Monferno @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
The lead of the team and even the MVP!So this lead utilizes the lead SR and the encore the opponent to SR,a move that doesn't affect a teammate and it will help him set up or a status move.Also the sash will guarantee you to set up rocks and kick you in blaze range were Fire Blast does 55~58% to Misdreavus, wreacks Armaldo and does a nice amount to Musharnas!Also Vacuum wave is there as for priority which will help you revenge kill things if SR are not in the field or you have enough HP to come in.(Also makes Wailords (scarf) Water spout less effective).Also you can use Monferno as a great death fodder so you can avoid damage or status moves!

Metang:

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Hone Claws
- Rest
-Meteor Mash

You can use Metang for many things...Wall,Screener,Agility/Rock Polish or all out offensive threat!As for me I chose the tank Metang!This thing is the special wall of the team and what a great special wall!With eviolite its Special Defense and Defense reach crazy levels.But it doesn't only tank hits but spread pain too with Meteor Mash and Hone claws boosts!The Rest/Talk strategy seems ineffective to most Pokemon battlers but this thing saved me countless times!

Rotom-Fan:

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
-Pain Split
This set might seem stupid because of Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split but it works.By burning the opponent and being physically bulky Rotom-Fan is unbeatable from the physical side!Also it has a defensive advantage against CCs from Primeape and Sawk which is a HUGE plus!Also it gives great momentum with the Volt Switch shenanigans and HP Ice has great type coverage!

Basculin:

Basculin @ Life Orb/E-belt
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 60 Spd / 224 Atk / 224 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Maybe the life saver of the Team!This thing saved me Countless times!By faking a Choice Band set with E-belt or making the opponent thinking that is safe to bring their Roselia/Samurott/Victreebel in and take the hit,Basculin can then destroy their dreams.With that specific speed investment it can outspeed Max speed Samurott/Victreebel and the kill them when they come in take the Waterfall dmg and then kill them with HP Grass/Ice Beam respectively.

Jumpluff:

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
The speedy team player which puts foes to sleep and sets up on their faces.Countless sweeps with this thing and many times helped me put foes to sleep in tricky situations.But be careful because you have to set up an SD so you can kill anything from nearly full/full HP because Jumpluff has not that good Attack!

Primeape:

Primeape @ Choice Band
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Assurance​

The hard hitter/Stall Breaker!Primeape for me is a lot better from Sawk.Not only it has more base speed but it has U-turn and Assurance.U-turn help keep the momentum with Rotom-Fan's Volt Switch but also hits Psychic types!As for Assurance it helps you KO Misdreavus on the switch in and deal a lot of damage to physically defensive Musharna.(Assurance:If the target has received damage on this turn before this move was used, this move's Base Power is doubled. However, if the target received damage by any of the following methods Base Power will not double: self-inflicted damage by using an attack (Curse, Belly Drum, or Substitute), hit itself in confusion, recoil from Struggle, or being hit with the move Pain Split. If the target is dealt zero damage from an attack that would have damaged it, except for the effect of a final modifier or the attack itself, then Base Power will be doubled.)So that means when they switch in to take the CC you can smack 'em with dat Assurance and kill 'em/deal a lot of Damage!

Thanks for Reading this RMT! :)
(You can Rate this Team by replying or use the Poll for faster answering)
Here is a PO live showcasing the Team!: :)

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there.

I subsequently like the idea as far as the team's concept goes, but I also feel that it'll be more efficient if you revamped some of the movesets and EV spreads around them. For example, the set that you are utilizing with Metang would be much better made if you use it to distribute its utility to specific threats such as Musharna and Jynx, seeing as you don't have many effective (nor reliable) responses to them alone as Metang is your only good switch in to the two. Since Metang is your only good check against the two, I suggest that you replace the current set with the Offensive Utility set, which allows you to act like a counter to the two with Toxic and Bullet Punch to shut the two down, respectively. The Attack EVs that will be added on the set is crucial as it allows you to 2HKO Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Seeing as you already have Stealth Rock used on Monferno, you have room to use options like Pursuit to trap Jynx, Haunter, and Kadabra, Psych Up to allow it to match up against Bulk Up Braviary better, or Sleep Talk to function as a sleep absorber against the likes of Jynx, Tangela, or Vileplume.

On another note, this team is pretty vulnerable to Gorebyss if it sets up, having opportunities on Metang and Monferno as it proceed to overpower your team with boosted hits since you have no way of revenge killing it reliably, if at all. With that, I think that using Choice Scarf Rotom-S over the current set will be beneficial for you, as you can pick off Gorebyss at +2 with a Volt Switch. While the loss of being able to switch moves and burn stuff means that this will make you a bit more vulnerable to Ground-types, you can opt for Hidden Power Grass, which hits certain Ground-types as hard with the added ability to hit Seismitoad. This gives you a revenge killer that can provide a lot of insurance against specific threats such as Gurdurr or Scolipede in general, which giving you a fast way to get out with Volt Switch.

Lastly on the note on Basculin, I really don't think that the particular set serves very much purpose outside of its niche with Adaptability and priority. The set is also unable to out-speed base 95 Speed offensive threats, while having no good way of getting past Jynx. As a result, I feel that it would be best to just stick with its Choice Band set, as the threats that you've mentioned aren't major obstacles towards it anyways, and it allows you to out speed and muscle through base 95 threats with the added power behind it and decent coverage. You can also run Toxic as a filler if you're worried about common switch ins such as Alomomola or Tangela.

I think these changes will definitely be of help, as it allows you to keep up with faster threats and ensure that you can check specific threats more efficiently. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Metang - Offensive Utility (EVs of 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD with an Adamant nature; set of Meteor Mash / Toxic / Bullet Punch / Pursuit, Psych Up, or Sleep Talk)

Rotom-S - Choice Scarf (Max SpA and Speed with Timid; set of Volt Switch / Air Slash / Trick / HP Grass)

Basculin - Choice Band (Max Attack and Speed with Jolly; set of Waterfall / Aqua Jet / Double Edge / Superpower or Toxic)

Thanks a lot Ranger Dell :) !So where to we start ;p??As for the Metang I will change it to the set that you recommend me even if psych up would be really situational it can work very well versus the scary sub+bulk up set for Braviary!Then about the Rotom-Fan,I thought about using the scarf trick set but I had problems dealing with physical attackers and also about gorebyss I easily deal with that with Monferno(encore)(That's why is not Jolly so other Gorebyss can outspeed me and I always safe Monferno's sash for that reason) and the other priorities but maybe I will have to switch it!And as for the Basculin I think the set works better than the stantard set with CB because not only you bluff the CB but you take down big threats like Roselia and Samurott!You have to test it to see it TRUE potential because I think the set is very underrated!So thanks a lot for the suggestions and also I would recommend you test the team in NU (2-3 matches) and you will see what I am talking about! Again thanks! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)