XY OU MegaScizor's Masterpiece(An ORAS OU HO Team)(Peak #-5)

You read the title right, they made a whole new rank because this HO team just demolished ladder.

So here is how this teambuilding went:

+

I was like man you know what sounds like an awesome core? Bisharp+ Gengar, and boy was I right these two are just huge threats to every single team style and can sometimes win me the game just from team preview, even high up on ladder. I mean virtually nothing switches into gengar, like seriously. And bisharp has just been such a staple for HO that he was a must. The offensive synergy they have is insane and I was pumped to build around it.

+

Then I thought "awesome I dont have a mega yet, what is good for offensive momentum and can help bring in my threats? mega man came to mind then I just mindlessly slapped on scarf lando-t cuz this core is a straight menace, its fast af and has decent enough coverage to handle just about everything late game.

+

This is where the true genius comes into play, I knew I wanted to use belly drum azu, cuz this beast gets knock off with bd now, so it OHKOs skarm, ferro, amoongus and basically everything that used to wall it. But the problem was I needed rocks to secure some OHKOs, and I needed a mon that could bait in something that azu could bd on, so mamoswine was literally perfect, he can get up rocks and attracts mons like slowbro or keldeo that azu can easily setup on(assuming no fkn scald burn which does happen but w/e)

So anyway on to the sets:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Not much to be said here, this is an HO team and this is an HO mon. I honestly didnt even think to use him for his defiant, but that is a nice bonus. This is also my primary way I handle greninja, as it is easy enough to switch in on ice beams, gunk shots, dark pulse, esensory, grassknot, basically 6 out of 8 common greninja moves he can switch in on, and low kick isnt very spammable since I have gengar lando-t manectric, and azu all that could potentially take advantage of it. But more often than greninja comes in trying to revenge something and I can safely switch into greninja most of the time and threaten it with sucker punch. Or pivot into lando-t on the low kick, its prediction heavy I know, but such is the nature of Ho, and trying to deal with greninja, but all in all I found it to be pretty consistent. But yeah bisharp hits like a tank and nothing really likes knock off so hes very solid and essential on any Ho imo. I changed it to jolly low kick bisharp to help deal with other bisharp as well as outspeed adamant diggersby who can be annoying to switch into. (clones advice) evs are to outpace adamant diggersby and rest into bulk to slightly take resisted hits better.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

This quickly became my favorite mon in OU, I herby vow to always use him forever on an offensive team. Seriously he is very fast and speed ties with many dangerous threats(and can literally OHKO everything that is in the 110 speed tier) so he makes them think twice before risking a tie. The moveset and evs are p much standard focus blast is innacurate but w/e its helpful for heatran and ferro. Destiny bond is the only questionable thing, I love it mainly because of bulky offense mons like chary or conkeldurr, or basically anything that can live one hit and OHKO back, because they just die and its usually after gengar just killed something, so getting an extra kill is huge for Ho teams and it fits nicely with this team. Like how is he not used more? name me a switchin, what tentacruel? that thing is passive af and can be 3hkod anyway, basically only stall mons even have a chance to switchin and even then they fear the taunt so I usually can get another free attack off.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So I just picked this thing because I needed something fast, and I didnt have a mega. I honestly was arguing to drop this thing earlier because I thought he was just piss weak and could not hit hard, but I take it back he is very worthy of his rank and is a solid mega choice for certain teams. He helps with a very big scizor weakness I have to this team, and is a very effective late game cleaner against threats that are too fast for gengar or bisharp to take care of. Also a nice birdspam check and greninja check, he is very effective at gaining momentum, and late game cleaning, and is just perfect with lando-t. But the real reason I think he works so well on this team is that he is very good at weakening things that like to switch into gengar like heatran or other special walls, and just softens up mons in general that can allow for some OHKOs.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

We finally got this dude into S rank and boy does he deserve it, he outspeeds fkn everything and is just amazing. I wont say all the stuff you could go find in the viability ranking, so Ill just stick to how he performs here. He is similar to manectric in that he is really good at softening up things that switch into bisharp. The reason I have stone edge is because it is a nice move to spam late game to clean up, moves like superpower or explosion would hinder his effectiveness late game, and I use him late game alot. This lando-t + manctric core is old as shit so I will just move on I guess

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Honestly he doesnt do too much, if I see a sableye I usually lead with gengar to force it out that way mamo can get rocks up later. But his main job is too just get up rocks and then try and smack something with endeavor or knock off, endeavor is really good against mons like slowbro because I always live scald even if it burns and then I have rocks up and his slowbro is at like 5% which is perfect bait for azu to set up its belly drum. That is the main role of this mamo, just setup the game that would give azu the best chance to destroy everything. The evs could be changed and I might put icicle spear over knock off and then switch to jolly for lead breloom as that thing is annoying as hell, but I like knock off for rotom as it usually puts it in range for gengar or bisharp. Im also changing this to the more standard lead mamo set to outspeed and usually OHKO breloom if I get 3 icicle spear hits, I am going to test this out because I might miss knock off for boppping rotom-w and slowbro, but idk I will see if I like this set better.(pokemonkemop suggestions)

(Turn 3)Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

(public service announcement! You are not prepared for this! FIX your team now or you will be swept! You have been warned)
Then we got my homie turn 3, now that azumarill has belly drum and knock off nothing can stop. Also mega venusaur is like literally the only thing that doesnt get OHKOd(except for unaware mons) but no one uses tat fat dinosaur anymore. Honestly this is the teams MVP and definitely why I have done so well on ladder with it. you could probably switch the nature to adamant as it secures a greninja and latios ohko after rocks I think, but I just run jolly to make sure I outspeed some stuff. This is my teams primary way to beat stall teams as it just destroys common stall cores. Even sableye pre mega cant burn me cuz it gets outsped and OHKOd by aqua jet, then everything just dies it is just amazing and so easy to sweep with this thing. While I do honestly win alot of games on turn 3, even if it doesnt sweep it usually gets a kill or 2 which makes the other members job so easy, I mean nothing can deal with all this teams threats.

Ok so this team does have some weaknesses, but keep in mind that this is HO and I dont need an answer for everything. But even still there are some things that make me cringe when looking at team preview'
Threat List:
Mega (fkn) Lopunny: This mon destroys this team so hard that I have already decided to build my next Ho around her. It can lead against mamo and stop my rocks, it even speed ties manectric for christ sakes. It hits gengar cuz fkn scrappy and it is a good answer to belly drum azu because I think azu gets 2hkod by fake out from 62%(which is a rocks switchin and a bd). The only way I beat this thing is by already setting up with azu, or by amazing predictions.

Next is scarf keldeo: seriously look at this team, scarf keldeo just runs through it it outspeeds and ohkos everything except azu, but azu cant really switch in too many times especially if it gets burned. Scarf keldeo is a nightmare and luckily I only came across one so far and managed to beat it barely, but yeah scarf keldeo is a nightmare for this team.

Mega (fkn) scizor: Ironic that its my name I know, but if manectric is weakened it cant take a +2 bullet punch, and from there basically nothign can handle it. It can setup on lando-t if I chose to get locked into eq or something and then just destroy me. I can only beat it by keeping manectric helthy(which can be tough as he is a pivot and I have no hazard control)

But yeah those are basically the only things I lose to consistently, everything else could be layed around or comes down to a 50/50 or something.

I know this is long, but I want to talk about how synergetic(is that a word?) this team is. Its basically a team of 3 cores that complement each other. The mamo +azu core allows azu to usually get up a bd and then break through a team, then that leads the way for bisharp and gengar to just decimate the remains, and lando-t and manectric can be used mid and late game to either clean up or bring the other two in safely. If you want to use this team it is important that you understand how it works. its also important to realize what you win conditions are because sometimes you might see that manectric cleans late game easily, so dont use him as much, instead use lando-t to pivot. Or you could see that bisharp can sweep at +2 if conkeldurr is gone so lure it in with gengar and dbond is his ass. Basically I am just saying that realize this is HO and my games usually are 10-16 turns long, so dont be afraid to sack shit you dont need.

But yeah obviously I didnt peak -5, I think I peaked 20 with this team but I wouldnt call it a peak as I was comfortably able to stay around 20-25 for quite some time, and I beat just about everyone on the very top at least once, which shows that this team can win against basically anything, but it does come down to 50/50s sometimes which can be annoying but its worth it. I also want to note that I am posting this basically to help people ladder faster and to promote HO more, I am sick of seeing all these stall people think they are good. Not saying stall players are bad but stall is just a mindless way to play on ladder( i recognize stall takes skill to use against good opponents but on ladder its just them making the safest play possible over and over again). Luckily though this team rips through stall as you basically only have unaware mons to worry about before azu sweeps with belly drum. I am also posting this cuz I cant really play that much anymore and I imagine I will have to make a new team in about a month when I can be more active, so I thought I would just throw this up, not retire it persay but let you guys see it to help you ladder and to help patch up a few weaknesses that it has. A good suggestion I got was rocky helmet garchomp(which is in my other RMT) over mamo as it brings in the same thing for azu to sweep and it is a good way to widdle down lopunny. But yeah thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy using the team, Ill throw a ladder shot up here and give you the import. :)

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Attachments

Last edited:
i would make bish black glasses it can really mess with your opponent and make him think your sash but that's just my 2 cents besides that everything else looks good :]

god, this looks like a team that would make me cry if/when I faced it ;~; >.>
seems solid.
k, first suggestions
I really like Icicle Spear over Knock Off on lead mamoswine just because it breaks opposing sashes. Would also break gliscor, which seems like a nuisance for the team before azu sets up. helps a lot when fighting opposing suicide leads. Another thing to think about is Earthquake, but you do have ground coverage that should last through the game in Landorus T.

I think that sub 3 attacks gengar is definitely an option on this kind of team over dbond just for the extra free hit/kill, but dbond should be better.

Mega Venusaur needs to be added to that threat list. You only break defensive versions with gengar and bisharp(sometimes, you lose to hp fire or eq), and those are really easy mons to get rid of quickly. I would seriously recommend adding a Defog HP Fire Latios to this team.I don't know what you would get rid of because your cores are so solid, but it patches up your scizor weakness somewhat(surprise factor) and gives you a solid option to beat megavenu. Also checks keldeos who don't predict and use icy wind on the switch(and seriously screw those guys >.>). Gives you an option to get hazards off if you need them, which is an option I think you should have if possible even if you don't necessarily choose to use it.

Gren weakness before megaman going super saiyan, but every team is gren weak so w/e

Again, seems p good :]

PS: word is synergistic, not synergetic. Wouldn't have mentioned it, but you were wondering :D

Your team makes me cry, it's loaded with a bunch of shit that just ploughs through my bunch. It's shit like this that made me take a ladder hiatus! XD
Alright, I kind of got ninja'd here, but yeah I wouldn't bother with Knock Off on Mamo, yeah it's cool, but you have three other Knock Off spammers already, Mamo could do with something better, like the afore mentioned Icicle Spear for Sash users, or EQ for hard STAB coverage. Aside from that, I can't see much else to fix, my eyes are to teary to spot anything else. Nice lot!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Opposing Bisharp are a HUGE issue for this team. Two mons give it a free attack boost and if Lando is locked into the wrong move, or if sharp comes in on a shadow ball from Gengar, you're losing something (especially if shadow ball gets a SpDef drop.) There are two ways to go about this without changing the team entirely. I mean, yeah you have Mamoswine, but chances are its dead because lol suicide lead.

The first option is to make your own Bisharp jolly and to run low kick over iron head. Yeah you miss out of Clefable, but you have more than enough ways to pressure the pink fuck that it's not too much of an issue. It also gives you a more reliable way of beating mega Gyarados, as it can set up on Bisharp or Lando t (depending on the move its locked into) and proceed to 6-0 your team. Dark types in General give this team issues, especially since your Azu is BD and has no bulk investment.

Option two is to run Sub > Destiny abound on Gengar. Yeah you can play around sucker punch with d bond and stuff, but it's unreliable and chances are your opponent will switch. Another thing sub allows you to do is to force a switch (such as coming in on a Clefable) and get a sub up, which can possibly turn no kills into a kill, or a kill into two kills. Yeah you're worn down easier with sub but let's be honest, Gengar is frailer than tissue paper.

TL;DR Jolly Bisharp with a Low Kick > Iron Head or Substitute > Destiny Bond on Gengar would improve this team (or use both together!!!)

Edit: Superpower on Lando could also help with your Gyarados problem too.

Hope I helped with your massive Bisharp problem =]

Opposing Bisharp are a HUGE issue for this team. Two mons give it a free attack boost and if Lando is locked into the wrong move, or if sharp comes in on a shadow ball from Gengar, you're losing something (especially if shadow ball gets a SpDef drop.) There are two ways to go about this without changing the team entirely. I mean, yeah you have Mamoswine, but chances are its dead because lol suicide lead.

The first option is to make your own Bisharp jolly and to run low kick over iron head. Yeah you miss out of Clefable, but you have more than enough ways to pressure the pink fuck that it's not too much of an issue. It also gives you a more reliable way of beating mega Gyarados, as it can set up on Bisharp or Lando t (depending on the move its locked into) and proceed to 6-0 your team. Dark types in General give this team issues, especially since your Azu is BD and has no bulk investment.

Option two is to run Sub > Destiny abound on Gengar. Yeah you can play around sucker punch with d bond and stuff, but it's unreliable and chances are your opponent will switch. Another thing sub allows you to do is to force a switch (such as coming in on a Clefable) and get a sub up, which can possibly turn no kills into a kill, or a kill into two kills. Yeah you're worn down easier with sub but let's be honest, Gengar is frailer than tissue paper.

TL;DR Jolly Bisharp with a Low Kick > Iron Head or Substitute > Destiny Bond on Gengar would improve this team (or use both together!!!)

Edit: Superpower on Lando could also help with your Gyarados problem too.

Hope I helped with your massive Bisharp problem =]
Yeah I forgot to mention that bisharp is a huge probem, mainly because almost every time I have seen bisharp, lopunny seems to be his parnter, and lopunny becomes my primary threat. But yeah I have lost to SD bisharp and did consider switching for low kick but I kinda just weighed the cost of missing out on fairies and hitting things like mandibuzzor azumarill. Its a tricky trade off but I think youre right the other mons that are hit by iron head can be covered by other team mates, wheras bisharp basically can only be handled by me sacking my gengar or if I already setup with azu.

Srn also pointed out the mega gyara weakness but I am able to handle mega gyara so long as I am maintainnig offensive pressure/momentum, This is basically done by not being dumb and locking myself into like knock off with lando-t, because yeah if I let it set up I basically just lose, but that is the case with many setup sweepers and like I said as long as I am in control of the match it isnt a problem, and if I am not I probably deserve to lose anyway.

Also I am pretty sure jolly bisharp can outspeed diggersby right? but yeah I think the changes I am going to make or at least slash are putting icicle spear on mamo and then make it jolly low kick bisharp, Thanks for the suggestion guys!

Also what do you guys think about adamant azu over my jolly one, I dont really know what jolly azu outspeed other than no speed rotoom-w but honestly every rotom should be running 44 speed anyway, so idk. I mean this is the major calc that is in favor of adamant right now, unless I see something crucial jolly outspeeds I think ill go adamant

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 220-259 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

also this I guess+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 331-391 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
How do you deal with Unaware Quagsire?
Gengar is a pretty hard counter to quagsire(about as hard a counter as an HO team can get), as he is immune to toxic and earthquake, which means he is only getting hit by scald. And that doesnt do too much damage, while he can then hit him back with a very strong shadow ball.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 242-285 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 76-91 (29.3 - 35.1%) -- 16.3% chance to 3HKO

If you have problems with quagsire dont be afraid to switch something up. You could put freeze dry on mamo, you could put grass knot on bisharp, you could make gengar a more stallbreaker set, its up to you. I havent found quagsire to be a problem, and even if I did he isnt common enough for me personally to change anything, but if you seem to run into him alot you can always change whatever you want.

Nice team, as an avid Hyperoffense user I definitely approve. One thing that kind of bugs me about it though is its lack of hazard removal. One suggestion is lead Excadrill, and it has been a success for me thus far. Just little things like full health Lando-T helps with avoiding KOs by Bisharp, and getting max health possible for BD on Azu. My set is Max Speed Jolly with EQ, Toxic (For Slowbros and other wall pokemon who can take hits from it any day), Rapid Spin and Stealth Rocks. This gets countered by things like Skarmory and Air Balloon Heatran, but this doesn't matter when Excadrill's job is still being done.

Another quick suggestion for you is Taunt over Destiny Bond on Gengar, but this is not at all required. It just might help to break stalling mons more on your team if it is much trouble, though BD Azu usually can do the trick.

One thing that you might want to consider with your Bisharp weakness is that D Bond on Gengar is a guarantee kill of Bisharp if you think about it, so that could be used if you are desperate. It does, however, cost Gengar, so it isn't optimal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)