More Unique Teams on Shoddy?

I have noticed a number of "Less OU" teams then you will see in the normal DS metagame. Now, I don't know what this is about, maybe it is just what I have seen, but I have also seen a lot more Confuse Ray's and Para-haxorz, because of the high HAX rate. I want to ask you what you use in Shoddy that you would never use in the DS.

I myself use a CM Celebi, that wouldn't last at all in DS.

i just faced a swagger, shere cold glalie almost preformed a registeel sweep because of it
also i use registeel on shoody but never on my ds

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy for me seems about the same as DS; I only use pokemon i can't use in DS if they're only pracitcal with a 31 IV

i just faced a swagger, shere cold glalie almost preformed a registeel sweep because of it
also i use registeel on shoody but never on my ds

Hehe, other way around here. I have also seen a number of Regirocks which I have never seen on my DS. Interesting.

I would pretty much use everything on my Shoddy team on a DS. Thing is...if I find a weakness I have to re-breed.

Yes, but would you use something like confuse ray on the DS over Thunderwave? I sure wouldn't, because it seems that the HAX goes up bigtime.

The main things I use on Shoddy that I don't on DS are perfect legendaries (Suicune), and things with EV spreads I want to try (see my Balls of Fury).

My primary goal of Shoddy right now is to find a good well-rounded team that I can then try to breed for (Or pokeradar for ^_~) and use in my DS for the occasional challenge.

The college I'll be at doesn't have wi-fi hotspots for my DS, so I'd have to go to somewhere like Arby's or something if I wanted Wi-Fi...

I wouldn't even play this game if it wasn't for Shoddy... breeding a team or even catching and training a team is such a huge time commitment. It just isn't worth it, even though I have fun battling.

I wouldn't even play this game if it wasn't for Shoddy... breeding a team or even catching and training a team is such a huge time commitment. It just isn't worth it, even though I have fun battling.
Tell me about it, it has taken me about a month to get everything perfect. I force myself to play on DS, otherwise I feel like I wasted a lot of money. It's debatable, but I like DS.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Therea re more unique teams on Shoddybattle simply because people can try out crazy EV spreads to see if they actually work, and give niche pokemon that seem like complete and utter failures in OU a try to see if that pokemon really does suck or is just misunderstood.

I do that like no one's business, and I've found that some pokemon that others classify as really crappy without trying them have worked wonders on my teams. It's also easier to make a binding focus on your teams as you can tweak them just as much as you need to get them just the way you want them so they can get ready to destroy other teams.

Also, you can use things like Zapdos much easier, because you don't have to get them from FR/LG and you don't have to endure a nightmare of soft resetting for good IVs/nature/hidden power.

I personally don't even have wifi for my DP, so this is something I need to use if I want to battle someone...I don't feel like walking over to EB Games every time I want to battle someone...

Obviously the teams will be more unique, people can test things without breeding forever for IVs/training.

I also believe that as the standard metagame settles they will become more and more similar.

If I find something works well on Shoddy (against people who actually know what they're doing) then obviously I will consider using it ingame. Pretty simple.

I have noticed a number of "Less OU" teams then you will see in the normal DS metagame. Now, I don't know what this is about, maybe it is just what I have seen, but I have also seen a lot more Confuse Ray's and Para-haxorz, because of the high HAX rate. I want to ask you what you use in Shoddy that you would never use in the DS.

I myself use a CM Celebi, that wouldn't last at all in DS.
Hey, Im chineseYoumu/Chibiaya from shoddy. I battled you the other day with my non OU team. I use confuse ray lapras on shoddy, It works alright, I have alot of fun with it

I tend to try some BL treasures,Luna and venusaur are underrated...
EDIT:I just got paraflinched to death by a dunsparce...
I used to run Dunsparce as my starter since anything was screwed once it got going and nothing got away unharmed.

Lunatone is awesome though, its pretty much Jynx forfeiting some speed for something resembling defenses and slightly better typing.

I use a Solrock starter sometimes. Trick Room + Explosion can nail a lot of stuff, not to mention it gets STAB Stone Edge and put's a huge dent in most starters not named Swampert [in which I can explode].

I've also used Dusnparce, when my team had a lot of Paralyzers. It is really almost as evil as Togekiss.

I used to run Dunsparce as my starter since anything was screwed once it got going and nothing got away unharmed.

Lunatone is awesome though, its pretty much Jynx forfeiting some speed for something resembling defenses and slightly better typing.
Uhm I meant jynx(Luna set)lol.Perhaps I should try lunatone.

my ninjask lead just faced a lvl 1. phanpy lead, obviously with endeavor + ice shard. i swords danced, baton passed to machamp, and dynamic punched for a whopping 116,331 % !! then it hurt itself in confusion and it fainted :) i just think that percentage was pretty ridiculous, it wasn't even a critical hit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)