Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]

* Mimikyu is one of the best offensive Trick Room setters in the metagame, and also being able to provide a lot of support to the team.
* Disguise is an excellent ability for a Trick Room setter, as that makes Mimikyu able to survive at least one attack and set up Trick Room.
* Mimikyu's ability also helps at beating offensive sweeper, such as Kommo-o, as it can survive a hit thanks to Disguise and revenge kill the opposing Pokémon in return.
* Mimikyu's typing is incredibly good, as it makes Mimikyu immune to Fake Out thanks to its Ghost typing, while also being able to be a Clangorous Blaze switch in thanks to its Fairy typing.
* Mimikyu also has a decent offensive typing, frightening threats such as Mega Gengar, Kommo-o, Gothitelle or Tyranitar.
* Its mediocre Attack stat makes Mimikyu really vulnerable to Intimidate. However, it threatens back with a powerful Let's Snuggle Forever, and has access to Swords Dance.
* Mimikyu's wierd Speed stat doesn't help much, as it is slower than most of the metagame, but faster than the slowest Pokémon, so it won't be the fastest Pokémon on the field neither in Trick Room nor outside of it. However, being faster than Tapu Lele helps Mimikyu break though it.

[SET]
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Mimikium Z
ability: Disguise
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Trick Room is Mimikyu's main role because of its ability, as it will almost be guaranteed to set up.
* Play Rough is Mimikyu's main STAB, which lets Mimikyu go through Dragon, Dark and Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Salamence, Tyranitar, Scrafty and, most notably, Kommo-o.
* Mimikium Z lets Mimikyu deal a lot of damage in one hit, letting it OHKO some Pokémon with neutral damage most of the times, such as Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele and non-invested Mega Gardevoir variants.
* Shadow Claw is a good option as it hits stronger than Shadow Sneak. However, due to its low Base Power and Mimikyu's poor Attack, it doesn't let Mimikyu OHKO Pokémon like Mega Gengar or Tapu Lele at neutral and Cresselia at +2, although it guarantees the KO on Gothitelle at +2 most of the times.
* On the other hand, Shadow Sneak is a great option for finishing off opposing Pokémon that Mimikyu's partner left with low HP the last turn. It can also OHKO non-invested Mega Gengar at +2, but it's not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Sorry for being so slow. I had irl tournaments and school stuff...

Could you give some feedback on what I have already done? I'm thinking about doing another "Support set" later.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Not QC but I think the main set should have another option beyond SD and I don't know if a full support set is even necessary if you add a couple moves to the last slot. Any support set really won't be surviving much more than the standard set and when you pull out of the offenses for Mimikyu there isn't support moves that will justify that change nor does it have a wide enough movepool to justify it either.

Here's what I'm thinking if there were to be 2 sets:

name: Standard Trick Room
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Shadow Claw
move 4: Swords Dance / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
item: Mimikium Z
nature: Adamant / Brave
evs: / 252 HP / 252 Atk 4 SpD

This should be standard just for maximum bulk and support options in Taunt and WoW. I don't personally think Shadow Sneak hits hard enough in this meta to be viable on a TR mon. I think you could slash some other options for Items such as Mental Herb or even Focus Sash.

name: Offensive Trick Room
move 2: Shadow Claw
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Destiny Bond / Play Rough
item: Ghostium Z / Mental Herb
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This is a pretty solid two-fold offensive Mimikyu. This one will want speed because it is designed to get TR up and KO someone as soon as TR get's up thanks to Z destiny bond adding the Follow Me effect. The Speed allows it to also get off an extremely powerful Z Shadow Claw that can ohko some Aegislash and catch other TR setters by surprise like Gothitelle or Cresselia. Taunt can stop opposing TR or setup mon from abusing you setting up TR and can also catch slower tailwind users off guard like modest Zapdos and Mega-Charizard Y. Mental Herb is a good option to catch a taunt and force TR up.

Again I'm not QC but as someone who often uses Mimikyu I feel these sets may better align for its ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)