Other Metagames [Monotype] Brains and Brawn - A Mono Psychic Team

Hello! I'm Luke. I've been on the boards for a couple of months now but I haven't necessarily taken advantage of that. This is my first RMT, and this was one of the first Monotype teams I've ever created.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

My primary wallbreaker. I use this for bouncing back anything other mons want to try on me. I run sash because Espeon's frail, and Sash Espy is usually my source of death fodder if I need a safe switchin to something.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong is my special sponge and support mon. I have Screens so I have more options to switch into something. Rocks are the only hazards my team has to set, and Toxic is to try and wear down anything that's in front of it.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

This is my heavy hitter. With good Speed and over 600 Attack, Medicham is a very good Pokemon to go into under the right circumstances. Fake Out is so I can get off my Mega Evolution safely, and just try and get off some initial damage when it comes in. HJK and Zen are STAB, and Ice Punch is for coverage.

Slowbro @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Psyshock / Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowbro is my physical tank. I like to switch between Leftovers and Rocky Helmet because the helmet is very good for punishing a lot of physical offense, and Leftovers are Leftovers. I use T-Wave so I can possibly just come in with something and win late-game.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

I find Hoopa to be my late-game sweeper for the most part. There aren't too many switchins to a Adamant Hyperspace Fury, and it is a very good option for Dark STAB. Gunk Shot is for Fairies, which hurt my team doesn't like is Bronzong is dead. Fire Punch is for bug types, which like Fairies, hurt my team if I don't have Bronzong.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Last, but not least, Latias. I needed hazard control for this team, and my thought process for not using Latios was to have a more bulkier mon(although Latios always still is a option). Life Orb is very good for getting solid damage off on anything, and HP Fire is another answer for Steel Types, along with Mega Medi.

Thank you for for looking at my team! I appreciate it, and thank you in advance to the rater. :)
Bronzong @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright cool Team but I have a couple changes that will enhance the team and make it a lot more consistent
>

• Espeon is pretty much baggage on your team it doesn't fulfill a specific role only thing it provides is a bit of extra Speed
  • Scarf Victini provides and while also doing very well against bug teams as well with a Blue Flare mixed set.
  • It also has U-turn to gain momentum and good coverage in Bolt Strike as well covering the water types.
  • It also has V-Create which is very powerful base 180 STAB Attack.
>

• Bronzong is cool Pokemon to use with Screens but the team is ridiculously Bisharp weak a plus 2 Bisharp 6-0's the team
  • Bronzong is also very slow and weak to common fire type attacks so it can't set up Stealth Rocks on Mega Charizard-Y which is common on Fire and Flying teams
  • Mew has access to Wil-o-Wisp which can burn and cripple Physical threatssuch as Bisharp
  • With 108 Speed Mew can outspeed base 70 jolly Pokemon giving the Team a way to cripple Bisharp
  • Unlike Bronzong Mew has recovery in Roost which makes it a lot more reliable
  • It also has Taunt which can break set up sweepers Mew does what Bronzong wants to do and more.

• Bullet Punch>Ice Punch this is due to the fact that Lando-T is very uncommon in Monotype and in general it is not as useful as it would be in OU. Bullet Punch allows you to effectively check Mega Diancie and gives you something to pick of weakened threats with Fake Out plus Bullet Punch

• EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD > EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA this change allows you to have a better chance of living Solarbeam from Mega Charizard-Y which can do some damage to the team and is decently common in Monotype

• With Victini as a Choice Scarf user Choice Scarf Hoopa-u is kinda redundant, so Steel Breaker Hoopa-u > Choice Scarf Hoopa-U
  • Dark Pulse breaks Doublade and Skarmory
  • Drain Punch beats Heatran and Bisharp
  • Hidden Power Fire allows you to break Scizor and Ferrothorn
  • Substitute gives you another check to Bisharp as well

• Latias only has one niche over Latios and that is Healing Wish if it isn't used you might as well use Latios
  • Either Latios>Latias or Healing Wish> Hidden Power Fire Healing Wish can allow you to revive a weakened teamate and it allows Latias to have a use over Latios on this team
  • This change also allows you to Speed tie with base 110 such as Gengar which can be useful due to not needing to lose a Speed IV to Hidden Power Fire
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Medicham @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Drain Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Good Luck!!!

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely be sure to use those sets on the ladder. I really appreciate it. :)

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Hey! Nice team, I agree with all of iVids suggestions but one minor thing I would change is Colbur Berry Slowbro>Leftovers, ur team is weak to Mega Sharpedo, once it gets to plus 2 speed it can sweep your entire team, Colbur Berry atleast allows u to get a thunder wave off and cripple it, and gives a chance for things like Medicham and Victini to revenge kill, also this is optional but Grass Knot > Ice Beam on Slowbro to check things such as Seismitoad and Swampert, but overall nice team and good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)