ORAS OU Metal Bug Turns Away + Electric Doggo with Glasses Usin' Electricity (1650)

Team Songs:
The Squad:

Introduction: Me and a homie wanted to build a gangster squad, which revolved around a bulky Scizor cleaning up/Pivoting and a Specs Raikou inflicting massive pain on any team that cant deal with it.
They are the Volt-Turn core, which can inflict chunks into any team. After this, it was decided we need a Def tank/Rocker. With this, Lando was perfect, it fucks with anything that isn't Water-type or Ice-type. Lando was chosen over Garchomp because of his pivot capabilities, as well dealing with certain mons. Next Latios was a no brainer, Venu was countering my team pretty hard, and I love Latios in any team, dropping a Draco can inflict so much pain, as well as Defog providing a good way to stop Rocks for my pivots. Keldeo came in as the Water-type of choice, pairing well with Scizor-Mega, taking care of pokemon my team doesn't currently care for, such as Weavile, Dark-types, Rock-types, etc. Lastly, I needed something to be a Special Attack sponge, and take up unwanted attacks, and I needed a Fire-type to stop Grass-mons overtaking my team.

Standard Scizor pivot set. Extremely physically-bulky, while pertaining SpD investment.
needs barely any Def investment, hits like a truck. Don't mistake this bulk as a Def tank, that's not his intention, unless it's eating up Ice-type moves, etc. Particularly good against against Lopunny. Tanks anything like a god. Don't tank Scalds with this guy, or you risk late-game.

Tundra-Boy (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

The star of the team, Sleet & Hail, my nigga. Choice Specs make this thing hit harder than a truck, it hits more like a meteor at this point. Anything team not ready for this, will lose multiple Pokemon trying to deal with this thing. Volt Switch does amazing damage while providing the Volt-Turn core.

Sleet & Hail (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

- The Def tank, the Rock-setter, additional pivot -- This bad boy is here to fucc with SmogonBird (Talonflame), as well as provide chunk damage to just about anything it can outspeed/take a hit on. Standard sets here, although if you want to be a fuck, run Smack Down, for the fun of it.
Vain Villiage (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

- The Defogger, hole maker and counter to pesky poison/fighting types. Can't really take many hits from a lopunny, (can take an Ice Punch IIRC 2-hit-ko). Here mostly because I don't fuxx with Amoongus. Standard sets all-round
$uicide Boy$ (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

- My Double Specs Offense/Wall Breaker. This bad boy is here to punch a hole in anything that Raikou hasn't. Double Specs is amazing, contemplating Scarf, but Specs has treated me well. Although Scarf lets you deal with Lopunny a lot easier. Very standard set, besides HP Grass -- Let me explain. FUCK GASTRODON. That mother fucker counters the whole team unless you land a Toxic, if you don't it can Recover on Secret Swords, and stall. It's a motherfucker. I have HP Grass here to fuck with it. Stops me from dealing with normal Gyrados that's DD'd up about twice (Keldeo lives all moves) but that's fine.

----- Currently testing Modest + Specs

Ryuketsu No Guan (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind

- SPD sponge - Slave to taking hits I don't want anyone else to take. Pretty standard set, Taunt/Toxic because fuck stall. You could really run Magma Miss, but I hate that move. 68 Speed to outspeed something, but I can't remember what.
Dolemite (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Threats that I can think of currently:
-- Very annoying to deal with, outspeeds a lot on your team, you basically have to let Tran get Para, or hope he doesn't predict a switch into Raikou. Gonna probably have to sack a Pokemon and revenge-kill with something like Tran

-- Bulky and annoying. EQ fucks Tran, Giga fucks Lando, Sludgebomb chunks Latios and it's obvious you will Psyshock, HP Fire destroys Scizor-Mega. Basically has to come in on a Keldeo Scald and get Burn hax'd.

-- Very fast and annoying. Destroys Lando, but Scizor-Mega has your back. You just have to predict Ice-Punch then switch into Sciz then BP, and it'll take a lot of damage + Rocks if you set them up stop it a lot, because of people loving Fake-Out -- Scarf Keldeo will fucc with this thing a lot.

-- I hate this thing, so bulky, and dishes out tons of damage. I haven't fought teams with it enough to say exactly how to play against it.

-- Scizor-Mega can stop it pretty hard. Bullet Punch/U-Turn chunk it, but if it has Superpower, you're in a bit of trouble that's gonna hurt a lot. Keldeo can take Anything that isn't Play Rough, but be careful of Knock-Off, don't wanna lose Scarf, or Specs. Tran can fuck with it, to a point (mostly take hits, threaten). Raikou is the rat poison, for this water rat.

-- Both chunk team so much. Raikou needs to catch them off, or they will dent whole team. Basically, it needs to miss Fire-Blast, so Lando can kill, or Have Tran get Lucky.

- Just walls me hard.

Importable below.
Tundra-Boy (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Sleet & Hail (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Vain Villiage (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

$uicide boy$ (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Ryūketsu No Gaun (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind

Dolemite (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
sup, pretty straightforward bulky offense that utilizes a simple steel / ground / water / drag backbone, late game wincon alongside wallbreakers to soften up checks until priority or something else is capable of cleaning. there won't be many mon changes needed to be made without changing the function of the team greatly, this rate will mainly focus on small optimizations in terms of a set or spread alteration. getting straight into your threatlist, thundurus variants can get annoying to the team but the build does have specs raik to check it & force it out, latios / heatran both taking a hit, & just pressuring it by playing well with stealth rock in your favour until its in range of m-scizor for example. m-venu & pretty much every bulky grass in the tier gets pressured well as the former can't run every single coverage move in its arsenal while getting pressured through rocks + pivots, keldeo constantly fishing for burns, latios, tran, etc. m-lopunny can admittedly annoy the team but playing smartly with the combination of m-scizor + land-t should beat it in most scenarios, similar case for m-heracross these days; not a whole lot switches in comfortably aside from bold clefable + a few obscure mons, so just wearing it down & giving it limited switchins is the way to go, pretty much every strong breaker is dealt with optimally this way.

first off, i'd opt for a spread of 248 hp / 8 spdef / 252 speed with a timid nature on heatran as opposed to the spdef variant for multiple reasons. having a faster tran in the current meta is essentially crucial for surpassing a somewhat crowded speed tier, being capable of beating stuff such as offensive sd m-zor (your checks to it on this team get worn down hella fast), m-heracross, ada drill out of sand, most mew variants which can just stall out the entire team, bisharp, & a ton more, while the max hp helps you pivot into some attacks. the loss of bulk is made up for with other members as well.

next, on this team in particular, i would be running a tad bit more phys. def on m-scizor to help land-t not get overwhelmed entirely as it is your primary check to the majority of the physical metagame, & through no reliable recovery as well as repeatedly coming in on attacks, its gonna end up getting pressured. the spread i suggest is 248 hp / 96 def / 164 spdef while remaining impish. this spread earns comfortable rolls on the majority of the metagame, while i personally don't find the 44 atk relevant on bulky sd variants b.c its checks should be in range by late game anyways through priority.

now, i'd personally never opt for icy wind over hydro pump on specs keldeo, especially when it can become crucial in more than a few practical situations. i think hp grass is an alright tech here b.c gastrodon & a few other bulky waters can cause annoyances, so hydro > icy is something this team can afford. this is just optional but you can afford to run a different filler on latios that can help the team achieve multiple things (this is over psyshock btw). but surf nailing m-diancie which all run hp fire these days, driller, ttar, tran which can all trouble the team in different ways, i'd certainly consider testing it b.c psyshock isn't entirely needed on this team. oh yeh, run 29 hp ivs on latios to hit a life orb number.
======
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Defog

gl with the team, feel free to ask me about any of the changes n_n

sup, pretty straightforward bulky offense that utilizes a simple steel / ground / water / drag backbone, late game wincon alongside wallbreakers to soften up checks until priority or something else is capable of cleaning. there won't be many mon changes needed to be made without changing the function of the team greatly, this rate will mainly focus on small optimizations in terms of a set or spread alteration. getting straight into your threatlist, thundurus variants can get annoying to the team but the build does have specs raik to check it & force it out, latios / heatran both taking a hit, & just pressuring it by playing well with stealth rock in your favour until its in range of m-scizor for example. m-venu & pretty much every bulky grass in the tier gets pressured well as the former can't run every single coverage move in its arsenal while getting pressured through rocks + pivots, keldeo constantly fishing for burns, latios, tran, etc. m-lopunny can admittedly annoy the team but playing smartly with the combination of m-scizor + land-t should beat it in most scenarios, similar case for m-heracross these days; not a whole lot switches in comfortably aside from bold clefable + a few obscure mons, so just wearing it down & giving it limited switchins is the way to go, pretty much every strong breaker is dealt with optimally this way.

first off, i'd opt for a spread of 248 hp / 8 spdef / 252 speed with a timid nature on heatran as opposed to the spdef variant for multiple reasons. having a faster tran in the current meta is essentially crucial for surpassing a somewhat crowded speed tier, being capable of beating stuff such as offensive sd m-zor (your checks to it on this team get worn down hella fast), m-heracross, ada drill out of sand, most mew variants which can just stall out the entire team, bisharp, & a ton more, while the max hp helps you pivot into some attacks. the loss of bulk is made up for with other members as well.

next, on this team in particular, i would be running a tad bit more phys. def on m-scizor to help land-t not get overwhelmed entirely as it is your primary check to the majority of the physical metagame, & through no reliable recovery as well as repeatedly coming in on attacks, its gonna end up getting pressured. the spread i suggest is 248 hp / 96 def / 164 spdef while remaining impish. this spread earns comfortable rolls on the majority of the metagame, while i personally don't find the 44 atk relevant on bulky sd variants b.c its checks should be in range by late game anyways through priority.

now, i'd personally never opt for icy wind over hydro pump on specs keldeo, especially when it can become crucial in more than a few practical situations. i think hp grass is an alright tech here b.c gastrodon & a few other bulky waters can cause annoyances, so hydro > icy is something this team can afford. this is just optional but you can afford to run a different filler on latios that can help the team achieve multiple things (this is over psyshock btw). but surf nailing m-diancie which all run hp fire these days, driller, ttar, tran which can all trouble the team in different ways, i'd certainly consider testing it b.c psyshock isn't entirely needed on this team. oh yeh, run 29 hp ivs on latios to hit a life orb number.
======
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Defog

gl with the team, feel free to ask me about any of the changes n_n
curious about why surf on lati?

Hey man! Nice team. I don't have much to add on to what the above poster said, but I wholeheartedly agree that you should change the set to the FastTran one. Considerable better in this meta and a much better fit for the team. It lets you better check opposing trans (Which your team doesn't love, considering lando can't afford to be burnt and keldeo is worn down fairly easily) and bisharp as well.

Now, I know you were going back and forth on an item for keldeo, and I think I have a good one. Your team doesn't appreciate heatran, bisharp, crawdaunt (Who's kinda getting a little more popular nowadays), garchomp, opposing landorus, mega gyarados, and a few other things. There's a lot of pressure to check these guys on keldeo. Because of that, I would recommend considering RestTalk Keldeo > Specs Keldeo. It still hits very very hard, but this way it brings a whole lot more utility and sustainability. Here's the set:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lots of people would say rocky helmet is better than lefties, but I prefer the nice passive recovery (That is, when you're actually keeping your item haha. You're gonna be switching into a lot of knock offs lol) plus your landorus already has a helmet and it's pretty redundant to have it twice.

Anyways man, nice looking team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)