Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Golisopod-Mega
Ability:
Emergency Exit ----> Tough Claws
Typing: Bug/Water

Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 125 ----> 155 (+30)
Defense: 140 ----> 140
Special Attack: 60 ----> 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
Speed: 40 ----> 90 (+50)
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Dragon Dance
Description: Mega Golisopod has two roles it can fulfill. The first role is obvious when you look at its stats and its new move; a Dragon Dancer. A large boost to speed let's it out speed the vast majority of opponents after a Dragon Dancer, and a boost to its special bulk makes it easier to set up on special opponents, and the rest is dumped into Attack. The second role it can have is a wallbreaker. A brutal Attack stat of 155, Tough Claws boosting contact moves along with reliable STABs in Leech Life and Liquidation, Poison Jab to hit fairies switching in on First Impression and a powerful priority combination of First Impression and Aqua Jet make it both a fierce breaker and a brilliant revenge killer.

Golisopod-Mega
Ability: Emergency Exit ----> Tough Claws

Stats:

HP: 75
Attack: 125 ----> 135
Defense: 140 ----> 160
Special Attack: 60 ----> 70
Special Defense: 90 ----> 130
Speed: 40 ----> 60
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Description: Bulk, bulk, bulk, bulk, bulk. Also it's very powerful.

Vikavolt-Mega
Ability: Levitate ----> Sheer Force
Typing: ~

Stats:

HP: 77
Attack: 70 ----> 80
Defense: 90 ----> 130
Special Attack: 145 ----> 155
Special Defense: 75 ----> 115
Speed: 43
Base Stat Total: 500 ----> 600
Movepool Additions: Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Description: A bulky, slow and VERY powerful Sheer Force user.

Araquanid-Mega
Ability: Water Bubble / Water Absorb ----> Water Bubble

Stats:

HP: 68
Attack: 70 ----> 110
Defense: 92 ----> 132
Special Attack: 50 ----> 80
Special Defense: 132 ----> 152
Speed: 42 ----> 12
Base Stat Total: 454 ----> 554
Description: A very bulky tank with a powerful ability and reliable recovery. It'll make waves in UU at the very least, and likely get into OU.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability:
No Guard
Typing: Bug/Electric
Stats:
HP:
77 --> 77
Atk: 70 --> 70 (0)
Def: 90 --> 100 (+10)
SpA: 145 --> 175 (+30)
SpD: 75 --> 95 (+20)
Spe: 43 --> 83 (+40)
BST: 500 --> 600 (+100)
New moves: Hurricane, Earth Power, Heat Wave

Mega Vikavolt now has more Speed and Special Attack. With full investment, it almost hits 500 Special Attacks, making dents in anything not named Chansey. No Guard gives it drawback free Zap Cannon and Thunder, making this a very potent wall-breaker. Vikavolt also has access to Earth Power, which is a better answer to it's Rock and Fire weakness than Mud Shot.

Recommended set: Agility, Earth Power, Bug Buzz, Zap Cannon (252+SpA 0-Atk 252 Spe)

Mega Golisopod
Ability:
Tough Claws
Stats:
HP:
75 --> 75
Atk: 125 --> 160 (+30)
Def: 140 --> 150 (+10)
SpA: 60 --> 60
SpD: 90 --> 150 (+60)
Spe: 40 --> 40 (0)
BST: 530 --> 630 (+100)
New moves: Ice Punch, Bulldoze, U-Turn

Recommended Set: Leech Life, Liquidation, Ice Punch, U-Turn/Bulldoze (252 HP, 252+ Atk 0-SpA)

With added attack power and boosted defenses and with access to healing in Leech Life, Golisopod is a brilliant tank! Leech Life and Waterfall can hit hard with a Tough Claws boost, the former also giving Golisopod recovery. Ice Punch, also boosted by Tough Claws helps Golisopod counter flying types. It also gets access to Bulldoze to deal with Rock and Electric types and to reduce their speed while switching in. Also has access to a slow U-Turn.

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Bubble Guard (same effect as Fur Coat)
Stats:
HP:
68 --> 68
Atk: 70 --> 90 (+20)
Def: 92 --> 102 (+10)
SpA: 50 --> 30 (-20)
SpD: 132 --> 222 (+90)
Spe: 42 --> 42 (0)
BST: 454 --> 554 (+100)
New moves: Sticky Web, Recover

Recommended Set: Infestation/Lunge, Sticky Web, Liquidation, Recover (252 HP, 252+ SpD 0-SpA)

Since it's based on a spider, Araquaind now gets access to Sticky Web which makes it a good lead. Moreover, it's an anti-Landorus lead. Araquanid also has insane defenses, with both it's defense stats crossing 500 with proper investment. It can trap Fire and Ground types with Infestation and get rid of them with Liquidation. It can also heal off some damage using Recover.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'd just like to get some feedback on the Ability Rankings for gen 7 moves.

5:
Water Bubble

4.5:
Beast Boost
Comatose
Electric Surge
Grassy Surge
Psychic Surge
Stakeout

4:
Fluffy
Galvanize
Misty Surge
Shadow Shield
Stamina
Triage

3.5:
Berserk
Corrosion
Innards Out
Soul-Heart

3:
Prism Armor
Dazzling
Queenly Majesty
Steelworker

2.5:
Dancer
Merciless
Slush Rush
Surge Surfer
Tangling Hair

2:
Full Metal Body
Gale Wings (nerfed to only be used at full HP)
Long Reach
Water Compaction

1.5:
Liquid Voice
Weak Armor (buffed to +2 speed boost)

1:

0.5:
Emergency Exit
Wimp Out

0:
Battery
Power of Alchemy
Reciever

-1:

-2:

Unusable:
Battle Bond
Disguise (Mega Mimikyu exclusive)
Power Construct
RKS System
Schooling (Mega Wishiwashi exclusive)
Shields Down (Mega Minior exclusive)

On nerfed abilities, I don't think Prankster should be moved from where it is since it's still a super powerful ability to have and it benefits greatly from the change in Mega Evolution turn mechanics. -Ates don't seem nerfed enough and Parental Bond is still godlike for Seismic Toss/Night Shade and moves with status effects, so they should probably stay where they currently are.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, here's my thoughts.
Liquid Voice: 2.5->1
There's no power boost; only type change. Barely beneficial imo.
Long Reach: 2.5->1.5/2
It's just a highly situational ability. Useful, but not that good.
Dancer: 3.5->2.5
Like Long Reach, it's good, but situational.
Battery: 4->0
Like you said, this meta is singles based and Battery has no effect in singles.
Steelworker: 2.5->3
Pretty much like Strong Jaws (1.5x power on certain moves), so I feel that they should be categorized the same.
Surges: 4->4.5
The terrains are honestly barely any different than Rain/Sun so I thought they should be bumped up to the same ability class.
Fluffy: 4.5->3
Taking half damage from contact moves is great and all, but you're also gaining a weakness and it's not too hard to circumvent by using a non-contact move.
Innards Out: 4.5->2.5
It's honestly like a ballsy Aftermath. Does the most damage when you get OHKO'd, but to get OHKO'd you have to be frail meaning that you don't have very much HP meaning that you don't get to do much damage anyways...
Stamina: 4.5->4
Meh.
Triage: 4.5->4
+3 priority is insane, but the amount of moves that are effected by it isn't a very long list.
Water Bubble: 4.5->5
Heatproof (2.5)+Water Veil (3)+2x Water Damage(?)=5.5+? Just an insanely good ability and considering that people could make clones for different resistances, statuses and 2x damages, it's highly tailorable to pretty much everything.

Last edited:
Alright, here's my thoughts.
Power of Alchemy/Receiver: 0->1
I get why you could think that they would be useless for Mega's, but if you switch out and come back in they do work.
Just following precedent of other Doubles-only abilities being ranked at 0 here. It is better than Friend Guard/Telepathy/Symbiosis, but since this is mainly being balanced around Singles it might be best for it to just be 0.

Liquid Voice: 2.5->1
There's no power boost; only type change. Barely beneficial imo.
I was gonna make a counterargument, but I realized that the only Status move that benefits is probably Grass Whistle, making it only useful for emergency Water coverage. I agree.
Long Reach: 2.5->1.5/2
It's just a highly situational ability. Useful, but not that good.
Agreed.

[quoteDancer: 3.5->2.5
Like Long Reach, it's good, but situational.[/quote]
That's fair. I guess there isn't really a Swords/Dragon/Quiver Dance user on every team.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Just following precedent of other Doubles-only abilities being ranked at 0 here. It is better than Friend Guard/Telepathy/Symbiosis, but since this is mainly being balanced around Singles it might be best for it to just be 0.

I was gonna make a counterargument, but I realized that the only Status move that benefits is probably Grass Whistle, making it only useful for emergency Water coverage. I agree.

Agreed.

[quoteDancer: 3.5->2.5
Like Long Reach, it's good, but situational.
My bad, had the way that Reciever works mixed up in my head

Last edited:
Beast Boost: 4->4.5
This ability is just insane. Also I think it should be limited to UBs.

Berserk: 4->3
How is this ability better than Moxie/Soul Heart? Probably can be used well by tanky pokmeon but I think it's situational.

Dancer: 3.5->?
It's a so-so ability, but it's variants is what I'm afraid of.

Steelworker: 2.5->3.5
You get a STAB to a whole new type. It's variants can be really useful.

Surges: 4->4.5
What MaceMaster said

Fluffy: 4.5->4
The additional weakness to fire is a big no-no since they are everywhere, but the clones of the ability can be scary (like give it a 2x weakness to flying, so I think it's fine where it is right now)

Triage: 4.5->?
The ability itself if fine where it is, but what about it's clones?

Corrosion 3->3.5
Highly situational, but this is can be a godsend for those poison types so heavily rely on Toxic. Agreed, it doesn't work well with the Salandit line, since it hits steels hard, but the ability to Toxic M-Venu, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Celesteela and Toxapex can't be ignored.

Oh and Gale Wings is gonna drop sooo hard :P
Also why is Unburden at -2? I know it's useless for Megas but it isn't detrimental per se.

Voting time! Don't think I missed anyone this time, but if I did please let me know. As usual, you can have up to 3 votes per Mega and can only have yourself as 2nd or 3rd vote.
Cool slate!

Mega Golisopod
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 75 HP / 155 Atk (+30) / 140 Def / 60 SpA / 130 SpD (+40) / 70 Spe (+30)
New Moves: Close Combat

No idea on a description but this feels totally obvious. I guess it's littler claws grow?

Mega Araquanid
Ability: Drizzle
Type: Bug/Water
Stats: 68 HP / 100 Atk (+30) / 132 Def (+40) / 100 SpA (+50) / 132 SpD / 22 Spe (-20)
New Moves: Weather Ball

The bubbles on its legs have grown much larger, which also slows it down. The bubble has grown much larger around its head as well. When it walks, it makes puddles.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability: No Guard
Type: Bug/Electric
Stats: 77 HP / 130 Atk (+60) / 100 Def (+10) / 145 SpA / 100 SpD (+25) / 48 Spe (+5)
New Moves: Megahorn, Hurricane

The mandibles have grown even larger and now resemble a large horn. The shell on its blue wings have been shattered and it is capable of flying faster.
Vikavolt-Mega
Ability: Levitate ----> Galvanize

Stats:

HP: 77 ----> 77
Attack: 70 ----> 77 (+7)
Defense: 90 ----> 111 (+21)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 185 (+40)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 110 (+35)
Speed: 43 ----> 40 (-3)
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice
Description: Its mandibles grow larger, and it develops a thick shell. It no longer needs to fly that much, so its wings are now much smaller and underdeveloped.
In competitive, it's a bulky, special attacking monster with Galvanize-boosted Hyper Voice off 185 base Special Attack
View attachment 75762
Mega Vikavolt
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats:
HP:
77 --> 77
Atk: 70 --> 80 (+10)
Def: 90 --> 80 (-10)
SpA: 145 --> 152 (+7)
SpD: 75 --> 65 (-10)
Spe: 43 --> 146 (+103)
New moves: none

So remember how the Pokedex says this thing is fast? Well it was obviously talking about its Mega (even though Megas have their own Pokedex entries now, but whatever). With an almost ridiculous boost in Speed, Vikavolt speeds past even the likes of Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile and Accelgor and with Sheer Force, which boosts both Thunderbolt and Bug Buzz, and a high Special Attack stat, it has the power to take out its opponents as well. Its design becomes much, much slimmer, becoming aerodynamic and sleek. This does cause Vikavolt to lose some bulk though, and a lack of priority means that opposing priority such as Accelerock or Aqua Jet can easily pick it off.

View attachment 75763
Mega Golisopod
Ability: Adaptability
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Stats:
HP:
75 --> 75
Atk: 125 --> 150 (+25)
Def: 140 --> 160 (+20)
SpD: 90 --> 155 (+65)
Spe: 40 --> 30 (-10)
New moves: Drain Punch, Close Combat, Superpower

This is what happens when Golisopod decides to stay and fight in stead of flee. Upon mega evolving, its shell grows stronger and encompasses its entire body, notably it claws, giving it a Fighting typing and greatly increasing its bulk at the cost of speed. While it doesn't have any reliable recovery, it makes up for this with Adaptability Drain Punch and Leech Life coming off of 150 base Attack. It also has access to priority options such as Aqua Jet, First Impression and Sucker Punch to make up for its low speed. And when all else fails, Adaptability However, it doesn't have an amazing STAB combination, leaving it unable to hurt Pokemon like Celesteela and Skarmory a lot. And when it isn't doing much damage, it isn't healing either. Nevertheless, this has the potential to become a great wallbreaker and wall.

View attachment 75764
Mega Araquanid
Ability: Bubble Trap (Arena Trap, but Water types are immune in stead of Flying-types. If this is not allowed, I'd like to give it Multiscale)
Stats:
HP:
68 --> 68
Atk: 70 --> 50 (-20)
Def: 92 --> 172 (+80)
SpA: 50 --> 50
SpD: 132 --> 172 (+30)
Spe: 42 --> 52 (+10)
New moves: Whirlpool, Perish Song, Stockpile, Recover

This. This is the most annoying trapper the world has ever seen. If it comes in on a Pokemon that can't hurt it a lot (which is anything that doesn't hit it super effectively, basically), it sets up Stockpiles and then it's never gonna die. However, it is unable to do anything back to anything, esspecially with a lack of offensive boosting moves like Calm Mind or Swords Dance.
Design wise, the bubble on its head goes around its entire body, and gets tentacle-like extensions. Araquanid itself rolls up into a ball, protecting its innards, thus becoming bulkier. It gains speed because it rolls around.

Golisopod Mega
Ability: Intimidate
Typing:

Stats: 75 / 150 (+25) / 180 (+40) / 60 (+0) / 125 (+35) / 40 (+0) [BST 630 (+100)]
Description (Competitive): Golisopod takes a more defensive route in its mega while still having a good offensive stat. With titanic 180 Defense and Intimidate this thing can switch int basically any physical attacker it wants. 125 SpDef is nothing to scoff at either, although it is let down a bit by its low SpDef. Slack Off allows it to work as a wall that can set up Spikes for the team, or it can use an SD set, abusing its ability and bulk to find a spot to set up.

Slurpuff Mega
Ability: Water Bubble
Typing:

Stats: 68 / 90 (+20) / 122 (+30) / 70 (+20) / 172 (+40) / 32 (-10) [BST 654 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Curse, Recover
Description (Competitive): Mega Araquanid keeps its old ability due to it being fantastic while gaining a decent boost to its attack and good bulk. 172 SpDef is really good, although not as impressive when you look at its low HP. The main thing holding this thing back is that its non Water-type moves hit fairly weak, leaving it walled by many Water resists. It can use its bulk and power to set up Bulk Ups.

Galvantula Mega
Ability: No Guard
Typing:

Stats: 77 / 80 (+10) / 140 (+50) / 165 (+20) / 115 (+40) / 23 (-20) [BST 600 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Focus Blast
Description (Competitive): It now becomes a powerufl railgun, blasting its opponents with No Guard Zap Cannons. It can take hits thanks to its decent 77/140/115 bulk and destroy them back. Focus Blast gives it really good coverage, and it wont miss thanks to No Guard. Its speed takes a hit, though, making Agility even worse than it was before it got this Mega. Overall a bulky attacker that could be an all-star in Trick Room teams.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability:
Strong Jaws (Bug Bite is now a biting move [this change would affect only Vikavolt as no other Strong Jaw pokemon learn Bug Bite])
HP: 77 (+0)
Attack: 145 (+75)
Defense: 95 (+5)
Special Attack: 115 (-30)
Special Defense: 85 (+10)
Speed: 83 (+40)
New Moves: Thunder Fang and Swords Dance
Description: Vikavolt transitions from a special to a phsyical attacker, utilizing its massive jaws. Has great STABs, boosting options and has some nice tech.
Vikavolt @ Vikavoltite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance/Crunch/Roost
- Agility/Crunch/Roost

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Water Bubble
Typing: Water/Bug
HP: 68 (+0)
Attack: 115 (+45)
Defense: 112 (+20)
Special Attack: 50 (+0)
Special Defense: 168 (+35)
Speed: 42 (+0)
New Moves: Sticky Web and Aqua Jet
Description: A super tanky web setter that still holds a massive offensive presence due to its ability.
Araquanid @ Araquanidite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet
- Sticky Web

Mega Golisopod
Ability:
Tough Claws
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 165 (+40)
Defense: 160 (+20)
Special Attack: 65 (+5)
Special Defense: 120 (+30)
Speed: 45 (+5)
Description: A terrifyingly powerful tank with 3 viable priority moves.
Golisopod @ Golisopodite
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet/Sucker Punch
Happy my Marowak submission won :] thx for the votes guys ;)

Mega Golisopod
Ability:
Emergency Exit ----> Desolation (All terrain effects are negated while the Pokémon is on the field. Also, The Pokémon's moves are not affected by foe’s abilities during battle)[Cloud Nine alternative + Mold Breaker]
Typing: Bug/Water ----> Bug/Water

HP:
75 ----> 75
Atk:
125 ----> 175 (+50)
Def: 140 ----> 150 (+10)
SpA: 60 ----> 55 (-5)
SpD: 90 ----> 100 (+10)
Spe: 40 ----> 75 (+35)
BST: 530 ----> 630 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Ice Punch, Drain Punch
Description: Mega Golisopod doesn't worry anymore about any of the Tapu's Terrains, Desolation basically allows it to ignore Psychic Terrain, Queenly Majesty and Dazzling and proceed Spam First Impression and Aqua Jet. Reducing Bulu's Power is also very nice, as without Grassy Terrain, Banded Bulu can't OHKO Golisopod-M with Wood Hammer, and Leech Life is a clean 2HKO against the Bull. Also, just getting rid of Emergency Exit is already amazing as Golisopod is a terrible user of that ability seen how slow and specially frail it is.

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Water Bubble ----> Net Bubble (Decreases Fire-type move power on the Pokémon by 50%. Increases power of Water and Bug type moves used by the Pokémon by 100% before adding STAB. Prevents Burn)[Water Bubble alternative]
Typing: Bug/Water ----> Bug/Water

HP:
68 ----> 68
Atk:
70 ----> 80 (+10)
Def: 92 ----> 132 (+40)
SpA: 50 ----> 70 (+20)
SpD: 132 ----> 142 (+10)
Spe: 42 ----> 62 (+20)
BST: 454 ----> 554 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Recover, Sticky Webs
Description: Araquanid is now just a little bit more powerful than it was, however, better all all-around bulk and having Poweful Bug-STABs as well is very good for Araqua, also, acess to Recover and Sticky Webs can make Araquanid's life much easier.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability:
Levitate ----> Speed Boost [I know Speed Boost is 4.5 and the limit is 4 but considering how slow Vikavolt is, I feel like an exception should be made here :]
Typing: Bug/Electric ----> Bug/Electric

HP:
77 ----> 77
Atk:
70 ----> 75 (+5)
Def: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
SpA: 145 ----> 175 (+30)
SpD: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Spe: 43 ----> 48 (+5)
BST: 500 ----> 600 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Quiver Dance, Flamethrower
Description: Mega Vikavolt is a very threatening Pokémon; once three long turns have passed, Vikavolt can outspeed and demolish teams, however, beetween one Protect and other, Vikavolt will have to take a hit, however with its newfound 77/120/105 it has less trouble taking hits and can take a Psychic from ScarfLele for example. Finally, Quiver Dance can be used as well, as it allows Vika to gather Speed Boosts faster and also gives it more wallbreaking power.

Golisopod-Mega @ Araquanite
Ability: Desolation
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Liquidation
-Leech Life
-Aqua Jet
-First Impression

Araquanid-Mega @ Araquanite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
-Liquidation
-Leech Life
-Scald
-Recover / Lunge / Sticky Webs

Vikavolt-Mega @ Vikavoltite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Protect / Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice / Bug Buzz

Golisopod-Mega
Ability:
Emergency Exit ----> Tough Claws

Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 125 ----> 155 (+30)
Defense: 140 ----> 140
Special Attack: 60 ----> 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 120 (+30)
Speed: 40 ----> 90 (+50)
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Dragon Dance
Description: Mega Golisopod has two roles it can fulfill. The first role is obvious when you look at its stats and its new move; a Dragon Dancer. A large boost to speed let's it out speed the vast majority of opponents after a Dragon Dancer, and a boost to its special bulk makes it easier to set up on special opponents, and the rest is dumped into Attack. The second role it can have is a wallbreaker. A brutal Attack stat of 155, Tough Claws boosting contact moves along with reliable STABs in Leech Life and Liquidation, Poison Jab to hit fairies switching in on First Impression and a powerful priority combination of First Impression and Aqua Jet make it both a fierce breaker and a brilliant revenge killer.

Mega Golisopod
Ability:
Rattled
Attack: 155 (+30)
Defense: 170 (+30)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 100 (+10)
Speed: 70 (+30)
New Moves: Superpower, U-turn
Description: Even a Mega Evolution wasn't enough to cure Golisopod of its cowardice, but now that weakness has been turned into an advantage. Rattled brings its speed above everything but fast Choice Scarf wielders, and with base 170 Defense it becomes an excellent Knock Off punisher. The new ability also opens up the possibility of Swords Dance, but it can still be used as a priority pivot if you see fit. Superpower seems like logical coverage while U-turn allows it to continue making tactical retreats without Emergency Exit.

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Water Bubble
Typing: Water/Bug
Attack: 120 (+50)
Defense: 92
Special Attack: 70 (+20)
Special Defense: 142 (+10)
Speed: 62 (+20)
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Ice Fang
Description: Araquanid was clearly made with Water Bubble in mind (hence the new physical Bug and Water STABs), and this Mega Evolution helps it to do that better and to fill in holes. Aqua Jet grants priority while Ice Fang provides coverage. Pretty much everything that Mega Araquanid can't break through is an opportunity to set up Sticky Web.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability:
Analytic
Attack: 70
Defense: 120 (+30)
Special Attack: 185 (+40)
Special Defense: 95 (+20)
Speed: 53 (+10)
New Moves: Ice Beam, Overheat
Description: While this doesn't quite rectify Vikavolt's speed problem, it is going to hurt when your get the opportunity to attack. Analytic punishes switching hard and its coverage is now much better with an option to blast Electric resists that can take bug and a Magnezone nuke. What little speed it did gain, it can now use to outpace everything non-scarfed with a Timid nature if you still want to run Agility.
Golisopod-Mega
Ability: Emergency Exit ----> Tough Claws

Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 135
Defense: 140 ----> 160
Special Attack: 60 ----> 70
Special Defense: 90 ----> 130
Speed: 40 ----> 60
Description: Bulk, bulk, bulk, bulk, bulk. Also it's very powerful.

Vikavolt-Mega
Ability: Levitate ----> Sheer Force
Typing: ~

Stats:

Attack: 70 ----> 80
Defense: 90 ----> 130
Special Attack: 145 ----> 155
Special Defense: 75 ----> 115
Speed: 43
Movepool Additions: Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Description: A bulky, slow and VERY powerful Sheer Force user.

Araquanid-Mega
Ability: Water Bubble / Water Absorb ----> Water Bubble

Stats:

Attack: 70 ----> 110
Defense: 92 ----> 132
Special Attack: 50 ----> 80
Special Defense: 132 ----> 152
Speed: 42 ----> 12
Base Stat Total: 454 ----> 554
Description: A very bulky tank with a powerful ability and reliable recovery. It'll make waves in UU at the very least, and likely get into OU.

Mega Vikavolt
Ability:
No Guard
Stats:
HP:
77 --> 77
Atk: 70 --> 70 (0)
Def: 90 --> 100 (+10)
SpA: 145 --> 175 (+30)
SpD: 75 --> 95 (+20)
Spe: 43 --> 83 (+40)
New moves: Hurricane, Earth Power, Heat Wave

Mega Vikavolt now has more Speed and Special Attack. With full investment, it almost hits 500 Special Attacks, making dents in anything not named Chansey. No Guard gives it drawback free Zap Cannon and Thunder, making this a very potent wall-breaker. Vikavolt also has access to Earth Power, which is a better answer to it's Rock and Fire weakness than Mud Shot.

Recommended set: Agility, Earth Power, Bug Buzz, Zap Cannon (252+SpA 0-Atk 252 Spe)

Mega Golisopod
Ability:
Tough Claws
Stats:
HP:
75 --> 75
Atk: 125 --> 160 (+30)
Def: 140 --> 150 (+10)
SpD: 90 --> 150 (+60)
Spe: 40 --> 40 (0)
New moves: Ice Punch, Bulldoze, U-Turn

Recommended Set: Leech Life, Liquidation, Ice Punch, U-Turn/Bulldoze (252 HP, 252+ Atk 0-SpA)

With added attack power and boosted defenses and with access to healing in Leech Life, Golisopod is a brilliant tank! Leech Life and Waterfall can hit hard with a Tough Claws boost, the former also giving Golisopod recovery. Ice Punch, also boosted by Tough Claws helps Golisopod counter flying types. It also gets access to Bulldoze to deal with Rock and Electric types and to reduce their speed while switching in. Also has access to a slow U-Turn.

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Stats:
HP:
68 --> 68

Recommended Set: Infestation/Lunge, Sticky Web, Liquidation, Recover (252 HP, 252+ SpD 0-SpA)

Since it's based on a spider, Araquaind now gets access to Sticky Web which makes it a good lead. Moreover, it's an anti-Landorus lead. Araquanid also has insane defenses, with both it's defense stats crossing 500 with proper investment. It can trap Fire and Ground types with Infestation and get rid of them with Liquidation. It can also heal off some damage using Recover.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Golisopod: The Reptile, AD Thunderboy, Laughing X-Naut
Araquanid: swaggron711, AD Thunderboy, Ema Skye
Vikavolt: Laughting X-Naut, Ad Thunderboy, MaceMaster

EDIT: Thought voting for oneself would be kinda stupid, but since everyone is doing it...

Last edited:
On ability rankings:

• Surges: I kinda agree with you guys, but Misty Surge isn't as good or at least as dangerous as the others imo, so I think it should stay in 4. It's kinda like the Snow Warning of the Surges, though no status conditions is still very good.
  • Berserk: I was thinking it could be really scary on tanky Pokemon, but considering how easy it could be force those Pokemon out with status, Unaware and phazing usually, I think moving it down to 3 or 3.5 is a fair move.
  • Triage: Priority recovery is still really ridiculous imo, but it's kind of outclassed by Prankster in most cases I guess and there aren't many attacking moves which make use of it, so it's fair for it to be one rank below.
  • Innards Out: This ability shuts down sweepers hard and in my experience Pyukkumuku has been harder to play around than it thought. I don't agree with moving it down to 2.5, but 3.5 sounds like a nice balance.
  • Dancer: Variants of this ability are definitely something that should be on watch.
  • Water Bubble: This was one of the few abilities I was thinking of being rank 5. I kinda wanted to let it play out, but it is pretty dang powerful. And the thought of something stronger than Araquanid getting this...yeah, this should probably be 5.
Agree with everything else you guys brought up so far.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Golisopod: AD Thunderboy, MaceMaster, Laughing X-Naut
Araquanid: The Reptile, MaceMaster, AD Thunderboy
Vikavolt: AD Thunderboy, MaceMaster, The Reptile

Vikavolt: The Reptile, AD Thunderboy, swaggron711
Golisopod: exploudit, The Reptile, Vanillish Wafer
Araquanid: AD Thunderboy, swaggron711, Ema Syke

EDIT: Seems that self voting is allowed.

Last edited:
Golisopod - Vanillish Wafer, Exploudit, MaceMaster
Araquinid - The Reptile, Exploudit, Ema Skye
Vikavolt - Swaggron711, Exploudit, Laughing X-Naut

Why does every single mega Golisopod has Tough Claws? LOL

Xayah

San Bwanna
It might be a good idea to change the title of the thread, seeing as how we're already almost done with the slate AFTER the Marowaks

Golisopod - Vanillish Wafer, Exploudit, MaceMaster
Araquinid - The Reptile, Exploudit, Ema Skye
Vikavolt - Swaggron711, Exploudit, Laughing X-Naut

Why does every single mega Golisopod has Tough Claws? LOL
Because it's so obvious. Should have been it's hidden ability IMO.

Golispod: Laughing X-Naut, Pika Xreme, Ema Skye
Rattled is cool though

I guess you're right... Emergency Exit is just terrible, if it switched you out after you attacked it would have been wayy better imao
Emergency Exit would be absolutely fantastic on something fast, come to think of it. Maybe even use that next slate or something.

Edit:

Alright, it's been two days, I'm going to say something actually notable now. Mostly related to Gen 7 buffs.

Phione's BST should be 580.

Arbok got an attack buff by 10 in gen 7. Since I think 135 is a perfectly good Attack stat, I'd put the extra ten points in Speed. This is my submission, so...

Delcatty got a speed buff by 20 in gen 7. PoisonSearch

Pelipper got a special attack buff by 10 in gen 7. Yoshiblaze

Last edited:
Winners of last slate:
Golisopod:

Golisopod Mega
Ability: Intimidate
Typing:

Stats: 75 / 150 (+25) / 180 (+40) / 60 (+0) / 125 (+35) / 40 (+0) [BST 630 (+100)]
Description (Competitive): Golisopod takes a more defensive route in its mega while still having a good offensive stat. With titanic 180 Defense and Intimidate this thing can switch int basically any physical attacker it wants. 125 SpDef is nothing to scoff at either, although it is let down a bit by its low SpDef. Slack Off allows it to work as a wall that can set up Spikes for the team, or it can use an SD set, abusing its ability and bulk to find a spot to set up.
Araquanid:

Mega Araquanid
Ability:
Stats:
HP:
68 --> 68

Vikavolt:
View attachment 75762
Mega Vikavolt
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats:
HP:
77 --> 77
Atk: 70 --> 80 (+10)
Def: 90 --> 80 (-10)
SpA: 145 --> 152 (+7)
SpD: 75 --> 65 (-10)
Spe: 43 --> 146 (+103)
New moves: none

So remember how the Pokedex says this thing is fast? Well it was obviously talking about its Mega (even though Megas have their own Pokedex entries now, but whatever). With an almost ridiculous boost in Speed, Vikavolt speeds past even the likes of Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile and Accelgor and with Sheer Force, which boosts both Thunderbolt and Bug Buzz, and a high Special Attack stat, it has the power to take out its opponents as well. Its design becomes much, much slimmer, becoming aerodynamic and sleek. This does cause Vikavolt to lose some bulk though, and a lack of priority means that opposing priority such as Accelerock or Aqua Jet can easily pick it off.
Golisopod
The Reptile - 8
Laughing X-Naut - 6
AD Thunderboy - 5
Vanillish Wafer, exploudit - 4
MaceMaster, Ema Skye - 3
Pika Xreme - 2

Araquanid
swaggron711 - 8
AD Thunderboy, The Reptile - 6
MaceMaster, Ema Skye - 4
exploudit - 2

Vikavolt
AD Thunderboy - 7
The Reptile - 6
Laughing X-Naut, exploudit - 5
swaggron711 - 4
MaceMaster - 3

Before announcing the next slate, I just want to welcome MaceMaster to the MFA council! It's a pleasure to have him.

Next slate is:

Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina, the Gen 7 starters! The bulkiest and slowest bunch of starters yet have a lot of potential to offer as Mega Evolutions with their somewhat unique typings and pretty wide movepools. Decidueye will get an ability limit of rank 4, while Incineroar and Primarina will have ability limits of rank 3.5.

Finally, the new additions/changes to the ability rankings for now:
5:
Water Bubble

4.5:
Beast Boost
Comatose
Electric Surge
Grassy Surge
Psychic Surge
Stakeout

4:
Fluffy
Galvanize
Misty Surge
Shadow Shield
Stamina
Triage

3.5:
Berserk
Corrosion
Innards Out
Soul-Heart

3:
Prism Armor
Dazzling
Queenly Majesty
Steelworker

2.5:
Dancer
Merciless
Slush Rush
Surge Surfer
Tangling Hair

2:
Full Metal Body
Gale Wings (nerfed to only be used at full HP)
Long Reach
Water Compaction

1.5:
Liquid Voice
Weak Armor (buffed to +2 speed boost)

1:

0.5:
Emergency Exit
Wimp Out

0:
Battery
Power of Alchemy
Reciever

-1:

-2:

Unusable:
Battle Bond
Disguise (Mega Mimikyu exclusive)
Power Construct
RKS System
Schooling (Mega Wishiwashi exclusive)
Shields Down (Mega Minior exclusive)

Feel free to comment on anything in the future if something needs to be changed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kimaMpRH7qcAQSwSNgFR_MKAvUscfLyNBfrvvI5hdfI/edit#gid=0

Updated spreadsheet with gen 7 mons and Alolan forms. That took a bit too long ._.

exploudit: You can only have 4 moves per Mega, so I ended up just putting Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball and Morning Sun in the doc for your Mega Marowak submission, omitting Shadow Punch. Do you want Shadow Punch over any of these moves? It was also over 10 base points so I took those away from its defense. If you want them somewhere else let me know.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Mega Primarina
Ability:
Serene Grace
Typing: Water/Fairy
HP: 80 (+0)
Attack: 74 (+0)
Defense: 94 (+20)
Special Attack: 156 (+30)
Special Defense: 126 (+10)
Speed: 100 (+40)
New Move: Calm Mind
Description: Stabs have a 60% chance of lowering target's phyiscal or special damage output.
Primarina @ Primarinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic/Calm Mind/HP Fire/Hydro Pump

Primarina @ Primarinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mega Incineroar
Ability:
Moxie
Typing: Fire/Dark
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 155 (+40)
Defense: 105 (+15)
Special Attack: 85 (+5)
Special Defense: 105 (+15)
Speed: 85 (+25)
New Move: Sucker Punch
Description: A great late game cleaner against frail or slow teams with wallbreaking potential midgame.
Incineroar @ Incineroarite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge/Earthquake

Mega Decidueye
Ability:
Night Arrow (Clone of Gen 6 Gale Wings for grass type moves)
Typing: Grass/Ghost
HP: 78 (+0)
Attack: 137 (+30)
Defense: 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 110 (+10)
Speed: 80 (+10)
New Move: Giga Drain
Description: A boosting priority sweeper.
Decidueye @ Deciduite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Low Sweep/Roost

Decidueye @ Deciduite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Xayah

San Bwanna
Thanks for the Vikavolt votes everyone! Now that I have actually contributed to the meta, I'd like to ask: how do I play this? Anyway, here are my submissions:

Decidueye.png
Decidueye-Mega
Ability:
Overgrow/Long Reach ----> Archer of Legend (Tough Claws, but for moves that don’t make contact)
Typing: Grass/Ghost

Stats:

HP: 78 ----> 78
Attack: 107 ----> 140 (+33)
Defense: 75 ----> 75
Special Attack: 100 ----> 137 (+37)
Special Defense: 100 ----> 100
Speed: 70 ----> 100 (+30)

Movepool Additions: Thousand Arrows

When Decidueye mega evolves, he gains power from the spirits of many legendary archers. This greatly increase his accuracy and the speed at which he fires, raising his Attack, Special Attack and Speed. He also learns the technique or ‘Thousand Arrows’ where he fires 1000 arrows at the same time. Since Thousand Arrows also does not make contact, it is boosted by Archer of Legend, as is Spirit Shackle.

Incineroar.png

Incineroar-Mega
Ability:
Blaze/Intimidate ----> Shake Off (Shed Skin clone, fits better thematically)
Typing: Fire/Dark

Stats:

HP: 95 ----> 95
Attack: 115 ----> 100 (-15)
Defense: 90 ----> 160 (+70)
Special Attack: 80 ----> 85 (+5)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 160 (+70)
Speed: 60 ----> 30 (-30)

Movepool Additions: Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Morning Sun

While Incineroar will attempt to wear out opponent’s by punching them a LOT, Mega Inicineroar does it differently: it just stands there. It doesn’t care if it gets hit, it just heals it back up with Morning Sun and gets rid of status conditions with Shake Off. When its opponent gets tired, Mega Inicineroar takes the offensive. With Foul Play, Sucker Punch, and Drain Punch, it can use the opponents strength against them very well.

Primarina.png
Primarina-Mega
Ability:
Torrent/Liquid Voice ----> Natural Cure
Typing: Water/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 74 ----> 84 (+10)
Defense: 74 ----> 134 (+40)
Special Attack: 126 ----> 156 (+30)
Special Defense: 116 ----> 136 (+20)
Speed: 60 ----> 60

Movepool Additions: Wish, Heal Bell, Baton Pass

Mega Primarina focuses on helping its allies. While it doesn’t have the best bulk in the world, its Special Attack is high enough to force switched for it to use Wish. It can then Baton Pass out to grab momentum and heal an ally. Heal Bell also aids it in this more supportive role.

So for these Megas, I decided to go with a full RPG theme, somewhat similar to the Gen 6 starters and honestly what these starters had as well. Incineroar is the Tank that soaks a lot of damage, while being healed by the Healer, Primarina. Decidueye is in the back really far, doing a lot of damage as the Archer.

Last edited:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kimaMpRH7qcAQSwSNgFR_MKAvUscfLyNBfrvvI5hdfI/edit#gid=0

Updated spreadsheet with gen 7 mons and Alolan forms. That took a bit too long ._.

exploudit: You can only have 4 moves per Mega, so I ended up just putting Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball and Morning Sun in the doc for your Mega Marowak submission, omitting Shadow Punch. Do you want Shadow Punch over any of these moves? It was also over 10 base points so I took those away from its defense. If you want them somewhere else let me know.
Ye, I accidentally added more moves and extra 10 points in speed... My bad lol, please remove shadow punch and the 10 points in speed then :]

Mega Decidueye

Ability:
Overgrow/Long Reach
Long Reach

HP:
Atk:
147 (+40)
Def: 75
77 (+2)
SpA: 100
123 (+23)
SpD: 100
90 (-10)
Spe: 70
115 (+45)
BST: 530
630 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Leaf Storm, Giga Drain
Description: Mega Decidueye becomes a very powerful mixed sweeper after Mega Evolving, 147/123/115 offenses are pretty solid, and the fact that Decidueye can trap passive Pokémon with Spirit Shackle and set-up on them is even better for Decidueye, also, the bird can set-up Sword Dances, Nasty Plots and even Work-Ups. And due to Long Reach it takes no passive damage from attacking which is always nice for such a Pokémon.

Mega Incineroar

Ability:
Blaze/Intimidate
Tough Claws

HP:
Atk:
155 (+40)
Def: 90
115 (+25)
SpA: 80
SpD:
97 (+7)
Spe: 60
88 (+28)
630 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Pursuit
Description: Mega Incineroar hits insanely hard after Mega-Evolving due to its titanic Attack stat coupled with the tough claws boost. The Wrestler is now a very potent wallbreaker with above average bulk, even without Intimidate. Also Incineroar got a little bit speedier in the process, allowing to outspeed Pokémon like Landorus-T and uninvested base 100s with little investment. Close Combat is very valuable coverage. U-Turn is also always nice to have I guess.

Mega Primarina

Ability:
Torrent/Liquid Voice
Oceanic Soprano (All sound-based moves become Water-type moves and gain a 1.2x boost.)[Liquid Voice alternative]
HP: 80
Atk:
Def:
106 (+32)
SpA: 126
162 (+36)
SpD: 116
132 (+16)
Spe: 60
76 (+16)
630 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Wish, Calm Mind
Description: Mega Primarina still hits almost as hard as a regular LO Primarina would, but it has Oceanic Soprano boosted-Hyper Voices which, unlike Hydro Pump can't miss. Its new 80/106/132 bulk allows it to take hits way better, and a small speed improvent helps Primarina as well. I agree that Specs Primarina can dish out more damage, but mega evolving is safer because it allows you to switch moves and take more hits ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)