Other [Monotype] Bulky Offensive Ground

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is your Uncle Stunny again, here to showcase my latest creation I made with the help of my friend, WishingJirachi7 . This team is fairly easy to get the gist of once you see it/play a game or 2 with it. This is a different approach for a ground team compared to normal generic ones, because 1, there's no Landorus I, there's a big Camel instead, and Mamo's running freeze dry (._.). Overall though, with this team you have coverage all around, so you should be able to adapt to the rest of the meta quick. (Did I mention this team is also great at stomping bugs?). Anyways, lets get to the team:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 140 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

This is your typical Hippo set, with some Special Defense evs to further increase its walling capabilities. This is basically the only thing on the team that doesn't attack much. It's meant to, as with all Hippowdons, to set up SR, and get Sandstorm up to support the rest of the team (or in our case, Excadrill.)

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Kaiser's famous Seismitoad set, with a nice twist on the evs. This spread utilizes it to provide a more offensive presense, as it outspeeds max speed Azumarill, adamant Crawdaunt, and others. This is where choice specs can be a more viable option, since seismi's special attack is pretty sub par, this can further boost it. All around, great set, you got Scald with a nice 30% burn chance, EP as a general STAB, Grass Knot (godsent for ground teams) for water mons, and Sludge Wave to almost completely check Azumarill, which can otherwise cause the team problems if it manages to get a boost. (Shout out to KGBeast for the EVs).

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature / Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Mamoswine is a staple on ground teams, as it provides a really useful resistance to ice attacks, and it has STABs that are resisted by few. Earthquake is your main spammable STAB that can hit anything without wings hard. Icicle Spear is a great secondary as it hits multiple times, meaning, it can bipass sashes, and break through subs and still do damage (EX: Whimsicott and Gliscor). Icicle Crash however is also a great option as it is consistant in damage output, and there's a nice flinch chance. Ice Shard is for priority, that can pick off mons once weakened. Now, Freeze Dry, this is an amazing tool that can benefit the team quite a bit. 40 Special Attack Evs ensure a guaranteed 2KO on Slowbro after SR. It can also KO Modest Ludicolo (aka the Bane of All Ground Teams), and KO Gyarados after SR. It can also 2KO Physical Defensive Rotom-W after SR. (The 2KO's are for mostly on switchins, since those mons commonly wall Mamo).

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power / Rockslide
- Will-O-Wisp

The special wallbreaker of the team. Yea its slow (88 Speed evs makes it just barely outpace base 30's, like Slowbro and Ferrothorn), but this thing provides the team a lot of benefits. Because of its part Fire typing, you get a few nice niches: Immunity to WoW (bye bye Sableye), a STAB that can smack Steel, Grass, and Ice hard, and it's your teams best check to Mega Char Y. Fire Blast will hit a variety of mons hard, but if you don't like the accuracy, Flamethrower is also a viable option (It'd do the same amount of damage as EP). Earth Power is your secondary STAB that can put in just as much work. Ancient Power/Rockslide is great coverage for mons like Char Y (as mentioned above) and Volcarona. The only reason to run Rockslide instead would be for if your worried about Volcs passed +1, the Ancient Power can't OHKO. Lastly, Will O Wisp is a nice tool since Camel can lure in a lot of physical threats, such as Gyarados, Garchomp, ect. Very nice to burn them on switch in.

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

The best sweeper ground has to offer, Excadrill. This is the common Banded set, but instead of Adamant, we have it set on Jolly so if sandstorms out, and the faster threats are gone, it can still potentially sweep. So things such as Nidoking will be in for a nice suprise when they see you outspeed them. The rest of the set pretty much explains itself.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off / Rock Slide

This thing, is an absolute monster. The really nice thing is that you can either set it up as a wallbreaker, especially for annoying walls such as Mega Venu, or, set up Rock Polish to clean teams up if Excadrill isn't in a good spot to be sent in, so its a great option as a secondary sweeper. If you wanna be really cool though, set up both of them, and just Bulldoze (puns!) entire teams. That's how amazing this set is. The rest of the set is fairly self explanitory, except the last option, you can shuffle between a few moves if your shakey with Stone Edge's accuracy, or, your just having a bad day with Latios or Cresselia. The given Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outpace Charizard X (After a Dragon Dance) and Choice Scarf Kyurem after a Rock Polish. (Thanks Twix for the EV suggestion). If you want though, Sub Bulk up is also a very viable set (shout out to Ralker for the genius idea), just sub when your opponent switches. This thing is a great partner for Excadrill, since thanks to intimidate, it can tank a lot of physical attacks, like fighting, and its immunity to ground moves. Again, absolute monster, do not underestimate this thing.

Threats:
Ludicolo: Again, this thing is the bane of all ground teams, and in the rain it is unstoppable. If you can get Mamoswine in safely when rain's down, freeze dry should be able to OHKO, and you'll outspeed Modest Varients.

Keldeo: This can be tricky. If it's Sub CM, Seismi can run into problems with it. Your only bet would be to sack someone to take down it's sub, have sandstorm up, and get Excadrill in to finish it. If it's Specs/Scarf, Seismi can take Water Attacks, and Hippo/Lando can take Secret Sword (great time to set up Lando to sweep).

Kyurem-B: Life Orb variants especially, this thing can wreck. If you can get Excadrill in safely in Sandstorm, or if you figure out its bulky, he can take care of it. Scarf, same situation, however a lot easier to handle.

Latios: Since this thing flies, usually carries Energy Ball/Surf, and nobody can wall it efficiently, this thing is threatening. Same Situation as Kyurem, if you can get Exca in safely, that helps a lot, just be careful of a Slowbro switch in if it's on a Psychic Team.

Breloom: Something else that can sweep the team if your not careful. Your best bet is to sack someone for Spore (usually Hippowdown), and get Landorus in. This can give you a decent chance to boost against it, and it really can't do much to you about it. After an SD, EQ should 2KO.

Azumarill: As mentioned above, this is a huge problem for all ground teams, as if you mispredict, and it manages to get a Belly Drum boost, GG. Your best bet is Seismi, if your not running specs, it may need to be weakened first, however, it is fast enough to outspeed max speed invested variants, and Sludge Wave is sure to do a good chunk (no Aqua Jet for yous).

Manaphy: Deadly deadly deadly. This can break everything on the team if your not careful, especially Offensive TailGlow. If you cna get Excadrill in safely while getting some damage prior, or have Lando boosted prior to it being sent out, that's about all you cna do to it.

There are probably other threats I'm forgetting to mention, but those are some mains ones you should worry about, and make sure to be prepared for.

Hey thanks for checking out this RMT, have fun with the Team if you use it! :)

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Modest Nature / Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Knock Off

Gloria Extrasand (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Billy Bob (Seismitoad) (M) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Heavy Mama (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Muffin Top (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp

Max (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Mucho Gusto (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

scpinion

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this is a cool take on Ground, which is unlike the extremely common ones with Garchomp and Landorus-I, but there are a few changes I can see which can be pretty benificial.

First off, Mamoswine should be running a Naive Nature > Lonely Nature, which can help outpace Pokemon like Breloom, and Speed tie with Hoopa-U. In addition, Icicle Spear should be the only move listed in its spot as it can break the sash on Pokemon such as Breloom, as well as break through Substitute, while Icicle Crash can miss and can't break a Substitute.

Also, You can change around the Speed EVs on Landorus-T to allow it to outspeed foes after a Rock Polish, such as +1 Charizard X and Scarf Kyurem. I'll post the set down below.

All in all, this is a pretty solid Ground-type team with a bit of an unorthodox idea behind it, so kudos to that.

Sets:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The given Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outpace Charizard X (After a Dragon Dance) and Choice Scarf Kyurem after a Rock Polish. Stone Edge is probably the best option in the last slot to help with Ice-types. The 4 EVs are in Defense because if the HP was even you would take more damage from Toxic etc. The Speed also helps Landorus-T outpace these Pokemon before a Rock Polish that it wouldn't with no investment.

229 / Crawdaunt / 55 / +Spe / 252 / 0
228 / Gothitelle / 65 / Neutral / 252 / 0 / 30 IV [Hidden Power Fire]
221 / Heatran / 77 / Neutral / 124 / 0
221 / Scizor (Mega) / 75 / Neutral / 140 / 0
220 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 8 / 0
219 / Rotom-Wash / 86 / Neutral / 44 / 0
219 / Swampert / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0
218 / Azumarill, Diancie / 50 / +Spe / 252 / 0
218 / Magnezone / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0 / 30IV [Hidden Power Fire]
218 / Victini / 100 / +Spe / 252 / -1

465 / Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / +1
465 / Kyurem-Black / 95 / +Spe / 224 / +1
464 / Seismitoad / 74 / Neutral / 192 / +2
463 / Sharpedo (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / +1
463 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / +1
453 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / +1
442 / Hydreigon / 98 / Neutral / 252 / +1
438 / Aerodactyl (Mega), Alakazam (Mega) / 150 / +Spe / 252 / 0

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I can tell you from personal experience that the speed on camel is pointless. You still lose to slowking and ferro will always be min speed, and slowbro with any spdef investment always avoids the 2hko. So no need to be cheeky. And you have no scarfer. I understand you still have sand rush exca, but I would recommend Scarf Digg over toad. Then if you want another special attacker, change lando form. Here is Digg set:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Return
EVs outrun M-Lop and M-Mane. It hits hard too and U-turn is nice.
I'm sure your team is good already, but I hope this makes it better :)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can tell you from personal experience that the speed on camel is pointless. You still lose to slowking and ferro will always be min speed, and slowbro with any spdef investment always avoids the 2hko. So no need to be cheeky. And you have no scarfer. I understand you still have sand rush exca, but I would recommend Scarf Digg over toad. Then if you want another special attacker, change lando form. Here is Digg set:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Return
I'm not really sure how getting rid of Seismitoad helps his team at all, as it's like the glue holding his team together. Other than it, Azumarill can easily clean through his team, while Seismitoad can at least take it on; the same thing occurring against most other Water-types. The Speed on Camerupt can be beneficial in taking on weakened Slowking, as well as the fact that not 100% of Ferrothorn are minimum Speed, as they don't have to run Gyro Ball (Power Whip can be used in place of it).

Hey man, this is a cool take on Ground, which is unlike the extremely common ones with Garchomp and Landorus-I, but there are a few changes I can see which can be pretty benificial.

First off, Mamoswine should be running a Naive Nature > Lonely Nature, which can help outpace Pokemon like Breloom, and Speed tie with Hoopa-U. In addition, Icicle Spear should be the only move listed in its spot as it can break the sash on Pokemon such as Breloom, as well as break through Substitute, while Icicle Crash can miss and can't break a Substitute.

Also, You can change around the Speed EVs on Landorus-T to allow it to outspeed foes after a Rock Polish, such as +1 Charizard X and Scarf Kyurem. I'll post the set down below.

All in all, this is a pretty solid Ground-type team with a bit of an unorthodox idea behind it, so kudos to that.

Sets:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The given Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outpace Charizard X (After a Dragon Dance) and Choice Scarf Kyurem after a Rock Polish. Stone Edge is probably the best option in the last slot to help with Ice-types. The 4 EVs are in Defense because if the HP was even you would take more damage from Toxic etc. The Speed also helps Landorus-T outpace these Pokemon before a Rock Polish that it wouldn't with no investment.

229 / Crawdaunt / 55 / +Spe / 252 / 0
228 / Gothitelle / 65 / Neutral / 252 / 0 / 30 IV [Hidden Power Fire]
221 / Heatran / 77 / Neutral / 124 / 0
221 / Scizor (Mega) / 75 / Neutral / 140 / 0
220 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 8 / 0
219 / Rotom-Wash / 86 / Neutral / 44 / 0
219 / Swampert / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0
218 / Azumarill, Diancie / 50 / +Spe / 252 / 0
218 / Magnezone / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0 / 30IV [Hidden Power Fire]
218 / Victini / 100 / +Spe / 252 / -1

465 / Charizard (Mega-X), Volcarona / 100 / +Spe / 184 / +1
465 / Kyurem-Black / 95 / +Spe / 224 / +1
464 / Seismitoad / 74 / Neutral / 192 / +2
463 / Sharpedo (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / +1
463 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / +1
453 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / +1
442 / Hydreigon / 98 / Neutral / 252 / +1
438 / Aerodactyl (Mega), Alakazam (Mega) / 150 / +Spe / 252 / 0
On Mamo there should of been the additional option for Hasty Nature (I must of forgotten to add it), since most ice attacks are special, I didn't want it's special defense to be lowered by much. Also, with the Breloom point, they usually carry mach punch, so I really don't see the added benefit of the extra speed unless you break its sash first. As for Lando, I like that change, I was just tbh too lazy at the time to calc what I'd need to outspeed, how much additional bulk I could have, but, yea, thanks so much I really appreciate it.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Return
Twix is right, Seismi is a big staple for the team, I appreciate the suggestion, but there are 2 very viable sweepers on the team already, which is more than enough. U Turn is very nice, on my main ground team I actually run Scarf Lando T (and that's what usually helps me check breloom). Without Seismi, Camel is already near useless vs water, since its so slow, and even Bubble can OHKO it lol, so Seismi is a great partner and additional special attacker to have.

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
On Mamo there should of been the additional option for Hasty Nature (I must of forgotten to add it), since most ice attacks are special, I didn't want it's special defense to be lowered by much. Also, with the Breloom point, they usually carry mach punch, so I really don't see the added benefit of the extra speed unless you break its sash first. As for Lando, I like that change, I was just tbh too lazy at the time to calc what I'd need to outspeed, how much additional bulk I could have, but, yea, thanks so much I really appreciate it.
The point that I was making about Mamoswine is that it only takes around 78% maximum from a Mach Punch, whereas if you weren't max Speed it could take you out with Bullet Seed. The Special Defense on Mamoswine doesn't really matter because it's low as is.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is your Uncle Stunny again, here to showcase my latest creation I made with the help of my friend, Wish. This team is fairly easy to get the gist of once you see it/play a game or 2 with it. This is a different approach for a ground team compared to normal generic ones, because 1, there's no Landorus I, there's a big Camel instead, and Mamo's running freeze dry (._.). Overall though, with this team you have coverage all around, so you should be able to adapt to the rest of the meta quick. (Did I mention this team is also great at stomping bugs?). Anyways, lets get to the team:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

This is your typical Hippo set, with some Special Defense evs to further increase its walling capabilities. This is basically the only thing on the team that doesn't attack much. It's meant to, as with all Hippowdons, to set up SR, and get Sandstorm up to support the rest of the team (or in our case, Excadrill.)

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Kaiser's famous Seismitoad set, with a nice twist on the evs. This spread utilizes it to provide a more offensive presense, as it outspeeds max speed Azumarill, adamant Crawdaunt, and others. This is where choice specs can be a more viable option, since seismi's special attack is pretty sub par, this can further boost it. All around, great set, you got Scald with a nice 30% burn chance, EP as a general STAB, Grass Knot (godsent for ground teams) for water mons, and Sludge Wave to almost completely check Azumarill, which can otherwise cause the team problems if it manages to get a boost.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Mamoswine is a staple on ground teams, as it provides a really useful resistance to ice attacks, and it has STABs that are resisted by few. Earthquake is your main spammable STAB that can hit anything without wings hard. Icicle Spear is a great secondary as it hits multiple times, meaning, it can bipass sashes, and break through subs and still do damage (EX: Whimsicott and Gliscor). Icicle Crash however is also a great option as it is consistant in damage output, and there's a nice flinch chance. Ice Shard is for priority, that can pick off mons once weakened. Now, Freeze Dry, this is an amazing tool that can benefit the team quite a bit. 40 Special Attack Evs ensure a guaranteed 2KO on Slowbro after SR. It can also KO Modest Ludicolo (aka the Bane of All Ground Teams), and KO Gyarados after SR. It can also 2KO Physical Defensive Rotom-W after SR. (The 2KO's are for mostly on switchins, since those mons commonly wall Mamo).

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

The special wallbreaker of the team. Yea its slow (88 Speed evs makes it just barely outpace base 30's, like Slowbro and Ferrothorn), but this thing provides the team a lot of benefits. Because of its part Fire typing, you get a few nice niches: Immunity to WoW (bye bye Sableye), a STAB that can smack Steel, Grass, and Ice hard, and it's your teams best check to Mega Char Y. Fire Blast will hit a variety of mons hard, but if you don't like the accuracy, Flamethrower is also a viable option (It'd do the same amount of damage as EP). Earth Power is your secondary STAB that can put in just as much work. Ancient Power/Rockslide is great coverage for mons like Char Y (as mentioned above) and Volcarona. The only reason to run Rockslide instead would be for if your worried about Volcs passed +1, the Ancient Power can't OHKO. Lastly, Will O Wisp is a nice tool since Camel can lure in a lot of physical threats, such as Gyarados, Garchomp, ect. Very nice to burn them on switch in.

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

The best sweeper ground has to offer, Excadrill. This is the common Banded set, but instead of Adamant, we have it set on Jolly so if sandstorms out, and the faster threats are gone, it can still potentially sweep. So things such as Nidoking will be in for a nice suprise when they see you outspeed them. The rest of the set pretty much explains itself.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Knock Off

This thing, is an absolute monster. The really nice thing is that you can either set it up as a wallbreaker, especially for annoying walls such as Mega Venu, or, set up Rock Polish to clean teams up if Excadrill isn't in a good spot to be sent in, so its a great option as a secondary sweeper. If you wanna be really cool though, set up both of them, and just Bulldoze (puns!) entire teams. That's how amazing this set is. The rest of the set is fairly self explanitory, except the last option, you can shuffle between a few moves if your shakey with Stone Edge's accuracy, or, your just having a bad day with Latios or Cresselia. If you want though, Sub Bulk up is also a very viable set (shout out to Ralker for the genius idea), just sub when your opponent switches. This thing is a great partner for Excadrill, since thanks to intimidate, it can tank a lot of physical attacks, like fighting, and its immunity to ground moves. Again, absolute monster, do not underestimate this thing.

Threats:
Ludicolo: Again, this thing is the bane of all ground teams, and in the rain it is unstoppable. If you can get Mamoswine in safely when rain's down, freeze dry should be able to OHKO, and you'll outspeed Modest Varients.

Keldeo: This can be tricky. If it's Sub CM, Seismi can run into problems with it. Your only bet would be to sack someone to take down it's sub, have sandstorm up, and get Excadrill in to finish it. If it's Specs/Scarf, Seismi can take Water Attacks, and Hippo/Lando can take Secret Sword (great time to set up Lando to sweep).

Kyurem-B: Life Orb variants especially, this thing can wreck. If you can get Excadrill in safely in Sandstorm, or if you figure out its bulky, he can take care of it. Scarf, same situation, however a lot easier to handle.

Latios: Since this thing flies, usually carries Energy Ball/Surf, and nobody can wall it efficiently, this thing is threatening. Same Situation as Kyurem, if you can get Exca in safely, that helps a lot, just be careful of a Slowbro switch in if it's on a Psychic Team.

Breloom: Something else that can sweep the team if your not careful. Your best bet is to sack someone for Spore (usually Hippowdown), and get Landorus in. This can give you a decent chance to boost against it, and it really can't do much to you about it. After an SD, EQ should 2KO.

There are probably other threats I'm forgetting to mention, but those are some mains ones you should worry about, and make sure to be prepared for.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

scpinion
Once Azumarill finds the opputunity to set up BD, rip Ground Team. You may want to add it to the threats section since extremely poor predictions against it can cost the game. Anyways, glad to have worked with you on the team.

The point that I was making about Mamoswine is that it only takes around 78% maximum from a Mach Punch, whereas if you weren't max Speed it could take you out with Bullet Seed. The Special Defense on Mamoswine doesn't really matter because it's low as is.
I agree with you, but me personally at least, I wanted a bit more power to make it a functioning Wallbreaker. There's also the fact that mach punch can be a problem, the opponent will probably either Mach Punch assuming it is faster, or, since its sashed usually (and if it isnt broken) immediately revenge kill with bullet seed. That honestly is only me though, I just added the additional option. Thanks again for the suggestion fren :)

Once Azumarill finds the opputunity to set up BD, rip Ground Team. You may want to add it to the threats section since extremely poor predictions against it can cost the game. Anyways, glad to have worked with you on the team.
Yea I can do that really quick. Glad to work with you too :)

I was planning on giving suggestions a few days ago, but that never happened. I really like this team. Mono Ground is way too stale for my liking, but this is a team that I would ladder with.

As much as I love Mega-Camerupt on Ground, it does nothing to mitigate threats. As such, I would replace Mega-Camerupt with the ever so standard Mega-Garchomp.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Garchomp has the same EdgeQuake + Fire coverage, so it can hit the same targets as Camerupt. However, Mega-Garchomp also has incredible bulk, and, most importantly, a good speed tier. Garchomp, just like Camerupt, manages to beautifully wall break, while having enough speed to handle aforementioned threats. Due to his Speed, Garchomp has the capability to check Kyurem and Manaphy to a degree before mega evolving, and will always be able to check BD Azumarill

4 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 254-302 (64.9 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 360-426 (92 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 282-332 (108 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 163-193 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 201-237 (55 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 282-333 (78.9 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 241-285 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 10 Def
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Since you now have a more reliable wallbreaker, Double Dance Landorus-T can now be replaced with Rock Polish Landorus-I. A Modest nature still allows Landorus to severely threaten fat teams, especially when coupled with Garchomp. After a Rock Polish, you can basically say GG to the offensive meta. Enough Speed is invested to outspeed Adamant Excadrill in the sand and to speed creep walls running enough Speed for Jolly Bisharp and Breloom. 104 HP helps him ease into a set up, and while not mandatory, 10 IVs in Defense will force Genesect to always receive an Attack Download boost.

I was planning on giving suggestions a few days ago, but that never happened. I really like this team. Mono Ground is way too stale for my liking, but this is a team that I would ladder with.

As much as I love Mega-Camerupt on Ground, it does nothing to mitigate threats. As such, I would replace Mega-Camerupt with the ever so standard Mega-Garchomp.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Garchomp has the same EdgeQuake + Fire coverage, so it can hit the same targets as Camerupt. However, Mega-Garchomp also has incredible bulk, and, most importantly, a good speed tier. Garchomp, just like Camerupt, manages to beautifully wall break, while having enough speed to handle aforementioned threats. Due to his Speed, Garchomp has the capability to check Kyurem and Manaphy to a degree before mega evolving, and will always be able to check BD Azumarill

4 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 254-302 (64.9 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 360-426 (92 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 282-332 (108 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 163-193 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 201-237 (55 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 282-333 (78.9 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 241-285 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 10 Def
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Since you now have a more reliable wallbreaker, Double Dance Landorus-T can now be replaced with Rock Polish Landorus-I. A Modest nature still allows Landorus to severely threaten fat teams, especially when coupled with Garchomp. After a Rock Polish, you can basically say GG to the offensive meta. Enough Speed is invested to outspeed Adamant Excadrill in the sand and to speed creep walls running enough Speed for Jolly Bisharp and Breloom. 104 HP helps him ease into a set up, and while not mandatory, 10 IVs in Defense will force Genesect to always receive an Attack Download boost.
I get what your saying, but that sorta loses the purpose behind the ides on building the team. It was meant to be Ungeneric and fun to use, so doing what you just suggested would make it look like any common ground team, which most ground teams you'll see like that. If anything man, I rly recommend you try it as is first. A while ago I managed to make top 10 with a similar team, so by no means ladder ing with mega camel is impossible.

DoW

formally Death on Wings

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this is your Uncle Stunny again, here to showcase my latest creation I made with the help of my friend, WishingJirachi7 . This team is fairly easy to get the gist of once you see it/play a game or 2 with it. This is a different approach for a ground team compared to normal generic ones, because 1, there's no Landorus I, there's a big Camel instead, and Mamo's running freeze dry (._.). Overall though, with this team you have coverage all around, so you should be able to adapt to the rest of the meta quick. (Did I mention this team is also great at stomping bugs?). Anyways, lets get to the team:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Kaiser's famous Seismitoad set, with a nice twist on the evs. This spread utilizes it to provide a more offensive presense, as it outspeeds max speed Azumarill, adamant Crawdaunt, and others. This is where choice specs can be a more viable option, since seismi's special attack is pretty sub par, this can further boost it. All around, great set, you got Scald with a nice 30% burn chance, EP as a general STAB, Grass Knot (godsent for ground teams) for water mons, and Sludge Wave to almost completely check Azumarill, which can otherwise cause the team problems if it manages to get a boost. (Shout out to KGBeast for the EVs).

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off / Rock Slide

This thing, is an absolute monster. The really nice thing is that you can either set it up as a wallbreaker, especially for annoying walls such as Mega Venu, or, set up Rock Polish to clean teams up if Excadrill isn't in a good spot to be sent in, so its a great option as a secondary sweeper. If you wanna be really cool though, set up both of them, and just Bulldoze (puns!) entire teams. That's how amazing this set is. The rest of the set is fairly self explanitory, except the last option, you can shuffle between a few moves if your shakey with Stone Edge's accuracy, or, your just having a bad day with Latios or Cresselia. The given Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outpace Charizard X (After a Dragon Dance) and Choice Scarf Kyurem after a Rock Polish. (Thanks Twix for the EV suggestion). If you want though, Sub Bulk up is also a very viable set (shout out to Ralker for the genius idea), just sub when your opponent switches. This thing is a great partner for Excadrill, since thanks to intimidate, it can tank a lot of physical attacks, like fighting, and its immunity to ground moves. Again, absolute monster, do not underestimate this thing.

Threats:

Azumarill: As mentioned above, this is a huge problem for all ground teams, as if you mispredict, and it manages to get a Belly Drum boost, GG. Your best bet is Seismi, if your not running specs, it may need to be weakened first, however, it is fast enough to outspeed max speed invested variants, and Sludge Wave is sure to do a good chunk (no Aqua Jet for yous).

Manaphy: Deadly deadly deadly. This can break everything on the team if your not careful, especially Offensive TailGlow. If you cna get Excadrill in safely while getting some damage prior, or have Lando boosted prior to it being sent out, that's about all you cna do to it.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Modest Nature / Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / X Scissor

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Knock Off

Gloria Extrasand (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Billy Bob (Seismitoad) (M) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Heavy Mama (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Muffin Top (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp

Max (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Mucho Gusto (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

scpinion
I really like this team, I'd never really seen the point of running bulky offense Ground but this team really sells it.
The one suggestion I'd make is to swap Landorus' Leftovers for Earth Plate. This gives it a noticable boost in power that can be very useful at times:
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 258-304 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Earth Plate Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 309-364 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

I really like this team, I'd never really seen the point of running bulky offense Ground but this team really sells it.
The one suggestion I'd make is to swap Landorus' Leftovers for Earth Plate. This gives it a noticable boost in power that can be very useful at times:
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 258-304 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Earth Plate Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 309-364 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
Tbh I rly like that suggestion, but at the same time the passive recovery is nice, especially considering the fact that it already has sd. For things like Porygon2 tho that carry ice beam, if that 2KO's om switch in, I may just try it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)