Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, once again, something happened. I got my delay right and my target time, but my coin app returned wrong results. And another thing, my seed I found in the time finder was eight digits in hex form. The one I found in the seed generator was 7 digits long. To compare: 081102C2 and 11102C2

Okay, once again, something happened. I got my delay right and my target time, but my coin app returned wrong results. And another thing, my seed I found in the time finder was eight digits in hex form. The one I found in the seed generator was 7 digits long. To compare: 081102C2 and 11102C2

The only difference is the 0 out front which doesnt matter, and the 8 instead of the 1, which means you didn't hit the right seed. Like I said, the date or time is wrong. One thing wrong may be the seconds, the minutes, the day, or the month. So check between the RNG reporter and your ds. Then, check the seed to time what spread you're trying to go for, and make sure you didn't mess up there.

Thanks again Lightning. Hopefully now I have all the stuff right, and can use Emloops's amazing timer to hit my delay after I get back.
P.S. Giveaway starts tomorrow for sure.

Im having trouble with the frame lately(in the breeding process) there is no known technique on how to handle these frame right?
I have some shit load of issues with the frames....DX Is there was to keep em constant?

I need some help using the RNG to get wild pokemon with good IVs. I know how to do it to legendaries, but how do I with wild pokemon? I'll like to get a good ditto. It is on route 218 and needs the use of pokeradar. Can Ivs be influenced while using the pokeradar? If not then I'll do something easy to find, like a starly.

Ok now I don't know what this whole slot thing means.

Now if I do starly at Lake Verity the chart for pokemon diamond that Mingot posted says a 0,2,4,6,8, and 10 next to the starlys. Are these the slot numbers? How to I make a certain slot show up?

Also is there any way to hit a certain delay? I'm unable to hit the right delay. Is it pretty much random and takes some luck to hit the right delay or can I somehow hit continue at the right time to hit a delay?

Pokeradar is extremely hard to get wild Pokemon from. You have to luck it out so a shaking patch of grass is in the right spot. I'd just get one from the trophy garden in Platinum if I were you.

Yes, those are slot numbers. To check what slot you'll encounter for your frame (Method J), use the newest version of RNG reporter and just right-click on a Method J frame and click "Check Encounter Slots." It should give you all the information you need.

With the RNG, 1. With Synchronise, 1/4. Otherwise, 1/50. At least, that's what they are theoretically (1/2 chance of the right ability, 1/25 of the right nature).

Sorry that was a completely absent-minded post, lol, I was watching TV. What I meant to ask was: when trying to find a shiny spread for a normal egg using RNG Reporter, what are the odds of getting a Timid pokemon with Ability 1 within a reasonable amount of taps? Like how many resets does it take on average?

Sorry about the confusion, I'm deleting that post out of shame.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
The newest version of RNG Reporter has the nature and ability finder for eggs built in. As long as you can hit your delay, you no longer have to "juke" for natures.

You can find this feature in the Time Finder on the Dppt Shiny Egg tab.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'm still confused with the calibration phase for the hatching of perfect pokemon. I'm locked into a shiny brave magikarp egg, so I collected it IMMEDIATELY from the guy, flew to the Resort area, caught a magikarp and found the initial seed:

F10A026D

Then I hatched my egg (shiny xD) and raised it and checked the IVS:

Magikarp - #129 (Brave)
HP: 15
Att: 10
Def: 27
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 3 - 4
Speed: 12

Now how do I know which frame this is from? I've put Breeding D/P/Pt on and have the seed and clicked generate but there are thousands of frames. Bear told me that you can search it but I'm not sure where. Is it in the main search place? I've tried there and it just generates the same results. Help?
EDIT: Parent IVs:

Parent A: Magikarp - #129 (Lax)
HP: 10
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 21 - 22
SpA: 25
SpD: 2 - 3
Speed: 11 - 12

Parent B: Magikarp - #129 (Bold)
HP: 15
Att: 3
Def: 2
SpA: 4 - 5
SpD: 28
Speed: 26 - 27

Looks like you got B / 10 / 27 / 10-11 / A / A as your spread. Just scroll down the list of IVs until you match it up. As it's an inital frame, and you did no Journal Flips (I'm assuming), it should be one of the first 10 or so.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great!

Looks like you got B / 10 / 27 / 10-11 / A / A as your spread. Just scroll down the list of IVs until you match it up. As it's an inital frame, and you did no Journal Flips (I'm assuming), it should be one of the first 10 or so.
Thanks I found it xD probably because I was so tired this morning I didn't find it -.-

After testing about 5 times, I have figured out that the pokeradar advances the rng by 15 frames. I not sure if you've already found this though

After testing about 5 times, I have figured out that the pokeradar advances the rng by 15 frames. I not sure if you've already found this though
How are the wild pokemon created, method 1 or J?

Also, when you activate the pokeradar and get the patches, are those 1 of the 15, like how the 3 birds are in the 11 advancements. Like is the 1 square away patch like number 3, then 2 is like 6, ... Something like that maybe.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How are the wild pokemon created, method 1 or J?

Also, when you activate the pokeradar and get the patches, are those 1 of the 15, like how the 3 birds are in the 11 advancements. Like is the 1 square away patch like number 3, then 2 is like 6, ... Something like that maybe.
Yes, basically what was the exact testing methodology.

If you can save in a patch of grass, radar, and then scent and the radar was +15 it could actually be quite useful as a means to advance an odd amount in areas with grass.

The method was J simply because the synchronizers affect what spreads come up. Now i didnt exactly check the steps but the difference between the number of rng advaces I needed to do to get into the radar patch and the frame of the caught pokemon were always 13 and 15, or 15 and 17. (the spread appeared on two frames). I will continue to test different scenario's and post the results here

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You'd really do well to just do what I said in the post above. It's a good start to figuring out the most basic information and has practical implications for anyone using RNG abuse to capture wild Pokemon.

OK i will do that now. One more thing, I just tested radar on the same seed, and the 1st radar always creates the same patches on the same seeds

EDIT: Ok, using the method you asked
At Valley Windworks with no NPC's
I hit continute, used the pokeradar and sweet scented. Everytime, the caught pokemon was on frame 11. Sweet Scent advances the RNG by 2, thus Pokeradar advance the RNG by 9 Frames.

The Area I used before probably had some NPC's I wasnt aware of

Ok, so I'm trying to breed a sweet shiny Impish Gligar.
I got the seed right (14 seconds, 608 delay). My ID and PID are correct. The 'Shiny Only' box is checked. The frame is 44421. The Method is 'DPPt Egg PID (Normal)'. When I right-click, the option 'Calculate Poketch Taps ...' is grey, so I can't select it.

Funny is, when I change the method to 'DPPt Egg PID (International)', it becomes available (5k taps or more, but available).

I'm using Platinum Version and RNG 6.10 (7MinusOne 1. Edition)

Ok, so I'm trying to breed a sweet shiny Impish Gligar.
I got the seed right (14 seconds, 608 delay). My ID and PID are correct. The 'Shiny Only' box is checked. The frame is 44421. The Method is 'DPPt Egg PID (Normal)'. When I right-click, the option 'Calculate Poketch Taps ...' is grey, so I can't select it.

Funny is, when I change the method to 'DPPt Egg PID (International)', it becomes available (5k taps or more, but available).

I'm using Platinum Version and RNG 6.10 (7MinusOne 1. Edition)
Get 6.11. This problem was fixed in that version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)