3 times and i changed my target frame to the right number (247; so i have to flip the pages 123 times), but i never got my desired aerodactyl after taking that fossil. So i wanted to ask you if there´s anything different between the fossiles rng method and normal resetable Pokemons such as legendaries? And I know that fossils are method 1 Pokemon.
When you say, you changed your target frame, what do you mean exactly?

Did you expand the results in the main window, to check what frame / particular spread you actually got? If so, what did you get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)